pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

I have been checking this game out, and I thought it appeared interesting. I currently play ROSE online, but it is due to be down for two days, and I thought this would be a good time to check out Dragon Saga. However I perused the newbie section, and now I am not so sure. This game seems terribly complicated, and I really don't understand what is being talked about in some of the topics. If I do play, I would like to make a Dragoon. Any thoughts on that?

#2 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

i advise playing Destroyer.

Welcome to Dragon Saga.

#3 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

Dragoon can be a good choice... As a player that doesn't know how that class was before the skills and stats balancing, you might like it !

Also, don't give up just because it seems complicated, if you try to give priority go what you need first, and going step by step, it is way more simpler that you're thinking at the moment !

Also the 48 hours server takedown (if we're talking about the hardware moving starting on the 11/15) affects every Warp Portal service. So I doubt you will be able to play DS during that time, unfortunately.

Anyways, I hope to see you on DS even if you play Rose Online !

#4 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

I highly recommend you playing this game. It is a great game and if you prefer to get serious that's ok too.

As for picking a class like dragoon it's a great starter class for a new person.

Combos are executed with high rewards as you level up compared to other classes in the beginning.

Feel free to try out other classes if you do have the time. Once you reach level 20 on your human class, you can try out the dragon kin race which brings a completely different play style compared to humans.

I hope to see you in game in the near future!

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

Hi there and welcome to this part of the warpportal forum world. :p_smile:

Nice to see you around!

Haha, maybe this time it is me that can lend a helping hand or two.

I would be really glad to give something back. 

Actually what you just said :

This game seems terribly complicated, and I really don't understand what is being talked about in some of the topics.

sounds very familiar, giggle.

It was exactly my thought as I started to try out ROSE..........to be honest the last part you said is still matching 100%.

But as you can see, I'm still playing ROSE besides DS and even though some phrases and words still do confuse me I really enjoy the game.

I guess the chances are high it is going to be vice versa in your case with DS. 

Dragoon is a nice pick, I agree with the others. You should try that out.

If you need help of any sort, I will be there to assist and support you. In the exact same way you guys did do.

My ingame char can be seen in my profile pic. But please feel free to pm here on the forums at any time and I will try to help you as best as I can.

Besides myself there are lots and lots of very friendly and very helpful people in the game. Just try it out and see for yourself.

Hope to see you in game soon, I really do.  :p_smile: 

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:26 PM

Hello pdfisher and welcome to the other side of the WP community  :heh:

I think that everyone already told you what you should know about the game so far - there is so many to tell, but if you really want to start you will learn much by yourself and there are always helpful players in the game who will for sure help you too. Plus feel free to ask here on the forums if something isn't clear to you.

I hope that you really want to try out DS still, even if we have the same downtime you have. 

I know your home is ROSE but all in all we're all a big family here at WP and why not visiting the other family members?

If you decide to have a try I hope to see you in-game. And maybe you want to check out CM Oda's "Dragon Saga Let's Plays" having fun with some aspects of the game on youtube.  :heh:

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Is there a server that is better than any other? What about  guilds? Is there one that would be good for a noobie like me?

#8 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

We only have one server. We do have 4 different channels on it. :p_smile:

Channel 1 to 3 are for specific player level ranges (this makes it a lot easier to find people to party up with, for example to run dungeons).

You get 5% extra bonus exp for playing on the channel that is right for your character level.

Channel 4 is "free for all", on this one players from all the level ranges do play and it misses the extra 5% channel bonus exp.

We have many different guilds.

We do have pure pve (pvm) guilds as well as pure pvp guilds.

We do have guilds dedicated to one specific language that is spoken by the members.

We do have mixed language guilds.

We do have big and tiny guilds.

You just need to find the right one for yourself, whatever you prefer.

But I would say the one thing the most guilds have in common in DS is - they are very newbie friendly. In other words new players are very welcome to any of them. :p_smile:

#9 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

Welcome to Dragon Saga's forum :) All comments from other players above are all helpful  :heh: So all I will say is that this game's beginning is really easy, and as you level up make sure to pay attention to the details such as items and mobs (watch their attacks and learn how to dodge them). I'm sure that you will learn more and more as you leveling up higher and higher  :pif: Don't mind about other higher levels players' items and gear and grow jealousy or greed from it, B.c you will eventually able to obtain them later in the future if you keep playing  :p_smile:

#10 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

Thanks so much for all your help. I am pretty much a PvM player, as I don't do well in PvP. Since this two day thing is going to affect all the games though, I have to really give this some consideration. This game does look like fun though, and you all seem to be really nice people.

#11 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

Nice people ? That's because you still haven't heard of me.

