• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

Tbh, this is the bare minimum for making this class actually worthwhile.
I would have much more prefered if they could do something like this.
Break down the commie, defender tree into 4 groups.
Shield specialization: enhancing block dmg, stun, hush, make dash rely on shield.
Sword specialization: aoe skills, good for multiple player combat
Axe specialization: some aoe, some single target skills, weaker than sword aoe and weaker than bludgeon single, but has heavy duty bleed effects.
Bludgeon specialization: massive single target attacks with defense debuffs.

#27 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:04 AM

Idk...I think they should change the weapons and not the skills around them. Also that means it should have 4-5 skills for each weap or even more..that means a lot of skill just in commy tree..

#28 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Idk...I think they should change the weapons and not the skills around them. Also that means it should have 4-5 skills for each weap or even more..that means a lot of skill just in commy tree..

Yeah, but Im not expecting someone to get skills from all trees.
Hell if anything I wouldn't mind blocking out a tree when you pick a skill in commander class from another tree.
For example you can go sword axe or bludgeon axe but never all 3 or sword bludgeon.

And yes I wouldn't mind if they changed the weapons, but, I doubt they can. This is the easier approach.
Just skills, and skills with easy effects.

And also yes, 4 skills per tree, 1 in defender 3 in commander. So 16 skills plus passives. That's too many? For defender + commander?

Edited by NorrinRadd, 22 October 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#29 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:16 AM

Only on commy tree = 4 skills (3 active and 1 mastery) for each weapon (4, including shield spec) + buffs, slow, rush that are already 20 skills only on commy tree.

Edited by Kazara, 22 October 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#30 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:22 AM

Eh, keep the general 1 hand mastery
So that's down to 18
Move rush to defender, and also counting that as a shield skill because I want it to be like a charge with shield.
So that's 17
Get rid of promise of glory
Down to 16
Lol

Guess it is a bit many, but idk, more customization?

#31 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

I don't even think they ll read this huge wall of texts anyway e_e I didn't too most of them, they should learn how to summarize things lol

Edited by Kazara, 22 October 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#32 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:44 AM

I don't even think they ll read this huge wall of texts anyway e_e I didn't too most of them, they should learn how to summarize things lol

I got it I got it

Skills suggested by helium and Alteris suck.
2h weapon is not for commie or prot
Skills are not the biggest problem
Core mechanics need fixing

#33 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Skills suggested by helium and Alteris suck.
2h weapon is not for commie or prot
Skills are not the biggest problem
Core mechanics need fixing

^

#34 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

Topic No 2. Several times the discussion revolves around “AA” or “SS” Commanders. And how “AA” ones would be a complete joke now. To which I probably agree, even if I have not cared to test it lately, but I can imagine. One thing to remember… Skills are there to be used. There was never a truly “AA Commander”, what that would mean? Using just basic attacks, no matter what? My own character was a “hybrid”, for my own reasons, but see, I would certainly “spam skills” whenever that was possible (and yeah it was quite a damn struggle to keep up with mana, even with “uber” stats, and everyone knows that who actually used to play a few years ago). Thing is, I would also use my AAs in between, or as “fillers”, while skills were on cd, or mana was low. And why not? At the time my AA could do say 2.5k, or perhaps 1.5k on high def targets, which of course would make people laugh these days. Except, those hits along with say 5-6k moonlights and maybe 4k boomerangs and such, would quickly eat through the 20k or so HPs (and MUCH lower def) that “clothies” (and others) could have, and actually those were the well geared ones. So, that silly “AA” had some merit.

The problem isn’t that much about that now, the thing is this kind of damage, or more, whether it comes from “AA” or “SS”, is just meh and inadequate, if not plainly pitiful. Since you ain’t really gonna scratch that folk with twice the HPs and def, also probably having some uber heals, and not to mention the Armageddon of dps, and the need to first get through that so you could possibly even start smacking. Is this a fairly accurate description of the situation these days, or I got it wrong?

