[Idea] MOBA-Like Server - Page 4 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Idea] MOBA-Like Server

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#76 Rarog

Rarog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRussia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RT

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

Tanzanito, pls stop  here.

I saw how ruRO died - one of the reasons was NEW server ( with blah blah blah balanced gameplay blah blah blah fair woe). Now we have growing russian community here (Chaos) - at least 4 PvE guilds and 1 (as i was said) WoE:TE. What are you asking for? New server for... eh (oh, please!) 100 newcomers? If you can't find your place here, if you are not able to compete with other players, if you can't just enjoy the game, very sorry. No one will create a cozy little world for you. And (don't want to be rude, but) why don't you find the most suitable private server?

Edited by Rarog, 10 November 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#77 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

I completely agree with Necro, the proposal for a new server of any kind is so utterly naive I can't even find it halfway amusing. WP has enough problems managing iRO with three servers, no way in hell they can ever manage a fourth server ("MOBA-like" or otherwise) without simply hiring more people and becoming more competent in management across the board.

RO is also a game built on fundamentally different mindsets compared to the majority of gamers today. RO was built during a time when investments of time and effort were looked up to and rewarded, where instant gratification and senses of entitlement were looked down upon as cheap and immature. Gamers today are by FAR the most entitled and spoiled generation since ever, and MOBAs cater specifically to that playerbase by consolidating gameplay into an average of sub-one-hour where everybody can achieve the same level of power in a short span of time and little effort for a relatively quick chance at enjoying the sensation of victory and dominance before everything is reset to repeat the cycle.

RO is not like that, RO will separate with prejudice the casuals from the hardcore, the newtimers from the oldtimers, the sheep from the wolves, the unskilled from the talented, the lazy from the determined, and (with regards to the older generations) unfortunately the busy from those who have time. What's more, the playerbase and community that exist around RO generally shun the culture of instant gratification and entitlement; you've never seen those that ask constantly for enriched hammers and increased rates/compensations treated positively have you?

Do you want power? Do you want skill? Do you want prestige? Well work for it just like the rest of us have, because neither we nor the game are going to just give them to you for free on a silver platter.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 10 November 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#78 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:18 AM

RO is also a game built on fundamentally different mindsets compared to the majority of gamers today. RO was built during a time when investments of time and effort were looked up to and rewarded, where instant gratification and senses of entitlement were looked down upon as cheap and immature. Gamers today are by FAR the most entitled and spoiled generation since ever, and MOBAs cater specifically to that playerbase by consolidating gameplay into an average of sub-one-hour where everybody can achieve the same level of power in a short span of time and little effort for a relatively quick chance at enjoying the sensation of victory and dominance before everything is reset to repeat the cycle.

Do you realize that "RO IS GRIND, RO IS OLD, EVERYTHING NOW IS CRAP" is a truly beatiful rant, but that literally can't be accepted anymore? Indeed, RO is a korean grinding game blablabla, but RO is also dying. In the past few years major official servers closed and others are just there left waiting to die, such as ruRO and now bRO due to the bad administration of their publishers or public disinterest, not to mention Gravity's stocks have never been so low in 8 years:
KRo8ctW.jpg

And yes, this current gamer generation is spoiled etc, but it's the community that we have avaiable, and we got to work with that. They're our target audience now, not the oldfag like us that've been playing since 2004, people that have quitted won't come back to play again, they've got children, work, college and etc to deal with and hardcore grinding isn't a reality anymore for them, just as it isn't for the newer playerbase. And here we are, in the middle ranting about everyone not being as hardcore as we are, defending meritocracy. So you really think that's the way? The playerbase gotta renew itself, otherwise we'll be facing a downhill ahead.

RO is not like that, RO will separate with prejudice the casuals from the hardcore, the newtimers from the oldtimers, the sheep from the wolves, the unskilled from the talented, the lazy from the determined, and (with regards to the older generations) unfortunately the busy from those who have time. What's more, the playerbase and community that exist around RO generally shun the culture of instant gratification and entitlement; you've never seen those that ask constantly for enriched hammers and increased rates/compensations treated positively have you?

