• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hashtagmilkshake

hashtagmilkshake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

I was told Autowarg is the best for MVPing, but just double checking, it IS better then the as/warg hybrid build right?

I mainly made this character for fun / zenny making, so whatever proves to be better for farming mvps/instances is what I'll need.

Also, I need to buy a drooping edga, so I need to sell some items, I have been out of the game for so long so can an economist please tell me how much the following are worth;

+9 Autumn head band

+9 Evil Marching Hat Spell Master's

sorry for the questions, but any answers will be hugely appreciated!

#2 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:34 PM

https://forums.warpp...9-archer-class/

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

trapper - melee warg hybrid

#4 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

thought i clicked archer section by accident lol

#5 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

I did AS for leveling and auto warg for once I was content leveling. Enjoyed it all. Can probably go hybrid and still hit 193 aspd w/ agi temp boots (LD) and have great success. 

#6 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

i'm a hybrid and still hit 193 apsd easily without foods. crit is the hard part if you've got limited funds. but then, mvping on any character is hard if youve got limited funds.

some will tell you warger is best build for MVP, others will tell you its trapper. theres no right answer really. trapper will probably have an easier time in endless tower, all other things being equal (player skill, funds, ect). but trapper takes more knowledge and dedication than AS and warger builds. in any case, don't even worry about MVPing until you are 160+. til then, keep beefing up your AS so that people will invite you into parties.

#7 hashtagmilkshake

hashtagmilkshake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

OH oops, sorry this totally should have been in Archer forums. 

But I'm 175 now, I suppose I'll just go auto warg, hybrid sounds like it'll cost me more zenny. I'd go trap, but thats just more knowledge/skill.. I just wana wana click stuff and make it die o-o

Thanks all.

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:02 PM

melee warger = click stuff once and make it die

#9 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

... but trapper takes more knowledge and dedication than AS and warger builds. in any case, don't even worry about MVPing until you are 160+. til then, keep beefing up your AS so that people will invite you into parties.

I'm sorry, but those builds take as much knowledge and dedication as a trapper are. Granted, there are many players out there who use mainstream ranger builds to farm or for fun, but it doesn't mean those builds are any easier.

#10 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

Could always try both autowarg and AS.   Dropping a level 10 AS inbetween auto attacking is a good way to kill off some mvp mobs if they become an issue.  You can also open up with an AS and then finish with auto attacks.  AS will almost always do more damage on a single target than the amount of auto attacks you can pump out during the cast time and reclick time, so it is typically a good idea to always keep AS on cooldown even if you don't have AS gear.

#11 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Auto attack typically relies on keeping the enemy a distance away from you, so you won't get hit. If you alternate between auto attacks and AS, then you'll break the hitlock and, glass cannon as you are, die.

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

As a dedicated hybrid warger/as Ranger, I shall add my opinions!

1. It's expensive
  2. It's amazingly versatile
  3. It's fun
  4. You can hit 193 aspd with EASE, the trick is balancing arrow damage, aspd and CRIT
  5. You can always use AS as the lead attack on an MVP providing you target the mobs, and be ready to click mid AS on the MVP to begin the hitlock
  6. Builds vary quite a bit, I play to reduce or remove consumables whilst keeping moderate damage, max aspd during debuffs and have enough HP to survive tanking an MVP for a short duration should the lock break

P.S. @ cju711, please don't take the skill required for any Ranger builds to be considered lightly. Each build has it's pros and cons and require an equal amount of dedication to solo content or MVP.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 23 November 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#13 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

I prefer hybrid AS/warg. At lvl 160, i reach aspd 190 with 80k-100k AS.
I even have friend lvl 175, can reach 192 aspd just with wwset and autumn, soloing ogh and hit amdarais with 500k++ AS (no limit). And he kill valkyrie at ET when my noob gene can't.
But yes, its not the best choice. Everything have plus and minus point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users