Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 10/27 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 10/27

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

Ask your questions for this week's show! We'll be broadcasting live at twitch.tv/warpportal Tuesday at 3pm. 

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

hey Oda,

is there no chance that the new halloween quest will be ready by maint? i know the person developing it has been out :(

She's been out for a while now, I don't think we'll be able to get a new quest for Halloween in this year. 

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

* Wing headphone top only - will it happen?

* Wing headphone 30% reverb broken - are you still reminding kRO?

* Can thor have a separate tiki/maint thread from now on? Their needs are very different.

It's not easy to change an equip that is already live, there has to be a very persuasive reason. We have reported the reverb up to kRO.

No plans for a separate Thor thread. 

Edited by Oda, 27 October 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#4 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

Question on granny boxter. Any reason why Marduk scrolls are still on her list alongside banshee scrolls when the current box is Devi and banshee scrolls? Would really appreciate it if Devi scrolls were swapped in since Marduk scrolls haven't been in a box for ages.

TIA

I'll ask Camp if we can do that this week. 

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

ETA on resuming development on the Bounty Boards?

#6 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

Have you guys got any data about nightmare toy factory instance? According to the schedule you guys posted at the beginning of this year, we're supposed to get this update within 2 months now.

Edit; Can we request Infinite Space instance to kro? It's been 1 year since it was implemented there and doesn't seem tied to a specific episode, it's basically a lower tier endless tower https://forums.warpp...eoct-29th-2014/ We need more instances!

I agree about the more instances. I'll ask for an update about Nightmare Toy Factory.

Edited by Oda, 27 October 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#7 JapzPogi

JapzPogi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

1. [THOR] We have reported to your Customer Support about the Demonic Fire + Fire Expansion Bug. It should be bypassing Def Aura and they confirmed it is a bug. How long will it take before it is fixed. It is hard to take down a party with Def aura and a Sacrifice partied members. 

When we have been able to replicate an issue we have to create a detailed report to send to kRO. The time needed to fix if it is verified to be a bug can vary. 

2.[THOR] I saw GX using berserk skill which is a Lord knight carded mid equips in WOE yesterday. It is suspiciously came from PRO migration. How long will you scan all players having MVP cards that came from PRO migration.

See answer to #4

3. [THOR] There are still some DC characters. When will it be fixed?

We fixed a large batch yesterday. It's not an easy or quick operation to do. When people write in we will fix them. If people have had tickets closed or have otherwise fallen through the cracks PM the ticket numbers so VM Cinnamon can add them to the list. 

4.[THOR] Are you still planning to reduce +15 equips and above to +12. Are there any software coming from KRO to make this happen? Are we expecting to make it happen to reduce all equips to +12?. It is pretty obvious that its not easy to have +13 +14 +15 equips.

We will do that when we have the time to do an operation to do a mass reduction to items above +15. We currently do not have that time.

5. Autumn Hairband is too OP and I have seen from the past threads that it will be nerfed. When will it be?

When we have time available. 

Edited by Oda, 27 October 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:16 PM

2.[THOR] I saw GX using berserk skill which is a Lord knight carded mid equips in WOE yesterday. It is suspiciously came from PRO migration. How long will you scan all players having MVP cards that came from PRO migration.
4.[THOR] Are you still planning to reduce +15 equips and above to +12. Are there any software coming from KRO to make this happen? Are we expecting to make it happen to reduce all equips to +12?. It is pretty obvious that its not easy to have +13 +14 +15 equips.

2. you need to ticket in with screenshot/provide a name. GMs can't/won't check every single mvp card on thor for legitimacy
4. oda has said previously that items will remain at +15

#9 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:06 PM

Question 1:
Can we get a sticky thread in RO1 Community Chat that clearly and definitively states with no room for questions what is and is not allowed by iRO1 rules and WP policy? For all the drama and bending surrounding the "rules" in iRO and the surprise news that graymaps and minimaps are legal, we still don't have a singular to-the-point rulebook to refer to for information. Besides the WP Terms of Service document, we only have random scattered posts (some of which are now hidden) and PM snippets to try and guess what is and is not allowed.

Yes

Question 2:
Will the Rebellion update actually get thoroughly tested and bugfixed on Sakray once you guys get the data? Or are we in store for another round of buggy updates like with the 14.2 and 14.3 updates?

I want to have a good amount of time for Rebellion to be tested before going live. 

