October 14th Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 14th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

We're going to be putting the Challenge Dungeon changes on Classic test this week, so we can give a full week for them to be tested out before they are implemented next week. 

-Drops have been added to Challenge Dungeon monsters

-Challenge monster MVP changed to boss property

-Kafra in the middle of town will give 1 million zeny

-Consumables vendor added just north of town center

Granny boxter will be updated this week. 

Spotlight changes to Niflheim and Glast Heim

TLAPD Orcs revert to their normal sprites

Attempting to bring the Ecto Exterminators quest to classic this week. 

WoE Report

Spoiler

Management report
Spoiler

#2 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

updated with both groove pack and this month lucky box items?

#3 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

please put shipcaptain/sharkhat/observer if possible. thank you

#4 bootywarriorr

bootywarriorr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ilovecheesecake

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

Woe update?

#5 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

oi !  challenge dungeon test week folks! :p_idea:  

we get to be ghostbusters too?

if this quest goes in can we have a link to a guide?

#6 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:38 PM

Here's some old posts:

Classic Sakray is up for testing. Create a character and gear it up. Give me a wish list of items you want added to the supply npcs.

Looks good! Just did a quick run around. More starting zeny would be nice, gives you 10k and a bunch of the items are more than that.

As for consumables off the top of my head:

Potions (White/Green/Blue)

Gems (Blue/Red/Yellow)

Holy Water

Panacea

Ygg Leaf

Magnifiers (gotta make sure drops are what they say they are!)

Poison Bottles

Bombs

For the Challenge Dungeon is there any way we can actually get some real work done on it this week? Its been four and a half months now since you expressed interest in reviving this project and it still has quite a way to go before it's actually done. A lot of people just want the end product and dont really care enough to test it, but it really needs to be tested to balance out the effort to reward ratio. Here's some things you can do to get people involved/interested:

• Compile a list of details about how things stand currently, talk about the limitations/issues and the goals/intentions behind the dungeon, right now people have to scroll past too many of my long posts to get relevant information about the dungeon.
  • Get Oda to take his stream there on Tuesday, he had 60 viewers today and anyone can make a character on the test server to join him. This would work best after a few days testing/balancing to help make things a bit more polished, give him a list of questions to ask people "Is it too hard" "What do you think about the monster skills/map" "What do you think about the drops".
  • Have Oda or Camp hop on every couple of days and shout on Classic that you're looking to check out the Challenge Dungeon on the test server in 30 minutes (to give people time to set up a character) then do the same as above, ask some questions, observe some things and make changes based on those before asking for more feedback another day.
  • Dont do nothing, the Challenge Dungeon constantly appears in the weekly patch notes, but very little (if anything) gets done on it and people just stopped paying attention and only care that it suddenly opens magically.

If you genuinely want/expect the Challenge Dungeon to be implemented on the live server next week you're going to need to put work in throughout the week instead of one burst at the end of the week and hoping it's good enough (because it wont be).

And drops:

So in a bit of a follow up now that the wiki DB has been updated (mostly anyway!) I've compiled a new list of things that drop at 0.03% or lower.

Can find it here (1 = 0.01% etc) there's a lot of boring things, but some that stood out to me:

• Wind Katar
  • Assorted Gunslinger weapons
  • Thorny Buckler
  • Elemental Books
  • Orleans Server

I dont really want/expect a huge list of changes after this. But there's still a few items that you could consider looking at drop rates (although to be fair I dont really think anything should be lower than card rate).

Edited by Themes, 13 October 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#7 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:15 AM

Can you make Mystical Amp Scrolls vendable?

#8 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:03 AM

It's good to know that the High Orcs would stop looking ridiculous. :D

Will the spotlight be moving to Niff/GH this week?

Also, + 1 to this:

Can you make Mystical Amp Scrolls vendable?

#9 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:16 AM

Can Hockey Masks be vendable too? +1 to Mystical Amp Scrolls.

I am excited to test the Classic Dungeon :). Perhaps having the Kobold Leader in kill-able HP (we sensed it and it has 500k+ HP???)

I think Tiki Tuesday can take a break from bot-banning and focusing on content. I watched a Renewal stream on WoE and I had noooooooooo idea what was going on. Perhaps streaming classes on renewal (or classic) would be interesting and good advertisement? Or doing some content (getting parties together, what to do on renewal servers/classic servers, or just giving a preview of quests or the classic challenge dungeon like Themes suggested also sound like a great suggestion).

