November 12 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 12 Classic Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Still building things out for next week, but some initial things to announce

Announcements: 

We are celebrating Veteran's day in the US this Wednesday so we will be having our weekly maintenance on Thursday instead of Wednesday. We're doing a billing maintenance on that day so we also must adjust the time to 1-5pm PST (GMT -8)

Warpportal is moving servers starting on Monday, November 16th and ending on the 18th. We are estimating up to 48 hours for the hardware to be moved to it's new home, during this time our games and websites will not be available. The time and dates of the move are subject to change, but this time is fairly finalized. We will be taking the games and servers down at 3am PST. 

Ongoing events

Halloween events depart for the land of the dead!

Tweaks to challenge dungeon based on feedback

Spooktober Lucky Box leaves

New this week 

We're adding a NPC in the Asgard Training village that will warp VIP users to the Abyss Lake or Ice Dungeon TI maps

New Groove Pack Arrives! Items that are new or haven't been in for a while:

-Choco Donut

-Skull Cap[1]

-Holy Marching Hat

Upcoming

Likely we'll be doing event WoEs this holiday season so if there's a mode or restriction you'd like to see for WoEs this December let us know!

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

Event WoEs will be awesome hopefully! Glad you're accepting input.

#3 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

that text colour + deviant skin = sad day highlighting forever =(

pretrans/heritage woe with no mvps/minis/gods would be nice

Edited by needmorezleep, 05 November 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#4 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

a non-trans woe would be awesome :P

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

Novice only woe was the best one from last year. The no reductions siege was also very fun too.

If you're going to do no gods, make sure you remove the rental god items from the pool this time.

Also stop treasure from spawning (I know it was spawning in the 1.0 forts towards the end).

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

oh hmm there's going to be woe on the 15th after all? I think people already made plans because of the previous post.

#7 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

No god mvps or mini boss k thanks :) for both woes if possible if not make it for Sunday I'll miss football and car shows for that

Edited by zerowon, 05 November 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:11 PM

We are building out the groove pack so please make sure to give your suggestions in the foundry thread!

#9 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

Could we please have bloody branch in the box ? :D

Edited by PaulElgan, 05 November 2015 - 08:22 PM.

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

Thursday Maintenance will happen from 1-5pm PST to accommodate a billing maintenance.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

NEVER EVER DO THIS

#12 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:09 PM

That's quite possibly the silliest thing anyone has asked for with regards to this server. You know very well BB stockpiling from an abusable, renewable source like boxes - keeping in mind the penchant of our community to blow hundreds in irl cash and billions in zeny on those sorts of things - and the subsequent influx of MVP cards, would be the final nail in Classic's coffin. It would totally isolate anyone that wouldn't be able to take advantage of it, and any new players from the point at which they're introduced that way. The market would become totally saturated and no good would come from it, since it would just widen the already cataclysmic divide between the haves and have nots.

I mean hell people already complain about the fact that MVP cards on the server have a massive impact, and every time somebody proposes an event or a tournament or something like that the first thing people collectively ask for is NO GODS OR MVPS because they completely ruin competitive balance. RO really wasn't designed for those cards to be freely available and you can see it in how fights between MVP-wielders go down.

Big no from me. I'd crusade to the ends of the earth to keep that Manure out of boxes.

If you want to get yourself some BBs then there's a quest you can do anyway. It doesn't reward many and not all the time but it doles them out at a sensible rate that won't <> over the server with a tidal wave of MVPs as your box proposal would.

Edited by Oda, 06 November 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:46 PM

What sort of experience would people like to see from the Challenge Dungeon monsters?

Did you want to see a 1:1 job/base ratio (labs) or something like the 1:2 DG ratio.

Personally I think a 1:1 seems reasonable and something like 40-60k each?

#14 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

That's quite possibly the silliest thing anyone has asked for with regards to this server. You know very well BB stockpiling from an abusable, renewable source like boxes - keeping in mind the penchant of our community to blow hundreds in irl cash and billions in zeny on those sorts of things - and the subsequent influx of MVP cards, would be the final nail in Classic's coffin. It would totally isolate anyone that wouldn't be able to take advantage of it, and any new players from the point at which they're introduced that way. The market would become totally saturated and no good would come from it, since it would just widen the already cataclysmic divide between the haves and have nots.

I mean hell people already complain about the fact that MVP cards on the server have a massive impact, and every time somebody proposes an event or a tournament or something like that the first thing people collectively ask for is NO GODS OR MVPS because they completely ruin competitive balance. RO really wasn't designed for those cards to be freely available and you can see it in how fights between MVP-wielders go down.

Big no from me. I'd crusade to the ends of the earth to keep that Manure out of boxes.

If you want to get yourself some BBs then there's a quest you can do anyway. It doesn't reward many and not all the time but it doles them out at a sensible rate that won't <> over the server with a tidal wave of MVPs as your box proposal would.

+1

Edited by dzmL, 07 November 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#15 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:19 AM

[Sarcasm]Yeah, I mean why put it in boxes when there's a easily exploitable quest already available that's limited to a few guilds at a time. [/Sarcasm]

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:22 AM

Glad you agree. It's good to see people rewarded for teamwork rather than pay to win.

Edited by Xellie, 08 November 2015 - 04:25 AM.

#17 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:26 AM

I feel left out of double posting like the rest of these plebeians.

<If you believe there is abuse occurring please contact the GM Team, Campitor or myself instead of posting it on the forums. Thank you!>

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:28 AM

This is a serious case of moral ambiguity, I might suggest taking your personal feelings out of patch threads. I am aware that you have used this quest to a large extent.

It's already been reported previously anyway. I'll pass your concerns on once again and see if that has changed, but I quite like the fact there's still a competitive viable reward for WoE 2.

If anything it should be expanded upon :p_idea:

Edited by Xellie, 08 November 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#19 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

I feel left out of double posting like the rest of these plebeians.

So the WoE 2 GD quest resets Kublin(which should be once a week) to every hour. Which gives boxes that are highly desirable(Foods/Agate/Bloody Branches) for little to no effort.

#ExploitAwareness

I am confused, do you want BBs on server or not, it seems like you want it to be p2win instead of having to play for it.

#20 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

I am confused, do you want BBs on server or not, it seems like you want it to be p2win instead of having to play for it.

At this stage of the sever they should be in boxes. Make it so you can get 5 a box and make the rates low.

#21 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:26 AM

At this stage of the sever they should be in boxes. Make it so you can get 5 a box and make the rates low.

So that more people go like "TOO MANY MVP CARDS ON SERVER, PLEASE DISABLE IN WOE"

#22 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:32 AM

Why is it a foregone conclusion that the event is a bug? And how is repeating a repeatable quest exploitative?

Edited by Shomaye, 08 November 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

Since only a few guilds can talk to grunburti maybe Megingjards should be put in lucky boxes.

Competition is such an outdated concept

Same thing applies to Okolnir ... or god item parts.... Only a few guilds can access those, it's time to put them into lucky boxes!

Please don't ban us for repeating the creation quests :p_swt:

Edited by Xellie, 08 November 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#24 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

Could the event WoEs be used as a test for no alliance mechanics? It seems rather strange that there are three mid-sized guilds all with god items/mvp cards allianced vs small guilds who have neither of those things. 

In an ideal server these guilds would be fighting with other guilds who are on par with them regarding equipment and size, not allianced vs those who are disadvantaged. 

#25 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:17 AM

can we get free bio3 scrolls too thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users