Rewards of the Breeze Run Community Events changed without notice - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rewards of the Breeze Run Community Events changed without notice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bginumaog

Bginumaog

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:44 AM

This thread is about the Breeze Run Community Events (Specter’s Racing Tower / House of Horror) and the Coin Packages you can get as a reward for finishing the courses. As some of you may know, besides the more common Gada Coins, there also used to be W-Coins obtainable from those packages. After the maintenance of November 4th, the contents changed to only Gada Coins and 60% EXP Potions (2 hrs). The answer I got to my ticket was unsatisfying, which is why I am now taking this to the forums.

Firstly, why did the contents change? The W-Coins, which are now removed, were a good source of gold without grinding the usual spots or simply selling IM ingame. The rewards weren’t set too high either, because the race is mostly skill-based and many people able to reach the top positions have lots of experience on their hands and were only reaping the fruits of their labor. For everyone else, that one package you get per race doesn't make you rich either, even with the biggest luck.

Secondly, why did this go by completely unannounced, as in no mention of it in the patch notes at all? The reply to my ticket mentioned that they rework “many of the rewards from areas like Breeze Run” which should be concluded after the next standard maintenance. I can still see nothing of the sort in the patch notes.

As it is now, I can congratulate whoever was responsible for this on successfully killing the races, because on weekdays there is now absolutely no reason to participate anymore (before any of you say “Championship Tickets”, consider that most active runners have already hoarded LOADS of these, enough for the next few months). The 60% Exp Potions are useless, because there are now much more efficient potions available in the Gacha Vending Machine for only 5 silver coins.

I’d wish for some official statement on that matter and of course, if it was possible to change the rewards back to normal again. I’m sure the few people who enjoy the races would appreciate it.

#2 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:51 AM

Were you the one talking about how the forum Staff avoid any "uncomfortable" questions on the forum earlier? I believe you were talking to someone in pow channel 3.

Anyways, there are plenty of changes that are overlooked when the patch notes are written. The exp double up potions that you mentioned are an example.

You got an answer from your ticket, and unfortunately, no one here will be able to help you any more than the support staff.

Edited by ManItsMike, 13 November 2015 - 01:57 AM.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:58 AM

I think instead of ranting with this kind of attitude on the forums, you should better give a big thank you to everyone out there who:

- cheated

- speed hacked

- super jumped

to win those w-coins and by doing so ruined the fun for every one else.

A special thanks to all the super human like level 1 chars constantly being in light speed from me personally. Because you guys gave the support team the strongest "proof".

I doubt you will get a different answer on here as you already got from the support team though.

But however, if you really want to "congratulate" someone you should direct those congratz to the groups of people I already mentioned above and nobody else.

Btw, if I remember correctly the Breeze Run is the place to farm the Hermes Set. Nothing regarding this has changed as far as I know.You can make some good money with that too.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 13 November 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

I also do agree those 40% pots as price make it dead content pretty much, except for 1 day of the week, but that might not be far from what the team wanted. Many people, in my opinion misinformed people, consider it an unfair thing, and the team might want to make it give worse rewards to even that out.

There was that one hacker/ cheater or what ever there that I know of, doubt that alone caused this change.

Also, if they are reworking it still (changing one item is not much of a rework), this might not be the final form, we'll see.

What can definitely be taken away from this is that while the patch notes are better here than they were on eu for example, they are  still something to be improved upon to not leave players to discover these things themselves.

Edited by Precrush, 13 November 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#5 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:26 AM

I’d wish for some official statement on that matter and of course, if it was possible to change the rewards back to normal again. I’m sure the few people who enjoy the races would appreciate it.

This alone I feel like commenting on.

This official statement you're wishing for seems to already have been given to you by the member of the support staff who answered your ticket. Asking for another one, on a forum which users have little to no power over the decisions of the staff, won't bring you anything except unpleasant comments such as the one I wrote below.

This Breeze run has, as far as I remember, always been a niche to people who knew of it and were gearing up particular characters in order to win. Never have I read any public comment about it ingame from one of the "runners", who could most simply gather a few W-coins in a few minutes while people who weren't aware of the existence of this game mode couldn't even hope to obtain one through any way except buying from players or directly from the cash shop.