Jokes aside, I hope you'll like Dragon Saga as much as I (we) do. It contains the essence of playing, the goal of every player (everyone who disagrees has... err... different goals I guess), the core of what makes a game fun to play : costumes.

A huge amount of costumes, from cute outfits to shiny armors. In all kinds of colours. What's not to like about such a game ?  :p_love:

Edited by Homurasan, 04 November 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#12 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

I downloaded the game, but I can't play. When I get to the log in screen, it keeps asking me to check my ID. It doesn't matter what I put in, it does that. What do I do?

#13 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

Nevermind! I think I figured it out! Doh!

#14 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

So...welcome to the game! :p_smile:

#15 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

Thanks, but it's too difficult for me. I can't figure out where to go, or which animals I'm supposed to kill. The map is confusing, and so are the quests.

#16 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

Welcome to when you start an mmo lol. You will get a hang of it tho. Mostly you should only do the red quests (hero quests) and follow those. If you don't have any of them at some point just do a few f1 runs at a boss near your level, and once you level up, you will have more of them. They run you around and teach you the ropes decently well. SO red quests are the key :).

#17 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

the monsters you have to kill have a little "Q" symbol next to their name. Yes, keyboard movement can be confusing at first.

DragonSaga is more complex as you think when you see it for the first time. But if you don't give up, you will find your very own way to play it.

#18 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

I never saw any Q's by any monster. What is with the arcade f1 stuff? I am now supposed to do something that involves arcade f5. Will I be able to solo that? I tried to get help in game, but no one would help. Perhaps I wasn't using the chat right. Do you know of any guilds that accept noobies and help them?

#19 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

Hello :) I am sure there are guilds were created for helping newbies, unfortunately I don't know any of them  :heh:  And F5 mode is nearly the same as F1 arcade mode the different is that there will be some movie scenes and more monsters. Whenever need help you should try to ask in the Trade Chat (every player can see it, no matter where you are). I will be ingame sometimes to help you out whenever I have freetime. Message me /w NightPaws  :p_idea:

Edited by VinylDorayaki, 06 November 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#20 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:37 AM

How do I do trade chat? There was never a tutorial that explained that stuff.

#21 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

Press F5~9 to use regular / friend / party / guild / trade chat. You'll be able to use the trade chat every 30s at most.

vxkEJ29.jpg?1

#22 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:28 AM

Thanks again for the help. Especially you Fliederduft78!. Now, sometimes when I complete a mission. This box pops up, and it shows four pieces of equipment, and it says something about some coins. I have some of the coins, but I haven't figured out what I am to do with this. How does this work? I saw a button marked space bar, but when I push it, the icons change to all bombs. What am I supposed to do?

Also, I had wanted to be a Dragoon, but I wasn't offered that one. I chose Warrior, is that pretty good? I don't need to be op, just able to kill the monsters.

Edited by pdfisher, 07 November 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#23 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

Those boxes are the mission map end reward. The problem is you reward depends on the mission map ranking you get.

Rank F = bombs (bombs are blanks and give you  nothing)

Rank E and D = you get 1 random item (randowmly chosen by the game from the stuff for all classes) as reward

Rank C, B and A = 2 random items

Rank S, SS and SSS = 3 random items

You will get an additional money back from rank E to SSS too.

Those coins you are talking about might be the "Gada Coins"?

If so:

You can use them on the mission map end reward screen "use coin" and "pay" the amount it wants you to pay. If you do so you will get an item for your very own class with 100% chance. I mean only for the class you are playing. This can be a set part, a weapon or equipment parts.

Warrior class is perfectly fine, this is the first class of the warrior tree. This is basically the "visitor class" of the warriors (you would call them like that in ROSE language). As soon as you hit level 19 you are offered to do your first jobchange. This is quite similar in ROSE. Once you made it through that jobchange questchain and finally hit level 20 you will be able to choose between two warrior classes :

- the knight

- the gladiator

Once chosen there is no way back and you will follow the tree of the chosen class, so make sure to choose the right one. :p_smile:

The knight tree would be the one for you to choose, cause you want to be a Dragoon. A Dragoon is the max class of the Knight tree.

You will have to do another jobchange at level 40 and the final one at level 60. Once you do the last one you finally are a Dragoon.

#24 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

Rank as Fliederduft defined it above is a total of points (up to 120). The more you have, the higher the rank (F to SSS).

You can obtain points quickly by executing combos on large packs of monsters.

And the "Space bar" icon is here to tell you how to speed up the process.

#25 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:36 PM

Thanks guys, guess if I want items from that thing, I will have to use my coins if I can figure out how. I never get anything better than an F when I do a mission.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users