Feedback Request: Change in how EXP boosts are handled - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Feedback Request: Change in how EXP boosts are handled

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

Greetings Ro2 Community!

The recent patch on 11/6/2015 contained an update to the EXP boosts. The change was unexpected, and did not have any player feedback. We would like to take this oppurtunity to gather the community's perspective on how this change can affect them. 

Change in how EXP boosts are handled:

For Common or Regular Events (such as Dapara):

- EXP Boost is from battle

- EXP boost is from Crafting

For Special Events that are not regular:

- EXP boost is from quests

- EXP boosts are from khara missions

The change has both positive and negitive aspects that can be noted. This is not a comprehensive list, but some breif expected results of this update.

Pros:

Extended experience with Jawaii Content

Encuraging more particiapation in Daily quests

Removing barrior to find party for quests during weekdays.

Cons:

Dapara Week and Jawaii Quests less oppertune when activity is high on weekends

More investment of time to level

Less incentive to level alts

Please keep comments civil and respectful. Critisism is accepted but please don't flame.

Edited by samaura, 09 November 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#2 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

would suggest that exp rate change for lizards, same or higher than eddga jr.

#3 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Immediate feedback:

Damage is done, Dapara week is destroyed.  What was supposed to be an exp boost week turned into a nerf.  

I mean we could have gotten a more advanced notice so people will not actually go "oh I'll wait for next week (dapara week) to do the jdq..." and now get disappointed.  Go back to afk.

Longer term feedback:

Lower MP requirements, ML 35 takes 96k mp can someone explain why in hell ML 36 takes 200k mp?  and then all the way to close to 300k mp when you get nearer to ml 40.  

So if you just do dailies, the exp you will get in 1 dapara week will now take you more than 3 weeks to get.  Probably more taking into account the regular weekend is without boost on quest also.  This is an attempt to push people back to grinding after ML 35.  I don't even want to think about that, who is going to grind 200k+ mp for each level.  

Now onto the process of keeping your MP until you hit the next level up point.  You will avoid doing anything dangerous like jumping down a small cliff unprotected or participate in any risk activities like wonderland n/h raids. PvP / WoE might need to be avoided because there are death bugs that make you unable to use spinels / super laggy during WoE will make your char jump off a building on accident.   Even doing jdq itself will result in casualties, the cost of blue spinel and the limited amount of devine protection will limit a lot of what you can do while holding an un-empty mp bar.  Imagine this process went from a few days to a week or more.  How does this make the game more fun when you can't do anything but have to sit there guard your mp?

There is no good spot for grinding at the moment after forgotten payon (because nobody take a serious look around when jdq give enough mp on boost).  Then the forgotten payon mobs give you lower MP as you get higher level while you need more than double the mp for the next level, this isn't going to work.  

On top of the existing 31-35 grinding in forgotten payon, now we have to push the 36-40 there as well, plus the merger population on both level ranges.  There is no increase in channel nor grinding spot, it will turn ugly where people will pull eddga to wipe a party take their spot + revenge of the other party.

Edited by Cartian, 09 November 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

EXP adjustments for quests and Kharas should be a mechanic change, not event-based. I don't see any reason to have such separated events, it just makes things unnecessarily confusing and complicated. How are players supposed to distinguish the two event categories? You're just asking for trouble implementing these changes.

#5 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

Is it possible to include only jawaii daily quest in exp boost?
From all quest, only this give good exp.

For Dapara week I think it should be in Special Event category, or clear us if that 'special event' is once a year?
Weekend boost for common / regular event.

#6 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

Having multipliers apply to quest exp allowed casual players like me to make progress through the game. Not everyone has hours of time daily to dedicate to grinding.

#7 FanialLight

FanialLight

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

Most of my friends are working office hour and on weekdays, we dont have hours to play and grind till our fingers numb, the Dapara weekended JDQ 210k MP was something my friends and I always looking forward for. It save us a lot of time from grinding.

This totally spoiled the hope of players that rarely play on weekdays. Eddga junior gave barely suitable mp for ML 35 and above.

Please dont expected players to waste all weekend hours on grinding, I would rather enjoyed my real life than just spending hours and hours on grinding.

This totally a demoralized action implemented without really considering players time.