#10 bootywarriorr

bootywarriorr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ilovecheesecake

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:29 AM

+1 make the hocket mask vendable and also Amp scrolls

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:59 AM

I think I'm gonna be "that guy".

There are maybe precisely 20 people on the server that care about challenge dungeon at this point. Although, yeah, great, more pvm and stuff to do (which don't get me wrong - we desperately need) it's been so long that people are getting apathetic to it.

But whilst we're talking about non-committal toward things that need to happen.

https://forums.warpp...015-q1-roadmap/

I don't know what it is that you guys do to gauge the activity or interest of the server in WoE, but something i'd like to see is data from the logs of the average player population in castles throughout WoE.

WoE isn't everything... but it is important when it has a knock on effect on the rest of the game. I'd say 80% of my guild's chars are levelled for WoE (when we are almost 50% of the WoE population on a sunday... that should tell you something) but the times are bad and the conditions of WoE are even worse. I talk to quite a few guildleaders from old servers and this is what the leader of what was undoubtedly the best guild on old Chaos told me.

[00:28:02] *******: I just have no motivation to play game that doesn't matter
[00:28:09] *******: no competitive spirt
[00:28:11] *******: no chance to win
[00:28:14] *******: no goals

That's after I sent him a screenshot laughing about getting a double god drop in an uneconned WoE 1 fort. WoE is basically no child left behind, there is no winning or losing or nothing at stake. It might seem stressful when players take part in it and they may complain; but that is why they become invested.

And he wasn't just talking about WoE either!

[00:31:22] *******: over time they just took away too much to make it easy
[00:31:33] *******: easy leveling easy item finding anyone can mvp or summon mvps
[00:31:37] *******: no walking around

This is precisely why I roll my eyes every time we have a drop rate event. It's not really about maintaining power or whatever bs people think my suggestions are tailored toward - it's about looking at the things that keep people playing and I know that if you spoodfeed everything needed to an individual, they get bored a lot faster. There's little need for team work and the community breaks down.

Don't think I'm right? Valhalla is the biggest guild for a reason and the primary people join us isn't the items that everyone whines about. It is because we are an active, competitive community with goals and aspirations.

I don't know what the answer is to drive other people actually play. Challenge dungeon might work for a couple of weeks, but soon it will be another dusty dungeon visited by ~5 people... just like the old one no matter how great it is made. The real problems of Classic really need to be looked at and addressed (without the community turning around and making it about each other rather than the game .

the other thing is that if you make the server an ezmode spoonfeeding server; the game must adjust to cater to those players. You push away the whimsical, hat-in-town explorer and achievement based players at the sake of catering to the MOBA style players and for that to work there needs to be some kind of actual competition.  Right now Classic works for neither.

right now the server looks like this

2 large competitive guilds vs eachother and 3 small ones allied + 1 small one that gets bullied by the alliance. There's no chance for start up, there's no fairness it's farmville until my guild and the other one get bored. I'm not defending because we have to relish every moment of action we can get. We're capable... but the stability of the server is SO bad, that we are just taking what we can get atm because the staff don't really grasp the situation nor seem to care.

Yeah it's tldr; but at this stage I really feel like the staff are overlooking something dreadful. I might even dare say I'm more qualified to assess the situation because of the sheer number of players I talk to, play alongside, recruit and work with as a community leader (that is what valhalla is - a community). And no, that doesn't mean they will always agree with me because objectively it's not possible to make people content when you're asking them to compete to do stuff that is currently in a state of non competitiveness. Infact if I'm saying the right things, they should be angry at me for suggesting their toys are put slightly out of reach so they have to grow up to get them!

#12 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:07 AM

are we getting niff/gh spotlight this week, or was that a thing i dreamt up? i was sick for a week, so i'm not putting it past me to be delusional about this.

also fixing siege is easy, shark hat only, no consumables, final destination. duh, guys, duh.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:09 AM

btw - I think it's worth noting that Valhalla deliberately does not attack new or inexperienced guilds. We're actually quite nice to them. We'll work with anyone that is interested in growing, competing, or improving the server (and that includes the fabled say good night - despite our "ethical" differences....). We might take the castles of smaller guilds if we need it and we might burn down WoE 1 econs if they are a/ owned by people that talk trash to us b/meginjard saturation, but there's only one case where that's personal and we don't even finish the job! We leave it empty for them at the end!

anyway the point I'm making is, we have to hold back and people don't understand how much. There are guilds that we could chase to their end forts and make go without castles. We could the past few weeks have taken the opportunity to destroy the uncontested WoE 2 econs; but we held back because maybe, just maybe, they'll actually try.

