Creative Contraptions Lounge - let's chill! - Page 5 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Creative Contraptions Lounge - let's chill!

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#101 SpecialTurtle

SpecialTurtle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Locationu dont gotta know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:y u wanna know (Chaos)

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:45 PM

LOL. I always forget to post here.

Nickname/alias: SpecialTurtle

Ign: CowTurtlez/Killer Healer~ (I go on the latter more)

Server: Chaos/Renewal

Programs you use: Paint Tool SAI/MSPaint if I'm bored

Tools of Trade (digital and traditional materials): Wacom Intuos Pro 3

What got you into drawing?: My 6th grade music teacher gave this kid candy for drawing her Spongebob (he loved Spongebob). SO I was like, WHAT. I want candy!! And so I went home, and watched spongebob and started eyeballing it. I ended up drawing 8 pages worth of Spongebob and his friends haha. And yes, I got lots of candy ;D

But also, my 2 older sisters drew sailor moon and so I wanted to draw like that too. So I looked up pics online and eyeballed them as practiced. until I eventually learn my own style.

Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Anything right now. I don't really have a favorite because I'm new to drawing RO stuff.

Favorite class in Ragnarok: Maybe AB because that's my favorite class in general.

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Top 3 favorite artists: I only have 1 that I really look up to. Her name is Shilin on dA. She is absolutely brilliant.

Preferred artstyle: Realistic/cartoon. A mix of both.

Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: Any except heavy metal or rap.

Your commission thread: It's dead. I'm pretty busy working so I don't plan on reviving it for a while.

Your folio: I kinda have two.

http://specialturtle.deviantart.com/ <- this is my oldest one. Lots of random stuff. I haven't updated it since forever.

http://cowturtlez.deviantart.com/ <- my kinda new one, but I don't draw often as you can tell LOL.

Edited by SpecialTurtle, 25 January 2016 - 11:47 PM.

#102 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

^holla. updated the bios on the front page. :D thanks for answering guys. X3 its nice to know more of the people here
----

i am stuck in the rut atm but am trying to finish kami's. >< someone commented on it at work while i was fixing the heavy stuff (that my laptop at home cant handle) and i'm like screw this. i think i messed the lighting etc.(because that intern commented on how the colors should be this and that) x.x and i felt a slump right there. dont get me wrong. i like feedback but when im 70%-80% done i feel bad. real bad! will still deliver though but i feel bad about my work already. ><

help? any insights whenever this happens to you guys?

Edited by kokeshicat, 29 January 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#103 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

If I were in your shoes, I'd just get on with my art as it is (as long as the oversight is still tolerable for some artists or negligible in the eyes of non-artists) and just keep in mind the blunders I committed so that I know what to do in the next project.

#104 SpecialTurtle

SpecialTurtle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

I've had that before kokeshi, don't feel bad. As rock had said, use that feedback on your next piece. Fix whatever you can right now, even of its only 10% of it.
I used to go to an avatar forum they had a forum that was full of artists. They had a separate subforum for wips and another for finished work. Alot of people will post their finished work and ask for C&C. Comments and critiques. And most will ask for CC, or constructive criticism. On their completed works might I stress haha.
Don't worry about it. Everyone has their weaknesses and we learn. Just do the best you can right now. Don't toss it like I did a few times x.x

The only thing I don't like is when someone critiques your art, when you don't even ask for it. And when I say critique, I don't mean constructively.
"The head is off and makes the body look weird."
"How so?"
"I dunno. It just lools weird. And the placement of the hands too."
"Well, can you redine for me? I cant fix what I don't understand."
"It just looks off, okay. Geez don't take it so offensively. u.u"

The above is a conversation between my friend and I when I showed him my loading screen entry for Christmas.
I felt really good about my entry too...