#10 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

Good Morning Sir Oda, I have shared something with VModCinnamon but it seems you have not noticed it and i believe this will be very useful.

This is regarding the DC chars and storages on Thor that you have fixed today. Well, this is my theory that i think have been proven today..

1. After the big FIX, items new to iRO are added to the DB causing some DC chars and storage to be fixed ( assuming lack of the items data caused the error for some chars)

2. After the big FIX, previously OK characters and storages DC'ed. The cause is the big FIX overwritted the item database ( the new database applied after migration with kRO DEV team) removing the data of some items thus causing new DC chars and storages. An example to this is Darkbook which existed in the database after the migration but after the big fix, it was removed from the databes.... (Oda may know something about this, i just cant get his attention)

Today, having my character being fixed, some of my previously working item was lost. It was DarkBook. I believe you have deleted it/it has been deleted because it was causing error. DarkBook was an existing item and was in your database BEFORE the BIG FIX e but after the big fix, your DB (database) changed and it did not exist anymore thats why by the time you entertained the darkbook bug ticket , you have not found it in your database already.. some items were added, some were deleted causing errors and creating a new set of DC characters/storages while fixing the old one... 

With this information, i believe that what pRO has sent you is not corrupted/would have not been corrupted if your DB(database) was complete.. item DB to be precise... Well my point is, maybe at some point in time, when your DB is updated or more or less complete, you could restore the unrestored fallen characters since problem is now identified.  

Also right now, i think i will be filing a ticket and if you can answer, if you can restore some of my items lost +9 Cranial Darkbook which you have deleted since i have already been using it in Thor but you messed with it ( no offense, just cant find the right word )

To be clear, i have been using the items i have lost today since Thor started until the BIG FIX which messed up your item database though a blessing for others. Darkbook is just one item that was lost in your database before the big fix, there are many more.... 

Please entertain this post on your tiki tuesday today as i will be watching it 

We cannot restore the items that have been removed even if they are added to our server at a later date. 

#11 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:25 AM

Lol you want your cranial dark book back? I don't think so

#12 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:07 AM

Lol you want your cranial dark book back? I don't think so

Im not talking for Dark Book only,,,, It did exist at some point and was removed unintentionally causing errors.. Again, not for Dark Book only but there are some other items, The point is that the one causing errors especially for the fallen chars are items that are in pRO DB but not in iRO DB (because pRO is more updated in terms of items c/o kRO dev team)... There might be hope of restoring now the fallen chars

#13 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Im not talking for Dark Book only,,,, It did exist at some point and was removed unintentionally causing errors.. Again, not for Dark Book only but there are some other items, The point is that the one causing errors especially for the fallen chars are items that are in pRO DB but not in iRO DB (because pRO is more updated in terms of items c/o kRO dev team)... There might be hope of restoring now the fallen chars

I like the way how you pursue our restoration but can we not just bury this issue?

I lost literally a lot (4 kafras of items accross 4 accounts not misc/supplies but mid to high end gears) . I already mourned and hopeed for them to no better result. I have my own speculations but we cannot impose corrections on data that was saved by iRO .

True , we will gain more players if those items are to be restored but we will lose more balance than what we have now.

If you are willing to chase LU and hand it over to iRO in their office , go right ahead but I say "What's done is done"

#14 StandByMe

StandByMe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

Question on granny boxter. Any reason why Marduk scrolls are still on her list alongside banshee scrolls when the current box is Devi and banshee scrolls? Would really appreciate it if Devi scrolls were swapped in since Marduk scrolls haven't been in a box for ages.

TIA

add; How about all the costume from the box? can't be exchange it?

#15 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hiya Oda

Any Chance of restoring or re-modifying some pRO items for the next month's box or quest?

#16 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

Good Morning Sir Oda, I have shared something with VModCinnamon but it seems you have not noticed it and i believe this will be very useful.

This is regarding the DC chars and storages on Thor that you have fixed today. Well, this is my theory that i think have been proven today..

Today, having my character being fixed, some of my previously working item was lost. It was DarkBook. I believe you have deleted it/it has been deleted because it was causing error. DarkBook was an existing item and was in your database BEFORE the BIG FIX e but after the big fix, your DB (database) changed and it did not exist anymore thats why by the time you entertained the darkbook bug ticket , you have not found it in your database already.. some items were added, some were deleted causing errors and creating a new set of DC characters/storages while fixing the old one... 

