They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

I want to bring this back up because I still don't really agree with the decision ultimately.

I would like to see Two Hand Sword/Axe/Spears be interchangeable as a costume slot option.

From my understanding, the decisions was based on it being 'confusing' to enemies, to determine what type of champion it is.

But, here's my observations.

The primary observation is that what weapon someone is wielding can already be incredibly misleading.

Example,

Cannons.

They can be used by both Artisans and Bourgeois. Yet both are incredibly and fundamentally different enemies.

Bourgeois using launchers can be devastating at a range and targetting a group, and it is wise to spread out and get close to the Bourgeois as possible. This is because their close quarter combat is terrible. However, the same cannot be said about Launcher Artisans. In fact the exact opposite is true. Their ranged capabilities are, ok at best. But their close quarter combat is utterly intense. If you get close enough for them to use Grenades, you're really gonna start taking a beating.

another example,

Staffs.

Usable by one class yes, but with Mage's having a plethora of build choices options and customization; you have no way of telling what archetype they chose or how to approach them as a target. A staff, literally tells you nothing about that target aside from 'it's a mage'.

One more example,

Bowguns,

Usable by Knights and Scouts. Two entirely different classes and composed of two entirely different strengths and weaknesses. Seeing the Bowgun and Shield literally tells you nothing, not even what class it is if they're using costumes that aren't aligned with Classes [like lucky spin, IM or events].

There are other examples but these pretty much dispel the notion that weapons are a 'give away' sign of what you're going to be fighting against. So why should it be the same for champions?

I'm sure there are many Champs out there who would love the cosmetic option of using an Axe costume but keeping their 'sword' perks. Same for Spears and Axes switching it up.

The same can be said for Raiders I'd bet. Using Katar skills with dual wields or vice versa. 

It's purely cosmetic, but it would be such a nice feature to have. After-all, Knights get to mix Maces and Swords [while not incredibly different, the base weapon slightly dictates your build]. 

Cosmetic, but very nice thing to have. 

So, what's being requested?

Two Handed Spears/Axe/Swords being able to costume each other.

Katars + Dual Wields being able to costume each other.

Recreational off-hands costuming Shields + Magic Tools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users