Do you want power? Do you want skill? Do you want prestige? Well work for it just like the rest of us have, because neither we nor the game are going to just give them to you for free on a silver platter.

Again that's a truly beatiful speech. But let me break that for you, people now don't have the same opportunities as oldschools had. We had the opportunity of playing in a time where people actually played in BG thus it was easier to earn BG Emblems and get things like MoH and Glorious Items, now they can't. We had to opportunity of playing in a time where there was enough guilds to create a 'tier system' in WoE, that said, new and small guilds would still struggle, but at least they'd be able to have fun and most importantly learn about WoE, people nowadays don't have to opportunity to learn about WoE or try to get better because they're simply not allowed to play if they don't have enough gods/MvP cards. Do you realize that most guild leaders nowadays don't even know how a castle economy works, because their castle will never last for more than 7 days? Seriously, search for it and tell me what was the last time a new guild kept their castle for more than 7 days, here, search for it: http://choobs.org/renewalwoe

And last but not less important, they didn't have freaking empty servers to farm for months MvPS, Gods and Zeny with 0 competition

Let me refresh your memory linking you to an old thread: https://forums.warpp...eeds-to-be-cut/

And the same ~$$$ oldschool hardcore oldtimers that've earned their fortune $$$~ were already complaining back then that something had to be done because of what would happen in the future, and here we are, in a future that the gaming playbase are all into competitive gaming and instant compensations in a server we have neither the competitive part nor is even newbie-friendly, because people like you got this kind of MMORPG 2005 mentality. So yeah, let's keep repeating to ourselves that people got to work hard to get to the same level as oldtimers are then we probaly won't hear the sound of the game dying right in front of us.

Edited by Tanzanito, 11 November 2015 - 01:22 AM.

#79 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, that'd be not really an arena but a server dedicated to people that want to go hardcore on WoE and Instances/MvPs. I mean, where the people got the same opportunities and what will matter will be the skillcap not only their time spent on countless gears. 

I said that because of "Current State of x WoE".  I know that being a guild leader must be hard and everything, but you gotta agree that guilds with enough firepower won't just pop out trying to battle old guilds. I also understand people won't stop using Gods/MvPs, they've put a LOT of effort to it but the only thing that could be respected is big guilds not bullying small-growing guilds. As I said before there isn't ONE small guild in renewal that have made a small econ without a big guild breaking it just because they want to be the only big ones. Most of the small guilds that gets castles are last minute random breaks not guilds that actually had a fun WoE.

I think that kind of problem is less about the guildleaders and more endemic to some of the woe changes that were made on renewal. Do tell me does holding an econ 7 days provide a significant advantage over just taking multiple castles? There's no reason to target individual castles... just realms and I am sure small guilds get murdered in the political crossfire of the big ones.

A new server may just move the problem, what is needed is content/motivation to keep big guilds focused on eachother whilst small guilds fight for scraps.

my guild was small once and I'm familiar with having a big guild trample in at the last second. It's horrible, but the big guild leaders are just doing what they need to do. I doubt any of it is personal or aimed at crushing the newbs, its more just easy pickings. If anything, doesn't trying to econ make you a target?

#80 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:00 AM

currently trying to imagine RO as a card game just in case HearthStone become a thing in the future.

#81 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:13 AM

Do you realize that "RO IS GRIND, RO IS OLD, EVERYTHING NOW IS CRAP" is a truly beatiful rant, but that literally can't be accepted anymore? Indeed, RO is a korean grinding game blablabla, but RO is also dying. In the past few years major official servers closed and others are just there left waiting to die, such as ruRO and now bRO due to the bad administration of their publishers or public disinterest, not to mention Gravity's stocks have never been so low in 8 years:

And yes, this current gamer generation is spoiled etc, but it's the community that we have avaiable, and we got to work with that. They're our target audience now, not the oldfag like us that've been playing since 2004, people that have quitted won't come back to play again, they've got children, work, college and etc to deal with and hardcore grinding isn't a reality anymore for them, just as it isn't for the newer playerbase. And here we are, in the middle ranting about everyone not being as hardcore as we are, defending meritocracy. So you really think that's the way? The playerbase gotta renew itself, otherwise we'll be facing a downhill ahead.

