• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Sheela

Sheela

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

rm4tttt has been spamming /all day long/. No one has taken care of it so I've decided to post on forums about it.

Posted Image

Couldn't a mute button be implemented or something? Because it's ridiculous. She's actually sitting at the computer while she's doing it because she was running around and saying other things, spamming megaphones, etc.

#2 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

I already filled a ticket about this one. Just a matter of time until WP does something about this. S;

#3 Sheela

Sheela

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

I already filled a ticket about this one. Just a matter of time until WP does something about this. S;

I was going to submit a ticket about it but I didn't see the option to in-game. Then again, I've played a lot of WoW, this game doesn't have that feature. Prolly shoulda looked around harder.

#4 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:05 AM

I was going to submit a ticket about it but I didn't see the option to in-game. Then again, I've played a lot of WoW, this game doesn't have that feature. Prolly shoulda looked around harder.

Yes, unfortunately we don't have that option ingame. You submit tickets via the WP Support Center. :]

#5 Yotsuba83

Yotsuba83

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

lol I was just coming here to post about rm4tttt, but here it is. A mute button would be really nice...

#6 aires

aires

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationAustralia >:3

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

there were heeps of gold spammers back in thq..its so annoying!! :D

#7 Yotsuba83

Yotsuba83

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

well here's to hopes that portal actually cares about this game.

#8 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Simply change from "All" to "Chat"

Enable "party" and "guild" in the chat and you are done!

I am assuming they are spamming it for the medal. I never saw the spam because I always change to "Chat" instead of "All" :D

#9 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

Simply change from "All" to "Chat"

Enable "party" and "guild" in the chat and you are done!

I am assuming they are spamming it for the medal. I never saw the spam because I always change to "Chat" instead of "All" :D

Spamming it for the medal? Yes. That makes perfect sense.
wow...

#10 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

there were heeps of gold spammers back in thq..its so annoying!! :(

At least back in THQ they are not using megaphone, just a regular chat. I wonder where they get all those gold though. O_o I want some. :D

#11 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

lvl requirement to use megaphone
lvl requirement to enter Port of Winds and all towns after that
lvl requirement to use Party warps
lvl requirement to use town scrolls
lvl requirement to use couple warps

goodbye gold spammers

Edited by Maronu, 28 November 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#12 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

goodbye gold spammers

Yes, because you can't get to level 20 within a few hours at the most.

#13 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

goodbye gold spammers

If I'm not mistaken, you need to be at least level 11 to enter PoW. Not sure about the rests though. And, do we still have town scrolls?

#14 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Yes, because you can't get to level 20 within a few hours at the most.

Yes, because a few hours is a lot longer than 1 minute.

#15 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

Yes, because a few hours is a lot longer than 1 minute.

Some of the spammers are already leveled up some. If they're actually making profit, I don't think a level requirement of as low as they'd have to set it, would affect them at all.
So, next idea. kthx.

#16 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Some of the spammers are already leveled up some. If they're actually making profit, I don't think a level requirement of as low as they'd have to set it, would affect them at all.
So, next idea. kthx.

You are entitled to your opinion. Same with me. Repeatably ban the lvl 20+ characters and they will need to level more characters. Sure it doesn't take that long to level characters to a low lvl, but it is still an inconvenience that would slow them down some. Also, it would keep them out of higher level towns like libra. Why you mad?

#17 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

You are entitled to your opinion. Same with me. Repeatably ban the lvl 20+ characters and they will need to level more characters. Sure it doesn't take that long to level characters to a low lvl, but it is still an inconvenience that would slow them down some. Also, it would keep them out of higher level towns like libra. Why you mad?

I'm not mad ;D Have I ever been mad? I'd personally like to see some in game moderation. It'd be nice. At least once in a while. Are there ever gold spammers even in libra?

#18 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

I'm not mad ;D Have I ever been mad? I'd personally like to see some in game moderation. It'd be nice. At least once in a while. Are there ever gold spammers even in libra?