Edited by FanialLight, 09 November 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#8 LeiDeeGee

LeiDeeGee

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSchwartzvalt Republic
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Nidhoggur

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

Why Fix it when it's not broken? Why change it when everyone is enjoying it? I myself would disagree to this sudden change and I myself is highly anticipating for xp boost on Jawaii DQ on dapara week.. I mean seriously??!.. Go grind in FP after m35 with that sudden change of MP requirement? from 96k to 200k? And aside from that, there isn't much place nor channel to go level in FP manually, everyone will be fighting for a spot and not to mention those 24/7 macro bots who just stay at the center where eddga juniors spawns.. All I can say about this new update in xp was a  complete irrelevance.. Like other players are suggesting, not all of them has the opportunity to play the game anytime they want and JDQ is one of the main buffers to those kind of players to continue playing besides they're hectic schedules. Grinding alone from level 1- ML35 is already a hassle.. Not to mention the game stopper of DWL/DWU.. And here comes FP with a little bit of good area to get a decent xp plus the OP damage of mobs there.. Instead of ruining the game further, devs instead must focus on fixing on whats really broken. Hell, a lot of players are already asking for solution on the problem the current merge has done. Why not address those things first and focus on to that instead. 

This notes has totally makes me wanna quit this game. Every notes release is getting more and more crappy..

#9 DietSodaa

DietSodaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

1) Nobody was complaining about this, why they even changed the quest exp?

2) Grinding on this game is broken since darkwhisper. Why promote more grinding by nerfing quests?

3) Inaccurate/ridiculous MP amounts are discouraging people to not grind / do quests when there is no exp boost.

Note : Fyi, u can check how many people quit between 21-30 cuz its insanely hard/stupid to level.

4) Jawaii has no grindzone so only way to level up is doing dailies or trying to find an empty channel at forgotten payon.

5) Since quests gets nerfed, ML21-35 grind will be much harder, with stupid MP requirements and low amount of exp mobs.

6) Since quests gets nerfed, will we get an improved levelling system?

7) Payon dailies are extemely useless that nobody does them ( No good exp reward)

#10 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

Please bring back the original MP requirement (or even lower) for level up if this is going to stay.

http://www.roguard.n.../master-system/

We have really enough to consume our life time on such nutrition-less grind content.  :p_sick:

#11 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

i think one of the reason they made changes is to avoid MP abuse by player already ML40, its still good exp doing DQ IMO, it just slow down a little bit, and they dare to make the changes may due to players still need to do DQ for red jewels.

#12 Leasfy

Leasfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationVergrond

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:28 PM

Personally I find this change would solve

1. MP abuse to purchase cazar and eddga equipment
  2. Long term activeness - players tend to go AFK once reached end game level, get their gears etc
  3. Mass number of players leveling to end game level during dapara week through JDQ

The aim is trying to make grind and quests as enjoyable for players. Right now, players tend to wait until weekend to grind and boost their character to the max on dapara weekend. Some people can't grind on weekend due to work or limited grinding spot. Instead of getting all sad, I rather see this as an opportunity to suggest more feature to be added to the game itself. Thinking outside of the box. For instance, place Monster Buster NPC in DW and upwards, increase MP gain on all ML quests, put element system on monsters past Osiris and make exp bonus rate equal on dapara week. 

#13 SanaisHere

SanaisHere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Freyja Forever Lol.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:19 AM

GIFF back the exp boost atleast at JDQ please ..... :sob:   i mean , no one push that changes right?? whyyyyyyyyyy  :questionmark:   :sob:

#14 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:in ur dreams >.<

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:58 AM

ithink they want to die the game relly bad.  DietSodaa is right many player quit around ml20 up and the JDQ is good for player and many player enjoying it i

#15 Fugcker

Fugcker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:59 AM

Forgotten Jawaii :Emo_21: :Emo_21: :Emo_21: :Emo_21:

p.s if this kind of changes keep this soon no more players will play ro2

Edited by Fugcker, 10 November 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#16 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:22 AM

Lower mp per questing will make people less interested in doing the quests to gain leveling.  Even though it is still a considerable way to gain MP for a short amount of time.  However in comparison I can get 85k mp in FP grind in an hour at ML40.  The less people are incentivized to do the daily quests means the less wonderland will open and prices for cards will increase in costs.  Probably see an increase in Queen's Aura prices a bit too.

#17 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:53 AM

this game is dying already  :p_sick:

#18 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:02 AM

and i cant patch the game it is bug or something? 

#19 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:09 AM

For someone that sometimes only has the time to do a few daily quests rather than get into a dedicated grind.. It's a bit of a sting in the tail.

But some personal suggestions on it.