I'll spell out why RO is dying, it's because the game is bug ridden and updates/fixes are not pushed out fast enough for them to matter combined with a management that cannot be consistent and garner enough respect with its own community to save its own life. It doesn't matter if we get a new server, MOBA-like or otherwise, if it's the same old bug ridden piece of mismanaged crap, new players simply will not come here when they have straight up other better games available. The only reason most of us here stick with RO is because we had fun with RO in the past when things weren't nearly as bad as they are now, nostalgia and familiarity is what's keeping us here and nothing else.

MMORPGs also live and die by meritocracy, generally speaking the more time and effort you invest the more you are rewarded. MMORPGs without meritocracy are either hideous Pay2Win games or MOBAs (not counting ranked gameplay), and RO simply does not have the capability to be turned into a MOBA because the game flat out wasn't designed for gameplay like that. Unless you are suggesting a server where everyone gets near-instant access to a max level character of any class and everyone has near-instant access to all pieces of equipment and cards, but where is the fun in a server like that?

Again that's a truly beatiful speech. But let me break that for you, people now don't have the same opportunities as oldschools had.

The younger generations still in school have the same amount of time as we old timers had back in the day, as for the older generations who have moved on to being adults with responsiblities that's just a sad fact of life, but we make due.

We had the opportunity of playing in a time where people actually played in BG thus it was easier to earn BG Emblems and get things like MoH and Glorious Items, now they can't.

The only reason nobody is playing in BG is because BG god damn sucks. BG is PVP and WoE for crying out loud, the most popular activities in RO outside of MVPing and instances. We would be spamming BG to bits if it weren't for the fact the game mode sucked and wasn't worth the time. New servers make no difference.

We had to opportunity of playing in a time where there was enough guilds to create a 'tier system' in WoE, that said, new and small guilds would still struggle, but at least they'd be able to have fun and most importantly learn about WoE, people nowadays don't have to opportunity to learn about WoE or try to get better because they're simply not allowed to play if they don't have enough gods/MvP cards. Do you realize that most guild leaders nowadays don't even know how a castle economy works, because their castle will never last for more than 7 days? Seriously, search for it and tell me what was the last time a new guild kept their castle for more than 7 days, here, search for it: http://choobs.org/renewalwoe.

WoE:TE, don't need tons of gods and MVPs to play in that. You just need skill and a simple desire to play WoE, both of which seem to be lacking if that "State of Gloria 1" thread was any indication, and no this has nothing to do with "big old guilds too stronk".

And last but not less important, they didn't have freaking empty servers to farm for months MvPS, Gods and Zeny with 0 competition. 

Let me refresh your memory linking you to an old thread: https://forums.warpp...eeds-to-be-cut/

I wasn't around iRO when Ymir was around, but that aside are you suggesting a new server so players will have an empty server (wat) to farm for MVPs/gods/money? What is this I don't even.

And the same ~$$$ oldschool hardcore oldtimers that've earned their fortune $$$~ were already complaining back then that something had to be done because of what would happen in the future, and here we are, in a future that the gaming playbase are all into competitive gaming and instant compensations in a server we have neither the competitive part nor is even newbie-friendly, because people like you got this kind of MMORPG 2005 mentality.

For all the drama Classic has, apparently people were pointing out its problems for years before and it still turned into the irredeemable cesspool it is now. We pointed out the problems Thor will have with the way it would be migrated, and it turned out most of our concerns were valid. We are pointing out the problems a new server will create, and it is very likely our concerns will turn out to be valid if a new server is created tomorrow.

What exactly is your point? You say "no competition" and "not newbie-friendly", I hear "too much effort" and "we want this now".

So yeah, let's keep repeating to ourselves that people got to work hard to get to the same level as oldtimers are then we probaly won't hear the sound of the game dying right in front of us.

I'm going to be brutally honest, if you want a game that denies meritocracy and capitalism then go play a MOBA or something because the majority of us will not stand to see RO turned into a game that caters to and encourages a culture of instant gratification and entitlement. RO's early- and mid-game got substantially easier to play with the Renewal update and we don't want the bar lowered any further, we barely tolerate Gramps as it is and individual player skill and behavior keep getting lower and stupider by the day.

