November 12 Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 12 Classic Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:46 AM

re challenge dungeon : I think the proposed new map was geffen 4

#52 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:52 PM

Upcoming

Likely we'll be doing event WoEs this holiday season so if there's a mode or restriction you'd like to see for WoEs this December let us know!

Pre-Trans 99/50
No BG/Satan Morroc/Valk/Gods gears/MVP cards.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 16 November 2015 - 11:18 PM.

#53 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

Pre-Trans 99/50
No BG/Satan Morroc/Valk/Gods gears/MVP cards.

Seconded!

Tho it would be nice to have pre-trans WoE as a permanent feature in some respect >.>

#54 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

Pretrans loses its novelty extremely fast though. It will be mildly interesting for a month, maybe two. After that it will quickly die, just like in every other server.

#55 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

pretrans are the biggest and longest lived servers though for the majority of the world anyway

#56 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

Changes need to happen in WoE that are more long-term than just event WoEs. The last three Weeks of Choobs suggest that there are too many castles for this server's population. 

#57 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

Changes need to happen in WoE that are more long-term than just event WoEs. The last three Weeks of Choobs suggest that there are too many castles for this server's population. 

^ I can agree to that in case of WoE2 castles, they are definately an issue, guilds are having a farmfest since theres like 5 guilds that even do WoE2 on classic. And maybe 3 that even bother going out of their castles.

WoE1 is still okay imo, atleast it gives new budding guilds to try their luck and go for some forts, and every now and then they succeed.

Edited by Heart, 17 November 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#58 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

woe1 is starting to make me understand why some people call for no alliances, especially when there are some guilds i'd love to 1v1 but i can't pry them away from others. allying up ourselves seems tedious and bothersome because i'm lazy as heck but if it became the only way to deal with things i suppose i'd try to work something out if we got mondo frustrated.

pretrans are the biggest and longest lived servers though for the majority of the world anyway

i would play this if i could get friends in on it, but mainly i wanted to say your pkmn sig is Cool and Good.

#59 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

Same as woe 2 too. It's retarded

#60 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

I think everyone who plays is aware, but what do we change? Everyones experience is a little different and it's very hard to find an approach that solves all the issues without creating new ones. Ideally we would have a discussion about it but a lot of groups go unrepresented because they dont want to get involved on account of how quickly the conversations snowball into poop flinging. I was pretty impressed with the Renewal thread about similar issues, but I highly doubt we could keep up a similar one, I just had a quick look at the roadmap thread from earlier this year and mod edits start popping up on the second page.

WoE1 is still okay imo, atleast it gives new budding guilds to try their luck and go for some forts, and every now and then they succeed.

1.0 is just as bad, there's two times the number of forts but maybe only two or three extra (small) guilds participating. It's *very* hard to figure out where the action is at any given time because people spend a lot of time avoiding this group or that group and there's never any focus on one fort because there's just as little econ in them all because who cares, you get plenty of pieces from a 1.0 fort and barely anyone is interested in making an item because 1.0 creation is dumb as hell.

woe1 is starting to make me understand why some people call for no alliances, especially when there are some guilds i'd love to 1v1 but i can't pry them away from others. allying up ourselves seems tedious and bothersome because i'm lazy as heck but if it became the only way to deal with things i suppose i'd try to work something out if we got mondo frustrated.

Unfortunately removing alliances doesnt really help, people who want to work together will. Part of the problem is what I said above, it's hard to find out where things are happening, so people are quick to flock to one or two places and alliances that get created for the purpose of fighting larger groups conflict heavily with smaller fights inside a fort. In 1.0 we try fairly hard to avoid fights like that and spend time defending/attacking alone, but due to the small nature of the server it's almost inevitable that when fights break out our ally will wind up fighting in the earlier rooms, not to help us, but because that's where the people are.

#61 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:40 AM

Pretrans loses its novelty extremely fast though. It will be mildly interesting for a month, maybe two. After that it will quickly die, just like in every other server.

Pretrans "died" on every other server because it was always intended to be a temporary measure. If there was an option for permament pretrans, I assure you it always has been more popular. You only have to look at the biggest/longest-lived servers across the world to realize that most of them happen to be permanently pretrans. 

#62 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

Pretrans "died" on every other server because it was always intended to be a temporary measure. If there was an option for permament pretrans, I assure you it always has been more popular. You only have to look at the biggest/longest-lived servers across the world to realize that most of them happen to be permanently pretrans. 

and what servers are you talking about?

#63 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

you might just say that dragon summon from final fantasy and the creator of mjolnir one having more legitment players than the combined total of iro's 3 servers + euro lul

also pretrans woe means the now trash gear is useful and gives more money to new players since +d items matter a ton in pretrans as there is no real effective defence piercing skills for those classes and it does take a lot less to invest in compared to prenewal

#64 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:10 AM

This is what happens on our side.
First hour of woe, check friendlist. Which guild leader is online so we can ask "hey where u are man, we want to gvg". Replied with "hang on, only 3 of us online right now".

Then I was like "each of u go to one realm each in pairs, u go balder, u there go brit, u there go valk and i go luina, any action please broadcast in guild chat".

"Hey we got action in luina, ok urgent call."
Bam we're here, oh it's xxx guild. Let's showdown.. Then after one fight, all gone.