Which for one is unfair, since you really have to know of someone running them or be extremely curious as to what these "community events" might be, in order to learn that they even exist. A newbie has about no chance whatsoever to even run one (let alone win), which is why I said earlier that it is (was ?) a niche. They were a good source of gold for very few, selected people.

I would add that playing solely for the rewards shows how loved this mode is, that "taking it to the forums" when you already received an answer looks like an attempt at causing a reaction from the community so that you can have the staff change their minds, that bluntly announcing "the W-coins won't be obtainable through the Breeze runs" would have caused an uproar. To me, this topic looks like "my baby-sitter wouldn't give me my toy back so I'll be crying here until I'm satisfied with the way things turn out".

Please excuse me for the harsh words, but I have read way too many posts looking like yours to even think of writing it in a nice way.

#6 Bginumaog

Bginumaog

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

This Breeze run has, as far as I remember, always been a niche to people who knew of it and were gearing up particular characters in order to win. Never have I read any public comment about it ingame from one of the "runners", who could most simply gather a few W-coins in a few minutes while people who weren't aware of the existence of this game mode couldn't even hope to obtain one through any way except buying from players or directly from the cash shop.

Which for one is unfair, since you really have to know of someone running them or be extremely curious as to what these "community events" might be, in order to learn that they even exist. A newbie has about no chance whatsoever to even run one (let alone win), which is why I said earlier that it is (was ?) a niche. They were a good source of gold for very few, selected people.

I would add that playing solely for the rewards shows how loved this mode is, that "taking it to the forums" when you already received an answer looks like an attempt at causing a reaction from the community so that you can have the staff change their minds, that bluntly announcing "the W-coins won't be obtainable through the Breeze runs" would have caused an uproar. To me, this topic looks like "my baby-sitter wouldn't give me my toy back so I'll be crying here until I'm satisfied with the way things turn out".

Please excuse me for the harsh words, but I have read way too many posts looking like yours to even think of writing it in a nice way.

Oh boy. Why did I have a feeling it would end up like this? I'm not going to make this thread any more personal than it already is, but you shouldn't be so fast to compare people's concerns and critique to a child's rant. It's disrespectful to anyone using the forum the way it's meant to be used - to share opinions, ideas, and maybe discontent, too, which I did.

I've seen Popcorn giving well-thought-out replies to people asking questions on this forum (which is a good thing), so I thought I could try my luck too, because the reply I got from the support was more than lacking. There's also very little true about the first paragraph I quoted. I take it you never participated in the events, but if you did, you would know that MP Recovery gear is quite cheap to get and only a must for Specter's Tower (not the House of Horror Map, which you can also win without any/much MP gear). Anyone simply finishing the course can get a Coin Package, people getting 2nd or 1st only get one/two more. You're calling the Breeze Runs niche, - only for a few selected people -, while at the same time, you bash a thread to the ground talking about it openly, maybe making other people reading the forum notice it? Have you considered that "causing a reaction from the community" could possibly make it more popular and accessible to everyone reading this? I first participated 2 months ago, which is a relatively short time period compared to some other people, but even on my first few days I could get a W-Coin every now and then, and it was a lot of fun even though I lost every run by at least 20 seconds.

@Fliederduft78

I didn't want the thread to go into that direction (because there already was a thread about this, closed now), but you're right, the cheaters ruined a lot of the fun, too. I still don't think that everyone participating should be punished for others cheating, that's simply not the way it should be done. One should rather fight the problem at its source by stopping people from doing that, whatever it takes to do that. But don't ask me how, it's not my job to prevent those things from happening. :Emo_13: Maybe by adding a timer, where everyone getting a better time than humanly possible is instantly disqualified? But that's enough to fill 10 more threads, so I'll stop now.

Edited by Bginumaog, 13 November 2015 - 03:25 AM.

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:29 AM

I disagree with the notion that simply because not everybody knows of these events, that makes them unfair. The fact that they aren't properly informed of the community events is the unfair part in this case, not the events.

Also, you do not need a character especially geared for it to do it, although it helps. And even if you absolutely did, how would that be different from any other part of an mmo.

