Questions about some changes since I last logged in... - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about some changes since I last logged in...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

Alright, so I haven't logged in for quite some time (haven't played in close to 5 years and logged in a couple years ago) and decided to today for a brief moment in time...

1: Just about all of my equipment says that it is either character or account bound upon equipping... does this mean once I equip it, I can no longer sell it?  Bug/glitch? Or has the game gone that far into item mall items?

2: Storage tabs... I noticed that there are more tabs for storage such as character? What is character storage?  A special storage tab that only that character has access to whereas the main storage is sharable on the entire account?

3: Skill/stat resets? Are these unlimited now or do I just happen to have a skill book left over that it shows up as a skill? Or is it just a one time use?

4: has PvM gotten any better for the solo player or is it still majority party?

5: Holy inflation... I see this never got fixed either... (not a question just an observation of something I don't think will ever calm down)

I only logged into my account to check things out didn't really have the time to get into playing at all which is why I am bound to have further questions... so much has changed since the days of pre-evo and even the p2p era... 

Thanks in advance for the answers... and of course... any words of wisdom with all the changes...

#2 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Alright, so I haven't logged in for quite some time (haven't played in close to 5 years and logged in a couple years ago) and decided to today for a brief moment in time...

1: Just about all of my equipment says that it is either character or account bound upon equipping... does this mean once I equip it, I can no longer sell it?  Bug/glitch? Or has the game gone that far into item mall items?

2: Storage tabs... I noticed that there are more tabs for storage such as character? What is character storage?  A special storage tab that only that character has access to whereas the main storage is sharable on the entire account?

3: Skill/stat resets? Are these unlimited now or do I just happen to have a skill book left over that it shows up as a skill? Or is it just a one time use?

5: Holy inflation... I see this never got fixed either... (not a question just an observation of something I don't think will ever calm down)

I only logged into my account to check things out didn't really have the time to get into playing at all which is why I am bound to have further questions... so much has changed since the days of pre-evo and even the p2p era... 

Thanks in advance for the answers... and of course... any words of wisdom with all the changes...

1. Character bound items can never be unbounded, and they're stuck on that character forever unless you disassemble them or NPC. Account locked items can be unlocked with an unlock binder from the Item Mall or the Valor shop. Yes, in a way the game has gone into the IM that far. -_-

2. Character storage is for character bound items. Account storage is for account bound items/MATS/gems/skills, and premium storage is for various other items, and account bound items.

3. Skill / Stat resets are obtained through the IM for a hefty price, you can purchase them in game for like 2-3 billion zulie.

4. Good luck even finding a party to level now a days, they're very scarce and it's a miracle if there not all botting.

5. This is because of item/zulie duplication, and the server merge, and hardly any outlets of zulie being expended to go out of the game.

#3 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

1. Character bound items can never be unbounded, and they're stuck on that character forever unless you disassemble them or NPC. Account locked items can be unlocked with an unlock binder from the Item Mall or the Valor shop. Yes, in a way the game has gone into the IM that far. -_-

→ This is incorrect: Bound items can be unbound using Unbind Coupon from Valor shop or Item Mall.

While Locked items can't be Unlocked no matter what.

2. Character storage is for character bound items. Account storage is for account bound items/MATS/gems/skills, and premium storage is for various other items, and account bound items.

Account Storage & Premium Storage are the same: You can place anything there EXCEPT character locked/ bound items.

Character Storage: Anything

Item Mall Storage: Restricted to Item Mall items only.

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 01 November 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#4 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

3. Skill / Stat resets are obtained through the IM for a hefty price, you can purchase them in game for like 2-3 billion zulie.

4. Good luck even finding a party to level now a days, they're very scarce and it's a miracle if there not all botting.

5. This is because of item/zulie duplication, and the server merge, and hardly any outlets of zulie being expended to go out of the game.

Actually the exact opposite is true. Anything bound, whether character or account bound, can be unbound with an Unbinder Coupon. These are available in tthe Valor Shop or in the Item Mall.

Anything locked (character or account) is locked permanently

As for the rest of it, You can put anything in character storage that you want. However, character locked items can only be stored in character storage

Character storage can be permanently expandable with expansion coupons from the Item mall. 

If you have just logged in for the first time after a long break, you should have a free 24 hour skill and stat reset. Check your unique skill tab

#5 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

→ They're new features. Click to see more

→ Please read my comment above.

More info: Account, Item Mall, Premium tabs are shared among characters within an account. While Character tab belong to that character only.

