October 21st Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 21st Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:47 AM

não é não piranha  :p_love:

lol

love you too

#52 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:25 AM

Is there still going to be a WoE report? =O

#53 Shigeru87

Shigeru87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:06 AM

And again they just follow tickets.

Well, we had quite a mess in the last 1/2 hour of WoE on sunday in Valf 1.

You didn't really catch anything ? wow

#54 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

MPs or MP hack cannot detect gms.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Such jokes

#56 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

I know you guys have been doing some work with the BG/PvP shouter but it's still very very spammy. There was a period of 3 minutes earlier today where one person ran 11 characters through it and a couple of days ago there was something like 20 characters run through in a 10 minute period.

Instead of just having people able to endlessly bring new characters to trigger the NPC, give it a cooldown and make it give more useful information. Things like "number of current players" or an announcement when BG begins are good examples of things people would be more interested in knowing.

For example here's what I think would work:

• Move the BG shouter to either the BG map or the waiting room area with the chat. This serves two purposes, it allows players to quickly access the NPCs and it allows the NPC to "see inside" the maps for playercounts. 
  • Every time a battleground starts have it shout that "Tierra has begun!" and give it a 30-60 minute cooldown (this allows people to know when it starts, but also that it's still running without extra effort from the players).
  • Allow a player to activate a shout to start recruiting "A player is looking to get Tierra started! Currently 3/16 players!" and give it a shortish cooldown, maybe 10-15 minutes.
  • Allow a player to activate a shout when the room starts to fill (6-12 players) and actually tells people that it's filling "People are getting ready for Tierra, 10/16 players!". Same deal here, short-ish 10-15 minute cooldown.
  • Allow a player to activate a shout when the room is almost full providing the same information "Tierra is almost full, 14/16 head on over to join in!". Same cooldown deal.

It's important that people get proper information from the shouts, right now people are just spamming the shouter as it doesnt let people know what's actually going on. You can play with the cooldown duration, I'm not really sure how hard to set the limit, it may be hard to keep drawing players in with a longer cooldown when you're just starting to draw people in.

It's the same deal for the PvP shouter, lots of those have been going off in the last week or two, but I'm not that interested as I dont know how many people are there. If it's just 1-2 people (as most of my previous experiences have been) I'm not that interested, but there's only one way to find out right now and it's easier to just not bother.

#57 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

http://miatribe.github.io/pipvpspy/

?_?