Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

Hmm, this sounds like maybe a file within your game corrupted itself. This does sometimes happen while the game patches (after a maint).

I would suggest you to completely uninstall the game and re-install it and check if this works. :p_smile:

#3 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:15 AM

Please, someone, tell the world that it isn't because you understand a matter fairly better than most that you can fix any problem without any info.

Anyway.

Step one : post it in the right section, namely technical support. Probably a mod will move this topic soon enough.

Step two : give precise information regarding your issue. Date and time, channel, particular portal, programs running in the background, Internet service provider and so on are necessary. It might either be a problem regarding your computer, as Fliedie wrote up there, or something related to the server, or anything else really.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:22 AM

Please, someone, tell the world that it isn't because you understand a matter fairly better than most that you can fix any problem without any info.

Anyway.

Step one : post it in the right section, namely technical support. Probably a mod will move this topic soon enough.

Step two : give precise information regarding your issue. Date and time, channel, particular portal, programs running in the background, Internet service provider and so on are necessary. It might either be a problem regarding your computer, as Fliedie wrote up there, or something related to the server, or anything else really.

I always fix problems without enough infos.

1st: I decide when to move a topic anywhere. We have many questions about this stuff also here in this topic.

2nd: Re-Installation is always the easiest way to exclude any other problems. There is no need in searching hours after hours for a problem which is just not existing. I don't think you ever worked in customer care or customer support? You always try the easiest way to fix problems. Re-Installing is the easiest way.

3rd: Homurasan, help is appreciated, but don't bash other players if they try to help. I know the player Fliederduft78 for a long time now, and the most stuff this player said is right or goes into the right direction.

4th: Homurasan, if you decide to help, please don't play the mod, like you said in the other topic that you like to. And please try to be a bit less rude and harsh against other players who are trying to help. Thank you.

give precise information regarding your issue. Date and time, channel, particular portal, programs running in the background, Internet service provider and so on are necessary. It might either be a problem regarding your computer, as Fliedie wrote up there, or something related to the server, or anything else really.

Please refrain from acting like a mod or supporter. Thank you.

#5 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:26 AM

I haven't said anything regarding Fliederduft's post other than "there's a chance he's right" ; how is that bashing ? And how on Earth am I acting like a mod when I say that a topic about a technical issue probably will be moved in the "technical support" area, or when I ask for detailed info on a problem ? If you're referring to the edit I did on my own post in flashy colour (namely "edit by Homurasan who likes writing like a mod", in italics and pink), I'm afraid I'll have to let you know it's a joke. A bloody joke, god damn it.

It's common sense to give as much information as possible regarding an issue one is experiencing, or maybe not saying anything other than "please fix" is a better way and I've never been told about it. I'm expecting anyone to give me as detailed information as possible so that I don't have to recommend downloading and installing a few GB of data - which can be extremely painful to someone with a low download speed. (on a side note, one could also let rakionist reinstall his whole game for lag caused by the distance to the server. Easiest way for sure, although that wouldn't solve a thing)

And once more, I didn't attack Fliederduft. I don't know who you think I am, but taking me for some ill-mannered person attacking someone I know for a few months without any respect for their work and dedication is insulting to me.

I'm not inclined to be insulted by anyone, here or anywhere else. I don't have a clue what makes you think I'm the bloody idiot you're describing, but you will have to change your mind about it. It isn't a threat nor a command, it's a fact.

Edited by Homurasan, 24 November 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#6 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:36 AM

Words don't cost money, I hope you two can choose nice words to speak with each other. Don't stress out.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

I don't have a clue what makes you think I'm the bloody idiot you're describing, but you will have to change your mind about it. It isn't a threat nor a command, it's a fact.

I never said you're a bloody idiot. But please read your post again and look how it sounds: It sound like you think everyone else is an idiot. And I often noticed that you're very harsh and rude against others. You will have to change your mind about it. And this is also a fact.

#8 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:09 AM

Why can't we just let it go or forgive each other? Don't make the topic insipid.

Edited by SoulSight, 24 November 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#9 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

It might either be a problem regarding your computer, as Fliedie wrote up there, or something related to the server, or anything else really.

I haven't said anything regarding Fliederduft's post other than "there's a chance he's right" ; how is that bashing ?

well.........actually you did...

You were basically calling me an idiot because I tried to help someone without having the needed info. Actually you told me "You need the world to tell me that I can't help someone without the needed info".....something like that.

And you didn't say a word regarding "a chance" I'm right.

You said "as Fliedie wrote up there"........that's all.

Uhrm, I don't know what exactly you were up to by writing this kind of thing.....but I don't care.

I just wanted to tell you I helped 50+ people with similar issues (can't get through a portal/game always crashs when going through a portal) by simply telling them to re-install the game, because they somehow got a corrupted file and this was messing up there game.

Not to mention all people I talked to were very happy afterwards, cause after a re-installation their problem was solved. This is the only reason why I answered how I answered. :p_smile:

And now stop being in a bad mood or something, whatever. It's totally not needed here.

I just tried to help someone and that's what I did and that's all that  is important to me.

No hard feelings whatsoever from my side.

#10 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

STOP! JUST STOP.
People don't bite the twinge of conscience to what they are used to doing. No feeling and emotion.
You turn angry when others speak the truth that contradicts the lie you are used to living with and end up justifying.

Get over it.

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

SoulSight, can you please also stop commenting everything someone says just for the sake of commenting?

Again I lock this topic now and the OP has gotten no help at all.

It seems to be normal these days that almost every topic goes into this direction and finally is dead or locked. It's sad to see it.

@bossrey, if you still have these issues you can PM me and we'll try to find a solution together. I think this topic can't be pushed into the right direction again.

Topic locked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users