[Idea] MOBA-Like Server - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Idea] MOBA-Like Server

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:40 PM

The idea: The idea is to create a MOBA-Like server that is purely competitive and rewards players in Main server. Also it'd reset every x months rewarding the top tier players/guilds something they'd be able to retrieve in the next season

Spoiler

Why?:TI'm suggesting this, because it's clear the Chaos server now is totally PvE-Oriented, new players simply can't enter the WoE scenario because the gap between them and already established guilds is incredibly high, guilds now have gathered hundreds of Gods/MvPs from older servers (Some farming dead servers but hey, pshhhh :x).

I know the staff is busy with Thor right now, but since the Russian server will end this month, that'd be a nice workaround for all the newplayers that will arrive here. I also know that this might be impossible right now, but I'd just like to discuss the avaiability of this idea.

Edited by Tanzanito, 10 November 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

There was, it was called Valkyrie, it was merged, many lost the will to play.

#3 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

There was, it was called Valkyrie, it was merged, many lost the will to play.

And it was one of the most successful servers. What would be the problem of doing that again?

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

And it was one of the most successful servers. What would be the problem of doing that again?

Couple of reasons,

Firstly, it would give off the vibe of a ladder type game, which RO is not suited to for many reasons.

Secondly, it would eventually merge.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

They tried this with Valkyrie and then again with Yggdrasil. It's been proven time and time again it will not bring in fresh blood, it just moves current players around.

#6 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:19 AM

They tried this with Valkyrie and then again with Yggdrasil. It's been proven time and time again it will not bring in fresh blood, it just moves current players around.

At the time there wasn't so many official servers shutting down. pRO closed recently, bRO is already dying (Most of people migrated to iRO) and the russian server will also be closed in a couple of days.

I mean, there IS fresh blood to be there and I'm pretty sure most of people will like to see how's a WoE like and also having the opportunity to start a guild that actually stand a chance in WoE.

The Chaos Server, the way it is right now is only fun to those that already play here for 3 years+ or spent 'sheetloads' of money through RMT or WPE selling. As we already have seen in those 'Current State of WoE' threads, there's nothing to be done if the actual guild leaders don't stop the mobally game and again as we've already seen, they won't stop.

Edited by Tanzanito, 10 November 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:12 AM

my guess is that ruRO players might get welcomed at Thor. Chaos will remain as it is. might as well make Thor a place for every dead local servers.

#8 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:21 AM

my guess is that ruRO players might get welcomed at Thor. Chaos will remain as it is. might as well make Thor a place for every dead local servers.

I highly doubt that, since pRO got some ridiculous items, MvPs beind sold for KP and all those +20 gear.

#9 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:57 AM

Probably wouldn't be worth considering with the current state of the game. It may be worth revisiting if/when iRO gets all its missing updates and 90%+ of the known bugs are fixed.

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:42 AM

I highly doubt that, since pRO got some ridiculous items, MvPs beind sold for KP and all those +20 gear.

except no mvps and god items were supposed to have migrated over to thor? it's not like everyone and their brother is running around in that stuff. eventually all gear is going to be reduced to +15 as well.

thor economy is shot, but it's not because of mvps and overupped items.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

At the time there wasn't so many official servers shutting down. pRO closed recently, bRO is already dying (Most of people migrated to iRO) and the russian server will also be closed in a couple of days.

I mean, there IS fresh blood to be there and I'm pretty sure most of people will like to see how's a WoE like and also having the opportunity to start a guild that actually stand a chance in WoE.

The Chaos Server, the way it is right now is only fun to those that already play here for 3 years+ or spent 'sheetloads' of money through RMT or WPE selling. As we already have seen in those 'Current State of WoE' threads, there's nothing to be done if the actual guild leaders don't stop the mobally game and again as we've already seen, they won't stop.

ruRO players aren't fresh blood, RO needs new players coming into the game to replace those that get bored or fed up with the game.

#12 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

ruRO players aren't fresh blood, RO needs new players coming into the game to replace those that get bored or fed up with the game.

By fresh blood I mean: Guilds/Players that want to play a good server but also want to WoE (Which is pretty impossible atm)

And forget about that, with that huge amount of MMOs and specially MOBAs growing up, people won't come to RO unless they're related (Brothers, Cousins, Kids) of someone that've already played. We gotta work with the playerbase we actually GOT and is still hooked into RO, not with the potential players that are playing LoL, CSGO, RO2 etc. They're not used to grinding and long-term rewards, they just want to log in and play the fun part.

