Guild master M.I.A. but guild still active what to do? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guild master M.I.A. but guild still active what to do?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

As mentioned on the title if a guild is still active but the mastrer just quit and didn't transfered his power

what guild mates can do?

It's absurd that potentially 99 playeres need to abandon and make a new guild just because one left

or beiong splitted in different guilds.

Is there a way to change the master if the master is no more active?

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

The guildleader has to be the one to transfer leadership. If he doesn't, then that's that. The GMs can't just change guildleaders without the guildleader's consent.

#3 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

If the leader has been MIA for more than 30 days, you can write a ticket in to discuss moving leadership with GMs.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

If the leader has been MIA for more than 30 days, you can write a ticket in to discuss moving leadership with GMs.

And how do you plan to explain to the guildleader that his position was usurped by his guildies with WarpPortal help if he happens to return? That's like saying a car dealership can take back your car if you don't use it after a certain amount of time. Granted, guildleaders didn't pay for their guild, but their guild wouldn't exist without them creating it in the first place. I'd personally be pissed if I had to stop playing for a long time only to come back and find that my guild has been taken away from me. Then I'd had to go through the long process of dealing with Support staff to take back what shouldn't have been taken away in the first place.

You can't be sure that the guildleader is gone for good. Real life has a way of suddenly displacing players from the games they want to be dedicated to. What if he comes back but the guild doesn't want him? How will you determine who gets leadership rights? Are you saying any guildleader who leaves the game for too long can end up forfeiting their guild if their guildmembers wish it so? Then you'd have to determine what certifies as rightful ownership: the original person/people who created the guild or the guildmembers who had no hand in its creation?

#5 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

And how do you plan to explain to the guildleader that his position was usurped by his guildies with WarpPortal help if he happens to return? That's like saying a car dealership can take back your car if you don't use it after a certain amount of time. Granted, guildleaders didn't pay for their guild, but their guild wouldn't exist without them creating it in the first place. I'd personally be pissed if I had to stop playing for a long time only to come back and find that my guild has been taken away from me. Then I'd had to go through the long process of dealing with Support staff to take back what shouldn't have been taken away in the first place.

You can't be sure that the guildleader is gone for good. Real life has a way of suddenly displacing players from the games they want to be dedicated to. What if he comes back but the guild doesn't want him? How will you determine who gets leadership rights? Are you saying any guildleader who leaves the game for too long can end up forfeiting their guild if their guildmembers wish it so? Then you'd have to determine what certifies as rightful ownership: the original person/people who created the guild or the guildmembers who had no hand in its creation?

They have a series of requirements in order for leadership to pass on top of a leader being gone for 30 or more days.

Support put this in place because many leaders would leave the game and never return, but their members who helped build the guild up would want control over it instead of leaving and making a new guild.

Edit: Not a 'serious' of requirements, a 'series' of requirements.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

They have a serious of requirements in order for leadership to pass on top of a leader being gone for 30 or more days.

Support put this in place because many leaders would leave the game and never return, but their members who helped build the guild up would want control over it instead of leaving and making a new guild.

So basically you're saying a guildleader does stand to forfeit their guild if the guildmembers deem it so after a certain amount of time. Let's just hope for your guys' sake those guildleaders never return, 'cause that would make for some really bad WarpPortal-induced guild drama.

#7 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

So basically you're saying a guildleader does stand to forfeit their guild if the guildmembers deem it so after a certain amount of time. Let's just hope for your guys' sake those guildleaders never return, 'cause that would make for some really bad WarpPortal-induced guild drama.

We've had this policy for a long time now, and never had an issue with it.

It stemmed from guild members wanting back control over their guild after a guild leader had been gone for sometimes months.

If we do get a leader return who has an issue, we will definitely work with them on it. It just hasn't happened at this point to my knowledge, and we've been doing this for a couple years.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

We've had this policy for a long time now, and never had an issue with it.

It stemmed from guild members wanting back control over their guild after a guild leader had been gone for sometimes months.

If we do get a leader return who has an issue, we will definitely work with them on it. It just hasn't happened at this point to my knowledge, and we've been doing this for a couple years.

Well that's good to know. Does iRO follow this same policy as well or would I have to ask them about it?