In THQ there were, but luckily, I don't think we have had any in the Libra of Dragon Saga so far; however, that doesn't mean we won't see them in the future. Obviously, we wouldn't need any other sort of preventative measures to slow spammers down if there was always a GM running around town swinging about his Ban Hammer like Gallagher crushing watermelons, but I'm just not sure if that is realistic. I'd love to see more GM presence as well. Would be nice to have the WP team do a good sweep of the area and exterminate the bots from time to time, but I just think it might be nice to have some preventative measures and traps to scare away some of the stupider pests before they can actually infiltrate our towns. You know, laser grids, lvl requirements, better bot checks, letting you pk people who spam too much, that sort of thing. I guess, with a lot of suggestions, you really can't know for sure if they will be effective or not until they are implemented, and the spammers haven't become a huge problem yet, but if they do become more of a nuisance, I certainly approve of anything that could cause them mild to severe irritation. ;]

Edited by Maronu, 28 November 2010 - 05:03 PM.

#19 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

As much as I don't support these gold sellers and their methods, the market could really use such gold injections from them =/

Edited by Mikay, 28 November 2010 - 05:09 PM.

#20 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

As much as I don't support these gold sellers and their methods, the market could really use such gold injections from them =/

The market has plenty of gold floating around right now. Just because no one wants to buy your overpriced kimarts for 40kg doesn't mean that people don't have gold.

#21 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

You really cant talk about over-pricing items, and i thought you didn't care yet you posted once again.
Since you really do care so much, I actually did reach my reserve price for them. Not 40k, but very close =]

As for the reasons why the market may require some form of gold injections, here's some:
- People resorting to spending excessive amounts of $$$ to sell cash items for gold
- Not being able to farm gold like we could before (aram, crystal lake, set pieces, bone dragon, boss equips)
which leaves the majority of players with very limited ways to build their banks as quickly as we could before.
- People not willing to buy cash items such as insurance scrolls for an even 1:1 ratio (1 gold for 1 IM point)
which forces sellers to lower their prices even further.
- Value of equips dropping considerably, (perhaps relates to randomizers more so, but still important)
- The cost of upgrading equips especially soul-crafting is considerably higher than before with reduced success rates
- Players lvling to 60 or 65 with equips from the 50's, suggesting that they are easily able to level, but
not easily able to afford new equips.

Edited by Mikay, 29 November 2010 - 02:09 AM.

#22 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:54 AM

You really cant talk about over-pricing items, and i thought you didn't care yet you posted once again.
Since you really do care so much, I actually did reach my reserve price for them. Not 40k, but very close =]

As for the reasons why the market may require some form of gold injections, here's some:
- People resorting to spending excessive amounts of $$ to sell cash items for gold
- Not being able to farm gold like we could before (aram, crystal lake, set pieces, bone dragon, boss equips)
which leaves the majority of players with very limited ways to build their banks as quickly as we could before.
- People not willing to buy cash items such as insurance scrolls for an even 1:1 ratio (1 gold for 1 IM point)
which forces sellers to lower their prices even further.
- Value of equips dropping considerably, (perhaps relates to randomizers more so, but still important)
- The cost of upgrading equips especially soul-crafting is considerably higher than before with reduced success rates
- Players lvling to 60 or 65 with equips from the 50's, suggesting that they are easily able to level, but
not easily able to afford new equips.

- So buying gold from gold sellers doesn't mean spending excessive amounts of money to obtain gold? If anything, purchasing IM and selling it is much cheaper than buying gold from those websites (not to mention, safer, too).
- Farming gold is actually easier now. CSS gives plenty of money, and so does set hunting.
- The reason why people don't buy insurances is because they nerfed soulcraft rates down the drain, and most people don't bother enchanting to begin with.
- Values of equips dropping is obviously due to randomizers, as they dropped straight after the release of randomizers.
- This part I can agree with.
- I''m not quite sure, but I've used level 54 equips until I was 65, and I'm sure plenty of other people have, too. I do get your point, but the phrasing isn't quite correct.

