Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid - Page 6 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
407 replies to this topic

#126 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:56 AM

Sure it does. The people who currently WoE are those who are after god pieces or just after some fun times, there are plenty of people out there who just don't see the point as there is no personal benefits and others who just don't enjoy RO PVP in general.

Only those that WoE for the last few minutes, going for end castles are going for god pieces. Everyone else is just after some fun times. Because supplying a guild is such a financial burden with no real way to recoup (let alone "profit"), there are few, if any new guild leaders. And having members supply themselves currently makes even less sense (aside from trying to help out the guild leader financially), because as you said, there are no personal benefits for WoEing.

You can always do (for now), what anyone does in a RPG environment when the current state is to easy, and make it harder for yourself?

Hell, you could always help train up new members with the intent of forging new guilds in the future.

Supplying additional members is an additional financial burden. And it makes even less sense to do this, if you have zero intent to retain those members you supplied and trained.

#127 Danh

Danh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

Since the time of Tanya's old thread, I always insisted on disabling MVPs and Gods for many times. No matter how tempting incentives seem to be, no new guilds will ever last to become a newly established guild because in the end, new players will realize that they'll never be able to fight old established guilds that filled with skilful players (from WoE experiences) and luxury items (MVPs and Gods). If they work hard, they might be able to make one god but then they'll realize other old established guilds make two or three gods.

I might as well ask what is the purpose of implementing WoE sets. Is it because too many MVPs and Gods in WoE? If this is the reason why WoE sets ever existed, have you ever thought of new players who dont have any OP gears and how they will deal with WoE sets and all reductions?  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

In woe i still kill people with gods and mvps and i  have none of that imagine if they cant woe with gods or mvps lol  :gg:  :gg:  :gg:

#128 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

In woe i still kill people with gods and mvps and i have none of that imagine if they cant woe with gods or mvps lol :gg: :gg: :gg:

You know that no one started with gods or mvp most of us have played woe plenty without. Just because people use now don't make them bad. i remember I played sorc for years no gods or mvp and did just fine. Tbh most people with gods and mvps don't use right. What I mean is have a ranger with thana bow and no good Wws to match.

#129 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:04 AM

You know that no one started with gods or mvp most of us have played woe plenty without. Just because people use now don't make them bad. i remember I played sorc for years no gods or mvp and did just fine. Tbh most people with gods and mvps don't use right. What I mean is have a ranger with thana bow and no good Wws to match.

Rephrase that. No old ro player started with God's. Nee players gets gods lended to them by woe guilds. And are babied to the point where if they don't have gods or mvp they can't do anything.

#130 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'd say these free whites and blues should be capped at maybe, 80% of the restoration effect of common whites and blues. 
1. They are free (arent they? from what you are saying)
2. It leaves the choice to the player, that if he wants a better item than he has to buy the regular one, this way there's still incentive to use regular supplies over than just free ones.
3. Put cooldown and amount limit of these on each trade. Everything that's too much is generally not good. Lets say 300 whites and 50 blues each time with a 30min cd. If the player burns all of these, then he has to supply himself with regular stuff during the cd.

The aim of changing how woe works is to..

1. Bridge the gap between old guilds and new guilds. 

2. Provide a rewarding reason for woe with not much to lose.

In order to do so..

1. New guilds can match up with old guilds in supplies, with no cost.

Having too much disadvantage in terms of supplies will make this change useless.

Devoted players can supply themselves for greater benefit, while other players still stand a chance with the not-so-bad supplies.

2. Provide lucrative rewards for new guilds to woe while preventing old guilds to reap all benefits

No idea how we can do that, but I believe disabling MVPs and Gods has its risks in a server supported by old players with said items.

So making gods and MVPs more easily accessible might do.

3. Make PVM more user friendly and enjoyable

Endless grinding is no fun at all, woe is not available to anyone who wants have fun woeing.

It takes months or years of leveling for some people to max out, many quit in the process because of real world affairs. 

Make WoE available to these people, I believe it will also help server population and $$ making of the company.

It's already a .. in the .. to go from level 100 - 150, let alone 175.

My shadow chaser is still level 150 -_- I have no interests in doing bio 4 party days and nights just to get access to WoE.

I believe many old players feel the same..

#131 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

The gap between new and old guilds aint gonna change because of supplies. Its combat experience and gears that matter here, and experience.
I proposed less effective supplies due to the fact of being free. Veterans, big guilds, will preffer to keep their performance, and in order to do so will need the regular supplies. Thats a way to keep the woe supply market still active.

#132 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:54 PM

The gap between new and old guilds aint gonna change because of supplies. Its combat experience and gears that matter here, and experience.
I proposed less effective supplies due to the fact of being free. Veterans, big guilds, will preffer to keep their performance, and in order to do so will need the regular supplies. Thats a way to keep the woe supply market still active.

