Creative Contraptions Lounge - let's chill! - Page 6 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Creative Contraptions Lounge - let's chill!

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#126 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

mozarellacat :) you followed me months ago xD :P 

#127 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:46 PM

Anyway, I should really check back on these forums more often.

You haven't really missed much. Just more of the same here.

#128 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

mozarellacat :) you followed me months ago xD :P 

Oh, I did! I just can't get enough of RO art, so your gallery swiftly earned itself a spot on my watch list.

You haven't really missed much. Just more of the same here.

If it's just "more of the same", I've missed a whole lot of goodness.

#129 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:24 PM

Studio scribbly.

Chaos' pauldrons are so hard to figure out. (Darn you Lee Myung-jin!) Still trying to get the hang of using MangaStudio so the linework is blech. So far I'm liking the ability to rotate the canvas around so I can do curves better. Perspectives are not my strong suite. ><
buPzWhV.jpg

#130 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

think how it would hug that specific part XD use paper/ cardboard on your body if you must :P

#131 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

think how it would hug that specific part XD use paper/ cardboard on your body if you must :P

I have a good idea of how it wraps around his shoulders, it's the perspective I have trouble with.

Oh, no wonder! Lee Myung-jin drew the pauldrons differently!

http://ragnarok.wiki...arok_manhwa.jpg

http://ragnarok.wiki.../File:Chaos.jpg

Gosh darn this guy! >:U He's as inconsistent as the RO developers!

#132 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:26 AM

lmao. there are tons of inconsistent costume designs as well in the official game art :P

#133 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

Decided to base the pauldrons on the cover of Volume 1 (I wanna slap Lee for his inconsistency).

vjCCLqy.jpg

Looks better than before, still trying to figure out the front part with that runestone on his right pauldron. (Ignore his floating hair in the back, I'll do reattachment surgery later.)

#134 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:20 AM

Nickname/alias: Aaron Mayhem, 0pera if you look for me in game
Ign: Nope
Server: Chaos
Programs you use: Sai, Photoshop
Tools of Trade: Pen/Paper for boredom sketches when not at computer. Wacom Tablet at home
What got you into drawing: Just had anime loving friends and we all started drawing.
Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Homunculus!!! Vani is adorable, Ami is even more adorable
Favorite class in Ragnarok: Not popular classes and builds
Strengths: Anthros
Weaknesses: who knows
Top 3 favorite artists!: Depends on what style I am talking about. I have a lot of favorites and friends in the art world
Preferred artstyle: Comic/Manga/Anime/Own
Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: Pandora is my goddess when drawing. I love the streaming music and being able to change genres easy
Your commission thread:
2.pnghttps://forums.warpp...contraceptives/
Your folio: Just google Aaron Mayhem, if its a black panther looking thing you found me

#135 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:30 PM

hola. just wanna ask if its legal to ask for vip as payment for commissions? lol. idk how much does that amount to in zeny tho ;A; 

i was thinking since i'm prioritizing travel this year, i might lessen buying load for the meantime for VIP >.< but idk if that's okay here. 

thanks to whoever will answer this <3 i might rework my commission prices to items + zenny this year lol. 

#136 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:21 PM

hola. just wanna ask if its legal to ask for vip as payment for commissions? lol. idk how much does that amount to in zeny tho ;A; 

i was thinking since i'm prioritizing travel this year, i might lessen buying load for the meantime for VIP >.< but idk if that's okay here. 

thanks to whoever will answer this <3 i might rework my commission prices to items + zenny this year lol. 

You can, technically speaking, but at your own risk.  :p_sick:

#137 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:00 AM

You can charge WPE for your commissions, so that's one way of getting VIP.