What I'm trying to say is, look, what we do and what I'm suggesting here isn't about keeping the little guy down. We could do awful things, we could split in to 2~3 guilds easily... I just wanted to address that before it came up. Because I know it will and I'd rather that people looked at the things we DON'T do to the small guilds before hurling those accusations.

Edited by Xellie, 14 October 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#14 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

This will be the 12319028310th post where I've seen Xellie spend so much time saying so little.

Xellie, we get it. Valhalla is the only big great guild left and its just so hard for you. People don't woe anymore and why don't the GMs do anything? But don't do drop events because thats spoon feeding power and that will ruin it. You basically want 2000 fresh people to show up and say alright lets all start woeing! And form guilds and make god items!

But guess what this server has been around for years and its hilarious to hear you posting worthless chat bites and complaining about drop events when you're tripping over god items and card accounts. You might think people join Valhalla for the comradery and the excellent leadership (lol) but you're fooling yourself if you think a massive collection of gear isn't playing a big role. People like to win.

Your last post is equally hilarious, great to see how nice Valhalla is letting people 'play' in woe so long as it doesn't interfere with... well basically wherever your feelings are that day. 

Get. Real. This server is where it is and nothing short of a full reset is going to bring it back. The double edge sword of your massive success (And the success of other longtime guilds) is that the distance between you and a new player is obscene and grows even greater by the day. The choice for a newbie is to join you or die. The server is choosing die. 

#15 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:57 AM

please make hockey masks vendable

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:13 AM

This will be the 12319028310th post where I've seen Xellie spend so much time saying so little.

Xellie, we get it. Valhalla is the only big great guild left and its just so hard for you. People don't woe anymore and why don't the GMs do anything? But don't do drop events because thats spoon feeding power and that will ruin it. You basically want 2000 fresh people to show up and say alright lets all start woeing! And form guilds and make god items!

But guess what this server has been around for years and its hilarious to hear you posting worthless chat bites and complaining about drop events when you're tripping over god items and card accounts. You might think people join Valhalla for the comradery and the excellent leadership (lol) but you're fooling yourself if you think a massive collection of gear isn't playing a big role. People like to win.

Your last post is equally hilarious, great to see how nice Valhalla is letting people 'play' in woe so long as it doesn't interfere with... well basically wherever your feelings are that day. 

Get. Real. This server is where it is and nothing short of a full reset is going to bring it back. The double edge sword of your massive success (And the success of other longtime guilds) is that the distance between you and a new player is obscene and grows even greater by the day. The choice for a newbie is to join you or die. The server is choosing die. 

Not really. Half our player base don't care if we win or lose. Mostly because there is nothing to "win" ! You are delusional.

Drop rates and item saturation is something we've protested before we even had our stuff. Not that you'd know because you just showed up at random intervals.

Before you put words into my mouth, I didn't say anything about what to do. The staff have to acknowledge the damn problem that they created. If the answer is to retire god items, so be it but take MVP cards with them too. If the answer is to disable these items in WoE, do it. Grow some balls and do something no matter who protests what, so long as it's reasoned out and logical.

And reset the damn econs and close some castles and assess the times. Classic got to where it is for a reason and no, that reason isn't my excellent leadership.

btw; part of running a guild is getting 38539572390 people to show up, make items, level, play, make chars. It's not all about micromanaging who stands where on an ME for 2 hours. All the people who play purely to "win" or "have stuff" are the ones that stay sidelined by our community or already left.

There's also another reason they join us, something about actually playing and not using shady things. That and I'm first point of contact for many start ups on the server. Livestream PR machine is vrypwrful

If you think a reset is going to happen : It's not! Because the staff categorically deny there's a problem. Get them to admit that first before offering a solution.

what are you going to do when Valhalla goes AFK for 2 weeks when I go on vacation? I heard you're going to play vs yourselves whilst the rest of the server farms uncompeted.

