Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:43 AM

27wu8zs.jpg

Features:

Face your Worst Nightmares: Even the most experienced players will cringe when darkness falls in the world of Requiem. The bloodthirsty Nightmare Monsters that appear at night will ravage the strongest parties if they are not adequately prepared for battle.

Beast Possession System:

The beast possession system is Requiem’s best feature. It lets players transform into a savage killing machine. You can obtain your first possession beast when you reach level 23 by completing a special quest. Aside from your first beast, other possessions can only be collected from monsters or in the auction house if you’re in a hurry to get one. Possession beasts can be used by clicking or pressing their corresponding shortcut keys just like any other skill, provided that your hardcore gauge is around 90% or more. You can fill your hardcore gauge by killing monsters throughout the game. It may seem a bit boring to do so, but if you’re going to kill monsters throughout the game. Possession beasts can also be combined with other beasts, letting you create better and more competent possessions as you continue to level yourself to perfection. If there is one thing that Requiem should be known for it’s definitely the Possession Beast.

Classes:

Although you might think that classes are that much different from each other, most of them are pretty much the same thing regardless of what they are called. Healers will always be healers and tanks will always be tanks. Each race may generally have the same type of classes at a majority level, but know that each of them always lacks a certain thing that other races are known for. It’s probably a good way for players to expand their character’s role in the game. Fact to ponder on: it is much cooler when you tell people that you’re a Bartuk Warlord than saying “warrior tank looking for group”… because that’s just dull, man.  

Source:

"Today":

- What happened with all those Features, that made this Game once unique?

- Why we can only reinforce a PB Armor today? and lost so many PB Skills?

Spoiler

Why is has to be so easy to fight and win against each Monster today, even as a beginner?

Whatever the difficulty, yes we have different Difficulty! 

like: "normal", "elite" , nightmare, terrifying" and "Deadly Nightmare" Monsters.

Did you noticed it?

Could it be that once the general hardness of this Game provided the Player with a feeling of achievement? 

Why does the Game only provides us now with every crafting material we need for compound/reinforce/enchanting in masses and with no difficulty?

Was it a good trade?

From a hard working "Temperion" to a "Hamsterion" ?

Spoiler

you tell me your individual opinion...

Edited by Sandyman, 11 November 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#2 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:lost one

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

i like the "hamsterion" concept really really much . such a good one.

Well mate , i am agree , of course , but here too ever the same old song. don't think there can be a turning back after all what players invest in time/ressources/efforts/money etc to gear.

in pve you still feel that "achievement" concept ( far more for crazy nukers god mode of course , but still.) and somehow , it sound legit after so many efforts. but yeah you are right, it break the philosophy of game.

and beginners shall not have such an easy life to find motivation and want to fight back the challenge.

But let's admit it here too : how many REAL beginners ? and how many of us just making new alts ? i don't really have hope for going back "there" nowadays. Would have to find a near impossible compromise. And honestly i have no clue about the "how" that would not be a scam for players as me and others... :p_swt:

#3 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

broken

#4 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

Since I can not repeat myself enough times already, sure, I will just do it once more.

The game became totally broken due to one major reason. And apart from all the awesome ideas the "dream team" has been churning out for some time now, THIS is hat happened to beloved little Requiem.

Requiem has NOT received a serious update in its CORE mechanics for several years. What once could be a "challenging" fight even with normal open world mobs has turned into a total farce, when players are even able to trample raid bosses with ease, and yes, even solo.

Why? Because what mobs used to do to you remains the same more or less, while what you can do to THEM has increased tenfold along with every other "stat" characters sport. It is an ingenious combination of absurd skills, even more absurd gear and infinitely more absurd "trinkets" that can be added to said gear. Without any thought or care about the game, only about fooking e-peens and SHOP SALES.

There you go, the reason any "PvE" has turned into a sad circus and "PvP" to a FOTM e-peen peac*ck parade. Requiem is now a game of clowns, starting with the real ones in the "dream team".

#5 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:54 AM

I remember avoiding elite mobs since they scared the hell out of me and the exp loss was a pain in the ass.

I said that many times before, the factor *death* is not scaring anymore.

Just build an uber toon with +30 shiets and crazy enchants, take some nm pots and rage buffs with u, well done, u can solo everything u want.

Nightmare pots and rage buffs should have been removed long long ago. Well, u dont need those nowadays anyway since the gear and the whole game is -_- up as hell.

I dare u, just name me ONE *update* that gone through without any problems, bugs etc. There wasnt a single update without fails. Not a single one.

Even big titles screw up some times, but not a single bugfree patch since years makes me wonder why there r still the same ppl doing the same failures over and over again.

