October 14th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 14th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

Sure thing. PM me! I'd love to hear it.

#27 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

Are you willing to calmly discuss it via PM, even if some of my thoughts go against yours? If so, please PM me. As for public posting, I'm not allowed to and I respect my guildleader's decision, even if I dont exactly agree with him.

your GM has you guys on lockdown jeez.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

If Shin Ryoma is who I think he is, I completely respect their GMs decision actually. It makes a lot of sense - but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be heard.

Edited by Xellie, 14 October 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#29 7062150608110435693

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

This will be the 12319028310th post where I've seen Xellie spend so much time saying so little.

Xellie, we get it. Valhalla is the only big great guild left and its just so hard for you. People don't woe anymore and why don't the GMs do anything? But don't do drop events because thats spoon feeding power and that will ruin it. You basically want 2000 fresh people to show up and say alright lets all start woeing! And form guilds and make god items!

But guess what this server has been around for years and its hilarious to hear you posting worthless chat bites and complaining about drop events when you're tripping over god items and card accounts. You might think people join Valhalla for the comradery and the excellent leadership (lol) but you're fooling yourself if you think a massive collection of gear isn't playing a big role. People like to win.

Your last post is equally hilarious, great to see how nice Valhalla is letting people 'play' in woe so long as it doesn't interfere with... well basically wherever your feelings are that day. 

Get. Real. This server is where it is and nothing short of a full reset is going to bring it back. The double edge sword of your massive success (And the success of other longtime guilds) is that the distance between you and a new player is obscene and grows even greater by the day. The choice for a newbie is to join you or die. The server is choosing die. 

The distance between new players and Xellie is not a fault though. It is basically punishing Xellie for hard work. I have a questions for you.

1. )  Does telling yourself people join Xellie's guild because of God items make you feel better about your guild probably not being on the same level? Is that an excuse you tell your members not to excel? 

I urge you to reach in to your deepest cerebral abilities, menial as they may be and further analyze why this server is doing poorly.

#30 ttaggong

ttaggong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

징징~

#31 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

The distance between new players and Xellie is not a fault though. It is basically punishing Xellie for hard work. I have a questions for you.

1. )  Does telling yourself people join Xellie's guild because of God items make you feel better about your guild probably not being on the same level? Is that an excuse you tell your members not to excel? 

I urge you to reach in to your deepest cerebral abilities, menial as they may be and further analyze why this server is doing poorly.

No it isn't Xellie's fault.

I am saying it IS. It IS the present state of things, its unfortunate for Xellie, its unfortunate for everyone, but it IS the situation of the server. 

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

Yeah so lets ignore it and focus more on sniping who is pointing the issues out (since it affects all of us differently) than collectively yell at the staff and demand acknowledgement.

#33 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

terrible boxter update

#34 KuraBomb

KuraBomb

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAurora
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

Well no offense to any of the convo. Going back and forth but it should probably be posted elsewhere. I do believe the servers health isn't the best and probably won't be able to be fixed other then having a reset. but let's try to keep in mind this is not the place to argue. I'd rather us post in a different thread with more proposals to the GMs. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere like that.

Back on topic of updates. +1 to vending amp scrolls/ hockey mask
Also can you check the empty bottle npc ? I have sent a ticket once and they said they've fixed it but I've checked throughout the week and I keep finding it in the negatives.

Edited by KuraBomb, 14 October 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#35 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

I reckon that everything ya'all are talking about solving a problem that already has a solution...................................

https://forums.warpp...actice-edition/

Ya'all are welcome. 

#36 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:14 PM

Xellie may be the guild leader of Valhalla and to many people the public face of the guild, but just think about something:

She is just one person and Valhalla could not have the success they have in Woe and with making God Items without a lot of people working together to make it happen. She takes a lot of crap and abuse for being the visible face, but ya know, she's a pretty damned good person and I am happy to call her a friend.

I've known her and of her for a lot of years, we haven't always seen eye to eye but I do respect her and have been able to learn from her. If it was just for items, I highly doubt the folks that are loyal members of her guild would still be sticking around.

#37 bootywarriorr

bootywarriorr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ilovecheesecake

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

I got all these observers inside storage..I thought it was suppose to be Septembers box in boxter, this is some o'l bull. :/ It's like skipping a day of the week/.

#38 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

the boxter updates are so inconsistent. The last 150 point box was put into boxter so i stocked up on those items. Good to know i wasted money on WPE. Wont happen again. 

#39 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:50 PM

Boxter wasn't put in there to make people money. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining when it's performing its intended function correctly.

Disable amp scrolls in WoE please. Then go ahead and make them vendable.

#40 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

Its not a matter of making money. Its a matter on consistancy and expectation. Oh wait im playing iRO.

Boxter wasn't put in there to make people money. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining when it's performing its intended function correctly.

Disable amp scrolls in WoE please. Then go ahead and make them vendable.

#41 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

Its not a matter of making money. Its a matter on consistancy and expectation. Oh wait im playing iRO.

If you weren't relying on it as a source of income then you wouldn't be bothering with it here.

Lying makes you look bad.

#42 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:55 PM

... it's performing its intended function correctly.

What is the intended function besides letting people reroll last month's items?  If the last 150kp box was put in, it should have been put in again.

#43 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

If you weren't relying on it as a source of income then you wouldn't be bothering with it here.

Lying makes you look bad.

Relying on it? No. Expecting something to be implemented because it was on the last 150 point box? Yes.

Accusing people for lying because they posted their thoughts on something makes you look bad. Go get forum banned again or something. 

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:13 PM

Regardless of the intent, they needed to put those items in. They're not going to sell because the population is so small and I ended up with characters full of them.

And no, not to abuse boxes, just purely because I didn't get what I wanted. Now I have 2 chars full of crap that won't sell on market.

edit: this would be the first time I used boxter in a year, btw.

Edited by Xellie, 14 October 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#45 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

To CMs: Thank you for granting our request to make the scrolls vendable. <3

#46 bootywarriorr

bootywarriorr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ilovecheesecake

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

Regardless of the intent, they needed to put those items in. They're not going to sell because the population is so small and I ended up with characters full of them.

And no, not to abuse boxes, just purely because I didn't get what I wanted. Now I have 2 chars full of crap that won't sell on market.

edit: this would be the first time I used boxter in a year, btw.

Thank you!Yes i fully agree with you! Now i got all this crap in my storage,taking up space.

#47 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

Thank you for making Hockey Masks and Amp Scrolls vendable. :)

#48 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:55 PM

did u even replicate the conditions or ask the player to attempt it in game in real time or just took everything at face value in the video.

#49 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

so i stocked up on those items.

^ The problem with how people are using Boxter right here.

Go get forum banned again or something.

Remind me again why I got put on probation~

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

Also during my monitoring with the said guild and character, we happen to oversee a conversation that the reported character  is also suspected of having means to see GM's due to his statement that he sees a dead cell on his RCX which on that moment, I was standing on the first cell near the portal.

For the management.

RCX does not reveal GM characters as dead titles.
Here's some examples of RCX displaying dead (unwalkable) tiles

Spoiler

and here are two screenshots with and without a GM on screen (courtesy of section9)

Spoiler

Edited by Xellie, 14 October 2015 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users