Repeat, go to 1 realm each, find another fight. Not too big because one hwiz with fbh and sac can kill all of us in 1 shot.

Last hour of woe, no choice. Too many old friends/nemesis quit iro, let's make a mess with the big guild showdown. *wipeoff

last hour of woe, half the fun of woe had gone. Time to make a fort and defend. Defend till last 10 minutes, and i honestly said, last 10 minutes is the only we get to actually play. I miss 2014

Edited by AmericanPie, 18 November 2015 - 04:12 AM.

#65 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:58 AM

A Permanent Pretrans option would probably play out much like renewal's TE. Is that dead? No, it isn't.

Regarding alliances, I think many people were discouraged by what happened in the past month. To fill this in for those who didn't notice, the three biggest guilds with access to Godlike Items and MVP cards decided to alliance with each other and defend a castle in WoE 1.

This is obviously quite brutal for the smaller guilds out there, none of the active participants seem to own any Godlikes or MVPs of note.

Then according to the livestream I watch, they abandoned it the moment a guild surfaced that could compete. There is a refusal to fight among these guilds. I can't think of a reason for them to alliance against guilds such as the above poster (the 5 origin, I think?) or any guild in WoE 1.

First hour of woe, check friendlist. Which guild leader is online so we can ask "hey where u are man, we want to gvg"

Does this actually happen? Guildmasters PM each other asking for a friendly sparring match because there is nobody to fight? What the heck?

As for WoE 2. I wouldn't be surprised if some big guilds just let all these small guilds make the Godlike quest available then just take it when they see fit.

#66 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:06 AM

A Permanent Pretrans option would probably play out much like renewal's TE. Is that dead? No, it isn't.

it kinda is.

#67 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

Does this actually happen? Guildmasters PM each other asking for a friendly sparring match because there is nobody to fight? What the heck?

It actually is. I also getting pm from non friendlist sometimes asking for gvg. Pvp is dead, people won't bother wasting their supplies to do pvp. Might be because we're mid tierred guild and people just want the fun to spar at medium numbers of players

Edited by AmericanPie, 18 November 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#68 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:49 AM

Pretrans se woe without gods, mvp/boss cards and slotted mids. That's pretty fun

#69 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

It actually is. I also getting pm from non friendlist sometimes asking for gvg. Pvp is dead, people won't bother wasting their supplies to do pvp. Might be because we're mid tierred guild and people just want the fun to spar at medium numbers of players

In order to understand the situation better could you please tell me the following?

- Which guilds you're friendly with and don't gvg.

- Which guilds you're friendly with and do gvg.

- Which unfriendly guilds you feel are too strong.

- Your alliances.

I want to make a suggestion based on another server I played, but it might not be appropriate for iRO Classic so I would like to build up an accurate picture of the situation. Maybe a tier list would help.

#70 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

Is launching a new server still not something WP would be willing to consider?

#71 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:23 PM

To fill this in for those who didn't notice, the three biggest guilds with access to Godlike Items and MVP cards decided to alliance with each other and defend a castle in WoE 1.

Who exactly are you referring to?

#72 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

The alliance of Britoniah 4, which my guild was fighting against with ten people.

I am simply curious as to why alliances are allowed when most guilds do not have access to such items or numbers.

#73 bootywarriorr

bootywarriorr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ilovecheesecake

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

No alliance woe, no gods. 

#74 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

Who exactly are you referring to?

you know who we are referring to, theres like only one big alliance on the server.

They had a massive pre-cast and defending with all 3 guilds while our Guild leader was away.

The week she comes back, we expect to have an exiciting fight and have fun, they abandon the castle.

Wow.

In order to understand the situation better could you please tell me the following?

- Which guilds you're friendly with and don't gvg.

- Which guilds you're friendly with and do gvg.

- Which unfriendly guilds you feel are too strong.

- Your alliances.

I want to make a suggestion based on another server I played, but it might not be appropriate for iRO Classic so I would like to build up an accurate picture of the situation. Maybe a tier list would help.

I was planning on making and maintaining a post for alliances/Guilds similar to the one that used to exist on irowiki forums back in the days. Not sure if its gonna work though.

Edited by Heart, 18 November 2015 - 09:22 PM.

#75 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

you know who we are referring to, theres like only one big alliance on the server.

They had a massive pre-cast and defending with all 3 guilds while our Guild leader was away.

The week she comes back, we expect to have an exiciting fight and have fun, they abandon the castle.

Wow.

I actually thought they were talking about the other alliance that popped up last week.

The alliance you're talking about has been present for a fairly long time, initially created when there were two very big, very strong groups of players on the server and the three smaller/more casual guilds needed to band together to even consider existing (one has since essentially disappeared). Those guilds on their own can happily exist alone and participate in 1.0 against a majority of guilds (except one obviously) which we tend to do, the only time we work together is to defend an econ, like we had been doing, because if it was just either of the two guilds the one guild would just walk in and take it.

However at the beginning of last weekends 1.0 we realised that we were heavily outnumbered and our guild leader wasnt present so we didnt bother. Sorry you guys missed out, but honestly nothing would have happened, it would have broken before we could have even got set up in there. What happened after that was quite obnoxious, I really didnt enjoy being followed around by a character placed in our inn scouting, we had 12 players and no leader/recaller. We would have been happy to fight on our own terms, unfortunately we never really got the opportunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users