Another Gene-Leveling-guide-questions Thread - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Another Gene-Leveling-guide-questions Thread

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hiya Guys

I'm pretty new to Genes and I've done some research so I am now @ 128 but I believe there are things that I'm missing so I got questions fer PVM/MVP Gene

1) Do I really have to get a homun? Do I get to choose which type I can get ?

2) at my level , Should I go EA gears or Spell ? (I have both sets just in case)

3) I'm awfully squishy since I'm wearing +6 Peco2x Orlean Gown INT+3 . Apart from elemntal armors, are there better Armors?

4) From #3 ,  should I get a phen to compensate or it would be more ideal to get a spell flow shadow set ? (Currently using +9 Physical Set)

5) Are the plant skills usefull for PVM setup?

6) Aside from 3xAS RTE and EA Hurricane Fury , Any other weapons and gears that I should Have ? No MVP/God items please , I got various items but have low zeny (I'm from Thor and I tend to be Shoppaholic...sometimes :heh: )

Thanks fer any input :no1:

#2 Malgin

Malgin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Server:is on fire.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

1) Yes, you really should get a homun.  It's great for leveling, but in the endgame its more useful for the buffs it can provide you.

2) I'd recommend using spell gear until around 160, then switch to damage gear and put points into dex, buy status foods etc.

3)You're going to be squishy, learn the cart cannon dance ;) - but Sera's (homun) skill Painkiller really helps with squishiness

4) I prefer spellflow set, it leaves me another card slot for KBC

5) Not really, though Hell Plants may have an occasional use

6) You'll want a Glorious Morning Star for attacking demi-humans (bio levels) and a Byeo for bosses.  Possible an Erde if you have a Dieter homun.

Have fun with your gene ^_^

#3 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

1) Yes, you really should get a homun.  It's great for leveling, but in the endgame its more useful for the buffs it can provide you.

2) I'd recommend using spell gear until around 160, then switch to damage gear and put points into dex, buy status foods etc.

3)You're going to be squishy, learn the cart cannon dance ;) - but Sera's (homun) skill Painkiller really helps with squishiness

4) I prefer spellflow set, it leaves me another card slot for KBC

5) Not really, though Hell Plants may have an occasional use

6) You'll want a Glorious Morning Star for attacking demi-humans (bio levels) and a Byeo for bosses.  Possible an Erde if you have a Dieter homun.

Have fun with your gene ^_^

Thanks. !

I've got to complete the quest for Homun , (Hoping my ISP will cooperate )

Will have more questions later :thx:

#4 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

Update :

I've purchased a spellflow set and currently at +4 for each piece and I have +7 Magical Weapon and +9 Magical pen and ring shadow set atm . It is good indeed . I got more questions

1) due to the fact that I'm really squishy , I figured out that I need multiple armor and shields . What are the alternatives ? Something that I can farm and hopefully not spend much zeny nor KP . I only got Cranial and Royal Guard shields atm.

2) Just what the hell is Cart cannon dance? I just use CC on the farthest range and pray that they will die before they get closer to save pots

3) Haven't check this one out but....Where do I get the  AK helm(Don't know the name of it) ? afaik it gives good bonus . I thought I might need it but I have +9 Drooping eddga and +11 Angeling wooly hat and +9 Crown of Deceit which is the one i currently use due to its cast reduc . Which is ideal for default gears though?

4) I once entered high TI with those 2 lichterns and I noticed it was really hard to kill the blue one with +9 RTE 3xAS . I thought CC is default to neutral if you have neutral ammo on yer cc?

5) I own a GX so would it help me if I use Ice pick for my cc ? how about RWC knife and ring combo ?

Thanks!

#5 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

1. Most people use elemental orlean's gowns and valk shields for important races/round buckler for other stuff

2. He might just be referring to kiting, which is moving in between each cc so you take less damage

3. No idea, i think it might have come from the cash shop? The best headgear to default for damage is a +9-12 emh.

4. Yes, it's forced neutral if you're using neutral cannon balls but the elemental modifier is still applied so it can still do more/less damage depending on your weapon element and target element.

5. Afaik cart cannon ignores def so not sure how an ice pick would work with the skill

Edited by hotel, 27 November 2015 - 07:25 PM.

