chowli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

Hi all,

I'm return player since 2005 and excited to again re-start my path on paladin to RG. :heh:

Hence, a lot of things have changed since version and I'm still doing my research and study.

Understand the equip is situational based, but I would like to check the recommended gear for both lvling and MVP.

The gears I would like to check are:

a. When to use Heroic Pack and Nidhoggur’s Shadow Garb when lvling/mvping?

b. Temp Str Boot or Enhanced Variant Shoe? I'm not sure if temp str worth for it as it requires base 120 which I see most build not more than 100

c. EMH or Abysmal Knight for MVPing?

Thanks!  :thx:

#2 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

a.) Nyd for Elemental Reductions and SP leech stack with other leeching gears. HBP for those 90+ on stat extras. HBP needs to be +9 for its full potential but already gives bonuses at +7. Fallen Angel Wings (FAW) with the right enchants is considered the new best endgame garment in most cases (not always).

b.) 120 STR on a Leveling RG with Temp STR Boots is awesome! Get normal unrefined Variant Shoes  for now.

c.) Aby Knight Helm for now for the reductions. EMH under +9 refine is pointless for you. Better off with Ship Captains Hat for Vanishing damage. All in all I would say get an AK Helm.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:07 AM

Cannon spear is pretty decent even with crappy gears at least on low TI( where mobs have poor hp), and its the fastest skill to aquire. Staying on low TI for a bit (not leveling past 99~100) is an easy way to make some zeny with EMBs and TI loots

#4 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:45 AM

Yes, but quite hard to master for a newbie/returning player. + he need a good Imp. Spear.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:07 AM

Cannon spear+4 is good enough for low

Also m mentioning low ti,
IS is 102

Edited by Ashuckel, 26 November 2015 - 05:08 AM.

#6 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

You are either going to want to start with a long horn or cannon spear like Ash said and t 120 you're gonna want to farm up the ghost palace instance for a Thanatos Spear which gives decent HP+SP leech. The instance has ghost element mobs so bring a long horn for them. Eventually you are going to want to get a high + Imperial spear for MVPing, card it with either an archer skel or AK card and enchant it for ranged damaged at malangdo.

Most gears you need for MVPing on an RG are rather minimal. The most expensive ones are going to be your weapon and shield (assuming you're going for an alice shield), the rest are just pretty basic leveling gears like elemental armors and race reduction shields.

If you can get the money for them the Zodiac headgears that cast mild wind or the headgears that cast endows (endow headgear have a much lower proc then the zodiacs and can take off your weapon instead of endowing) can be very useful for Leveling and MVPing and save you money on converters. If you can manage to get a Hero Plate[1] (only for 160+) it will increase your vanishing point damage by 10%, give you +5% hp and SP and occasionally cast lvl10 SG.

Some MVPs require special gears to kill effectively. Like any MVP with Agi up requires a gungnir[2] with at least one mummy card and a shield carded with an ancient mummy card to get something like 50% hit rate on them. Or a Gae Bolg[2] enchanted for long range damage and two ground petite cards for Nidhoggur and Detardeurus. Lastly you might want to get a silversmith bracelet to spell break MVPs when they try to cast earthquake or to take a chunk out of something with really high HP like Reaper Yanku every so often.

#7 chowli

chowli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:20 AM

Thanks! This community is so helpful! Swordman class rock  :no1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users