October 14th Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 14th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

^ The problem with how people are using Boxter right here.

Remind me again why I got put on probation~

By stocking up i meant i bought a bunch of boxes and put a bunch of the less useful items in my storage to be turned into boxter. Is that not what boxter is meant for? My issue is the consistency. 

Im not sure why you got put on probation. Most likely for calling people liars that you have never spoken to. I never addressed you until you decided to try to degrade me.

Sounds like something someone would/should get suspended for.

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

did u even replicate the conditions or ask the player to attempt it in game in real time or just took everything at face value in the video.

The videos Oda, Warnhal and myself watch are raw video taken by the monitoring GM

For the management.

RCX does not reveal GM characters as dead titles.
Here's some examples of RCX displaying dead (unwalkable) tiles

Spoiler

and here are two screenshots with and without a GM on screen (courtesy of section9)

Spoiler

Weirdly I am aware of that. That is being addressed with training. The user in question was not banned for maya purple hack as it was obvious that they weren't doing it. I am posting the entire report good and the bad so that all issues can be addressed.

#53 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

I'm a little worried this weeks ban wasnt actually warranted, but I'm VERY curious how it gets handled from here on in.

#54 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'm a little worried this weeks ban wasnt actually warranted, but I'm VERY curious how it gets handled from here on in.

The video shows the Assassin Cross potting in the exact same rhythm of the attacks being received, instantly, and without regard to skills and other actions done by the potting player.

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

Double the Quote for Double the Fun!

Going to review the video some more since we the entire team is not very eagle eyed about things but we are working on it.

#56 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Server:Classic

RCX being able to see GMs is ridiculous. Cloak/Hide - GM or otherwise does not some how create dead cells or change the way the game works. Hide/Cloak can been seen while wearing MP, but GM Cloak/Hide cannot.

#57 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

the incompetence of the GM team here never ceases to astound me.

so i guess pre potting is a bannable offense now? cuz if so, i think most of the users who have posted in this thread ought to be banned as well lol

#58 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

I'm pretty sure she just starts to spam pots when she starts attacking. Was she actually checked for autopot by a GM? It's very easy to click your mouse while slamming on a potion button as you start to attack.

I dont have the footage so I'm not really going to comment any further. I'm glad you're giving it a closer look just worried that this was incorrectly identified.

#59 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

<Accusation post, does not forward the discussion.>

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

She follows me around all the time. GG orc hero and MP I guess lol

<>

JUST TELL THEM TO STOP CHEATING

#61 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

*snip*

#62 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

also happy to see it being reviewed. in a case of Ctrl+Click vs reflect i can see how it may be hard to identify. 

Edited by lxst, 14 October 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#63 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

Okay, Oda has his doubts about what I am seeing. But looking at the video the potting is happening at the exact same rhythm as the attacks received by the Assassin Cross. The attacks periodically stop. As do the pots at the same exact time.

But here is the kicker, that wasn't noticed on the first pass with the video by me. ALL actions by ALL players stop at the same time. It looks like the recording character's point of view is getting lag spikes. So if we remove the lag spikes it is much more apparent that -Elaine- is potting through and not auto potting.

I will post the video once Oda has uploaded it.

-Elaine- I see you reading this I want to apologize you are getting released in about 3 seconds.

https://youtu.be/FRYDSBWPmBU

#64 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:35 PM

Why is the GM lagging so bad? :( With the lag in there, that video evidence is questionable at best...

Edit: I see, okay. But this is concerning. Is all the footage that GM's are reviewing having lag in the video? :/

Edited by Jenna, 14 October 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#65 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

Thank you for quickly reviewing the situation and sorting it out.

I'm not entirely sure that video was supposed to be used as proof either way just demonstrate the type of lag that was happening (at least I hope anyway, because that video shows nothing at all).

Edited by Themes, 14 October 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#66 Godly1

Godly1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

Video is way to laggy to prove anything.

If you wanted to prove the video was of someone autopotting it has to be on a larger scale video than this.

#67 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

If that is the quality of videos that are being reviewed, we're all screwed.

#68 Elaine

Elaine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

Okay, Oda has his doubts about what I am seeing. But looking at the video the potting is happening at the exact same rhythm as the attacks received by the Assassin Cross. The attacks periodically stop. As do the pots at the same exact time.

But here is the kicker, that wasn't noticed on the first pass with the video by me. ALL actions by ALL players stop at the same time. It looks like the recording character's point of view is getting lag spikes. So if we remove the lag spikes it is much more apparent that -Elaine- is potting through and not auto potting.

I will post the video once Oda has uploaded it.

-Elaine- I see you reading this I want to apologize you are getting released in about 3 seconds.

Thank you. I appreciate the apology. I am happy to have my name cleared.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

That video was -_- so the reversal is correct.