Edited by Tanzanito, 10 November 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

Wrong-o, we absorbed a chunk of Europe at one point and Oceania at another to staff fresh start Iris server and Gravity squashed that with bad management.

I'm sorry, but this idea of yours isn't good. Its not even new, and its very misinformed. I apologize for the critical words, but they are true.

Edited by Jaye, 10 November 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#14 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

Wrong-o, we absorbed a chunk of Europe at one point and Oceania at another to staff fresh start Iris server and Gravity squashed that with bad management.

I'm sorry, but this idea of yours isn't good. Its not even new, and its very misinformed. I apologize for the critical words, but they are true.

Ok, but Gravity was in charge of server's management? I didn't play back then, but it was the only solution to the actual(not so actual) problem that we have in WoE Scenario.

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

Gravity is and was in charge. Warportal is gravity's brand.

#16 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

Gravity is and was in charge. Warportal is gravity's brand.

But the server's management is WP's responsability isn't it? As far as I know,  WP is an dev/publisher that receives updates from Gravity, but the administration of what happens on iRO is still their fault

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

There are players that leave because of iRO mismanagement. A new server wouldn't be enough to entice people, it'll just get merged after its novelty status wears off.

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

But the server's management is WP's responsability isn't it? As far as I know,  WP is an dev/publisher that receives updates from Gravity, but the administration of what happens on iRO is still their fault

The way I see it, they should focus on fixing the game and managing the servers they have now before even contimplating this idea in any way shape or form, or you will have a "classic"al mistake on their hands o3o!!!

#19 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

The way I see it, they should focus on fixing the game and managing the servers they have now before even contimplating this idea in any way shape or form, or you will have a "classic"al mistake on their hands o3o!!!

Yea, that's a great idea too, but how they'll fix the WoE Scenario? I mean, those custom jRO sprites are all fun and games but they still doesn't change anything, current WoE is crap and new players won't be able to get into it.

Edited by Tanzanito, 10 November 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#20 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

There are players that leave because of iRO mismanagement. A new server wouldn't be enough to entice people, it'll just get merged after its novelty status wears off.

I'm speaking about >new players<. As you already noticed, there's LOADS of PH/BR people starting in here and there's a huge amount of them that were playing RO basically because of WoE in their old servers, so, they arrive here and gotta compete against full gods/mvps alliances, they won't even try.

#21 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

I think if your primary objective is WoE balance, you're going to need to come at it from another angle. A new server will not be a long term solution.

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

But the server's management is WP's responsability isn't it? As far as I know, WP is an dev/publisher that receives updates from Gravity, but the administration of what happens on iRO is still their fault

There is 2 gravity, one in korea and one in the usa. The usa gravity is the publisher of warpportal.

#23 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

I think if your primary objective is WoE balance, you're going to need to come at it from another angle. A new server will not be a long term solution.

Not really a balance, as we've already seen here there's nothing to be done by WP Staff that'd ever 'fix magically' the WoE issue. As I said it's about this server being the result of 10 years of RO, of course it isn't a 'long-term' solution, because there isn't one. But at least would give the opportunity of new people to play Renewal WoE or experience it in a server where it's well managed and doesn't sell MvP cards through KP.

#24 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

Not really a balance, as we've already seen here there's nothing to be done by WP Staff that'd ever 'fix magically' the WoE issue. As I said it's about this server being the result of 10 years of RO, of course it isn't a 'long-term' solution, because there isn't one. But at least would give the opportunity of new people to play Renewal WoE or experience it in a server where it's well managed and doesn't sell MvP cards through KP.

The problem with WoE is that those who want to do it, already do it.

There are also people who are either not interested anymore (like me :D) or will never be interested period (like people who play for the grind or the PVM).

RO doesn't have the greatest singular incentives for PVP like how other games introduce.

#25 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

The problem with WoE is that those who want to do it, already do it.

There are also people who are either not interested anymore (like me :D) or will never be interested period (like people who play for the grind or the PVM).

RO doesn't have the greatest singular incentives for PVP like how other games introduce.

Uh, no they don't.

Do you really think that from this new wave of non-american newcomers NO ONE wants to WoE and that's why there isn't a single competitive guild? Really?

Sometimes people want to play as their own guild and they can't because they'll NEVER compete against the active guilds. So they don't even hype enough to start here since they'll be OBLIGATED to join one of the two allies if they want to WoE.

Edited by Tanzanito, 10 November 2015 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users