October 28th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 28th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#26 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

we have added the halloween trick or treat quest 

Where is the NPC to start this quest, and is there a guide for it? 

Thank you.

#27 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

a report on the hibrams would be nice 

#28 Leeigh

Leeigh

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

They just pulled the info from the database during maintenance. Now they are going to need some more time to actually investigate the cards/items.

#29 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

laugh if im an idiot, but, what is a hibram?

EDIT: aight, a bit of google told me its a fallen bishop card..... i know, i know... but, to be fair, that wasn't out yet when i quit playing all those years ago :)

Edited by lxst, 28 October 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#30 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:54 PM

this

MATK + 10%, Maximum SP - 50%
Increases damage inflicted on Demihuman and Angel monster by 50%.

#31 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

Where's that woe report?

#32 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Ticket# 

Report#2

Account: 
Character:
Job: Assassin Cross

You can see in the video provided by in the ticket, the assassin cross  was seen possibly autopotting the reflect damage of. You can see the event at 16:49 of the provided video.

i hope when you guys look at footage you consider the gear the character has been wearing and for how many woes they wear similar gear when it comes to cases of reflecting because anyone with a brain is going to pot vs someone known to just reflect and nothing else

#33 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

usually when facing a character with reflect you pre-pot the dmg before hitting. Still hard to tell

#34 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

Eh I just read the woe report and I noticed that it made no reference to the illegal mini barricades in the grf report.

#35 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

update patcher with edits that are allowed and have some ingame announcement every few hours to remind players to read those new rules on the patcher to avoid i didnt know it wasnt legit coming up every other week

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

uh modifications to the npcs/monster sprites were explicitly forbidden, if this is how it's gonna be this -_- should all be illegal. It can't just change every time someone questions -_-.

Also pre-potting tends to involve potting before damage, not on the very millisecond of impact. Of course the evidence can't be put to public opinion, so all you get is aggro from people who assume who sent the report and assume they know what the content is and then criticize the report without seeing it.

It's not good. A better system needs to be considered when detailing that kind of stuff. Or people need to stfu (am I allowed to say that?) entirely when it comes to criticizing the reports. Many of them are made not based on one or two pieces of evidence, but repeated experiences. The people sending the reports (not just myself) are not as stupid as people make them out to be, or petty, or even concerned with what guild the players are in. Most are concerned about the impact visible cheats have on the server.

note: visible

Frankly I don't care if certain guilds ap/ndl/mphack blabla. For the most part it just involves an adjustment of gameplay to deal with (acknowledgement) - AP should be legal if not enforced for an equal playing field for newer players but people who use AP/are in guilds heavily using AP object to losing their advantage. Making the server at least seem fair would help in its growth. i assume server growth is what people want and new players do notice AP / ask for them since they are form other servers. it HAS to stop.

Edited by Xellie, 30 October 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#37 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

All it takes for a crit sin is to click, hold and scroll with the mouse wheel to pot. Faster than any ap!

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

All it takes for a crit sin is to click, hold and scroll with the mouse wheel to pot. Faster than any ap!

Does that change reaction time? Send me that mouse

Also Zleep it was that chars debut WoE. It disappoint s me you would lie or just say something so misinformed. You of all people know ap is impossible to catch. So instead of giving ppl an out leading to more weird bans why not just start pointing out the impossible ness already.

If the grf thing is gonna change every week I shall not be returning. Just play equally please ppl.

I'm also so done with staff attitudes and the way the community is managed. If the same group of players are going to be allowed to attack others over literally everything, then Oda is just allowing the servers visible face to kill the potential incoming population. Not all the reports are mine.... Some have been and being attacked for it here is sad for all people who report in confidence. It shouldn't be allowed.

Edited by Xellie, 31 October 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#39 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

Where is the management side of this WoE report? You're falling behind.....

#40 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

think they only do it if someone gets banned 

btw may we have a ping for the new host? quite a few people are interested in playing again if the ping is much more reasonable

Edited by needmorezleep, 02 November 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#41 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:35 AM

btw may we have a ping for the new host? quite a few people are interested in playing again if the ping is much more reasonable

Lol. Ping isn't the reason =3

#42 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

Will it still be in Los Angeles?

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

Lol. Ping isn't the reason =3

Maybe you should elaborate so that the staff can fix it. :p_idea:

#44 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

Even if the result of the investigation is that no administrative action is taken, that doesn't mean a report shouldn't be compiled explaining what was seen, and the reasoning behind the decision to take no action. It's good for us to know what is going on behind the scenes and see that reporting does elicit activity and investigation. At least, in my opinion.

Edited by dzmL, 02 November 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#45 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

Maybe you should elaborate so that the staff can fix it. :p_idea:

That won't be necessary. The issue resolved itself it seems.

#46 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

We are moving locations but it will still be within downtown Los Angeles. Where are they playing from? 

#47 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

Is there any chance you can convince the IT team to look into setting up some kind of a tunneling service similar to the ones that a lot of players use (battleping, lowerping, wtfast etc). Providing this to your players either for free or as another perk of VIP would be a very cool thing to do as there's quite a few who are paying money to these companies just to play RO smoother.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

Any plans to make slotted elemental armors more available? (perhaps via BG)

maybe something for consuming extra god item parts / creating new goals; such as using asprika sets on made asprikas to create an enchanced asprika that works on both physical and magical damage? It would make sense since brynhilds work on both physical and magical damage... then Asprika should be it's counterpart?

Edited by Xellie, 02 November 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#49 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

Is there any chance you can convince the IT team to look into setting up some kind of a tunneling service similar to the ones that a lot of players use (battleping, lowerping, wtfast etc). Providing this to your players either for free or as another perk of VIP would be a very cool thing to do as there's quite a few who are paying money to these companies just to play RO smoother.

I don't think they can do it for free. There's initial and upkeep cost for maintaining those tunneling servers. And if they bundle with VIP, the cost will be higher which is not a good thing for players who don't need that extra service anyway.

Even if they do. They do not have enough resource to make it as good as wtfast, lowerping, etc. It's not their specialty. Current tunneling services like wtfast and lowerping probably will be preferred as they have more entry nodes and better network for their customers to choose. In short they cannot compete or replace them.

Just my two cents.

#50 leguho

leguho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

Any plans to make slotted elemental armors more available? (perhaps via BG)

maybe something for consuming extra god item parts / creating new goals; such as using asprika sets on made asprikas to create an enchanced asprika that works on both physical and magical damage? It would make sense since brynhilds work on both physical and magical damage... then Asprika should be it's counterpart?

That would be too OP. You would become "Xellie the Invincible". I can still remember how you protest against putting the "CD in the Mouth" in the box for Classic and you even made a video about how OP it is and how it will affect game balance. Although only few classes/build would benefit from CD in the mouth and mostly its on the pvm side. And now your asking for enhance asprika.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users