Patch Notes: October 26, 2015 (Odin and Freyja Merge Edition) - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes: October 26, 2015 (Odin and Freyja Merge Edition)

94 replies to this topic

#26 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:32 PM

With all that editing effort you could at least make funny jokes instead of just hyping your guild name.

Like, put SNOOP DOG in there yo!

W5Iq9kp.png

BB will recruit you as Creative Director... XD

#27 jueqsfer

jueqsfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

still server not up yet ? it 23:24 now.

#28 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

still server not up yet ? it 23:24 now.

https://twitter.com/PlayRagnarok2

Ragnarok2 @PlayRagnarok2 34m34 minutes ago

We are extending the maintenance to 12:00am PST in order to make sure everything is working properly.

#29 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

There's been a change in how the merged characters work.

If your account has 10+ characters after the merge, you will get a Standby UI.

You can pull down 10 active characters at a time. The remaining characters will stay in Standby until a character slot opens up.

We are discussing possible future solutions to this system, but could not resolve a solution for tonight, so we've decided to open.

If you experience an issue with the merge, please submit a support ticket. You may also feel free to relay that ticket number to me via PM so we're aware ASAP.

#30 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

VIP, midgard grace, norn blessing buff lost after merge for Freyja people.. is it intended or what

#31 jellalft

jellalft

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

The text box cuts off.

What does it say after:

Characters that are not selected from Play Standby Character List will......

#32 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:00 PM

still only 9 + woe Channel?  Shouldn't we get back what we lost before the split of chaos into chaos and Freyja?

#33 LeiDeeGee

LeiDeeGee

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSchwartzvalt Republic
  • Server:Nidhoggur

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Can anything be done about our VIP's, Norn's Blessing and Midgard's Grace dissappearance after merge? I mean I just used my 30 Days VIP the other day.. I hope some compensation or atleast just give me my buff back.. I spent a  couple of good dollars on it.. So its kinda unfair.. I hope somebody will get into this matter sooner..

#34 Xathrid

Xathrid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

Can anything be done about our VIP's, Norn's Blessing and Midgard's Grace dissappearance after merge? I mean I just used my 30 Days VIP the other day.. I hope some compensation or atleast just give me my buff back.. I spent a  couple of good dollars on it.. So its kinda unfair.. I hope somebody will get into this matter sooner..

Yes we need explanation and compensation for this.

#35 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:33 PM

And new pyramid item? Please replace: Honey Jar Big Foot Bag (sep 21 - oct 26?). Ugly item (bear bag) and we want a new awesome item, thanks.

Edited by Samu386, 26 October 2015 - 11:33 PM.

#36 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:35 PM

Yes we need explanation and compensation for this.

Seems to have been unintended, it was discussed momentarily in the VCR chat. You'll probably get an official reply when Njoror gets back to work in the morning.

#37 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:in ur dreams >.<

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

yeah i lost all my char buff i spend money to buy it using KP  :p_sad:

#38 RMix

RMix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:41 AM

Any1 else just lost all the blood points?????

#39 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

They're aware of the issue with buffs and Blood Points and are looking into solutions at the moment. Please just be patient.

#40 RMix

RMix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

They're aware of the issue with buffs and Blood Points and are looking into solutions at the moment. Please just be patient.

Ok, tks =]

#41 9052130512150750720

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

I just wanted to point out that, after I made a mistake in selecting my characters, I couldn't cancel the selection. How does the slot open up? I logged out and back in, as well as spammed the bajeezus out of the "cancel select" button, but nope. Can't even redo it. What must be done to open up a slot there?

#42 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:29 AM

I just wanted to point out that, after I made a mistake in selecting my characters, I couldn't cancel the selection. How does the slot open up? I logged out and back in, as well as spammed the bajeezus out of the "cancel select" button, but nope. Can't even redo it. What must be done to open up a slot there?

You gotta delete a character i believe. but wait for gm/cm response 

#43 9052130512150750720

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

You gotta delete a character i believe. but wait for gm/cm response 

I'd better not have to. I was promised to be able to keep all characters from both servers, and I know I'm not the only one when I say that we'd better get access to them. After all, why say you can keep up to 20 characters if you have 10 on each server at the time of the merge and not be able to keep them in the end?

#44 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:43 PM

I'd better not have to. I was promised to be able to keep all characters from both servers, and I know I'm not the only one when I say that we'd better get access to them. After all, why say you can keep up to 20 characters if you have 10 on each server at the time of the merge and not be able to keep them in the end?

When you say you made a mistake, you mean you chose 10 characters and confirmed you wanted those, but then regretted it?

If that's the case, yes. You can't put one of those 10 in stand-by to replace it with another one in stand-by, you'd have to delete it to free the slot. I believe njoror's post was pretty clear about this.