#138 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:06 AM

Nickname/alias: chibikeiichi
Ign: Formerly Akiba-chan
Programs you use: Paint.net to crop and resize my work
Tools of Trade: Pencils, colored pencils, Copic lining pens
What got you into drawing?: I've always loved drawing since I was a little kid. My first drawings were of Teenage Mutant a Ninja Turtles, so I guess I can blame them.
Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Females. I'm not really that into drawing guys.
Favorite class in Ragnarok: Rogue/Stalker/Shadow Chaser, hands down.
Strengths: I feel like I'm pretty good at drawing people and that I have a fairly good grasp on anatomy.
Weaknesses: Anything that doesn't involve drawing people. I'm not good at bg,animals, or any of that kind of stuff.
Top 3 favorite artists!: Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina), Kousuke Fujishima (Ah My Goddess), and Masakazu Ishiguro (And Yet the Town Moves)
Preferred artstyle: Anime?
Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: Anime music
Your commission thread: https://forums.warpp...d/#entry2420353
Your folio: http://chibikeiichi.deviantart.com

#139 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

Technically you can do any other type of payment. Per Oda you just have to put "Contact me for other payment options". You cant really advertise it openly in the forums but in private messages you can take any type of payment you want at your own risk.

#140 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

i see @.@ mhmm. maybe i'll just stick with the safe route then lol. XD thanks guys :s 

#141 Romanov90

Romanov90

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationMy Laboratory

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:01 AM

Nickname/alias: BEAR

Ign: Laila Hitlavish

Programs you use: Autodesk Sketchbook, SAI , PS

Tools of Trade (digital and traditional materials): Pencil, eraser, stylus, wacom.

What got you into drawing?: jealousy

Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Bewbs.

Favorite class in Ragnarok: Swordsman.

Strengths: Character illustration.

Weaknesses: background.

Top 3 favorite artists! (who probably influenced you or inspire you): Hyung tae kim, Krenz Cushart, InstantIP

Preferred artstyle: mixed style.

Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: dubsteps.

Your commission thread: https://forums.warpp...lery-2nd-batch/

Your folio: http://arasimaru.deviantart.com/

#142 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:07 AM

Nickname/alias: chibikeiichi
Ign: Formerly Akiba-chan
Programs you use: Paint.net to crop and resize my work
Tools of Trade: Pencils, colored pencils, Copic lining pens
What got you into drawing?: I've always loved drawing since I was a little kid. My first drawings were of Teenage Mutant a Ninja Turtles, so I guess I can blame them.
Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Females. I'm not really that into drawing guys.
Favorite class in Ragnarok: Rogue/Stalker/Shadow Chaser, hands down.
Strengths: I feel like I'm pretty good at drawing people and that I have a fairly good grasp on anatomy.
Weaknesses: Anything that doesn't involve drawing people. I'm not good at bg,animals, or any of that kind of stuff.
Top 3 favorite artists!: Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina), Kousuke Fujishima (Ah My Goddess), and Masakazu Ishiguro (And Yet the Town Moves)
Preferred artstyle: Anime?
Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: Anime music
Your commission thread: https://forums.warpp...d/#entry2420353
Your folio: http://chibikeiichi.deviantart.com

Love Hina and Ah My Goddess artists! <3 good choice! 

linked your profile to the 1st post :)

Nickname/alias: BEAR

Ign: Laila Hitlavish

Programs you use: Autodesk Sketchbook, SAI , PS

Tools of Trade (digital and traditional materials): Pencil, eraser, stylus, wacom.

What got you into drawing?: jealousy

Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Bewbs.

Favorite class in Ragnarok: Swordsman.

Strengths: Character illustration.

Weaknesses: background.

Top 3 favorite artists! (who probably influenced you or inspire you): Hyung tae kim, Krenz Cushart, InstantIP

Preferred artstyle: mixed style.

Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: dubsteps.

Your commission thread: https://forums.warpp...lery-2nd-batch/

Your folio: http://arasimaru.deviantart.com/

cool! its not everyday you meet a Sketchbook user here :) i lol'd at the favorite subject to draw XD who doesnt liek bewbs :P linked your profile to the 1st post :)

updated 1st post, added the Easter Egg Coloring event. :3 

Edited by kokeshicat, 16 March 2016 - 02:09 AM.

#143 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:44 AM

hey artists. i have a question for ya'll. i'm feeling blue atm right now due to my career vs. my fam/relatives-- i'm pretty sure some of you experienced this... but i'll let my questions do all the talking.

1. When you took graphic design/ illustration/ or any form of art as a hobby/ career, did people around you (fam, friends, acquaintances) support you? 

