About these event mission maps - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

About these event mission maps

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#26 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:32 AM

Even though of free x2 pot from the HW map, it still costs too many silver coin for a pot (not reasonable to spend), I think.

#27 Lysanna

Lysanna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:28 AM

I think it would be a good idea to take the HW potions in vending machine. A lot of my guild mates farmed the old halloween map for these potion to use it at the exp weekends and I'm pretty sure a lot of other players did the same. Furthermore 5-10 coins aren't a lot of coins, especially they can nearly drop at every location and so I think it would be a good deal for all players want to use it after Halloween event, too. 

I also want to say something about the time for level up a character. Some of you said it tooks a lot of time to obtain lvl 60 and higher level. I dont agree with it. There are a lot of ways to get more exp in f7, using scrolls, exp potions, cookies, fatigue potions, 100 combo and so on (I'm pretty sure I forgot something^^).

I think f7 is a good way for fast leveling but i really hope there will be a balance for quest exp, too. I really like doing quests, learning more about the world of dragonsaga, but in high level the quest exp is unfortunately really low, so this would be a nice improvement, too^^.

Edited by Lysanna, 21 October 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#28 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:31 AM

There are a lot of ways to get more exp in f7, using scrolls, exp potions, cookies, fatigue potions, 100 combo and so on (I'm pretty sure I forgot something^^).

MyHome buffs (14% I believe), friend points (3% of gained exp is also gained as friend points... but I have no idea how they work for now), and Jack's beans. I can't remember of anything else right now.

Edited by Homurasan, 21 October 2015 - 07:32 AM.

#29 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

I will admit, I have abused farming the old Halloween map. I have farmed nearly 25 2x exp potions on one of my characters, yes I know it's pathetic right? I would have farmed that a lot more over running kyros for 6 hours if it weren't for me already leveled a ton of characters already at 81+ or around that level. The few 25 2x potions alone got me up real quick and it was less of a chore that it would have been without the game offering weekend boosts and free things. I know the pain of leveling from 1-81 anything past that is just for sp or to help a friend level in DV/Pegasus. I remeber back then getting nearly 4% exp in 45 minutes in DV without the potion and just used the default scroll exp/house buff/100 combo and now if I put some effort into gathering exp potions I can save at least 4 times or much more hours sitting in front of my screen looking at the magnificent lightning and maybe a blaze tower go wack monsters. It's quite a privilege to level much faster this year than the previous year. Regardless of how anything goes I just wanted to put out my opinion from my experience (I know people don't care about my experience, but I say it anyway:))at leveling is extremely slow past 60 in general without the event items like the farmable 2x pots and the biscuit. I can live with and without it, but Id like to support those that do need or highly want those to level faster.

It takes me around 2 weeks to no life from 1 to 81. It takes me a over a month to get to 60 or higher if I get distracted and find something else to do like help people do stuff.(just for those that want to know how long it takes me to level)
If I were to be a player who can only spend a few moments on dragon saga to have fun, leveling would not be in the most wanted things to do. We can't blame the game but only our ability to spend time on the game.(Not meant in a negative way in any way, shape or form)

Edited by Agitodesu, 21 October 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#30 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Spoiler

So far, I know:

_F6/F7 (+20% Scroll, if used)

_Combo

_Factory's products

_Beans and Potions

_Home's Bonus

_Friend Points

_1~4Star Potions from the firsts Dungeons

_Dony's, HuntG's, and the Board's Quests

_Standard Quests (any type)

_Bosses from anywhere

_Bonus from repeating Mission Maps (farming)

If levelling is so slow... HuntG gives 6~2% from Lv.70 to Lv.80 and 2~1.6% after Lv.80, per whole list completion, with a little extra from the kills made during the Quests; at least that worth the wait for someone wanting to F7.

Edited by Rainnowx, 21 October 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#31 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

Nothing, absolutely nothing compares with the exp you get from f7, this is already an issue the team is aware about. Now please stop saying the speed of lvling is ok, it is not for most people, especially those who are busy and you know, have the money to buy IM. If you think it's fine now just be happy that it's going to get even better with more variety in the future.

Lvl 55 in 50 hours? Way too slow for most people, they expect to be in the end game by then. And they have 4x that to get there at that point.