RO is highly unique among its peers, this includes its grindiness and the amount of personal investment you need to make to get anywhere notable, if that doesn't float your boat then RO is simply not the game for you. RO is not a game about instant-gratification and never will be.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 11 November 2015 - 03:42 AM.

#82 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:40 AM

I think that kind of problem is less about the guildleaders and more endemic to some of the woe changes that were made on renewal. Do tell me does holding an econ 7 days provide a significant advantage over just taking multiple castles? There's no reason to target individual castles... just realms and I am sure small guilds get murdered in the political crossfire of the big ones.

A new server may just move the problem, what is needed is content/motivation to keep big guilds focused on eachother whilst small guilds fight for scraps.

my guild was small once and I'm familiar with having a big guild trample in at the last second. It's horrible, but the big guild leaders are just doing what they need to do. I doubt any of it is personal or aimed at crushing the newbs, its more just easy pickings. If anything, doesn't trying to econ make you a target?

I completely agree with you, as I said before this thread isn't all about my fixed opinion about what WP should do, I'm open to suggestions so we can create a solid and well-made suggestion together, that said we can send it to WP and hope for the best. 

I'm sure their objective isn't just stomping the crap out of newbs, but they do and that completely dismotivates small guilds to continue woeing.

#83 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:40 AM

Tanzanito, kindly use other font color when posting, red bold font is used for moderation. Thank you.

#84 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

I'll spell out why RO is dying, it's because the game is bug ridden and updates/fixes are not pushed out fast enough for them to matter combined with a management that cannot be consistent and garner enough respect with its own community to save its own life. It doesn't matter if we get a new server, MOBA-like or otherwise, if it's the same old bug ridden piece of mismanaged crap, new players simply will not come here when they have straight up other better games available. The only reason most of us here stick with RO is because we had fun with RO in the past when things weren't nearly as bad as they are now, nostalgia and familiarity is what's keeping us here and nothing else.

Yes, blame it all on the server and management like your friends taught you so. But no, RO isn't dying only because of bugs/updates not being pushed out fast enough. It's unrealistic to think that they should update in the same rythm people play, no dev team will ever be able to do this. 

Indeed, RO has a lot of bugs but it had those since the beggining, I think it's pretty that since 2004 we still see people complaining about the exact same things. RO isn't dying just because its administration and development, it's dying because it didn't adapt enough to the new game market. 

Just take off the nostalgia-glasses already things were even worst than they are now if you're talking about Bugs/Glitches/Bad Development, but we always took it well because it was the only thing we knew. We had no comparison, that said, everything they did would be good enough for us.

The younger generations still in school have the same amount of time as we old timers had back in the day, as for the older generations who have moved on to being adults with responsiblities that's just a sad fact of life, but we make due.

What truly with all your heart makes you think younger generations will play RO instead of instant competitive games like LoL, RO2, CSGO or HS? I mean, what would make them spend years grinding and farming to discover that they won't ever be competitive? They simply won't. And that's the real reason on why RO is dying, old people like us are stopping to play and the new generation isn't interested in a korean grinding game with 0 PvP Competitivity. 

I wasn't around iRO when Ymir was around, but that aside are you suggesting a new server so players will have an empty server (wat) to farm for MVPs/gods/money? What is this I don't even.

For all the drama Classic has, apparently people were pointing out its problems for years before and it still turned into the irredeemable cesspool it is now. We pointed out the problems Thor will have with the way it would be migrated, and it turned out most of our concerns were valid. We are pointing out the problems a new server will create, and it is very likely our concerns will turn out to be valid if a new server is created tomorrow.

I'm quotting my reply to Xellie to answer this: 

"..as I said before this thread isn't all about my fixed opinion about what WP should do, I'm open to suggestions so we can create a solid and well-made suggestion together, that said we can send it to WP and hope for the best."

What exactly is your point? You say "no competition" and "not newbie-friendly", I hear "too much effort" and "we want this now".

