8 replies to this topic

#1 floingdetscha

floingdetscha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:53 AM

Hey!

I'm new to alchemists and the whole homunculus system. My prefered style is solo-play and since my end goal is MvP, I decided to go with the amistr -> sera path. Right now my amistr is 79 and I finally switched to OD2 from Ant Hell. The xp is decent but I noticed that my alchemist (91) dies occasionally. Any idea why this could happen? Orc Archers? Do I need to set up my AI differently (using Azzy's w/ default settings)?

Also I realised that the loyalty grind is painfully slow (didn't want to believe it at first xD). Should I really wait to get there twice? I want to continue leveling right now. Does anyone have experience with leveling their gene without homunculus? Any tips?

Thanks for the help!

#2 tshin23

tshin23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

You might need resistance gears. Probably dying to Orc Archers or when mobs too much on you and your Amistr can't keep up killing fast enough.

It's pretty nice to have Bloodlust on an Amistr, so I'd say yes to Loyal-ing it twice. :)

#3 floingdetscha

floingdetscha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:29 AM

Would I be fine with an immune HBP and race shields? Guess I'll just try and find out for myself! :)

#4 tshin23

tshin23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

I guess the only way to know is to try it out. xD Good luck!

#5 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

A few suggestions:
- Always record. If you die, watch the replay to find out why.
- Change basic behavior for steel chonchon to attack (low) react (medium). (Ever seen someone's homun running around with a huge mob of steel chonchons in pursuit? That's because they didn't do this. :P)
- Set RescueOwnerLowHP to a positive number, maybe 60-80 or so.
- Wear something that autocasts heal when taking damage, like leaf cat hat or loli ruri carded armor. If you choose to use a ring of resonance, make sure you have enough atk to one-shot the passive mobs; otherwise you risk making them all attack you.
- If your homunculus is often running out of sight, try reducing StationaryMoveBounds, but don't lower it too much or you won't be able to deal with orc archers.

#6 floingdetscha

floingdetscha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:27 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, renouille. 

Changed the settings accordingly and testing (recording) whether or not I'll die again.  :rice:

#7 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:54 AM

You might need resistance gears. Probably dying to Orc Archers or when mobs too much on you and your Amistr can't keep up killing fast enough.

It's pretty nice to have Bloodlust on an Amistr, so I'd say yes to Loyal-ing it twice. :)

Is it worth it for all homun to loyal twice? I myself having a Vanilmirth, but is it worth to loyal it twice to unlock Self-Destruction? Since the other use of the skill will be 450 points of Intimacy away.

#8 Reaghann

Reaghann

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:pRO New Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:17 AM

Is it worth it for all homun to loyal twice? I myself having a Vanilmirth, but is it worth to loyal it twice to unlock Self-Destruction? Since the other use of the skill will be 450 points of Intimacy away.

I did this in one of my Vanilmirth-base homunculi. I accidentally pressed it and messed up my homunculus' intimacy. :p_sad: 

Not worth it. If you think you need such skill, get it. But I think it doesn't have any good use, and is not necessary to learn unlike Amistr's Blood Lust which definitely aids Amistr in mobbing.

#9 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:33 AM

Stay in Ant Hell until it's 99.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users