Good to know you have a plan Popcorn, one so obvious and yet so good, didn't even cross my mind.

Edited by Precrush, 21 October 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#32 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:24 AM

Apparently there is still issue in myhome I already posted in my topic (I think Popcorn does follow). Players can 4% exp and 10% at the same time but they can't get buff in the same myhome.

#33 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

@Homurasan

Friend points work like this: certain portion of the exp you gain ( I believe it's 3% per friend in the party, or something similar) gets turned in to friend points. You can spend them by talking to Sage Jeremy in pow, and other towns as well. He turns friend points to exp, for a cost that can get quite high on the higher lvls, since the cost depends on the actual number of friend points you have, not the % ( 700g for me at 80 for 25% exp). The friend bar in your friend list can store up to 10 lvls of exp, so just move the decimal one tick and you'll get the amount of exp you'll gain (eg. 1.61% friend exp turns into 16.1% exp)

EDIT rest is in general^^ EDIT 2 not @ Homurasan I mean*

You are saying it is easy to level because there are so many ways to buff that exp up. But here's the thing, we want new players, and they wont know all these tricks. And besides, for the average player, who doesn't want to nolife, doesn't attend these forums and who is still very important for the game to cater to, even with all these buffs, it is still too slow. I also think this isn't what this topic was about, I was mainly concerned for the exp pots, since ppl would get mad if they could no longer get them and lvling would be slower.

Edited by Precrush, 21 October 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#34 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

I said that to show what the difference is between people that know a little about the game and those that are new. By no means am I saying casual players shouldn't deserve it, I just show the 2 sides to explain better. As I said, I have no use for these items as much anymore, but I did say I fully support it for newer players and those who can not spend as much time in game. Apology if it didn't mean it that way. I thought it was clear enough :(

Oh and a little comment on the thing precrush said, most mmorpg games are probably expected to take longer than a few days to reach end game. This was most likely exaggeration, but I digress.

Edited by Agitodesu, 21 October 2015 - 09:05 AM.

#35 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

The friend bar in your friend list can store up to 10 lvls of exp, so just move the decimal one tick and you'll get the amount of exp you'll gain (eg. 1.61% friend exp turns into 16.1% exp)

This piece of info was everything I was looking for. Thank you for answering, although my first comment was barely understandable (as Rainnowx showed :P ).

It's 3% if you have a friend in your party btw ; it can't be more nor less than this. Unless you use a "Friends forever" potion, which I should have mentionned above.

Oh and a little comment on the thing precrush said, most mmorpg games are probably expected to take longer than a few days to reach end game. This was most likely exaggeration, but I digress.

Maximum level (70) on Dragon Nest within three days, without even going at it hardcore ; just following a quiet and simple route. The whole game tends to make you regret leveling up so fast though, or even playing in the first place.

Edited by Homurasan, 21 October 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#36 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

Are you sure, the numbers on the system chat seemed to raise when I added the rest of the party members. Might have been my imagination though, maybe I need to look into it a bit more.

About the expected lenght of mmo's though, It is true they are expected to be longer, but the pacing we have at 60+ is way too slow, even so. And we have a very different looking and feeling mmo than the traditional type, which is our advantage, but also I imagine attracts more "casual" players duo to the arcady gameplay and cutesy looks. Pretty stereotypical thinking but meh.

#37 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

I have a slight urge to say no matter if you have 1-3 friends, the exp won't go up any higher. The only time I see an increase is if the monster in general have more exp.

Edited by Agitodesu, 21 October 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#38 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:28 AM

I have observed that exp weekend bonus nowadays has been lowered than it used to be...am I wrong?

#39 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:33 AM

Totally wrong.

We always had a fluctiation in it.

And it is good we have one. So the surprise is kept.

Remember the last German Unity day?

2.5 Exp (october 3rd)

Just one of a few examples......

Soulsight, it really is about time you stop posting only for the sake of posting......thank you.

#40 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:13 AM

You are annoyed but I do not annoy you intentionally. So please stop saying that! I have a point. People have been discussing about leveling in F7, also exp bonus was involved! What is outside of topic?
I'm really asking, just a question and look http://playdragonsag...ail.aspx?id=482 was German Unity day was a reason to rise the exp bonus? (and again, just a question, no complaining involved)
Thank you.