I'm going to be brutally honest, if you want a game that denies meritocracy and capitalism then go play a MOBA or something because the majority of us will not stand to see RO turned into a game that caters to and encourages a culture of instant gratification and entitlement. RO's early- and mid-game got substantially easier to play with the Renewal update and we don't want the bar lowered any further, we barely tolerate Gramps as it is and individual player skill and behavior keep getting lower and stupider by the day.

RO is highly unique among its peers, this includes its grindiness and the amount of personal investment you need to make to get anywhere notable, if that doesn't float your boat then RO is simply not the game for you. RO is not a game about instant-gratification and never will be.

You hear what you want to hear, buddy.

My point is that I don't want to see our beloved game die as fast as it is right now. Since I can't find myself in other games I'm here, trying to suggest stuff and hearing everyone's opinion so we can make this game better. And opinions like yours that are bold "HUR DUR DON'T TOUCH MY GAME"s are the ones killing it in the first place. You've gotta accept we are not in 2004 anymore and we got to adapt in the current gaming community mindset so we can attract players from the NEW generation and renew our playerbase, this is called evolution (Adapting to your surroundings in order to survive).

PS: Just to point out that, as soon Renewal (Update that made RO get closer to the actual MMOs at that time with quest tracker, easier leveling etc) was announced most people thought that it would kill RO, that Gravity was shooting their own feet, that real RO is the transRO without skills hitting 100k+ besides GFist and here we are now, RO still alive, (not so)well and running. That said, we got to move foward, not backwards

Edited by Tanzanito, 11 November 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#85 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:53 AM

It's unrealistic to think that they should update in the same rythm people play, no dev team will ever be able to do this.

I'm not even asking for that, kRO has a ton of bugfixes and updates that we haven't gotten. Like 4~5 years+ worth of updates. The fact that kRO isn't providing those updates in a swift and timely manner is the biggest reason RO is stagnating. We can't even advertise because we're in such a sad state of affairs.

What truly with all your heart makes you think younger generations will play RO instead of instant competitive games like LoL, RO2, CSGO or HS?

I'm not saying the younger generations will play RO, why would they? Why would they play a bug-ridden mismanaged game when there are far better managed and upkept games to choose from?

I mean, what would make them spend years grinding and farming to discover that they won't ever be competitive? They simply won't. And that's the real reason on why RO is dying, old people like us are stopping to play and the new generation isn't interested in a korean grinding game with 0 PvP Competitivity.

The only reason they aren't competitive is because they don't want to put in the effort to be competitive. You don't need MVPs or gods to be competitive or competent in RO, any seasoned player worth his salt will tell you this. You become competitive and skilled by being dedicated, laziness and entitlement are not rewarded around here.

And you keep yapping that RO is too hard. RO is meant to be hard, RO is not LoL or DOTA2 where you reach endgame in 40 minutes and win/lose the game to start up another new game right after. RO is a game where you slowly build yourself up over days, weeks, months, even years. If you can't be dedicated to improving yourself, then RO isn't for you.

My point is that I don't want to see our beloved game die as fast as it is right now. Since I can't find myself in other games I'm here, trying to suggest stuff and hearing everyone's opinion so we can make this game better. And opinions like yours that are bold "HUR DUR DON'T TOUCH MY GAME"s are the ones killing it in the first place. You've gotta accept we are not in 2004 anymore and we got to adapt in the current gaming community mindset so we can attract players from the NEW generation and renew our playerbase, this is called evolution (Adapting to your surroundings in order to survive).

RO is better off dying if its core gameplay is changed. Look at RO2, where Gravity tried to emulate the WoW style of MMOs with quest-driven powerleveling and cater to the insta-gratification entitled playerbase with titles and easy-to-get gears from instances. That game never took off the ground hard enough to be worth mentioning anymore.

RO continues to be unique, play up its strengths and uniqueness rather than following the pack to try and scrounge up whatever money is left in the wake of the current flavor of the internet.