No wonder you guys can't catch anyone.

Edited by Xellie, 14 October 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#70 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

get a grf with just the potting animation to somewhat reduce lag before banning people please

since you havent really been able to catch anyone major will the witch hunt be ending soon? 

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

get a grf with just the potting animation to somewhat reduce lag before banning people please

since you havent really been able to catch anyone major will the witch hunt be ending soon? 

Legalize AP ^o^

They can't handle it.

#72 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

If the rest of the evidence obtained is that quality, it really makes me wonder if other bans are correct. You have to at least use a three strike system or something to account for error. You can change that based on how obvious it is maybe.

And then there's the issue of having the player in question having a stimulus. You can't predict someone's potting behavior when being hit by ~3 different sources.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:39 PM

I'm pretty sure she just starts to spam pots when she starts attacking. Was she actually checked for autopot by a GM? It's very easy to click your mouse while slamming on a potion button as you start to attack.

I dont have the footage so I'm not really going to comment any further. I'm glad you're giving it a closer look just worried that this was incorrectly identified.

also happy to see it being reviewed. in a case of Ctrl+Click vs reflect i can see how it may be hard to identify. 

maybe I'm sleepy or whatever but how is reflect relevant here I didn't see it mentioned anywhere

#74 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

I am disappointed on many levels.

-community has self infested the server with cheats
-my worst fear, unjust bans (although was reversed in a timely manner, still super -_-ty for that person. Give them VIP or something!)
-GM team not having a consistent way to catch cheaters
-GM team knowing absolutely nothing about cheats (rcx mp hack?)

I do want to say thank you for logging in for woe. Like that is a huge improvement! It's pretty awesome tbh. However, from this weeks WoE report I have concluded this (nothing new)... We have staff here during woe, they have no idea what they are looking for, they have no measurable means of proving anything, and they operate off of tickets?????????????? None of this makes sense at all.

Breaking down the points... Thank you for sending a staff person here for woe. Seriously, thank you.

It is clear to me (via rcx mp) that the staff members don't understand cheats. I have a lack of faith of the knowledge of the basic concepts of the game. Granted how is players view the game is totally different then how the staff does it.

Somebody pots when they get hit... That is not a measurable way to tell if somebody is cheating. It needs to be more and has to have a surprise element. not sit back and watch people hit eachother. If that is how it is measured then for my safety I'd be better off running a bot spanning potion pitcher with no delay on me! It's a joke, but I hope you get the point.

Lastly, WHY DOES THE GM DURRING WOE OPPERATE OFF OF TICKETS?!?!?!!!???!!! This defeats every point of everything logical.

1. So easy to abuse
2. We had a staff member follow 1 innocent person around for 4 hours worth of woe? Wtf
3. Have I said that this is super easy to abuse?
4. There are many more cheaters out there then the ones who get ticketed

I'm just so lost and confused by all of this. It's not working, it's frustrating, and something needs to change asap.

Edit: sorry @ work on phone = can't understand what I'm typing. Your not alone, I can't make sense of it either lmao

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 15 October 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:48 AM

I am disappointed on many levels.

-community has self infested the server with cheats
-my worst fear, unjust bans (although was reversed in a timely manner, still super -_-ty for that person. Give them VIP or something!)
-GM team not having a consistent way to catch cheaters
-GM team knowing absolutely nothing about cheats (rcx mp hack?)

I do want to say thank you for logging in for woe. Like that is a huge improvement! It's pretty awesome tbh. However, from this weeks WoE report I have concluded this (nothing new)... We have staff here during woe, they have no idea what they are looking for, they have no measurable means of proving anything, and they operate off of tickets?????????????? None of this makes sense at all.

Breaking down the points... Thank you for sending a staff person here for woe. Seriously, thank you.

It is clear to me (via rcx mp) that the staff members don't understand cheats. I have a lack of faith of the knowledge of the basic concepts of the game. Granted how is players view the game is totally different then how the staff does it.

Somebody pots when they get hit... That is not a measurable way to tell if somebody is cheating. It needs to be more and has to have a surprise element. not sit back and watch people hit eachother. If that is how it is measured then for my safety I'd be better off running a bot spanning potion pitcher with no delay on me! It's a joke, but I hope you get the point.

Lastly, WHY DOES THE GM DURRING WOE OPPERATE OFF OF TICKETS?!?!?!!!???!!! This defeats every point of everything logical.

1. So easy to abuse
2. We had a staff member follow 1 innocent person around for 4 hours worth of woe? Wtf
3. Have I said that this is super easy to abuse?
4. There are many more cheaters out there then the ones who get ticketed

I'm just so lost and confused by all of this. It's not working, it's frustrating, and something needs to change asap.

Edit: sorry @ work on phone = can't understand what I'm typing. Your not alone, I can't make sense of it either lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users