Edited by SoulSight, 22 October 2015 - 04:17 AM.

#41 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:22 AM

Giggle, so what if I tell you there is the other half of the community that is absolutely hating this constant exp events. Or better gaining exp in masses in general. For those people (for example monster card farmers, capped pvp players, or just people who like to enjoy the game to the fullest without any rushing involved) the constant mega high weekend exp are a pain. Actually they do make some of us not even log in on the exp days - some others leave.

Please do me a favor to look at both sides of the medal.

And for those people this kind of fluctuation in the weekend exp rates is set I believe.

Put this aside, some of us actually enjoy the surpise the weekend exp rates do come with and the fact they fluctuate a bit.

And now calm down, be happy about what you get.

Your point still is invalid, nothing has changed. We always had this kind of exp flucuations since the day I started playing (again) on here. That would mean since for over a year now.

#42 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:31 AM

Yes, thank you for telling me the reasons, I'm simply curious. Yet, I'm not showing ungrateful. Back to 4 years ago, it takes days to level up 1 level from 6x. Now I really appreciate that exp bonus exists.

Edit : And I'm trying to look at the other side of the coin/medal by asking such those questions. I don't think questions really hurt.

Edited by SoulSight, 22 October 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#43 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

Were exp card banks declined or is that still a viable option whether being client sided or not. It would be helpful to those who do farm cards, mission map, or just helping people without needing or wanting to level. I mean if there's a reason why we don't do it so be it. It was just a good alternative pointed for those players.

#44 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Lvl 55 in 50 hours? Way too slow for most people, they expect to be in the end game by then. And they have 4x that to get there at that point.

I think I understand why you are so angry with the ammount of xp earned.

You might not be the only one to have the same point of view, but you should realise that the content of the game isn't made only for end-game players, you can already do many dungeons at level 50 and 60, and if many people were very motivated, you could spend dozen, or even hundred of hours in PvP.

#45 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

I actually like the type of xEXP during unity event. Players can choose to not to gain the effect and also of randomness :)
What do you think? (of course it only runs during weekends and there is no effect)

#46 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:25 AM

The issues exp events cause to cappers are of course there, but that can be fixed in other ways ( and I hope they will) so it is no reason to oppose faster lvling or the exp events. I always try to look at things from all sides.

I'm only thinking about the good of the game, I want to see more people, I want to see changes implemented that make life easier and more enjoyable for those people, and lvling is one of the complaints I hear about from many people. I only have 4 non-important lvls to go in this game, so it being a struggle for me is not why I support the things I've said here.

#47 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

Oh, the exp events are just fine for all the players wanting (needing...in higher levels) to participate in them. I think for a lot of the 6x players they are really a benefit.

Yes, for the capped players (or the ones that just don't like them because they want to play this game "hardcore" exp wise) they are really frustrating.

What about.....if possible at all that is (client change I guess):

Turning channel 4 (it already says "no bonus") into one weekend exp free channel?

There is no channel exp buff already and I think turning the weekend exp off on it, would benefit the cappers and all the ones that do not want the weekend exp, but won't hurt all others playing on the other channels.

And those other channels of course get the "normal" weekend exp events going.

I think so both kinds of players could be made happy..

#48 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

I believe I heard this here somewhere (cant remember who said it), but if it was possible to make weekend xp boosts buffs-like, like the channel xp-buff so everyone could live with it or just drop it if felt that way. We could just relog then to get buff again. I would also support the new channel thingy. On the other hand Im not against removing weekend xp boosts completely, since I find leveling really fast with them. The amount of free stuffs and boosts just feels so fancy to me compared to closed server times.  :p_smile:

#49 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:28 PM

What about.....if possible at all that is (client change I guess):

Turning channel 4 (it already says "no bonus") into one weekend exp free channel?

There is no channel exp buff already and I think turning the weekend exp off on it, would benefit the cappers and all the ones that do not want the weekend exp, but won't hurt all others playing on the other channels.

If i remember correctly, Popcorn said it was an idea but impossible.

Instead the type of xEXP during unity event is really a solution, i feel.

Edited by SoulSight, 22 October 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#50 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

Please quote me right. I said it is impossible without client changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users