November 4th Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 4th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

Announcements: 

We are celebrating Veteran's day in the US next Wednesday so we will be having our weekly maintenance on Thursday instead of Wednesday. The maintenance will be happening at the same time as the normal maintenance, 9am-1pm PST (GMT -8)

Warpportal is moving servers starting on Sunday, November 15th and ending on the 17th. We are estimating up to 48 hours for the hardware to be moved to it's new home, during this time our games and websites will not be available. The time and dates of the move are subject to change, unfortunately this may change based on the mover's availability. We will keep you updated. 

Ongoing Events: 

-Niflheim/Glast Heim spotlight continues. During this event monsters from the dungeons and fields around those towns get a boost to exp and drops

-Vintage Trick or Treat Quest continues

New This Week: 

Classic Challenge dungeon will be implemented on the live server with the changes based on community feedback in our foundry. You will be able to travel to the Challenge Dungeon and encounter our tough monsters, and their special drops. 

The challenge dungeon was created out of our desire to create a tough new dungeon for players to tackle on Classic. To this end we have found and modified monsters with increased HP and attack, useful drops and smart AI. We placed these monsters in a replica of an existing dungeon and placed the entrance to this dungeon in the Prontera Graveyard. Players level 70 and up can enter. Since we are not able to add all of the New World monsters this is a way for us to introduce ways to obtain items that have not yet been available on Classic. 

Here's the drops and percentages for the new monsters: http://blog.gravityu...nster-Drops.png

Coming soon: 

Groove Pack for November coming next week!

Planning for the next PVP tournament to take place on pre-renewal Classic Test server

#2 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

What of the renewal client?

#3 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

+1 for renewal client =D

#4 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

The renewal client is amazing. Please please update us on that! <3

#5 Alexiasa

Alexiasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:25 PM

In Renewall , I like to participate in the tournament. I am level 175. I need would like me to participate. Where to leave the bases or where I write? Please

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

No updates on getting Classic put onto renewal. I can tell you that the moment I get an update I will let you know when I know. 

In Renewall , I like to participate in the tournament. I am level 175. I need would like me to participate. Where to leave the bases or where I write? Please

We will  have a thread up for the pre-renewal tournament suggestions soon. 

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

If the Challenge Dungeon is going to get introduced, can you write up a little introduction for people? Include things like location, purpose, drops and experience.

Are you also going to be able to add Spotlight or TI turnin NPCs to Asgard?

#8 MalianoSan

MalianoSan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:36 AM

are the servers staying in the same timezone? any information on the move we can get?

#9 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:39 AM

+1 for renewal client =D

The renewal client is amazing. Please please update us on that! <3

We know how hard it is to implement it on our server and how Gravity feels about changes in general, but this would mean so much to us, Oda & Campitor <3

Btw, do we have any plans on having the King Poring quest again? I'm looking forward to it for some time

#10 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

As per Oda last night during Tiki Tuesday, the servers are staying in the same time zone. Just a new physical location in the same city.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:08 AM

Don't forget to turn off the treasure/okolnir NPCs the week of the move. We wouldn't want the server getting flooded with god item parts/god items from undefended econs, would we? :p_swt:

#12 MalianoSan

MalianoSan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

As per Oda last night during Tiki Tuesday, the servers are staying in the same time zone. Just a new physical location in the same city.

ty deb

#13 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

Don't forget to turn off the treasure/okolnir NPCs the week of the move. We wouldn't want the server getting flooded with god item parts/god items from undefended econs, would we? :p_swt:

Xellie the question you should ask is there even going to be a woe 2 that day. Because if not why not do woe 2 one hour after woe 1 on Saturday.

Oda Can you please make the challenge so its worth it for people with average equipment. give mobs 75k-110k hp because the only chars that be worth taking there are champs scholar hp and Meat shields(You Know What This is)

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:04 AM

Xellie the question you should ask is there even going to be a woe 2 that day. Because if not why not do woe 2 one hour after woe 1 on Saturday.