1. Boost the exp some quests give - A lot of quests don't give a large amount of exp, and it can be quite insignificant compared to the leveling requirements for that area.

2. Boost the exp boss monsters give - I saw someone who was trying to kill some to do a quest. Nobody wanted to help, because it wasn't a grind party. People even left the party as they deemed it a "waste of time"

#20 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:16 AM

doing jawaii DQ is a waste of time right now  :p_sad:  

#21 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

The Dapara event was introduced to help ease the pain of leveling in Master Levels because the experience required was doubled from its original amount. Apparently the dev's think we are leveling too fast and this is their way of trying to slow us down because in their mind, we cap and drop off the game. They do not look at alt-characters in the same way as WP does, who encourage the making of alt characters to keep us active after we cap. I believe this has more negative effects than positive.

• It will discourage maxed people from making alts during these events making maxed people just afk or not play at all. 
  • Grinding areas are too few. Players will flood Forgotten Payon for a longer period of time to continue leveling, discouraging more players from making alts and continue playing.
  • Experience from quests in general (Jawaii quests not included) do not give enough experience for players to level properly without grinding in the master levels.  

• Jawaii quests have less incentive for players to do after maxing. People will be less likely to form parties on a daily basis and even join when maxed. 
  • This will cause Wonderland to open be less often.  Access to this area will be harder to gain for more casual players in the future as the people who usually organize these parties get their titles and gear completed.

Quest based leveling in Jawaii was an excellent change from what we've had before it, even without the Dapara event. It is reminiscent of quest based leveling in the beginning of the game. The doubled requirement for level-up was what started this whole mess. Quests were not scaled properly for this increase to be used as a leveling tool.  I can see what the devs were trying to do, but it is a band-aid solution on a wound that needs stitches. Eventually more players will bleed out. 

#22 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:12 AM

My initial reaction was:

Spoiler

Edit: I thought Jawaii daily quests were a nice change after the Forever Grind from ML1-35. And everyone didn't have a problem with it anyway :/

Why fix it when its not even broken -_-

Personally I find this change would solve

1. MP abuse to purchase cazar and eddga equipment
  2. Long term activeness - players tend to go AFK once reached end game level, get their gears etc
  3. Mass number of players leveling to end game level during dapara week through JDQ

The aim is trying to make grind and quests as enjoyable for players. Right now, players tend to wait until weekend to grind and boost their character to the max on dapara weekend. Some people can't grind on weekend due to work or limited grinding spot. Instead of getting all sad, I rather see this as an opportunity to suggest more feature to be added to the game itself. Thinking outside of the box. For instance, place Monster Buster NPC in DW and upwards, increase MP gain on all ML quests, put element system on monsters past Osiris and make exp bonus rate equal on dapara week. 

I apologize if this may sound rude or offensive but for your first point, there was never really an MP abuse of purchasing Cazar and Eddga because iirc both Cazar and Eddga can be farmed via monster drop or tokens/coins. However, because Gravity is famous for making bad decisions they decided to to make those equipments buy-able via MP and because of that, farming for Cazar and Eddga aswell as Forgotten Payon daily quests became useless. With that being said, players saw this as an opportunity to make easy zenny by accumulating large amounts on MP and buying Cazar and Eddga equipment and reselling it on the Auction House. If only gravity didn't make said equipment buy-able via MP then we wouldn't have this problem D:

RO2 wasn't really a grindy game to begin with. I'm sure everyone would know that questing was the only way to level up back then and it was rather enjoyable (for me anyway). Endgame was fun and satisfying because of the introduction of difficult raid dungeons such as COA and AOD. Everything was fine until the AOV attacked and RO2 became a very grindy game since then.

(Excuse the off-topic nostalgia)

I agree on changing back the MP requirements for all levels especially ML30+ onwards since at the moment  ML35-40 would require a player to accumulate at least 1.5 million master points (more or less) and with the sudden change in Jawaii DQs would feel like an eternity.

And maybe buffing the exp amount that one Eddga Jr gives like maybe 100mp on x1? (Up to Gravity)

Edited by LeviRD, 10 November 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#23 jesseclane

jesseclane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:37 AM

You guys really want us grind ML30-40 @ FP eh..

#24 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

when you can't implement content

double exp requirements and x them

#25 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

I was surprised when I learned daily questing was a (the) viable way to level up now. But I was also sure that they wouldn't fix the barren lands before it and that they would mess this up in the future anyways.

And here's this future.

Together with fRO lowering exp and drop rates for non-premium users, the timing couldn't be any funnier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users