However, you're right that they promised something, and due to technical issues couldn't deliver and had to use a workaround to at least make sure the characters are still there for players. They are currently thinking what possible solutions are possible to allow players to regain access to those characters, but it won't be a magical immediate solution, so for the time being, we have to be patient.

You don't have to delete any character if you don't want to, but you'll still have to wait until they make the neccessary technical changes on their side.

Edited by faku1810, 27 October 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#45 9052130512150750720

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

When you say you made a mistake, you mean you chose 10 characters and confirmed you wanted those, but then regretted it?

If that's the case, yes. You can't put one of those 10 in stand-by to replace it with another one in stand-by, you'd have to delete it to free the slot. I believe njoror's post was pretty clear about this.

However, you're right that they promised something, and due to technical issues couldn't deliver and had to use a workaround to at least make sure the characters are still there for players. They are currently thinking what possible solutions are possible to allow players to regain access to those characters, but it won't be a magical immediate solution, so for the time being, we have to be patient.

You don't have to delete any character if you don't want to, but you'll still have to wait until they make the neccessary technical changes on their side.

I went back and reread Njoror's post and I don't see anywhere it saying that we'll have to delete a character to regain access to the others. Also, I know a couple of others upset about this, as the box DOES cut off the bottom line, making it unclear as to what happens to the other characters. I'm fine with being a little patient about this, but I do have some things I want to do/get at on the other characters, and I know several people who are the same way. Here's hoping a better solution comes around soon, because I don't want to delete those characters, when I was told that we'd be keeping them in the first place.

Also, yes, I made a mistake, and now one of my master levels is inaccessible right now. I didn't notice until later, and yes, I regret missing her.

Edited by 9052130512150750720, 27 October 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#46 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

I went back and reread Njoror's post and I don't see anywhere it saying that we'll have to delete a character to regain access to the others. Also, I know a couple of others upset about this, as the box DOES cut off the bottom line, making it unclear as to what happens to the other characters. I'm fine with being a little patient about this, but I do have some things I want to do/get at on the other characters, and I know several people who are the same way. Here's hoping a better solution comes around soon, because I don't want to delete those characters, when I was told that we'd be keeping them in the first place.

True, it mentions it requires a slot to "open up", but doesn't mention it means deleting a character to do so, my apologies. I clearly didn't remember the post as well as I thought I did.

Regarding what happens to the characters in stand-by, you can rest assured that they won't be deleted or anything. They'll just stay there forever until there's an available slot for them to become active chars, It's possible the text was too long for the UI so it got cut off.

Of course we all understand the frustration of not only not being able to play with those characters, but also not being able to access the storage of each of them. I've talked with Njoror about it and he was quite concerned with this as well, so they'll eventually find a proper solution.

#47 9052130512150750720

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

True, it mentions it requires a slot to "open up", but doesn't mention it means deleting a character to do so, my apologies. I clearly didn't remember the post as well as I thought I did.

Regarding what happens to the characters in stand-by, you can rest assured that they won't be deleted or anything. They'll just stay there forever until there's an available slot for them to become active chars, It's possible the text was too long for the UI so it got cut off.

Of course we all understand the frustration of not only not being able to play with those characters, but also not being able to access the storage of each of them. I've talked with Njoror about it and he was quite concerned with this as well, so they'll eventually find a proper solution.

Well, thank you at any rate. Like I said with my first post, I was just stating that if they could find a way to allow us to swap standby characters with the ones in storage, it'd be great. I'm fine with waiting a bit for it, too, as I understand things do take time. My main upset was being told to delete things when I shouldn't have had to, and I understand not remembering things clearly, so it's cool. 

Here's hoping an option to even swap standby characters opens up. It'd be best to have access to all of them at once, but if that's not realistically possible, an option to swap a standby for one in storage would be nice.

Thanks for passing it on!

#48 jueqsfer

jueqsfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

a

Edited by jueqsfer, 27 October 2015 - 05:12 PM.

#49 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

A simple solution if nothing else is possible : how about allow players who have characters in standby to have a new account created for them so they can access the chars from the other newly created account ?

The best solution would be to have all 20 characters in the selection screen available like it was said to be, the lesser good solution is like some suggested allow to swap active characters and in standby from the standby menu without having to delete having character, and the even lesser good solution but with which I'm personally totally fine with if all the aforementioned solutions aren't possible for some mysterious reason, is the one I wrote in the first line of this post.

WP/Gravity: make it happen!

#50 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:27 AM

I hate trowing gas on flames but what about players that have "only" ten caracters to play on the same account? I mean they can do 10 times dayly quest events, 10x15 dubloons for example, 10 colo 10 rankings out of 12 if you think they are divided by class and many other things that i don't remember. Now immagine if all 20 caracter are available at the same time, all the above numbers would be doubled. One caracter can potentially obtain all the rankings, and this since rewards go in the account storage is a clear advantage against players that have 20 caracters splitted in 2 accounts with 2 separated temp storage.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users