If you read what the proposal is aiming to do is get people to experience woe. It's kind of like how during the start of the game they give you free red pots to start off with with few sp items and Kafra gears. It's an idea to try and disbanded the negative outlook on woe from forums or word of mouth. Many players have an idea what woe is but may have never Experienced it for themselves. This idea could give them an idea without hurting there cost out of pocket to try.

The idea is we are not getting any new players so only option is to try and get people already playing to start to woe. Supplies are the most common excuse given by players. If we can provide them an avenue to experience it why not? There is more benefit from trying this then doing nothing.

Edited by miliardo, 13 November 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#133 fIower

fIower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Disable 'dealing' inside castles. Have you heard of this new killer skill called "deal"? Forget the 100 skills in your build.

#134 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

use /nt i think it is

#135 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

Disable 'dealing' inside castles. Have you heard of this new killer skill called "deal"? Forget the 100 skills in your build.

Inb4, people blaming the victim of this noob tactic. Like we all know, WoE is not a place for worms, so if you are new to WoE, dont join and go hit porings lol

Anyway Flower, you can use /nt command. Just dont forget to enable after WoE. Yes you need to protect yourself because if you dont /nt, you're automatically to blame and the person who uses this noob tactic is innocent xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 November 2015 - 09:38 PM.

#136 fIower

fIower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:07 PM

^Wah. I missed the memo. Chak, educate me. "When all else fails, deal."

#137 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

Just remove all the gods and mvp from woe1 castles

#138 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:19 AM

Deal is op yo, and fun :v

#139 poohdini2

poohdini2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

damnn i didnt know dealing can be that dangerous....

#140 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:iRO

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

I've been saying it for years, close off every realm except 1 realm and just go at the 5 castles in that said realm. Bam.

#141 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

^good.  and oh btw, bye bye small guild, you guys can go -_- yourself.

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 14 November 2015 - 05:50 PM.

#142 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:50 PM

chain lightning bug still not fixed is why i quit.

#143 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

I've been saying it for years, close off every realm except 1 realm and just go at the 5 castles in that said realm. Bam.

inb4 people shouting lag due to 1000 players are in one realm

#144 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:22 PM

chain lightning bug still not fixed is why i quit.

He/She/It is right...

#145 RaafaMatos

RaafaMatos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

Did the GM's forgot this topic already?

#146 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

Did the GM's forgot this topic already?

Not only GMs, most people did too.

Guys, keep in mind that yes, giving out free supplies is good but it isn't the root of the problem.

What's your view on having 1 realm mvps/gods free? 

#147 RaafaMatos

RaafaMatos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

Why not the GM's, after read this topic, make another TOPIC for voting with the mains requests?  

#148 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:40 PM

Why not the GM's, after read this topic, make another TOPIC for voting with the mains requests?

Because making snap decisions and having faith in the community to not rig the votes is... Well we've all seen how it ends. Only considering OPs points without any sort of counterbalance is terrible too. Couple that with the WP staff's tenuous understanding of the finer aspects of RO, and in many cases even broad concepts like balancing the cash shop economy and the game flow of siege, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Oda's said on numerous occasions that he doesn't read the forums unless someone points him to specific things anyway, and Camp is too busy with dev so he doesn't have time. Try poking them in a PM or something, but don't expect an immediate response because even after they've looked over the thread and opinions therein, when they actually get around to it, they'll need to take some time to analyse it and probably get someone to explain half of it so they understand the context, keeping in mind they don't play the game and thus have no idea on their own.

Also the topic was barely inactive for 2 days, and during one of those the forums were inaccessible. It was still FP too. The callout bump was a little bit unnecessary.

#149 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

I don't completely agree on having supplies for free. There should still be an advantage for people that has dedicated time and money into this. As someone proposed nerfed potions - heavier weight or less healing capacity should be enough - similar to TE potions. These potions should still give those that use ranked slims and light blues an advantage, but cheap / good enough that it's feasible to WoE with them. If someone wanted to be in the competitive edge, they would still use the best possible. But if you think free supplies will suddenly bring in competition and new players to fight, you are wrong. If these newer people start WoE, they will be inexperienced and most likely undergeared. I'm not too sure why you would want to fight these new people - they won't be even close to being a challenge and if that's your idea of fun, then you're the reason why new guilds do not survive more than a few months.

I believe this can be easily tested by getting an NPC to sell such items.

#150 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

Oda's said on numerous occasions that he doesn't read the forums unless someone points him to specific things anyway,

I would assume that would be dereliction of duty as a so-called "community manager", but this is beside the point right now I suppose. =V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users