I love classic! Such a great, competitive lively server! We can't even admit half the playerbase can't make WoE because iRO took a merger with mRO/oRO and then shafted them with ridiculous WoE times.

But hey never mind that, so long as 30 people are playing vs eachother in a castle and getting free stuff whilst the rest of the server farms empties, then Classic is perfectly healthy.

p.s: dear classic, stop blaming gear. It got old months ago and it's still not right.

follow up: if you don't like what I had to say, too bad so sad. It's for the staff, not you.

If you can explain the problem, why it happened and why people don't play and what may be done to fix it, don't argue with me... tell the staff yourself.  And I'll tell the staff you're full of nonsense because we didn't have this gear at the start and still pulled numbers over every guild on the server. (something people tend to forget)

Edited by Xellie, 14 October 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#17 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

"You might think people join Valhalla for the comradery and the excellent leadership (lol) but you're fooling yourself if you think a massive collection of gear isn't playing a big role. People like to win."

Hold on right there buddy. I came back after a year and a half break and i went into VH because i knew her and even though i was in Valkyrie before taking my break she would always help me out. She's always been nice to me. Maybe it was because i don't make enemies, who knows. She allowed me to temp join VH in GD when there were fights, she helped me make an Ice Pick, etc. Because of the fact i wanted to try out WoE again i temp'd in her guild to see if i wanted to play again and because of that decision Valkyrie (Or 1 specific person, Cid) refused to allow me (A loyal Valkyrie member whose been in Valk since 2009) to join a leveling party and only said one comment; "Nice guild, naus." Since then i've stuck with VH.

"This server is where it is and nothing short of a full reset is going to bring it back. The double edge sword of your massive success (And the success of other longtime guilds) is that the distance between you and a new player is obscene and grows even greater by the day. The choice for a newbie is to join you or die. The server is choosing die. "

You're forgetting the fact that this entire time people have worked so hard to get the items/gears they acquired will have gone completely to waste, losing 90% the people including me. People join servers like these because they don't usually get wiped. The only correct way to deal with this is to let the newer players farm up while temperately disabling MVP/Gods (mini bosses are okay).

Edited by GypsyTearss, 14 October 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#18 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:52 AM

This might be long. I'll edit it some times, whenever I find time to. Feel free to jump to the next post if you want. English is not my main language, correct me if need, but please go easy on me.

I've been playing Classic for almost 4 months now. Due to the well known college+work combo, not as much as I'd like to.

Anyway, I check forums casually. And as a member of a small guild, filled with new players, I think it's about time to talk for our own.

Way too many times we "new" players and small guilds are mentioned in these endless fightings of old dinosaurs. So I'll express some of my/ my guildmates thoughts.

@ edit: guildleader convinced me that talk about this would only do us more harm than good. Unfortunately we're not free enough on Classic.

For now, +1 to amp scrolls and hockey mask vendable. I don't even own them but it's only right people can vend them.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 14 October 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#19 Giafone

Giafone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

we are just a active Group, more then all, when u check who uses GL and MVP Cards u will realise that most ppl don't care at all for em or only use them for guild (GSB etc). Ist just we have 5-10ppl 24/7 to do stuff and they are up for some ridiculous stuff to try out and Play around ist just pure fun.

Just because of that activity and ppl helping the guild farm all mats we would win in any fair conditions just cause ist allways better have 20 ppl work together then 15 bots+buying stuff in market.

Might argue about the godlike creation could Change so everyone can make them and not Need to pay valhalla but in the end ist again get ppl online and do it yourself we are beatable!

We have alot Players comming over from other guild that say i am sick of sitting alone in guild do stuff alone in a multiplayer game, ist not we have all Cards and equip ready to Hand out we give the new members some stuff and the rest they can get themselves ;D

#20 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

You might think people join Valhalla for the comradery and the excellent leadership (lol) but you're fooling yourself if you think a massive collection of gear isn't playing a big role. People like to win. 

It's sad that you have a generalized idea about Valhalla people.  Mind you, not all people who join Valhalla are just after the God items and shiz. 

I never cared about WoE and winning when I applied to this guild.  When I joined the server, I was looking for an active and friendly guild.. checked the threads and forums of each guild and found Valhalla to be the most active.  Also, Valhalla's ideals posted in their forums were aligned to mine and their members being from various age brackets was a plus factor. 