2. Where there people who think of it as a lowly work or disapproved of the idea? What did you do to counter this? Aside from ignoring them?

3. What if they're threatening you already? Like take away something related to it? (e.g. hide your tablet, mess up the wifi, etc.) What did you do or what will you do? 

4. Tips for people currently facing these situation? 

much thanks. ^^

#144 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:33 AM

1. When you took graphic design/ illustration/ or any form of art as a hobby/ career, did people around you (fam, friends, acquaintances) support you? 

2. Where there people who think of it as a lowly work or disapproved of the idea? What did you do to counter this? Aside from ignoring them?

3. What if they're threatening you already? Like take away something related to it? (e.g. hide your tablet, mess up the wifi, etc.) What did you do or what will you do? 

1. Typically, yes.

2. Sure. If you care enough that the negativity bothers you, turn it around as an incentive to succeed and strengthen your resolve. You're doing it for yourself, not other people, especially not for the people giving you grief for pursuing something that you find fulfilling and gives you purpose.

3. My living situation is different I'm sure, so my options are probably a bit different. If you're getting legitimate threats of theft, vandalism, or destruction of property, at the very least document them as they come up (audio and/or video), so you have something to present in court if the need arises.

4. I'd be reluctant to give advice beyond what I covered about without a better idea of the specifics of a given scenario. It is my opinion that blood and history should be given minimal consideration when choosing whom you associate with. If you haven't by this point in your life, consider thoughtful introspection and active development of a strong personal philosophy, and be watchful for successful individuals with similar outlooks. In the end, we all take that last unknown step on our own, but on the journey to that point, a small circle of close friends is wonderful for mutual support and comfort. The minimum we should do as individuals is respect each others life choices, provided they are not grossly unethical. Best to not waste your fleeting time on people not willing to reciprocate that sentiment.

Edited by RichieDagger, 24 March 2016 - 07:30 AM.

#145 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:10 AM

Friends supported me wholeheartedly. Family, not so much.

People think of it as lowly work only because they're jealous of the fact that if you make it in the industry, you're getting paid doing what you actually enjoy doing.

I had a friend whose mom ripped up all her artwork and called her lowly and not good enough. Luckily her older sister snuck them out of the trash for her and helped her piece them back together, but it was still a terrible situation. If they're at a point that they're hiding your art tools to prevent you from pursuing a career in the arts, the jealously levels must be REALLY high.

I do agree with Richie, document everything in case of court case disputes.

Only viable recommendation is simply to move out get away from those people since they're actively hindering your hobby, which are one of the few things people can enjoy in this life. If not, time to resort back to traditional pencil and pen and do art in secret until you are able to move out.

#146 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

hey artists. i have a question for ya'll. i'm feeling blue atm right now due to my career vs. my fam/relatives-- i'm pretty sure some of you experienced this... but i'll let my questions do all the talking.

much thanks. ^^

1. At this point, nobody cares as long as I have money flowing (well, I also do other stuff, but nobody deny I got some money from doing commission). My family used to be fairly indifferent back then.

2. "Better than stealing or doing other illegal jobs, at least."

3. I honestly never experienced these so I can't give any advice.

4. Echoing Zero, move out. That, or try to prove that you can make your hobby as career, like do some commission and show them you can get money, doesn't have to be a lot of money.

#147 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

thank you for the feedback guys ^^; 

apparently its pretty much the same as my friends' advice @.@ some of it. but i'm glad to get different insights on this. :3 thanks!

have a great Easter weekend everyone~

#148 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

Nickname/alias: Faolain

Ign: See signature.

Server: Chaos & Loki

Programs you use: Paint Tool SAI, Medibang Paint, Krita, GIMP, depending on what I need to do.

Tools of Trade (digital and traditional materials): Intuos Pen & Touch Small, almost exclusively.

What got you into drawing?: Sailor Moon

Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: The cute monsters and player characters! I like drawing the female characters particularly, they've got much nicer costume designs.

Favorite class in Ragnarok: Performers or priests.

Strengths: Color theory, attention to detail, character design.

Weaknesses: Backgrounds, shading and lighting.

Top 3 favorite artists!: Naoko Takeuchi, Andrew Hussie, Bob Ross, Michelle Czajkowski, & a bunch of my friends who all have such unique styles.

