[DISCUSSION] The effects of killzoning on farming - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[DISCUSSION] The effects of killzoning on farming

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:16 PM

Haye guizzze,

I'd put this in ~/Chat but that place looks like Karkia. Speaking of other Hebarn-inclined places brings us to the topic:

PVP Planets and the effects of increased and variable risk on resource gathering

Whether you're farming Goblin Caves, Sikuku Ruins, Forest of Wandering, DoD or the Golden Ring, as a farmer you usually have a standard operating procedure: run a risk assessment + cost-benefit analysis, empty your inventory, get your sigils, ammo and gear ready and make sure you have a contiguous block of time free to farm. Generally the reward value of farming exceeds the risk and so you venture forth in the name of Rajaj and the almighty Zulie, braving the wrath of all manner of innocent creatures. Looting bones for arrows, feathers for wings, metals for weapons and ammunition-

What if the risk wasn't always the same every time?

What if you never knew what awaited you?

WHAT IF YOU WERE FARMING ON A PLANET WHERE THE ONLY SAFETY TO BE HAD WAS WHAT YOU MADE? SCRATCHED FROM THE DRY EARTH WITH GRIMY BLOODY NAILS, DEFENDED WITH GUN, SWORD AND BLADE?

Cartels far beyond what we see now. Monopolies of force. Contested territories. Gang warfare. Lethal weather.

NO RULES

Let's discuss.

Edited by Tleliaxu, 16 October 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#2 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:21 PM

Perhaps it is intentional that you don't make much sense?

#3 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:51 AM

Okay, do you know what low-sec space is? From 3v3 onlai ghne. I'm talking about an entire planet like that with no safe spots, no oases, no friendlies, no food vendors. A place where every map is a pvp map. Even entering the planet will effectively randomize your spawnsite. You have only what you bring (including allies) and what you kill. Food is obtained from killing monsters, as well as crafting or similar skills. Parties and clans constantly fighting for precious drops, taking control over the most desirable maps. Diab bbloww Hardcore Mode.

Was that clear enough or should I elaborate?

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:23 AM

Low-Sec or Null-Sec are terms coined from a space MMO called EVE.... 

#5 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:41 AM

Huh. I guess it's safe to name it outright here. Well, we'll see if that's the case when a mod shows up. Anyway, Karkia as a mostly nullsec planet with poisonous air (negative regen) and lethal weather effects (debuffs like blind, ap down, def down etc - think Shaman Ranka's goo but mapwide, planetwide etc)

Anyway, discuss farming on a pvp planet. Workable? Not worth the effort? Too easy for one clan to dominate? Etc.

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:36 AM

You are allowed to name other games, just not private servers.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

You are and aren't. Naming other games is highly 'grey area'. If you're naming a game as a recommendation for someone to go play, that's frowned upon. If you're naming a feature a game has, that our games lack, that's also 'grey area and kinda taboo. But, if you're just saying a term, or something was started in another game, you're just fact checking, and it can be allowed. 

#8 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

I doubt there's a readme specific enough to tell us what's what. Nothing like ignorance to breed fear to instil obedience.

On-topic: could we have urban post-apocalyptic warfare on Karkia for rares and mats?

#9 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

I like the idea of status effects upon entering certain areas. This is kinda nifty.

For example: Adventurer's Plains

Statuses:

Increased Movement Speed ( Because of clear skies, and fresh air )

Increased HP regen? ( Also because of the green grass, and fresh area conditions )

Another example: Anime Lake

Reduced Water resistance ( Because you are on the mobs turf, so they have the advantage against you )

I like this very much :D

#10 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Okay :3 Topic is now 'Weather-based status effects in maps - DISCUSS"

:P

EDIT: I could've sworn I at least mentioned this somewhere before, but anyway: a nice weather forecast ticker up top (actually making USE of that stupid notifications area swamping my screen real estate) and weather disasters might also work.

Edited by Tleliaxu, 30 October 2015 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users