#9 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

In the first place a guild shouldn't be the sole property of a single person since, by definition, a guild is an aggregation of people.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

In the first place a guild shouldn't be the sole property of a single person since, by definition, a guild is an aggregation of people.

That may be so, but individuals of authority such as guildleaders are still necessary to give the guild direction. Otherwise they should just implement the ability for guilds to have multiple guildleaders rather than one. Make it so guilds can be formed from group applicantions instead of just one player.

#11 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

Wow I didn't want to start such a drama I just wanted to know if there was an alternative since we are trying to talk with our master since months.
Anyway the master is not the owner of the guild but it's guardian, there is no guild without members but a guild shouldn't die if only one person stop playing. Anyway we will still try to contact him but we will do everything to not let our guild die! This is a shared decision between our members.

#12 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

It should be the guild master's responsibility to assign someone in case he/she needs to take a break from the game for whatever reason. If they didn't do so and just left the game without any sort of announcement and stayed inactive for a long period of time, then the remaining members shouldn't have to be leaderless. The "Guild Master" does come with a lot of perks and responsibilities, and if the rest of the guild are active then it can be more problematic if that master is not active. For instance when it comes to recruitment, I don't know why, but for some reason everyone is just so concerned about their ranks. No matter how casual your guild is there will always be people asking 'when do I rank up?' 'I've been a member for a long time, but I never rank up why why why?'. Only the master can fiddle with the ranks; having an active guild master is just easier. Yes, we need individuals of authority but its useless if they're not even online.

I suggest having a system where the leadership passes on to the next rank if a guild leader has been inactive for a month or even two. That way, we don't have to send tickets all the time and we'll always have a guild master :D

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

I suggest having a system where the leadership passes on to the next rank if a guild leader has been inactive for a month or even two. That way, we don't have to send tickets all the time and we'll always have a guild master :D

Would it be an automatic system? How would it determine who would be the most qualified guildmember to be guildleader? What if it chooses someone new? It doesn't seem like the guild system is capable of tracking how long a member has been with a guild.

#14 SilentHero13

SilentHero13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Locationサンフランシスコ
  • Server:L o a d i n g . . .

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

It should be the guild master's responsibility to assign someone in case he/she needs to take a break from the game for whatever reason. If they didn't do so and just left the game without any sort of announcement and stayed inactive for a long period of time, then the remaining members shouldn't have to be leaderless. The "Guild Master" does come with a lot of perks and responsibilities, and if the rest of the guild are active then it can be more problematic if that master is not active. For instance when it comes to recruitment, I don't know why, but for some reason everyone is just so concerned about their ranks. No matter how casual your guild is there will always be people asking 'when do I rank up?' 'I've been a member for a long time, but I never rank up why why why?'. Only the master can fiddle with the ranks; having an active guild master is just easier. Yes, we need individuals of authority but its useless if they're not even online.

Boo and you are next in line~

But yeah,  I mean usually if a guild master is well organized then he/she will have a person they trust or at least a group of people they can trust to run the guild if they go on hiatus/quit the game. (ie: Myself) And yeah with what Lyss said, I totes agree with the rank up example... I mean each guild has its own rank up system/tier and some aren't even really system, but for entertainment purposes. It just astonishes me how people really want to rank up so often. I don't see a huge issue with the current guild leader ticket transferring system in RO2. (But of course there's always room for improvement.)

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

Guildleaders going missing is nothing new in the realm of MMORPGs, but the question is whether guildmembers themselves should have the right to overthrow missing guildleaders. Yes, it sucks to have to start over again with a new guild if the guildleader has abandoned ship. On the other hand, usurping the guildleader position isn't nice for guildleaders who had to take a sudden leave of absence without warning.

Obviously the best course of action would be to allow guildleaders to set other members as guildleaders in case of situations like this. There are guilds that technically have multiple guildleaders, so why not have the guild system support that?

tumblr_lr2lpvlUXl1qbdxb9o1_500.jpg

#16 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

But yeah,  I mean usually if a guild master is well organized then he/she will have a person they trust or at least a group of people they can trust to run the guild if they go on hiatus/quit the game. (ie: Myself) And yeah with what Lyss said, I totes agree with the rank up example... I mean each guild has its own rank up system/tier and some aren't even really system, but for entertainment purposes. It just astonishes me how people really want to rank up so often. I don't see a huge issue with the current guild leader ticket transferring system in RO2. (But of course there's always room for improvement.)

bruhh Its Masami-chan not meee (or boo o.o) heuheu you shall not give me responsibilitiessss I dun wanna be spida man D:

I mean, I don't really have a problem with the current ticket thing, but I think sometimes players tend to send too many tickets. And I thought it would be easier if we had an automatic system, but of course that's just a suggestion. (If we think 1 month is too short, we could extend it to 3 months or something. That should be plenty of time to see if your leader comes back ._.)