#6 Malgin

Malgin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:31 PM

Update :

I've purchased a spellflow set and currently at +4 for each piece and I have +7 Magical Weapon and +9 Magical pen and ring shadow set atm . It is good indeed . I got more questions

1) due to the fact that I'm really squishy , I figured out that I need multiple armor and shields . What are the alternatives ? Something that I can farm and hopefully not spend much zeny nor KP . I only got Cranial and Royal Guard shields atm.

2) Just what the hell is Cart cannon dance? I just use CC on the farthest range and pray that they will die before they get closer to save pots

3) Haven't check this one out but....Where do I get the  AK helm(Don't know the name of it) ? afaik it gives good bonus . I thought I might need it but I have +9 Drooping eddga and +11 Angeling wooly hat and +9 Crown of Deceit which is the one i currently use due to its cast reduc . Which is ideal for default gears though?

4) I once entered high TI with those 2 lichterns and I noticed it was really hard to kill the blue one with +9 RTE 3xAS . I thought CC is default to neutral if you have neutral ammo on yer cc?

5) I own a GX so would it help me if I use Ice pick for my cc ? how about RWC knife and ring combo ?

Thanks!

Physical Shadow set will do more dmg for CC, Magical for AB.  If you're using CC mostly (which is likely cause AB is expensive) then you'll want a Physical shadow set.

Valkyrian armor would be a good bet, its relatively inexpensive and you can get a couple different carded versions to carry around.  As for shield, Valkjira's (sp?) shield is recommended, it has good reductions and you can card a few as needed.

Here's a good guide for leveling, and it gives armor/shield recommendations (credit fuyukikun).

Yes, as the previous poster stated I was referring to kiting, especially if the mobs are slow you can walk around gathering a larger and larger group to blast.  Once you're 150ish, kiting works GREAT in nightmare clocktower for the Big Bell mobs.

AK = Abysmal Knight helm, its got a demi reduction and boss protocol reduction, so it would be good for say bio dungeon or MvP mobs.  The other three hats you mentioned are great, but afaik Evil Marching Hat is the best for now, dark pinguicula card if its +9 or below, seyren windsor if its higher than +10.

Blue lichterns take heavy reductions from fire, and with RTE and pseudo fire element dmg from cart cannon you'll probably do about half dmg.  You'd be better using a different weapon if you encounter an area with a lot of these kinds of mobs.  A lot of gene's carry an Erde as well as the RTE.

I don't think a RWC knife would do much good, because I believe base weapon atk and bonus atk effect the CC damage formula differently.

Also, as a side note, make sure you're using "Iron Cannonball".  Long ago when I first got 3rd class I made the mistake of using regular "Cannonball" because after reading the description I thought "Iron Cannonball" was only for mado mech X_X.

Hope this helps!

#7 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

Thanks fer the answers!

Not sure if I can hunt Valk Randgris for that nor buy a Valk Shield from the market

I do have a +9 Physical Set so I can switch to that.

I have +7 Erde ea4 ea3 so should I put AK or AS there instead? I have a spare clean erde to enchant if I need to keep one for 2AK and 2AS (Hopefully a good enchant too)

Are there any budget friendly Shields for racial cards? My last spare is a +7 Orlean's Server and I know it doesn't give much use aside from wearing an orlean glove.

Will fiddle more with me stuff and hopefully I finish homun quest soon . (Filed a leave fer that :heh: )

#8 Malgin

Malgin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'd put AS in that erde and use it on mobs that are resistant to fire, you'll want a better erde to put an AK card in for MvP's. As for shields, you can always use Round Buckler, it has great def and is relatively cheap, but may be hard to find on Ragial... so post up in Eden and buy a few for 200k each.

The homun quest is pretty short, here's a good walkthrough: 

http://ratemyserver....0020&type=50000

The longest part is just gathering the first set of items, and then going through all the NPC talking.

Good luck, if you have questions just PM me!

Edited by Malgin, 28 November 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#9 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

Thanks !

I found out that Orc Warrior drops that so I will hunt about 5pcs of it If I could. I'm from pRO and now in Thor so market is kinda hard to deal with :wah:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users