PS: Just to point out that, as soon Renewal (Update that made RO get closer to the actual MMOs at that time with quest tracker, easier leveling etc) was announced most people thought that it would kill RO, that Gravity was shooting their own feet, that real RO is the transRO without skills hitting 100k+ besides GFist and here we are now, RO still alive, (not so)well and running. That said, we got to move foward, not backwards

You know what good management looks like? jRO. jRO players absolutely balked at Renewal and Gungho pulled it to rework the whole thing such that only the parts jRO players really wanted were implemented. More recently, jRO is playing up RO's strengths by releasing a set of alternate sprites for 3rd classes, because one of RO's best selling points is making yourself look awesome and cute. Because of good management like that, jRO is arguably the best of all the RO servers right now even in spite of them being a complete Pay2Play business model.

The players that truly matter flock to games that are properly managed and maintained. You could make RO as easymode as you damn well please, there might even be an initial influx of some new players, but ultimately you will alienate the players that were here for RO and whatever new players that did come will quickly leave once they realize how bad RO is being run.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, kRO also released the Dorams recently. Cute cats in RO, assuming they aren't treated badly like the extended classes that kind of stuff will definitely play a part in getting players (re)interested.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 11 November 2015 - 04:57 AM.

#86 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:13 AM

We've talked in TS. We got different opinions and for you, WoE isn't as important as Cat/Kawaii Hat updates so I won't keep discussing. 

#87 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:45 AM

Rather than any new server with a different set of mind, I would rather that the battlegrounds is expanded upon and given its own rule set, its own gear set and have MVPs and God items disabled. Hell, pservers got battlegrounds sorted out and they are fun as hell to do.

I would love to see BGs that are larger than 6v6s. BGs on renewal are 100% dead because why even bother when the only reward is obtainable by EMBs which is much faster than actually doing a BG match?

4fBWPJz.png

See that guild queue button? Literally the most useless button in the game and there are buttons in the client that don't even have a function.

Edited by Toxn, 11 November 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#88 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:05 AM

Rather than any new server with a different set of mind, I would rather that the battlegrounds is expanded upon and given its own rule set, its own gear set and have MVPs and God items disabled. Hell, pservers got battlegrounds sorted out and they are fun as hell to do.

I would love to see BGs that are larger than 6v6s. BGs on renewal are 100% dead because why even bother when the only reward is obtainable by EMBs which is much faster than actually doing a BG match?

4fBWPJz.png

See that guild queue button? Literally the most useless button in the game and there are buttons in the client that don't even have a function.

I also agree with this. By competitivity I don't mean WoE-Only. If we got something like an alive BG with good modes divided by levels like KvM that'd be already awesome. We could also get double badge weekends etc. And also, not only fully geared 175s would have the chance of trying out some RO PvP.

Edited by Tanzanito, 11 November 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#89 justapotato

justapotato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:07 AM

ya'll need a new server that's ladder based, feels like RO and has fresh management? go play Tree ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

#90 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

This thread has quickly devolved into "I don't care if you know better than me, my idea is the best!"

We already told you that iRO has tried this new server thing twice and it failed twice. You'd need a better argument to convince them to try this again outside this new MOBA idea, since they're against having a PVP server.

#91 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

This thread has quickly devolved into "I don't care if you know better than me, my idea is the best!"

We already told you that iRO has tried this new server thing twice and it failed twice. You'd need a better argument to convince them to try this again outside this new MOBA idea, since they're against having a PVP server.

You still didn't realize this thread isn't about me saying I'm right about everyhing? It was a suggestion, I had to hear other people's suggestions so we could get into a mid-term and right now, Toxn's suggestion is the best one. And I'm already editing my first post. I don't know why you guys want to believe that just because we're in a forum everyone got a fixed idea of everything, geez.

#92 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:41 AM

You still didn't realize this thread isn't about me saying I'm right about everyhing? It was a suggestion, I had to hear other people's suggestions so we could get into a mid-term and right now, Toxn's suggestion is the best one. And I'm already editing my first post. I don't know why you guys want to believe that just because we're in a forum everyone got a fixed idea of everything, geez.

Changing the topic does nothing, the initial responses you received still pertains to your original topic of having a new server for players to have a fresh start. If you wanted to change to a different idea, then either lock or hide this thread and create a new one.