Oda Can you please make the challenge so its worth it for people with average equipment. give mobs 75k-110k hp because the only chars that be worth taking there are champs scholar hp and Meat shields(You Know What This is)

There won't be and they won't do that. Even If I was able to make that WoE (I can't) supplying 2 WoEs and participating in 3 WoEs(renewal) in a day would be ridic.

#15 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

If the Challenge Dungeon is going to get introduced, can you write up a little introduction for people? Include things like location, purpose, drops and experience.

Are you also going to be able to add Spotlight or TI turnin NPCs to Asgard?

+1 on everything they've said.

Also, please consider including job battle manuals in next week's groove pack.  And maybe updating your spam filters to eliminate those annoying spam bots rather than us doing the modification on our client's config.

#16 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

And maybe updating your spam filters to eliminate those annoying spam bots rather than us doing the modification on our client's config.

it's a .txt file. you're not exactly doing hard coding here.

#17 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

it's a .txt file. you're not exactly doing hard coding here.

I know and it's easy to do too.  But shouldn't it be part of the weekly patch at least.

#18 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

+1 on everything they've said.

Also, please consider including job battle manuals in next week's groove pack.  And maybe updating your spam filters to eliminate those annoying spam bots rather than us doing the modification on our client's config.

We ask players to update their spam config files because when we include it in our patches, the spammers also receive that data and update and intensify their spam attempts. 

#19 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

We ask players to update their spam config files because when we include it in our patches, the spammers also receive that data and update and intensify their spam attempts. 

Oh, I see. I guess it makes sense.  Thanks Oda.

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

Test Aura is working! It's a rare drop from the MVP 

https://vine.co/v/eLqTVmOWFT3

#21 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

is your body ready classic?

#22 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hey Oda, Camp We Going To Have Woe 2 on Sunday November 15?

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

We were considering making WoE that might be affected by the move event WoEs that week, so that if were down when it should have happened it won't be as bad for users.

#24 DorianGray01

DorianGray01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

Introducing the iRO classic challenge dungeon

My experience.

As soon as the servers went up we were overwhelmed by the urge to check out the new challenge dungeon, to honor the iRO gms valiant hard work and effort and here is our aproach: 

Party Setup: 1x High Wizard / 1x Bard / 1x High Priest / 1x SinX / 1x High Priest

We rushed through the dungeon freezing any monster standing in our way until we found a group of kobold leaders with an aura roaming in the middle of the dungeon, we cleared us a nice space in case for kiting purposes and then went at it. We were surprised at first that those bosses were surprisingly easy to tank (safety wall) and didn't do any sort of significant damage since they weren't able to hit our SinX tank anyways so what it came down to in the end was that we were basically just waiting for the boss to drop considering the 5m HP each of those guys have.

After 15min total in the challenge dungeon we killed 3x kobold leader boss monsters and as lucky as we were we even got 9 guild surplus boxes out of it.

In the end i would still say the dungeon deserves the name challenge dungeon, regarding the tremendous challenge you get out of enduring a bossfight that involves waiting for the moment it drops dead.

I still apreciate the gesture.

#25 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

Introducing the iRO classic challenge dungeon

My experience.

As soon as the servers went up we were overwhelmed by the urge to check out the new challenge dungeon, to honor the iRO gms valiant hard work and effort and here is our aproach: 

Party Setup: 1x High Wizard / 1x Bard / 1x High Priest / 1x SinX / 1x High Priest

We rushed through the dungeon freezing any monster standing in our way until we found a group of kobold leaders with an aura roaming in the middle of the dungeon, we cleared us a nice space in case for kiting purposes and then went at it. We were surprised at first that those bosses were surprisingly easy to tank (safety wall) and didn't do any sort of significant damage since they weren't able to hit our SinX tank anyways so what it came down to in the end was that we were basically just waiting for the boss to drop considering the 5m HP each of those guys have.

After 15min total in the challenge dungeon we killed 3x kobold leader boss monsters and as lucky as we were we even got 9 guild surplus boxes out of it.

In the end i would still say the dungeon deserves the name challenge dungeon, regarding the tremendous challenge you get out of enduring a bossfight that involves waiting for the moment it drops dead.

I still apreciate the gesture.

hrmm Okay I will tweak the AI some more. I think I know how to solve that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users