The 10 who first crossed the finish line get a chance for a w-coin, with so many runs in a day I think that makes a sizable amount of people that could benefit from it, comparable easily to the number of people who can farm elga miscs for example.

To me those runs were a fun part of the game, one that in the winner was actually almost always the most skillful. The notion that if people won't do something because it doesn't give them rewards, that something must not be that fun after all, is not valid in my opinion in an mmo. Of course people want to do stuff that moves them forwards in the game more than something that doesn't. For me it is mostly an issue of the time those runs are at, they absolutely suck for us Europeans, otherwise I would do them every once in a while.

Edited by Precrush, 13 November 2015 - 03:30 AM.

#8 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:19 AM

It's disrespectful to anyone using the forum the way it's meant to be used - to share opinions, ideas, and maybe discontent, too, which I did. [...]

You're calling the Breeze Runs niche, - only for a few selected people -, while at the same time, you bash a thread to the ground talking about it openly, maybe making other people reading the forum notice it? Have you considered that "causing a reaction from the community" could possibly make it more popular and accessible to everyone reading this? [...]

Talking about respect when you bring an answer from the support team to the forum to question their abilities (by asking for an "official statement") would feel quite unpleasant to some, too. Stating your discontent is a thing, ignoring an answer you were given because it didn't suit you is another.

The second part I quoted doesn't make any sense : this is the second time I've read about Breeze runs on the forums, the first one being about the hackers exploiting it. Were it about you having people know this mode exists and how to play it, you would have created a topic about it, or at the very least you would have invited players to join. You never did, and your first post about Breeze run is asking for the rewards to be changed back to what they were.

This wasn't an attempt at making it more popular, but you're still trying to let people think otherwise. I guess trying to look like the one who brought this community event to light in a sheer attempt to let everyone know about it is the proper way to convey your ideas after all, more so when it (as you stated yourself) lost all kind of interest now.

What's more, I hate this way to answer with questions, a way not to tell anything compromising or wrong to the core while letting people think what they want of your good intentions. It's getting on my nerves in a way you might not even imagine, as is every proof of flawed logic or manipulation. "It's disrespectful to anyone using the forum the way it's meant to be used".

@Precrush : I still haven't seen anyone ingame inviting people to join the Breeze runs (maybe once if I didn't dream of it). I believe this lack of information was mostly (edit : partly only) caused by runners not wanting too many people to know about their "hidden" way of obtaning items, since not everyone participating was rewarded with valuable loot.

I can't see any reason for these 10 first not to be the same players everytime, too, since I knew of someone running almost every one of them. The number of different winners isn't 10 multiplied by the number of races.

What's more, with two computers (or shady stuff) you can even have another character following the one you're controlling, which allows, with a bit of luck, to have the same player grab the reward several times. Now you could say the same about mission maps, dungeons and the like, but these aren't restricted to the first players to finish them.

And as a player with an inventory filled with good-looking premium stuff with useless stats, I can only disagree with an argument along the lines of "it has to come with rewards for people to do it". PvP is the same : a 30g Sign of Hero, along with maybe 5g and some exp. This isn't worth 15 minutes of a brawl with other players, yet some people are gearing characters up specifically for this mode.

Edited by Homurasan, 13 November 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#9 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:GAY

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:34 AM

Lol all my guildies (guilds that I've been in) knows that I race. And I always invite them and tell them most ppl quit after their first race but dont be discouraged. Those who tried end up quitting anyway lols

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

So I should say something about this now:

1. The non-abusers/non-cheaters are only a minority - and these players usually don't even play these races because they know that they basically have no chance to win.

2. We (resp. the Korean devs) gave out W-Coins as reward for giving also F2P players the possibility to get some W-Coins and not to make the cheaters rich. And we are also aware that the W-Coins have been abused before they were made sellable by using them and selling mixables instead.

3. The circumstances for the W-Coins have been changed due to the removal of the sellable restriction.

4. If you really have fun playing the races that fun shouldn't be lowered because you can't get a high valuable reward anymore. Otherwise you don't play it for fun but for greediness.

5. I won't tell you anything other than our support team already told you. This is a decision made as team and also the statement won't be different by other team member.

And now I think it's time to lock this topic.

Topic locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users