#93 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:17 AM

#94 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

Yes, blame it all on the server and management like your friends taught you so. But no, RO isn't dying only because of bugs/updates not being pushed out fast enough. It's unrealistic to think that they should update in the same rythm people play, no dev team will ever be able to do this. 

Indeed, RO has a lot of bugs but it had those since the beggining, I think it's pretty that since 2004 we still see people complaining about the exact same things. RO isn't dying just because its administration and development, it's dying because it didn't adapt enough to the new game market. 

Just take off the nostalgia-glasses already things were even worst than they are now if you're talking about Bugs/Glitches/Bad Development, but we always took it well because it was the only thing we knew. We had no comparison, that said, everything they did would be good enough for us.

What truly with all your heart makes you think younger generations will play RO instead of instant competitive games like LoL, RO2, CSGO or HS? I mean, what would make them spend years grinding and farming to discover that they won't ever be competitive? They simply won't. And that's the real reason on why RO is dying, old people like us are stopping to play and the new generation isn't interested in a korean grinding game with 0 PvP Competitivity. 

"..as I said before this thread isn't all about my fixed opinion about what WP should do, I'm open to suggestions so we can create a solid and well-made suggestion together, that said we can send it to WP and hope for the best."

You hear what you want to hear, buddy.

My point is that I don't want to see our beloved game die as fast as it is right now. Since I can't find myself in other games I'm here, trying to suggest stuff and hearing everyone's opinion so we can make this game better. And opinions like yours that are bold "HUR DUR DON'T TOUCH MY GAME"s are the ones killing it in the first place. You've gotta accept we are not in 2004 anymore and we got to adapt in the current gaming community mindset so we can attract players from the NEW generation and renew our playerbase, this is called evolution (Adapting to your surroundings in order to survive).

This lot of arguments pissed me off a lot sorry. Blame it on management like my friends taught me? ARE YOU SERIOUS? It IS -_- management that let this happen, specifically, kRO management. The guys here keep requesting bug fixes and the likes for years with NO results.

RO should never adapt to the game market in the way you are suggesting, because then, it will lose a big chunk of it's current playerbase and will crush what makes it unique.

With all due respect, people play many games. I for one play on average 7 different games at any time because I like the variety. Newer players from the western worlds will eventually play this game, but it needs a better first impression.

And Renewal screwed a lot of things, and provided an entire different game. People always expect the worst from change, but nonetheless usually some good things come from it.

Just so you know, once RO has finally managed to fix most of the bugs, managed to clean up the -_-storm and finally have a stable game, they can push advertising and start getting in more fresh blood.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 11 November 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#95 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

We're talking about >WoE<. People that woe, give 0 f**cks about a new cat race or more custom sprites, they're worthless. We're talking about real changes. 

#96 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:04 AM

clearly you dont want to play ragnarok online as a mmorpg. If you want to play moba, go play moba.

Changing the game genre just to get popular is pathetic.

#97 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

clearly you dont want to play ragnarok online as a mmorpg. If you want to play moba, go play moba.

Changing the game genre just to get popular is pathetic.

And how the heck changing the >WoE< Scenario would affect the other components of MMORPG? Turning WoE into a ranked system, where bigger guilds only get to play in determined realms, while others can have fun in smaller ones.

#98 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:30 AM

Part of WoE is god item creation, does that mean you can get god items from smaller ones as well?

It costs to participate in WoE so a treasure system needs to exists to recuperate costs.

And if you can do that in the smaller ones, what is stopping a few elite people joining in that on alt characters with good gear that could then crush them all for more chances at god item pieces?

#99 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

Part of WoE is god item creation, does that mean you can get god items from smaller ones as well?

It costs to participate in WoE so a treasure system needs to exists to recuperate costs.

And if you can do that in the smaller ones, what is stopping a few elite people joining in that on alt characters with good gear that could then crush them all for more chances at god item pieces?

It won't, but by doing that they'd have to leave their Tier 1 castle alone, so other guild could take it.

#100 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

Turning WoE into a ranked system, where bigger guilds only get to play in determined realms, while others can have fun in smaller ones.

and how can you determine which one is bigger guild which one is smaller guild?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users