Questions from an old player who might restart playing - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions from an old player who might restart playing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silveringking

silveringking

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:06 AM

Hello, here's the problem, from 2004 to 2008 I used to play RO, it was pretty funny and all, but the ratings in "official" servers when I used to play there (the famous 1/1/1 ratings) made the game extremely boring to play, because in a period of a year, you would need really lots of hours of gameplay to get just to level 99/50 (non transcedent).

So I have 3 questions:

If I restart playing will take me years or in alternative hours of sleep to get to 3rd class? Or there is alternative experience getting methods?

The second question is related to the first, in my time RO used to be all hype, what will I find if I start playing again? Old veterans or there are new players? The game still gets new players on a monthly basis?

Third question: Nowadays there are people creating new characters? Or is this a bit like WOW, that you only play because you have a very strong character that you dont want to use?

Thank you so much for all the info.

#2 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:29 AM

1) to get to 3rd character, even after going through the rebirth process(might wanna check on irowiki.org what is it), you'll take at least 1 week to like, reach it. Two weeks at max, if you're not the person who always stay at your computer.

2) You'll find veteran, current and new players playing at the same time, the server that we have right now is Chaos, which we had few server merges from other time like Ygg n Ymir, we also had seperate server named Thor, dedicated to those who play it on pRO.

3) This is still the same as the old RO which you can determine your own character with gender and class by yourself, what kind of build and gameplay you're aiming too.

#3 Malgin

Malgin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Server:is on fire.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

Leveling is much quicker, like the above poster stated it should take you no more than two weeks to go from novice to 3rd class transcendent.  There is a mix of player types, over all the community is solid and helpful.  I'd recommend looking through the class forums and absorb info to refresh yourself on the playstyles etc before deciding on what class you want to play this go-around.  If you have any questions, post in the relevant forum or feel free to PM me.  Enjoy and welcome back :)

#4 Yugiohfan

Yugiohfan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

1-99 2x wont take you long since we now have bounty board quests in certain towns. We also have eden group that has its own leveling quests and gramps, an npc that almost everyone uses to level from 75-150. Additionally you can use bmx3, vip and prize medals to level up quicker and if you have tons of cash and/or a 30% exp costume if you can spare the zeny. From 150-175 people usually do the bio4 bounty board or nightmare dungeons. Check these out for more info and gl and wb to ro.

https://forums.warpp...leveling-guide/

https://forums.warpp...-150-breakdown/

Edited by Yugiohfan, 21 November 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#5 FlowerFour

FlowerFour

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:57 AM

1-2 weeks is unlikely to get you to 3rd class for your very first char unless you have help or VIP. The biggest factor I've noticed is that VIP increases leveling speed by ~4x because after level 80-90 you don't need job exp can convert all job exp to base exp, on top of the double base exp bonus of VIP.

Edited by FlowerFour, 28 November 2015 - 09:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users