November 4th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 4th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

You need to increase their attackspeed. Same with the melee monster. But I cant imagine that would be enough to justify 5 million hp on the MVP, you just have to cast SW a little more often.

#27 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

Make it casts Dispell, Magnetic Earth, Exile, Earthquake at insane rate. That would do.

#28 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:46 PM

Challenge dungeon just needs to be challenging.

#29 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:41 PM

I liked the balance in the challenge dungeon, it's not hard as bio3 and it's not annoying as Dimensional gorge, some of my friends was complaining that it's not worthy, that's mostly because the monsters have so much HP so it takes time to kill, maybe if they have more damage and aspd and less HP it could be fun.

Oh, and there's any chance of you guys change the monsters sprites? at least the mages...

#30 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:44 PM

since when is bio3 hard

#31 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:40 AM

It is. If you're somewhat new and don't have an absurd amount of god items, mvps/minibosses and consumables, you need a party and some coordination. Which means is hard. It seems people get intoxicated by the overflow of items, lol.

#32 DorianGray01

DorianGray01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:46 AM

If i didn't make it clear in my primary post, if a boss got 5m HP he better drop something more/remotely rewarding than 3 guild surplus boxes, because i can get those in a guild dungeon - solo - in a more rewarding timeframe, they should drop at least some silly hat with no stats at all just to show ppl you actually went down to the challenge dungeon and did stuff.

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:49 AM

it drops the bio aura. isn't that worth the price of admission alone?

#34 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:53 AM

since when is bio3 hard

trying to show off bro? with some prepare you and half of the server can farm at bio3...

It is. If you're somewhat new and don't have an absurd amount of god items, mvps/minibosses and consumables, you need a party and some coordination. Which means is hard. It seems people get intoxicated by the overflow of items, lol.

so true

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

All you really need is a dokkie card, a hp and a hide clip and something that can kill.

infact if you're really smart you can look up the kathy AI and cycle your elemental armors appropriately, the skills are always cast in the same order (or you can just hide then kill it)

There are sinxs who can grimtooth level down there with only bg gear

it's not "hard" in the sense that you need items. Just gotta be smart.

#36 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

All you really need is a dokkie card, a hp and a hide clip and something that can kill.

infact if you're really smart you can look up the kathy AI and cycle your elemental armors appropriately, the skills are always cast in the same order (or you can just hide then kill it)

There are sinxs who can grimtooth level down there with only bg gear

it's not "hard" in the sense that you need items. Just gotta be smart.

Well Shin said that, if you dont have all those stuffs you need a party and some coordination, actually a sniper with some traps can do well there also, but that doesn't mean you can walk around killing at will, if you compare bio 3 with other dungeons you can consider it "hard".

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

I don't equate having to think about what you're doing as hard vs requiring equip. Hard to explain, smarts are all you need

#38 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:06 AM

I don't equate having to think about what you're doing as hard vs requiring equip. Hard to explain, smarts are all you need

well, then let's just say that for some places you don't need to be so smart =P

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

That's fair enough :)

and with items you can hurr durr to 99 too!

#40 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

You dont need to justify your definition of hard to anyone, everyone will have a different experience.

I would still like to see the following changes:

• Health tweaks - MVP doesnt really need 5 million hp and the other things may be a bit high (lower health pools lowers the entry barrier for players without lots of items)
  • AI/monster tweaks - Increase attackspeed of the melee monster/MVP, this is causing them to barely use any skills and be boring/useless
  • Exp - some would be swell
  • Monster sprites - should change them to the proposed ones
  • Map - we used this one for the last dungeon, a new one would really change the feel a lot, right now things are getting very stuck in corners and it's a huuuuge map

#41 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

You dont need to justify your definition of hard to anyone, everyone will have a different experience.

I would still like to see the following changes:

• Health tweaks - MVP doesnt really need 5 million hp and the other things may be a bit high (lower health pools lowers the entry barrier for players without lots of items)
  • AI/monster tweaks - Increase attackspeed of the melee monster/MVP, this is causing them to barely use any skills and be boring/useless
  • Exp - some would be swell
  • Monster sprites - should change them to the proposed ones
  • Map - we used this one for the last dungeon, a new one would really change the feel a lot, right now things are getting very stuck in corners and it's a huuuuge map

Monsters could give some resonable Job xp, and this map ugh...sometimes when you are turning the screen..there's like some pillar or some part of the building that gets in the way and mess your screen..so annoying

#42 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

enjoyed day one in the new spot.the mage and ranged guys are reasonably hard. and can one shot my pali friend if we arent careful. a bit more atk spd and lower health on the melee and mvp would help a lot. drops are all good. also might take a look at the respawn times on the mvps. cant confirm it yet but it looks like the spawn time is over 1 hour. killed three mvps an hour after maint. then the rest of the day i didnt see an mvp. and i was down there for the majority of 10 hours.

edit: a few unnecessary changes that i'd like to see: 1) change the music pls. loading screen music is tiring. 2) the map could be changed.. the one we are useing glitches out hard core if you dont have your view zoomed all the way in. 3) different mob names / sprites would be very cool. 4) the proposal for subject aura dropping for the party or at least at a much higher rate would be helpful. i understand why you put it as the super rare drop. but if the mvp is that long winded of a fight (5 mill hp) and on a long timer (over 1 hr) its going to be hard to convince a few ppl to go there with me every day to maybe get one aura and not kno who gets to keep it. 4) EXP!!!! or we could make it the opposite of bio 2 and have a lot of job exp and very little base exp! :)

Edited by lxst, 05 November 2015 - 12:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users