Anybody else feels that x2 Xp pots are a bit overprized? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Anybody else feels that x2 Xp pots are a bit overprized?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

So the title say it all Idk how to compare it to the Haloween dungeon : Until I farmed 5 silver coins usualy i had 4-6 xp potions already. So my suggestion 3 silver coins or 2 silver coins and some gadas so they will be for something good at least. Your opinions?

#2 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

It's called "event Halloween dungeon". Now you can understand why these cost as much as a stack of soul, in silver coins.

Edited by Homurasan, 21 November 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#3 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

So since the coins dont flood in f7 they literaly r most likely unaffordable for casual players. Im doing myself today f7 spam and asked People what they use. Everyone saied they just use cookies since noone got time to farm through the week dungs for coins

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

I don't have an experimental option but if you "complain", go race!

#5 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

"Casual" players don't need the potions. You had plenty of time to farm as many as you could during the halloween event, and the staff were kind enough to release them in the vending machine as an option.

No one is forcing you to use them if you want to play and level casually. They're simply there as an option if you want to speed up your leveling.

Unless you're incredibly lucky, I doubt you'd be able to farm 4-6 potions in the time it takes you to get 5 silver coin drops.

Also, 5 silver coins for a potion is VERY cheap as it is. It's generally agreed that a silver coin is worth 6-7 gold based on the price of a soul stack. Biscuits are worth somewhere around 180 (?) Gold, while 3 potions to compliment it will be worth 90-105 gold (and they do more)

Jack's beans are 250-300 gold by the way at the current price of 1:5-1:6.

When we were discussing releasing the potions into the vending machine with Popcorn, I fully expected them to be 10 coins each, and many players would still pay it.

#6 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

Well, on the other hand, race costs 1 gold for ticket. Once you open the reward, there is possibly a 60% exp pot in 2 hours. Is it a good deal?

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

5 silver coins is perfectly fine.

#8 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:39 AM

By the way, now you can gain resting point from lv1-85. That's a huge step of leveling from 6x since it was a true pain for leveling without resting point. Also exp bonus recommended level of channel 3 has been expanded. I really feel fine without using x2 exp potion.

Tip : Get known with people who has exp homebuff. That's a bit better using "free" stuffs.

#9 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

I'm not playing as much as I used to, but silver coins should not be hard to farm for a casual player. In fact many casual, pve, and pvp players farm silver coins to get soul stacks which they sell in trade chat or use them. These both cost 5 silver coins. Farming those 5 coins for a 2x potion without the exploit of the old Halloween map is a good trade-off. Newer players could not get these potions without help from someone who has already unlocked the dungeon and run with them for the f1/f2 clear. While this method, all you have to do is collect 5 silver coins from monsters to get a 2x potion and this can be done by anyone, old and new players alike. Again really 5 coins is pretty much spot on in the relation to a jack bean in gold which mike said here and I said back in the other topic before this was implemented. Leveling gets slow and such, but as a casual player you should just organize time in which you play. Play a week for farming gold/2x potions while the other go leveling. It's hard to level fast if you don't put the amount of time you need to do so.

Edited by Agitodesu, 22 November 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#10 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

I also thought potion price would be higher, since I'm every now and then looking at my 100+ silver coins. I'm not complaining tho  :p_hi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users