Id have been fired in notime...

Cheers

Edited by MacMad, 11 November 2015 - 03:55 AM.

#6 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

The Game went so superficial and so casual that i can`t believe it was once made for a mature audience.

The age limit have to be clarify and the Description too.

It`s not +18 its rather  for +12 Year old Gamers who like to collect Drops without any risk.

Pretty much like a Farm-O-Rama.  :bang:

The latest Class "balancing" changes improve this Trend even more and give more Power to "Ego Shooter Player".

I won`t hold my breath for the last thrust when, the Legendary Pixel hit the Game.

Pretty sad that Parties are not needed anymore in a MMO. 

The motto should be: "less is more" and "Quality instead of Quantity" 

But ya on Blacksmith Tools they earn with this "farm" settings much faster, great Concept^^

Maybe. put in some new Tools like  recipes for HP/MP Pots, that work on the Battlefields for crafting?

Instead of more mindless E-Peen feeding - there should be more balance?

Oh balance...i forgot they don`t like that^^ alright...

Edited by Sandyman, 14 November 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#7 Pichaga

Pichaga

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:28 PM

Hi to all!

I still read the forum sometimes.

Helium, just make server Bloodmare or the begining of s2

#8 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

and how "strange"... what happened with the only balanced Battlefields left in Game...the Strongest onces?

they are actually broken and destroyed.

was a accident ofc^^

I see what you did there!

Edited by Sandyman, 13 November 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#9 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

If you want honesty, this game will go no where. They are not equipped to develop this title which is made abundantly clear in the repainting thread. Their company is going bankrupt quickly and their management which has been directing the company abysmally is still in charge with no solution to the massive losses quarter after quarter. Its clear without a shake up in this company it will be dead along with this game. There is no shake up, and it means they will be dwindling their staff starting with the least profitable entities. The main one would be Gravity Interactive. If Gravity Interactive had to make cuts, it would start with ROSE and Requiem which are negative assets.

Until they announce a real developer who is a generalist programmer and/or artist. There is nothing hopeful for this game.

Edited by Cleffy, 13 November 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#10 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:17 AM

I agree with Sandyman, game now is way too easy.

About Strongest battlefields, they will come back but it's not the "priority".

I have few ideas for Possession Beast :

1. Bring back the old quest to get PB in RoL, add 4 options so you can choose the PB you prefer (and ofc, this quest should also give all the details about the PBs).

2. Bring back PB armors and create new ones, make them drop from Nightmare mobs, so people will farm them again.

3. Balance a little the PB skills.

4. HC should be gained from killing monsters. Only in Nightmare the PB will be able to get HC in the time.

Edited by Kazara, 15 November 2015 - 12:22 AM.

#11 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:28 AM

They changed the whole Concept of the Game funding. 

We went from a Subscription Model (Premium) with a cosmetic focus for the Item Mall.

To a Model where the Subscription does not matter anymore. And the Item Mall becomes everything.

What is Premium worth with this insane Drop and Exp. Rates?

When they try to catapult with level Jump Items everyone to Cap level.

When you needed Months or Years in the Past to reach Cap level , you can do that in 1 Weekend today.

Content is reduced to Crescent Map. 

PvE Content is not enjoyable anymore. In the Past you needed not many Resources/ Drops to collect  but the collecting/ fight VS Monster was hard. The Question what enchant is right for me and my Class what Way do i want to go.

Same goes for Raids from Hard long raids like ET who where rewarding in terms of enjoyment we came to 7min Voxy Raids which you need to raids tons of times. You see why one is rewarding in terms of enjoyment and the other not?

Many Enchants were right and worth collecting , now EVERYONE GOES simply X-Mas Hearts and Regals. 

We have lesser range that matters. They reduced the balance with simply putting in OP enchants.

You need to collect thousands of Resources/Drops now but the killing is not rewarding anymore, the Mob simply dies so fast. so that the Mob became a Victim. Thanks to more and more OP Weapons and Items, that they put in without any new Maps.

So the Discussion is about if you want a 10min Gaming Experience each Day. Were you have to consume fast the Game.

Or if you want to reward the Long Term Players who focus on Role Play aspects and a challenging/ enjoyable Game.

Consuming or enjoying.  We lost the enjoying and only have the other left.

But i say: both don`t have to exclude each other.

The Developer simply did a one sided Job, regardless what happened with the rest. 

So that`s the real Problem: the Methods and Game Philosophy itself became corrupted.

Edited by Sandyman, 15 November 2015 - 04:23 AM.

#12 mihuryx23

mihuryx23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

This launcher looks like 10x time better than now dude:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users