October 14th Classic Maintenance - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 14th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#76 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:54 AM

I think most of the people who complain and are quick to call cheat don't really understand fully. As I've always said. A lot of people need educating.. Seems like the gms need to also. Have no idea how you could claim anything with that lag lol go pay for lowerping and feel the players pain.

#77 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:58 AM

POPULAR

<>

:^)

Oda: You can find a more eloquent way to disagree with someone. 

Edited by GypsyTearss, 15 October 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#78 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

maybe I'm sleepy or whatever but how is reflect relevant here I didn't see it mentioned anywhere - Xellie

ya, sry. before the vid was up it was theorized in an off forum chat that this was the situation being reviewed. at this point, for many and varying reasons, my comment is irrelevant. sry again for any confusion. 

#79 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

ya, sry. before the vid was up it was theorized in an off forum chat that this was the situation being reviewed. at this point, for many and varying reasons, my comment is irrelevant. sry again for any confusion. 

Now, why would it even come up? What kind of logical person thinks "someone might have gotten banned for autopotting reflect?" Rather than just flat out normal autopot?

Help me out understanding this.

#80 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

i never said it was logical. if anything i think we can agree that the evidence presents no logical reason for a ban. therefore, we as a group of ppl, couldn't come up with a logical reason for the ban. the vs reflect situation was only a theory we had before the vid of how someone could have botched this up so badly. and as i said before. in light of seeing the vid, for many reasons my comment on our theory was irrelevant and i am sorry for the confusion.

if you think about it, for us to have come up with a solid theory of how this person was banned, they would have had to be doing something ban-able. and because they wern't. all we had to go on was crackpot theory.

thank you for your time and continuing concern for the well being of our reasoning.

Edit:^^ i assure you the slight sarcastic tone of my post is just how i joke around. not intended to offend. if anything i think we should all be working together to identify proper cheating on the server. and stop witch hunts from being a thing to be feared by the good intention-ed, and hard working population of our server. and on at least some lvl all be friends.

Edited by lxst, 15 October 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#81 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

i never said it was logical. if anything i think we can agree that the evidence presents no logical reason for a ban. therefore, we as a group of ppl, couldn't come up with a logical reason for the ban. the vs reflect situation was only a theory we had before the vid of how someone could have botched this up so badly. and as i said before. in light of seeing the vid, for many reasons my comment on our theory was irrelevant and i am sorry for the confusion.

if you think about it, for us to have come up with a solid theory of how this person was banned, they would have had to be doing something ban-able. and because they wern't. all we had to go on was crackpot theory.

thank you for your time and continuing concern for the well being of our reasoning.

Ah ok. Thank you for explaining it.

See, reflect is a minefield, if you guys had evidence of reflect being used maliciously to report people when it shouldn't be, then that is something that needs to be addressed. So it's actually super concerning - thus why I asked for your sources.

Edit:^^ i assure you the slight sarcastic tone of my post is just how i joke around. not intended to offend. if anything i think we should all be working together to identify proper cheating on the server. and stop witch hunts from being a thing to be feared by the good intention-ed, and hard working population of our server. and on at least some lvl all be friends.

hey no problem man. Now if people stopped turning the reporting of suspected cheaters into "boo hoo you just attack mai frands" that would be cool too. Also belittling and insulting people for actually reporting suspected foul play? Not so great.

Edited by Xellie, 15 October 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#82 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

PM me when bots are legalized.

:p_laugh:

#83 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:33 AM

More mobs in Niff's Vally of Gyoll (nif_fild02) please? :ok:

#84 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, seriously.  Did you guys forget to increase the mobs down there in niff or something?  There were 3 parties there and definitely not enough monsters.  And by "parties" I mean some stalker ctrl clicking, an alchemist with with his homunculus, and a sniper/priest duo.  4 people shouldn't be struggling to find monsters on a Spotlight map. 

Also, can you remove the spawn timers and make them instant?  Waiting 5-30 minutes for monsters to respawn is not very Spotlight-like. 

#85 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

Cinnamon removed any relevant information that proved a case of cheating, so no reason for this post anymore.

Edited by Myzery, 27 October 2015 - 06:54 AM.
Removed call out portion.

#86 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

I am free at last!!!! Welcome back to me!

#87 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

I am free at last!!!! Welcome back to me!

wtf why

#88 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:35 PM

wtf why

My temp ban from 2010 expired!!! :) xD