[cha, quest rewards, stats] Higher cha doesn't increase rewards much? - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[cha, quest rewards, stats] Higher cha doesn't increase rewards much?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:05 AM

My argument/proposal is possibly incomplete, I am getting tired at this moment.

Yep, Pegasus has lots of changes I'm not aware of. Yeah.

The suggestion is to boost the effect of cha on quest rewards.

nfNpKvg.png

As you can see from the screenshot,

@165+2 cha, I get 1,028,309 exp from this quest,

@260+2 cha, I get 1,028,780 exp from the same quest, translating to ~95 more cha = .046% more exp.

The change of cha was made from equipping equipment with cha stats.

Perhaps there is a significant, noticeable change for a person with maximum cha.

Perhaps the effect on exp rewards was never significant. I do not possess data on effect of higher cha on quest rewards such as items and zulie as there are only a few and are most likely not worth the time to do.

Other than making a max cha cleric and other classes to specifically to buff a specific stat, there doesn't seem need for a cha set. I don't think there is a class that would max cha to maximize debuffs. Looks like I'm trying to argue for a reason for people to carrying around a cha equipment set, that's terrible.

Cha used to be the most useless stat and I don't think there was much point in investing in the stat before the change for them to affect the power of buffs and debuffs. Though the value of the cha stat has increased, perhaps cha could still provide an old benefit.

As most classes who invest in cha are defensive classes, obtaining exp for them is perhaps more difficult than other classes from the loss of offensive/defensive capability, additional exp from quests may help offset that imbalance. Many classes have skills that debuff and clerics specialize in buffs.

I'm trying to craft an argument where if a character invests in cha, I need to provide reason why they need a source of more exp/quest rewards. They obviously lose some offensive or defensive capability but the boost to buffs/debuffs offsets that somewhat.

I'd probably consider this suggestion low priority unless there is the want of players to do quests in the game as a source of more exp/various rewards/people to enjoy some actual story.

People who want to do quests:

https://forums.warpp...sting/?hl=quest

Here is the second part of my suggestion.

Return(?) passive recovery from stats.

I was thinking that all stats were meant to have offensive and defensive purposes.

Cha is special as it affects buffs(both offensive and defensive varieties), Sen affects crits offensively and defensively.

I'm a noob who doesn't pvp or played most of the classes so I lack actual data in this area. I can't really provide good reasoning other than it would seem interesting.

Didn't CON have a defensive benefit? Increased hp/mp recovery I think, if that was an old feature, was it necessary for the stat to lose that benefit? Str/Int probably boosted recovery too.

Passive hp recovery seems to only be used by some Knights, I do not know if this is common or uncommon. I'm not counting victorious respite, the champion's special passive.

I don't have much knowledge of how common it is to use and focus on passive recovery, mostly just soldier types and maybe clerics. The defensive stats are  defense, dodge, magic defense, critical rating*, block rate, etc, and lastly hp recovery. Offensive classes probably have a medium amount of con anyway, 200-230.

Hmmm, instead of dodge, a knight could focus on con for hp recovery for a high def/high recovery build. (sacrifices attack power though)

Anyway, I have one last thought.

Most "blue" equipments dropped from common monsters are quite useless, the set bonuses from them aren't much either, perhaps they can be made more useful? The game has obviously advanced to the point where they became useless probably.

I have the small thought that perhaps all these words are useless. boop. I don't care what you say mom, I'm posting it anyway!

Edited by saravon, 15 October 2015 - 01:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users