#105 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

The only thing I don't like is when someone critiques your art, when you don't even ask for it. 

thats exactly what happened on my side though her comment was helpful. i'll do my best to finish this instead ;u; though i did try her comment but there would be big changes if i pushed it. thank you guys for the insights! it helps a lot. ;A; i'll do better next time.im just taking it slow because im doing shading practices in trad. still got a lot of things to learn >< 

Edited by kokeshicat, 31 January 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#106 SpecialTurtle

SpecialTurtle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

thats exactly what happened on my side though her comment was helpful. i'll do my best to finish this instead ;u; though i did try her comment but there would be big changes if i pushed it. thank you guys for the insights! it helps a lot. ;A; i'll do better next time.im just taking it slow because im doing shading practices in trad. still got a lot of things to learn >< 

Oh man, same here. I'm like..terribad when it comes to coloring LOL. If I try, then my lineart is super nice and smooth, but then color comes into play and makes my artwork from a 9/10 to a 5/10. XD

Good luck!!! I wanna see it when you finish. *-*

#107 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:44 AM

^sameeeeeee. idk sometimes its a hit or miss.

actually i really don't use anime style of coloring in my works ;_; its not really just for me. i'm planning to shift with how my commission pieces look like here this year. or idk ;---; more practice /sob

#108 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

I guess I can say hi :3

Nickname/alias: Xellie

Ign: Xellie

Server: Xelli... uh classic.

Programs you use: sai, gimp, opencanvas

Tools of Trade (digital and traditional materials): pencil, colour pencil, copics, wacom intuos

What got you into drawing?: It's just something I always did!

Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: silly situations

Favorite class in Ragnarok: SinX

Strengths: My favourite thing to do is lighting effects and flares and things weee

Weaknesses: hands and feet. It's amazing how many random trees and rocks slip into pictures. I'm trying to fix that tho

Top 3 favorite artists!: That is really tricky... I kind of like to look at everything.

Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: Depends on the subject. Movie soundtracks are a favourite. Nightcore/vocaloid for certain things~

Your commission thread: here

Your folio: I don't has. I've never been confident enough to make one :x

I actually stopped drawing for like... wow... years. Too long. I used to do a lot of fine art/still life stuff but that all got put on hold for 10 years or so, then one day I'm like hey I wanna learn to draw again, so here I am trying to improve and develop my own style with digital art now. I always really appreciate feedback or pointers.

update: I actually feel like sharing this. The reason I stopped drawing was because of a medical condition that causes extreme fatigue/weakness and shaking. It was super upsetting and frustrating not being able to draw anymore, so I gave up. Some days I still can't hold a pen (but sai's line art tool is a godsend for my tremors) - and I've changed to a much lighter, sketchy style that I can work with when my body is weak. I should never have given up and having to relearn everything, practice, practice over and over is both frustrating and enjoyable. Seeing progress is rewarding.

Edited by Xellie, 22 July 2016 - 07:21 AM.

#109 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

Hi.

tDhmoM7.jpg

#110 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hi hi!

Nickname/alias: Mika Kuchiki
Ign: Mika-Kuchiki
Server: chaos
Programs you use: adobe illustrator and photoshop
Tools of Trade (digital and traditional materials): mouse
What got you into drawing?: i draw since i was kid
Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Characters (?)
Favorite class in Ragnarok:ranger
Strengths: (bg, character, fx, GUI, crafts, sprite art, etc.) Hrmmm.....sketch?
Weaknesses: (bg, character, fx, GUI, crafts, sprite art, etc.) BG and animal...
Top 3 favorite artists! (who probably influenced you or inspire you): so many XD
Preferred artstyle: (stylized, western, chibi, realistic, cartoony, eastern, etc.) anime style (?)
Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: any music that i love that time.
Your commission thread: https://forums.warpp...dpost&p=2336168
Your folio: (DA, Tumblr, Pixiv, etc) mika-kuchiki.deviantart.com

#111 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hi.

tDhmoM7.jpg

woaaaaaaah that's Predator right? :o  :bow: so cool! 