With this information, i believe that what pRO has sent you is not corrupted/would have not been corrupted if your DB(database) was complete.. item DB to be precise... Well my point is, maybe at some point in time, when your DB is updated or more or less complete, you could restore the unrestored fallen characters since problem is now identified.  

Also right now, i think i will be filing a ticket and if you can answer, if you can restore some of my items lost +9 Cranial Darkbook which you have deleted since i have already been using it in Thor but you messed with it ( no offense, just cant find the right word )

To be clear, i have been using the items i have lost today since Thor started until the BIG FIX which messed up your item database though a blessing for others. Darkbook is just one item that was lost in your database before the big fix, there are many more.... 

Please entertain this post on your tiki tuesday today as i will be watching it 

We cannot restore the items that have been removed even if they are added to our server at a later date. 

You have absolute, 100 percent proof, that the data that pRO sent to iRO is not corrupted? Please substantially share what you have with Oda and Campitor; otherwise using desperation isn't going to help at all. I hope they do not waste another couple of months re-trying the characters that could not be restored. iRO doesn't get treated well by kRO (which means iRO does NOT have the same mirroring database of items that the now defunct pRO database once had); that was the one thing pRO really had going for it until its demise end. In time you will get used to kRO not caring about Thor server. What is your fixation on this Dark Book? You seem heavily preoccupied in the mind about that object.

Edited by Lifiatansh, 27 October 2015 - 03:19 PM.

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

You have absolute, 100 percent proof, that the data that pRO sent to iRO is not corrupted? Please substantially share what you have with Oda and Campitor; otherwise using desperation isn't going to help at all.

I suspect if they hacked iRO and had top secret documentation that would blow the lid off of warp portal or and agent on the inside, which is the type of stuff they'd need for 100% proof, that the resolution would look a lot more like meeting Oda in the parking lot after work and less like whining on the forum.

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

*imagining Oda as Deep Throat* Complete with a Fedora

#19 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

You have absolute, 100 percent proof, that the data that pRO sent to iRO is not corrupted? Please substantially share what you have with Oda and Campitor; otherwise using desperation isn't going to help at all. I hope they do not waste another couple of months re-trying the characters that could not be restored. iRO doesn't get treated well by kRO (which means iRO does NOT have the same mirroring database of items that the now defunct pRO database once had); that was the one thing pRO really had going for it until its demise end. In time you will get used to kRO not caring about Thor server. What is your fixation on this Dark Book? You seem heavily preoccupied in the mind about that object.

Indeed. Whatever the case is , what's done is done.

I'd rather have the CM and GM team work on more important issues than this . We had our cut of their time and that should be good enough .

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

*imagining Oda as Deep Throat* Complete with a Fedora

While I was typiong my post I was also like, coming up with a fan fiction noir film in my head starring Oda and some pRO player out to get revenge

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

It's not easy to change an equip that is already live, there has to be a very persuasive reason.

There is a persuasive reason

metallic/reverb wandy/maestro sucks REALLY REALLY BAD

I challenge you to build one and play it during tiki tuesday 8D and see how bad the SP cost is without an archangeling card to keep you from being impossible to level. And expecting every noob to be able to waste an AA card on a headgear only for performers instead of recycling their AA glasses...

Edited by Jaye, 27 October 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#22 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:45 PM

TIS ^

WATCH OUT

#23 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

Im just using DarkBook as an example, but there are a lot of other items with the same case where they were in the database from iRO then removed from DB after using kRO fix that overwritted their database which caused the new set of errors, What is clear is what caused the corrupted data is the non-existent of items from pRO in iRO. With this, in time when iRO fills their database, unrestored characters can be restored. And if you're askign for proof, re-read my first post, they have confirmed with it as well that the item i had that was working was deleted during the big fix cause their database was removed causing new errors.

I was using some of those items for 2 months in Thor and then after the BIG FIX, i got an DC error, then after the last fix just this october, they said " Sorry man, after the big fix, we messed up our DB causing new errors and we have to delete your items that was unintentionally removed from DB"  ( instead of restoring/fixing the DB itself)

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 30 October 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#24 excaliburD

excaliburD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

Dear Oda,

In iro, warlock cannot move after using chian light. Can u help all the warlockers to put that into bug list and get it fixed.

https://forums.warpp...cker-skill-bug/

Please keep us posted about that bug.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users