Topic No 3. What to actually do to give Commanders a “fair boost” and make them an actual class and not the adorable clowns of the circus, that provide some good laughs before being roasted like piglet fodder.

It is a tough one on its own. I will always stand firm in my belief, that it isn’t a specific class problem, it is a general, “fundamental” one, and as such, trying to “fix” only part of the problem could, at best, only be partially (and I mean little, very little) successful.

We could again discuss many skills and options and variations, in the end nothing would be truly remarkable without breaking the game further and probably creating a FOTM, new “god mode” class, aka “zerk Mk II”. Do we want that? I don’t think so, no one in their right mind.

However, the way things are right now. The quickest way to actually give Commanders a boost would be … To give them new skill(s) or improve existing ones by adding SOME “penetration”. Before you go into raging ape mode, read again: SOME.

I mean, a percentage of the damage inflicted would go “unchecked”, there fore penetrating and bypassing defense and resistance. This would of course scale up to some max, according to level etc. So, you would not have the “new Beam Slash”, but you could have something that at best could inflict, say, 20% “unavoidable” damage. Does it sound too much? I don't know, it is just a random number thrown, could be tested. I am certainly NOT the next lunatic who wants to see 10k UNAVOIDABLE damage inflicted, hint, hint, guess who are doing that already…

On the other hand, and since Commanders actually would never quite score a 10k hit, or even half of that (?), that 20% I just threw in, would not be something really massive, would it? As I said, we could fine tune it to something acceptable, but meaningful. WTF do I need a 250 bleed DoT for 5-6-10 seconds for, and such. That 20% could actually be higher, it could be say something that deals 5k damage, as long as that is NOT spammable or abused. Again random numbers, but say that 5k “unchecked” damage would be something, once in a while, and let’s be honest, still would not be the turning point in most situations. But, hey, would maybe make a Commander just a little happy or proud even.

Topic No 4. I believe Commanders also need some kind of “crowd control”. A useful one, not an “uber” one, not a game breaking one. Something that could even “annoy” the enemy ranks. Something that could disrupt / interrupt the ridiculous “I am sitting in my own sea of aoes eating popcorn, while everyone burns to a crisp before even getting here” situation. Maybe something like a “leash” that could PULL those chaps OUT of their comfort spot and TOWARDS the Commander (and their own party / comrades). Something like that. Effects, duration, cool downs and all that could be discussed and tested.

Well, these were some more of the ideas I had. I thought I might just throw them in. Will probably end in the garbage heap, but oh well, at lest something to share between us.

Topic 2:  Yeah at one time when you had to worry about losing mp AA was a valid option at times, but now I dont think I even see my mp bar move let alone deplete.  And with everybody healing like a mother it just does not get the job done.  Pve AA would just be for bosses, unless they added an aoe effect to our aa attacks.  Which would be new and interesting.

Topic 3:  I gave them this idea previously, I wanted them to add it to one of the new or older skills as a side effect such as moonlight and beam had, but i have not been answered about it.

Topic 4:  I suggested that the Suppression be the Aoe that sends the nearby enemies into a short confusion, maybe make it a rush kind of like the opposite thing a WL does.  Doesn't destroy the enemy team but it will at least scatter their formation.   I also said that the Scatter Star could be like a nova blast that blows people out of their aoes, or an anti-gravity skill that pulls them towards the commander.  They are looking at both of those ideas so maybe we will see less aoe camping.

#35 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:17 PM

You forgot to mention reduce face strike duration norrin, with moonlight giving silence too it's a perma silence or stun. Also all that effects from that low level buff?Wtf lol

Even if they didnt change the hush to be on moonlight, I would still opt for lowering the time on it if they made us more survivable.

It's embarrassing we need one skill to survive one caster attack.  And Goddamn for having to Facestrike a BERZERKER so it cannot heal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users