@Xellie and MikaKuchiki - added the link to your bios in the 1st page <3  :thumb:

@Xellie- im glad you decided to draw again :D just continue with your still life drawings as practice ;) it helps a lot :D 

#112 miaowlee

miaowlee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Locationstarbucks
  • Server:chaos <3

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:13 PM

Hi.

tDhmoM7.jpg'

whoaa predator!!! O:

Edited by miaowlee, 02 February 2016 - 07:14 PM.

#113 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

woaaaaaaah that's Predator right? :o  :bow: so cool!

whoaa predator!!! O:

This is my second ever Predator doodle; just trying to get the hang of using Manga Studio in place of Photoshop. I love the design of the Predators, but haven't drawn them enough to get a good enough grasp of their facial features.

#114 miaowlee

miaowlee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Locationstarbucks
  • Server:chaos <3

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

This is my second ever Predator doodle; just trying to get the hang of using Manga Studio in place of Photoshop. I love the design of the Predators, but haven't drawn them enough to get a good enough grasp of their facial features.

i like how the predator looks like, and i was wondering, if my char face is predator face with the normal hair, might looks funny  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#115 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

i like how the predator looks like, and i was wondering, if my char face is predator face with the normal hair, might looks funny  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

It would be a most glorious Predator.

#116 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

kinda like rasta/reggae-kind of predator you mean? xD

btw has anyone tried livestreaming their art here? i was wondering if you guys could suggest sites aside from the ones Artgerm use lol. also is livestreaming heavy to pcs/laptop? my laptop is really old lmao. i'd really wanna make basic vectoring tutorial- for the community and for my friends outside iRO as well. :) 

Edited by kokeshicat, 02 February 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#117 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

btw has anyone tried livestreaming their art here? i was wondering if you guys could suggest sites aside from the ones Artgerm use lol. also is livestreaming heavy to pcs/laptop? my laptop is really old lmao. i'd really wanna make basic vectoring tutorial- for the community and for my friends outside iRO as well. :) 

Fier and Barachan are the only iRO artists I'm aware of that does livestreams. Since Barachan has poofed again, you can try asking Fier for details.

Livestreaming will be straining on your computer as it's no different than livestreaming RO or any other game or program. You need a strong Internet connection and a hardy video card to livestream decently.

#118 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

Never try...and i don't know what program to use.
And still wondering about that too. Someone ask me how to draw with illustrator and i just can explain i draw with dots...

#119 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

oh darn. looks like imma try bandicam instead LOL. :( maybe i could do here in office but i doubt livestream would work xD 

thanks for the input :D 

yeah vectoring is best taught via videos lol. i tried lecturing step by step--- naaawp. took me a lottt of time and steps :P 

#120 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:05 PM

Just tried to livestream using OBS (free software) and it works!

https://forums.warpp...am-ro-gameplay/

Just follow those directions, but change the RO window to the window of your preferred art program!

#121 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

oh wow :o nifty! thank you! :D pretty long set up but might be worth it. i'll try this at home :3 (praying hard laptop can handle this :heh:) thanks :D 

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:27 AM

I stream sometimes from sai, you'll have to set the window fresh every stream (you can't just save the scene) but it works well.

#123 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

I haven't posted on the Ragnarok Online forums in a pretty long time, but a few days ago I started thinking just how nice a community this was and that I always loved the art contests. I even still know a lot of you guys' names, ha ha. Exactly one year ago I entered the Valentines contest myself with what is still one of my best drawings to date, in my opinion. It got a lot of lovely reactions, so I still have fond me memories of that.

I just went and checked this year's Valentines contest and jeez laweez, such wonderful entries again. I really enjoyed seeing all the fantastic art everyone here does. And RO art always has a special place in my heart, anyway. I would have loved to post on the thread itself but I see there was something going on at the end that got it locked. I didn't really read what it was all about though.

Anyway, I should really check back on these forums more often.

#124 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:35 AM

by any chance are you the same Sizzleboom from DA? *O* 

#125 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:50 AM

Yes, that's me! I'm actually kind of flattered you know me on DA, ha ha. Who are you on DA?

Edited by Sizzleboom, 08 February 2016 - 02:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users