• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:37 AM

So it was brought to my attention that this game has little to no advertising done to it.  There is a thread about advertising in the general discussions but, as needed to be done, I am making this thread on exactly how this game can strive to get more players and to be more well-known to the world.  It is going to take a little more than just putting rose on steam and hoping people see it, click it, install it, and play.  

Making sure you actually keep players, Rose needs a little more amping to the story.  Make the quest MATTER!  As I have been playing other mmo's and experiencing other types of gaming styles for myself, most of the popular games that have a great community are quest oriented.  It is a little boring to click spam through quest but in doing quest, you gain a lot more items and exp that help boost gameplay.  Now i'm not going to stay on how this game could improve since I am very sure that most of the developers/GM's know how to improve the games in 50 different ways but do not have the sources nor time to do so.

While gameplay is important, it is also extremely crucial for this game to have the right kind of advertising.  In this day of age, you can either pay loads of money to advertise ad's on very popular sites or you could be smart and not have to spend little to any money.  The first thing I would suggest is to really become active on social media where gamers are.  Being as realistic as possible, we need to understand that there are thousands of games out there, like rose, that are also striving for the same attention and rose is has went from a big fish in a pond to an anchovy in the sea.  

Being that rose is apart of warpportal, I see very little engagement on the Gravity Interactive twitter page of rose gameplay but more about either the other games that warpportal has to offer or irrelevant things that have nothing to do with increasing the value of the warpportal brand.  As for the rose twitter profile, the only things that I see are updates on costumes, the few new in-game events that happen, and when maintenance occurs which are great for letting the players know what's up however, being relevant and extremely active on social media is extremely crucial.  There are a ton of different ways to be able to stay relevant to the world and that is simply by, knowing the new trends and knowing what is going on and capitalizing on it.  It may seem a little "typical" to capitalize on things but that is how you will get noticed by different people and people all over.  When I mean by staying relevant and capitalizing on relevancy is by showing awareness to the bombings, being creative on funny topics that maybe relevant for gaming, really getting involved on streams, really becoming creative on youtube (as you may or may not know youtube is one of the number 1 platforms for gaming), getting well known people to play your games (doesn't have to be people with 500k subscribers, even people with 3k could make a difference), playing on twitch more frequently, getting better seo.  There are a number of ways to improve a game but just streaming to a small community of people and uploading the stream does nothing.  

With the little public relations rose has, it's time to get real and really keep the community up-to-date with whats really going on and also replying to every single suggestion.  This does not mean moderators telling people that their suggestions are good but, this is Leonis and other people that actually make an impact on the game (not saying class reps and moderators make no difference), to really reply to every suggestion on whether it can be implemented or can't and ALSO explaining WHY it can or cannot.  So instead of waiting until the last minute to let the server know when things are happening, you should probably tell them what is happening when it happened.  Getting more recognition to your social media, you could also use crisis opportunities and updates by redirecting peoples attention to the twitter profile so that they don't only check the forums for updates but also twitter for more updates which increases traffic on twitter, more attention on tweets that help brand rose, and more interaction directly with the official rose team.

Because of the lack of attention that get's shown to threads in the proposals & suggestions section, this is all I will suggest unless more information is wanted so i'm not wasting my time or anyone else's time because I am only sharing this information so this game can get some recognition and attention so players like me (oldies) will want to come back and enjoy rose again since it does have great potential to be on of the best around.

#2 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

Thank you for your suggestions! 

Important Quests: Do you have any particular examples or quest ideas you think would improve the game? 

Social Media: The official ROSE Twitter has mainly been used for updates to the game and to make important announcements regarding the server status. CM Twitter pages are used to make more fun 'trending' tweets and reach out to other sources. We can always direct people more to the twitter pages however, as we do tend to point people in the direction of the forums or ROSE page instead of twitter for most updates and events. 

Suggestion Responses: All suggestions here are compiled and sent to the developers. Many suggestions are good but cannot be immediately implemented because other projects are being worked on. I can go ahead and reply to these threads and let them know as soon as I have feedback from the Developers. 

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

I have some half formed ideas. I truly believe the Hero Quest needs revamped. At the beginning, there is way too much of it where are you are in a map that is much too low for you. Experienced gained by killing the mobs or completing the quest is negligable. There should be more rewards in the nature of armor/weapons/etc. Something that can truly HELP the character in the game. If it could be based on the character's class, that would be even better.

#4 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

Thank you for your suggestions! 

Important Quests: Do you have any particular examples or quest ideas you think would improve the game? 

Social Media: The official ROSE Twitter has mainly been used for updates to the game and to make important announcements regarding the server status. CM Twitter pages are used to make more fun 'trending' tweets and reach out to other sources. We can always direct people more to the twitter pages however, as we do tend to point people in the direction of the forums or ROSE page instead of twitter for most updates and events. 

Suggestion Responses: All suggestions here are compiled and sent to the developers. Many suggestions are good but cannot be immediately implemented because other projects are being worked on. I can go ahead and reply to these threads and let them know as soon as I have feedback from the Developers. 

Important Quests: I think there are enough suggestions as the one above that could improve the game heavily.  The quest don't support anything past zant fast enough as grinding would be.  There's a thread in the general discussion: https://forums.warpp...-the-game-goes/  that has a lot of good suggestions in regards to questing.  

Social Media: It's great and important that you keep the community to the forums however, keeping them solely to the forums makes no need for anyone to go to the twitter and being able to use twitter to speak to more people than the community itself.  The point for redirecting to the twitter occasionally is so that they can communicate specifically with developers/staff and also have options of retweeting and sharing things that might be cool in-game that other gamers could see and would want to be apart of.  The forums is for the community however, social media is for the world.  If we are trying to get more people to play and enjoy Rose as much as a lot of people do.  Social media is a stronger platform than just for fun, it can get a huge audience gain easily.  

Suggestion Responses: As long as the community hear things straight from the developers themselves, there will be a lot of trust and reassurance gained because they know they are playing a game that they can communicate straight with the developers themselves which is rare for a lot of games.  It is completely understandable that the developers have things to do, however, it would be beneficial for everyone if they took maybe a few hours or moments out their day to respond to every suggestion and question that cannot be answered by any other staff member.  Also from past experiences, it seems that we get way more answers and things cleared up when Leonis himself responds to post because of the validation that he has.  

I have some half formed ideas. I truly believe the Hero Quest needs revamped. At the beginning, there is way too much of it where are you are in a map that is much too low for you. Experienced gained by killing the mobs or completing the quest is negligable. There should be more rewards in the nature of armor/weapons/etc. Something that can truly HELP the character in the game. If it could be based on the character's class, that would be even better.

I completely agree, the game keeps new players in old maps too long when nearly every quest should have them advancing at a pace that they will be in a new territory as they advance and not having people go from Zant to AP for little to no exp.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users