Yep, I wasn't wrong - they really are active, sociable, and friendly.  And apparently, the "infamous" Xellie? Don't believe in hearsay bruh.  I bet you only witness the WoE-Xellie and the forum-Xellie, there's more to her than that.

Edited by teresias, 14 October 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#21 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

+1 make the hocket mask vendable and also Amp scrolls

^

#22 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:34 AM

"You might think people join Valhalla for the comradery and the excellent leadership (lol) but you're fooling yourself if you think a massive collection of gear isn't playing a big role. People like to win."

Hold on right there buddy. I came back after a year and a half break and i went into VH because i knew her and even thought i was in Valkyrie before taking my break she would always help me out. She's always nice to me. Maybe it was because i don't make enemies, who knows. She allowed me to temp join VH in GD when there were fights, she helped me make an Ice Pick, etc. Because of the fact i wanted to try out WoE again i temp'd in her guild to see if i wanted to play again and because of that decision Valkyrie (Or 1 specific person, Cid) refused to allow me (A loyal Valkyrie member whose been in Valk since 2009) to join a leveling party and only said one comment; "Nice guild, naus." Since then i've stuck with VH.

"This server is where it is and nothing short of a full reset is going to bring it back. The double edge sword of your massive success (And the success of other longtime guilds) is that the distance between you and a new player is obscene and grows even greater by the day. The choice for a newbie is to join you or die. The server is choosing die. "

You're forgetting the fact that this entire time people have worked so hard to get the items/gears they acquired will have gone completely to waste, losing 90% the people including me. People join servers like these because they don't usually get wiped. The only correct way to deal with this is to let the newer players farm up while temperately disabling MVP/Gods (mini bosses are okay).

I'm sure Xellie is very nice in different contexts otherwise Valhalla wouldn't be as successful as it is. That being true doesn't make her latest ramblings about WoE and server problems any more valid. 

You're forgetting that with a dead server all your god items and mvps ALSO go to waste. Temp disabling of MVP/Gods helps nobody, it would be at best a band aid on the problem. Eventually the flood returns when the items come back on and guess what those people with 20 items disabled weren't sleeping on the job during that time either. 

I think a good solution would be to make Woe tiered by town.

• Tier 1 aka Fresh Noob
    • 'No Gods/MVPs' in certain WoE 1.0 towns
    • No Ygg seeds/berrys/other high cost spammable type consumable
    • Adjust drops to make castle holds still valuable
  • Tier 2 Still Noob
    • Select Gods and MVPs
    • Some or all consumables thrown back in
    • Adjust drops
  • WoE 2.0 stays the same but adjusted drops. 
  • A guild who holds a 2.0 castle OR a Still Noob castle cannot hold a Fresh Noob Castle

Now implementing this system will require a good bit of thought in terms of process and figuring out all the nuances - but I'm pretty sure this is the only way to get this server at all capable again. You need an activity which rewards a new player with something valuable to an old player, but make it something only a new player can do. 

Edited by GKole, 14 October 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:39 AM

I think disabling the items in WoE 2 makes the most sense, since that's the type of WoE pserver players like the most and Classic's moba style would cater to them more.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

This might be long. I'll edit it some times, whenever I find time to. Feel free to jump to the next post if you want. English is not my main language, correct me if need, but please go easy on me.

I've been playing Classic for almost 4 months now. Due to the well known college+work combo, not as much as I'd like to.

Anyway, I check forums casually. And as a member of a small guild, filled with new players, I think it's about time to talk for our own.

Way too many times we "new" players and small guilds are mentioned in these endless fightings of old dinosaurs. So I'll express some of my/ my guildmates thoughts.

@ edit: guildleader convinced me that talk about this would only do us more harm than good. Unfortunately we're not free enough on Classic.

For now, +1 to amp scrolls and hockey mask vendable. I don't even own them but it's only right people can vend them.

If you don't talk you'll never be represented. You don't know how many people I tell to just go post. What could possibly harm you?

#25 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:43 AM

Are you willing to calmly discuss it via PM, even if some of my thoughts go against yours? If so, please PM me. As for public posting, I'm not allowed to and I respect my guildleader's decision, even if I dont exactly agree with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users