#23 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

^That and people are still trying to sell "crap" on the market. The randomizers are harder to access now. But people are still trying to sell a [adv] lvl 56 warrior weapon with max magic attack + X% for 200-300 gold. Come on, really? We don in fact have to watch money spending a little more, but when most of the merchandise is useless, it's not going to sell. The good stuff does sell though. Look at all the old bone dragon armor that used to be up for warriors. Most of it is gone now. And sadly so is my dream of getting a complete myrmidon old BD set, lol. At least with out moderate searching. Woes....

Edited by chaosdragoon1, 29 November 2010 - 11:24 AM.

#24 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

Gold farmers do not inject gold into the economy!
Most of the gold that the people on those website bring back into the economy is botted, hacked from other players, or got from playing the market. With the exception of a small amount of gold that they could possibly get from selling weapons and armor to NPC's, the gold they are "selling" is money that already existed in the economy, which was scammed or acquired through marketing. Sellers aren't injecting gold, more like items. If they are botting, they introduce a greater supply of items into the market and cause prices to decrease further, which leads to less circulation of gold. If you want for items to sell more quickly, and you think the economy needs a larger gold supply, we need more players. The solution is not to buy gold from fishy websites because that will only cause the circulation of currency to slow down.

Edited by Maronu, 29 November 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#25 Mikay

Mikay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

- So buying gold from gold sellers doesn't mean spending excessive amounts of money to obtain gold? If anything, purchasing IM and selling it is much cheaper than buying gold from those websites (not to mention, safer, too).
- Farming gold is actually easier now. CSS gives plenty of money, and so does set hunting.
- The reason why people don't buy insurances is because they nerfed soulcraft rates down the drain, and most people don't bother enchanting to begin with.
- Values of equips dropping is obviously due to randomizers, as they dropped straight after the release of randomizers.
- This part I can agree with.
- I''m not quite sure, but I've used level 54 equips until I was 65, and I'm sure plenty of other people have, too. I do get your point, but the phrasing isn't quite correct.

- Usually the gold sellers sell the gold for a cheaper rate compared to buying IM points and buying IM items to sell for gold.
Plus when you buy pure gold, you get pure gold you don't have to worry about getting cash items and waiting days for it to sell.
- I've been doing many CSS runs, although I kill faster than b4 I have not been earning as much as b4 (eg I use to take the rings, ears and capes
and soulcraft them with aim rate which was worth something then). Plus DSS is several times harder to farm now without CL for lvls 55+
- Set hunting is definitely harder now using gada coins, which weren't required b4, plus the pieces aren't worth as much anymore.
- Insurances was only one example, almost all IM items for sale in the market need to be 1:1 or lower to actually sell.
Plus soul is still selling for a relatively higher price compared to THQ days, suggesting that ppl are still soulcrafting despite the rates.
- Before randomizers I was still struggling to sell farmed equips from THQ for relatively cheap prices, and so was many other ppl.
Randomizers only pushed the prices down a hell of alot further.
- Yesterday I saw a lvl 65 without a single set piece and a lvl 51 +0 weapon. And there's plenty of players floating around who
don't bother to upgrade their equips what so ever. Price may be a factor there or they just dont know how to farm gold without CL

Moving on...
Alot of games have the ability to purchase gold either from the game's shop, or from gold sellers. These games rely on these kinds
of sellers despite how they act so against it (especially when the sellers resort to hacking/botting to obtain the gold). Ppl buy gold the gold,
they then usually spend it in the market since they have an increased willingness to buy up. If those gold sellers are taking from other players
then sure that will only hurt the economy, but most of them use botting techniques to farm gold through killing monsters and perhaps npcing the
equips or maybe selling soul idk. Like I mentioned earlier I don't support them in any way, but the current state of the economy does need
some form of a boost. More players farming would indeed boost the economy, but it's not a very tasteful solution for many.

Edited by Mikay, 29 November 2010 - 02:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users