at what refine is bxb better than elven? - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

at what refine is bxb better than elven?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:03 AM

Wiki page for ranger just says "at high refine" which is vague. Elven is +50% with right arrow and a slot, assume a 10% as card. So 60% boost.

Bxb is +5% per refine so unless I'm missing something you need +8 to match elven dmg and ideally +10 so with the x as you get a 10% greater boost.. But +10 is a pretty big ask! Am I missing something? A +0 bxb is so expensive I figure I must be.

#2 Yugiohfan

Yugiohfan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:43 AM

Big Crossbow [2]

For each refine level:

• Increase damage of [Arrow Storm] by 5%.
  • Increase SP cost of [Arrow Storm] by 5.

also enchantable

http://irowiki.org/w...Biolab_Enchants

Edited by Yugiohfan, 27 October 2015 - 03:47 AM.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:50 AM

Big Crossbow [2]

For each refine level:

• Increase damage of [Arrow Storm] by 5%.
  • Increase SP cost of [Arrow Storm] by 5.

also enchantable

http://irowiki.org/w...Biolab_Enchants

What did this contributed??? LOL

#4 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:51 AM

Yeah, I get that. But a +0 with no enchants is 90mil. An elven has same base atk but is more like 12m. I know bxb has extra slot, but elven is +50% to ALL ranged dmg with right arrow which is better than any card I can think of.

Bxb has to be at least +8 if not +10 before it can say "hey, I'm better than an elven now!" And yet so expensive before you get anywhere near that..

I'm certain I'm missing something obvious but atm it doesn't seem like its 80mil better than an elven xD

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:14 AM

If i remember correctly when i had a +7 uncarded bxb it used to do the same damage as a +9 kingbird elven.
It also depends on how much ranged% you are already stacking, he more you alteady have the less impressive new ranged% will seems to be

Edited by Ashuckel, 27 October 2015 - 04:14 AM.

#6 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:39 AM

See that sounds awesome thanks Ash! I just don't quite understand how xD

But basically my current situation is I'm lvl 124 ranger with full white wing set, a +0 rwh, binoculas, pirate dagger, +7 elven with hydra card and sound amp with phen card. None of my white wing pieces are pariculary impressive, +4 except for wws which is +5 and most pieces have no enchants but some do.

Have about 90m on acct and another 40mil of stuff vending with more items each day :)

I've been trying to decide which gear to replace first. Could replace +0 rwh with +9 vanagurd or whatevs it is. Could try to replace a ww piece with enchanted /over upgraded piece. Or get a better bow, which is why my bxb questions :-o

Any advice?

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:43 AM

I'd get an AS carded elven and better white wing suits at first. Maybe some sp enchanted boots/brooch can help when leveling

#8 Maximusss

Maximusss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:37 AM

I think the idea is first of all it has a second Slot, and can be enchanted (elven can't be) and is a Level 4 weapon instead of elven, which is a lvl 3 weapon. Each upgrade adds more attack. You can also use Oridecon arrows if you got the funds for it, which add 5 more attack. Which is why the more upgrades it has and the more you spend on BxB, it rather spirals exponentially better. 

#9 Sephnroth

Sephnroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

I didnt clock that BXB was a lvl 4 versus lvl 3 for elven - that might make the difference! because even with the extra slot if we're assuming AS cards it requires a LARGE amount of over upgrading to beat the elven on paper. But the bonuses for lvl 4 upgrades may be the clincher :o

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Mathematically better around +7-8, but really, its always better due to elemental arrow flexibility.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

What makes it match and wins elven is the type of bonus it offers, wich is AS bonus%, while elven gives ranged%. Both these types are aplied in the end of the damage calculation, so in conjunction with the rest of your gears you have to find wich comboes the best result.

Assuming you use nothing else than what was mentioned. +7 bxb with 2xAS does slighlty less damage than elven with 1 AS. Thats because you have almost none ranged% mods. And at +8 the bxb would surpass it.
Tho, if your suits were +9, both the +7bxb 2xAS and elven AS, would have almost the same damage, becuase you have a bit more ranged% now.*

*note: these calculations were made taking in account only the % bonuses from the gears, atk and refine is not involved.

Its basically like, you have 43% ranged and 50% AS damage from white wing set with the suits +5. Your damage on AS is +/- (100*1.43*1.5)% of the original.
Then depending on what you add it will result in diferent numbers.
Adding elven[as] gives 60% ranged, so:
(100*2.03*1.5)%
Adding a +7 BxB[2AS]:
(100*1.63*1.85)%

Do you get +/- how it works now?

Ofc course these arent absolute numbers and some cards and other gears can change the results. These are just the basic when it comes to seeing what is more effective
Hope it helps

#12 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:50 AM

that and ea1-2 bxb have gotten much cheaper due to the recent insane spike in drops (from that TI mainly). Adding an EA onto it is icing on the cake

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

Without a wall of text/math it should be apparent bxb is better due to second card slot, higher wep lvl, and enchantment, without considering how range and skill multipliers stack more favorable than straight range mods.

Edited by Jaye, 28 October 2015 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users