→ Whenver there's big update/ change on skills, there will be free 24-hour Skill and Stat Reset skills, located in Alt + S > Item Mall.

These skills allow unlimited use as long as they time hasn't run out. Time counts down as you're logged in, play ingame and stops as you log out. In short, you have 24-ingame-hour resets.

They will disappear once the time runs out.

Skill or Stat reset book are available in Item Mall, priced at ~1.7b and 2.3b for Skill and Stat respectively.

→ PvM favors parties, it's a pain to solo.

→ Yes. Can't agree more.

#6 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the answers... really kind of sucks with the whole bound to character/account items...

I'm guessing that solo play still sucks???

#7 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

Woops, got confused on my wording, either way. The items being account/character locked/bound is a big scheming way in my eyes of $

It was completely fine without having character/account bound/locked items. You can't tell me the reason for implementing that outrageous stuff wasn't for revenue.

In a way, I agree it helps people from being hacked/scammed, but if that's happening to them then that's usually that persons fault. It's outrageous to me to have to pay money to be able to trade an item after I used it or farm dungeons for an hour just for a single item unlocker.

#8 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts
  • LocationOver there! *points to popcorn machine*
  • Server:Forums

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

or farm dungeons for an hour just for a single item unlocker.

I don't know what Dungeons you do, but CoU gives at least 60 after the final boss, not to mention the bonus amounts between start and finish.

And it only takes around 10 minutes.

Edited by VModOreo, 01 November 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#9 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:02 PM

Uhm, that's if you have a premade group and know friends that have clerics/knights.

Realistically, he will be solo queing and trying to find groups that will actually be able to run through the complete dungeon, which takes sometime, and the reason for that is because many clans just group with themselves to run CoU for clan points / farming.

#10 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts
  • LocationOver there! *points to popcorn machine*
  • Server:Forums

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

Uhm, that's if you have a premade group and know friends that have clerics/knights.

Realistically, he will be solo queing and trying to find groups that will actually be able to run through the complete dungeon, which takes sometime, and the reason for that is because many clans just group with themselves to run CoU for clan points / farming.

*Facepalm* My bad.. I forgot about the premade groups.. heh, sorry! :P

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

If he does the shout quests in Junon, he can get some pretty decent points for just a little bit of work. If he has the valor bonus skill, it is even more.

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:28 AM

A while ago the bound and locked update was implemented to help cure the inflation of items in the free market.

Anything bound, can be bound, anything locked, is your forever. Except to NPC's, they'll supposedly take something no one else can ever use and sell it.

You can purchase item unbinder from the IM and Valor shop [PvM]. The unbinds are 100 Valor each which is a very small price.

As others have said, you can get approximately 120 Valor in a completed dungeon. And with a competent team it'll only take 7-10 mins.

Additionally, if you have a movement speed set, you can complete the Junon Shout quests from the Faction NPCs. I used to do this and I'd farm about 3-5k Valor in a given day. But it only takes you about 3 runs to get an unbinder if you use your valor passive.

You'll have

Storage: Accessible to all of the characters on the account.

Character Storage: Accessible by the particular character only.

Item Mall storage: Accessible by all characters on the account and automatically expands. Also has an unlimited storage capacity.

Premium Storage: Accessible by all characters on the account, requiring a premium service active. Additional benefit to this storage is it [and all others] can be accessed from anywhere in the world at an time by pressing 'p' while you have the premium service. [Note: Once your premium service expires, you can still withdraw items from the storage but can no longer place items inside of it until you renew your service.]

Those skill resets last for 24 hours of logged in time and are unlimited use. Meaning if you're online with the character for 5 hours and log out, then log in three days later, you'd still have 19 hours left on the reset. These are given out for free whenever a classes core balances are changed via an update.

It's still majority of the time party based. However botting is still as issue.

You'd be correct. After the server merged, the total zulie and item stocks of both Leonis and Draconis were combined. 

Some advice, hold onto ancient items. Particularly wings + chest pieces. They're quite valuable.

Welcome back [for a bit i guess]

#13 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hi Welcome back!

Looks like you have gotten answers to the questions you posted but no doubt you have or will have dozens more as you discover things that are new or different. Having recently come from a non-Evo server, I can completely understand your confusion and frustration, I did this little list/guide thing to get some basic stuff in one place so it's easy to refer to when needed. Here's the link if you want to take a look  https://forums.warpp...or-evo-newbies/

The most important thing is not to let yourself become overwhelmed. Just take it one step at a time. Feel free to pm me or whisper to me in-game on HoneyBunz or Sulky if there is anything I can do to help. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users