Preferred artstyle: My own personal style is a weird mix of western and anime, so that. I've been branching into realism and chibi.

Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: Lately I've just been playing the Badlands album by Halsey on repeat but most of the time I just put on some nightcore mixes.

Your commission thread: None (yet!)

Your folio: http://faeriesweets.tumblr.com

much thanks. ^^

1. It's not easy, and I was told this over and over again while honing my skills. I had a lot of opposition, people who told me to just lay down the pencil and focus on math or something, but I never listened. A huge part of art is pure determination. It takes a special kind of person to sit down for hours every day and practice something tortuously.

2. I ask them to take a look around them. What kind of world would we live in without art? Every advertisment on TV, every logo, every photograph, the paintings at the dentist office and the beautiful architecture - all of that started with artists. We can't demand art from artists while devaluing the artists themselves.

3. I'm lucky enough to be 23 now and I can make my own decisions and I pay for my own wifi and supplies, but when I was younger this happened a lot. My honest advice is to wait, or keep doubles of everything if you can in a secret place that only you know. Keeping your tablet on you at all times would work.

4. Stay strong and persevere. Just keep practicing, and don't forget to do your stretches and hand exercises so you don't get carpal tunnel.

Edited by Faolain, 25 March 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#149 Kaiverta

Kaiverta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

Okay let's see!

Nickname/alias: KaivertaCommissions, Kaiverta, Krice

Ign: ?

Server: No clue what this means

Programs you use: Photoshop CS2, Paint Tool SAI

Tools of Trade (digital and traditional materials):HB Mechanical pencil (I loathe having to sharpen a pencil and empty the sharpener all the freaking time >>), sometimes black pens, sometimes pigma pens, and digital programs. Fine paper if possible

What got you into drawing?: Final Fantasy 8 is my earliest memory of drawing (I was 8 or 9. I think?), but I know I was drawing earlier than that. I just can't remember any specifics.

Favorite subject to draw in Ragnarok: Ummm... o.o I haven't played Ragnarok in may years so this is n/a

Favorite class in Ragnarok: Assassin if I recall

Strengths: (bg, character, fx, GUI, crafts, sprite art, etc.) Character

Weaknesses: (bg, character, fx, GUI, crafts, sprite art, etc.) Hands, ears, legs in general

Top 3 favorite artists! (who probably influenced you or inspire you): Tetsuya Nomura is really the only one. Tite Kubo as well, but mostly Nomura. OH, and he doesn't inspire MY art, but I looove Artgerm to deaaaath o_o

Preferred artstyle: (stylized, western, chibi, realistic, cartoony, eastern, etc.) Realistic anime.

Music you enjoy listening to while doing art: Bon Jovi, Cymatics by Nigel Stanford,

Your commission thread: Right here

Your folio: Kaiverta on DeviantART , KaivertaCommissions on WIX, Kaiverta on Tumblr

#150 Kaiverta

Kaiverta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:06 AM

1. I've always drawn, since before I was 8 or 9. My family in general is very creative, so my mother was supportive of my art. I've been doing freelance work since about 2007ish and my mom has always been very supportive, and whilst my dad said that it's good and he's proud of my art, he was also very, VERY grounded in reality to the point of bursting my bubble because I'd need to get a proper, more stable job. I'm lucky now that I have a main job and art is my 'supporting finance'. I love to draw regardless, though. :)

2. No one thinks it's low or disapproves of it. In the case of my dad, he just wanted me to make sure that I could consistently support myself financially, that I wouldn't get into trouble because of having no funds, so he was pushing for me to have a 'real' job as well. I didn't ignore him, but I didn't let him stop me from drawing, either. Drawing is one of my favourite things to do.

3. No one ever, EVER threatened to take away my ability to be creative. No one. Nor would anyone in my family do so. They know that it's important to me and it's very important to let creativity flourish. If that's who you are, that's who you are. End of story.

4. Basically all I said above. It'll be easier if you have some kind of consistent income that pays the bills. If your art isn't enough to pay the bills, then getting another job that DOES will help others be a bit more accepting of your arting ways.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users