iRO closing soon? true or not? - Page 2 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

iRO closing soon? true or not?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

#26 Orcrist08

Orcrist08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:08 AM

since when is paying real money for fake items a good investment, anywhere?

Im not just talking about money, investment = money, time, effort and other resources. Imagine someone played this game for 10000 hours and it will just close out without saying anything. I don't want that to happen to me hehehe

#27 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:19 AM

just have iRO take over ruRO (which has closed), and euRO (a server that's ACTUALLY on its last legs).

nom nom nom

#28 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:24 AM

Because every time a server closes it happens from one day to another without previous warning to the players mhmmm
P servers maybe

#29 Raitonagata

Raitonagata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Location( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º) o Y o ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos ( QUIT !! )

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:24 AM

since 2020 is no more as perma ban, they extend it to 2067, so surely legit it will survive 2067

the real question suppose to be "will i live longer to see the fall of iRO"

#30 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:25 AM

Im not just talking about money, investment = money, time, effort and other resources. Imagine someone played this game for 10000 hours and it will just close out without saying anything. I don't want that to happen to me hehehe

Every game will close one day, eventually. But I'm pretty sure they will let you know in advance when that happens. Wellll just move on? If you think you can't bare the pain of losing something, just don't be too attached. (or don't invest)

#31 Orcrist08

Orcrist08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

since 2020 is no more as perma ban, they extend it to 2067, so surely legit it will survive 2067
the real question suppose to be "will i live longer to see the fall of iRO"

The possibility is high that it will close in the near future, imagine right now the servers on chaos are only getting 2500-3000 players online, including the alt accounts, vend accounts, and the thousands of bot armies roaming around. less than 50-30% are actually paying the service or even lower.

#32 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

Don't forget gameflier(mRO) LU(pRO) we are extinct species..treat us well qq

I doubt Korean Gravity gonna go downhill...my concern is can Gravity Interactive/WP generate enough profit to cover the cost+maintenance+whatever to keep the server running ><

#33 Orcrist08

Orcrist08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

Every game will close one day, eventually. But I'm pretty sure they will let you know in advance when that happens. Wellll just move on? If you think you can't bare the pain of losing something, just don't be too attached. (or don't invest)

Yeah thats why im going to move on already. And tbh even if they say about closing the servers, its will still be too late for the players. Because according to warpportal agreement clause they dont have any responsibility of refunding or even giving players compensation when that happens.

#34 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:35 AM

It's been 3000 for a while. Peaks during summer breaks in the US so the number right now is slightly less

pat pat if you thought they would refund you virtual goods in cash or whatever lol 

Edited by Richkr, 05 November 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#35 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:36 AM

I cant even
I lost my hability to even

#36 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:37 AM

tumblr_nuiondZgxr1uzva0io1_500.gif

#37 Orcrist08

Orcrist08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:38 AM

Don't forget gameflier(mRO) LU(pRO) we are extinct species..treat us well qq

I doubt Korean Gravity gonna go downhill...my concern is can Gravity Interactive/WP generate enough profit to cover the cost+maintenance+whatever to keep the server running ><

That the very thing im more concerned over, the stocks i've shown is the main company GRAVITY CO. dont you think if the main dies out, the others will remain? I highly doubt it, even STEAM is no longer putting in investments in GRAVITY, they are just trying to maintain the ones they have right now.

#38 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

Wow, and letting the server kno timer was called a free post count.

#39 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Did it ever occur to you people the maybe he's asking this because of the November 15-17 shut down distorted into a rumor about operations ceasing permanently? Or that it's normal for stock fluctuations to happen?

No, Gravity is not shutting down as far as the public and customers know. No, Warpportal is just a renaming of Gravity Interactive, the North American division and subsidiary of Gravity LTD and therefore in direct affiliation. No, RO will be around for quite awhile since people like to be nostalgic.

Edited by Saralen, 05 November 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#40 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

i didn't know you became a mind reader.

#41 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:08 AM

i didn't know you became a mind reader.

Not really, it's just common sense.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:10 AM

And because it was mentioned

the tree game is crap and like every other RO killer out there it'll hit the playerbase for a couple months then most people come back

#43 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:17 AM

And because it was mentioned

the tree game is crap and like every other RO killer out there it'll hit the playerbase for a couple months then most people come back

Relax. There's no need to bash another game for the sake of die-hard loyalty.

You-know-what is still closed beta, it's supposed to be crappy and buggy. Leave it be and let it grow on it's own. If people come back here because they miss it, good for iRO, if it grows and overtakes beyond expectations, good for the MMO community.

#44 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

That the very thing im more concerned over, the stocks i've shown is the main company GRAVITY CO. dont you think if the main dies out, the others will remain? I highly doubt it, even STEAM is no longer putting in investments in GRAVITY, they are just trying to maintain the ones they have right now.

Haha the main company might change strategy, product, core-product before that happening. Maybe they gonna venture out telco, IT, software who knows...Ragnarok will be around, if some company buy it.

#45 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:28 AM

:p_sleep:

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:29 AM

Relax. There's no need to bash another game for the sake of die-hard loyalty.

You-know-what is still closed beta, it's supposed to be crappy and buggy. Leave it be and let it grow on it's own. If people come back here because they miss it, good for iRO, if it grows and overtakes beyond expectations, good for the MMO community.

RO isn't in beta and it's crappy and buggy, but I digress. That's not why I said it.

If anything that-game-which-shall-not-be-named will draw players back, not away.

MMOs are a dying breed sadly. That which we wanted from RO many years ago is not something that is ever going to be good in the market. It's not viable anymore to profit from the old style of game that RO is - kids nowadays are too impatient!

#47 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:30 AM

Sugar-fight-fight-fight.gif

#48 yuckani

yuckani

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:30 AM

:p_sleep:

Wake up poring :p_laugh:  !!

#49 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:31 AM

Wake up poring :p_laugh:  !!

:p_laugh:  !

#50 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:37 AM

RO isn't in beta and it's crappy and buggy, but I digress. That's not why I said it.

If anything that-game-which-shall-not-be-named will draw players back, not away.

MMOs are a dying breed sadly. That which we wanted from RO many years ago is not something that is ever going to be good in the market. It's not viable anymore to profit from the old style of game that RO is - kids nowadays are too impatient!

No it isn't, but it sure is laggy and mismanaged.

With all respect and amiability I hope you're wrong. I'd prefer you-know-what end their similarity with the creator and composer. RO and you-know-what should be considered separate and not allowed to be contaminated by the bad parts and culture of the other.

It's to be expected. It's just the way of the world. People are so busy these days that they can only play casual social games on smartphones, or if you're younger and a hardcore gamer, a 2.5-D isometric game that features a population on the decline pushing their mid-twenties and above is just not the place to be seen anymore. Can you really imagine yourself playing text-based RPG games where the only thing you do is type on a black screen with glowing green words with no graphics?

I'm not condemning you or your opinion just so we're clear. I respect you for your contributions to Classic. Just, please, look at other views with a grain of salt and objectivity instead of blinding loyalty.

Edited by Saralen, 05 November 2015 - 07:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users