Would it be an automatic system? How would it determine who would be the most qualified guildmember to be guildleader? What if it chooses someone new? It doesn't seem like the guild system is capable of tracking how long a member has been with a guild.

I... hope it will be automatic o.o Or you know, mutiny is always fun :D And with regards to the selection process, it won't be random. I did say next rank, implying the rank after the guild master. And I'm pretty sure most, if not all guild masters put someone they trust on that rank. This way the guild master still gets to choose who succeeds him/her.

It's not about usurping the throne guild master position in quest for powah (!!!) It's more for those guilds with leaders that have been MIA for quite some time. I mean come on how hard is it to send a message to someone in this day and age and tell your members "I'm taking a break for a while, but if you don't mind i'll keep guild lead. It's just a temp break and I'll be back". We have facebook, raidcall, mumbruh, teamspeak, whatever voipoopoo y'all use. We can even use the forums to send messages. Sometimes I even tell the kids I babysit to type 'brb' or 'afk' in game for ----- the point is, you don't even have to do it yourself - you can ask someone to send a message on your behalf. Just don't leave your buddies in game hanging.

There are some guild leaders that have completely quit the game but kept the lead, leaving those who are left behind to go to other places. And those guys might've bought the books 9s and 10s or got the guild to lv20 (storage booyah), I'd say its more unfair to them than to the poop who left them behind.

wow... this became more of a rant than I expected ._.

P.S Multiple guild leaders, DOES NOT WORK. There's always that shadow king/queen running things from behind. AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW MUAHAHHAA

#17 Mishhan

Mishhan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:52 PM

-ehem- give back Gala main guild -ehem-  :yawn:

#18 SilentHero13

SilentHero13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Locationサンフランシスコ

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

bruhh Its Masami-chan not meee (or boo o.o) heuheu you shall not give me responsibilitiessss I dun wanna be spida man D:

I mean, I don't really have a problem with the current ticket thing, but I think sometimes players tend to send too many tickets. And I thought it would be easier if we had an automatic system, but of course that's just a suggestion. (If we think 1 month is too short, we could extend it to 3 months or something. That should be plenty of time to see if your leader comes back ._.)

Oh damn, I forgot about my bby being next in line. -passes guild lead to you- /LeaveGuild

Yee I know haha. I was just saying like your suggestion is a good way to improve the process.

The more important thing is that I wish there were more ranks for I can mess around with guildies (especially Nana) and that there's the "last login" column. ;___;

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:25 PM

I... hope it will be automatic o.o Or you know, mutiny is always fun :D And with regards to the selection process, it won't be random. I did say next rank, implying the rank after the guild master. And I'm pretty sure most, if not all guild masters put someone they trust on that rank. This way the guild master still gets to choose who succeeds him/her.

It's not about usurping the throne guild master position in quest for powah (!!!) It's more for those guilds with leaders that have been MIA for quite some time. I mean come on how hard is it to send a message to someone in this day and age and tell your members "I'm taking a break for a while, but if you don't mind i'll keep guild lead. It's just a temp break and I'll be back". We have facebook, raidcall, mumbruh, teamspeak, whatever voipoopoo y'all use. We can even use the forums to send messages. Sometimes I even tell the kids I babysit to type 'brb' or 'afk' in game for ----- the point is, you don't even have to do it yourself - you can ask someone to send a message on your behalf. Just don't leave your buddies in game hanging.

There are some guild leaders that have completely quit the game but kept the lead, leaving those who are left behind to go to other places. And those guys might've bought the books 9s and 10s or got the guild to lv20 (storage booyah), I'd say its more unfair to them than to the poop who left them behind.

wow... this became more of a rant than I expected ._.

P.S Multiple guild leaders, DOES NOT WORK. There's always that shadow king/queen running things from behind. AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW MUAHAHHAA

Hmm, perhaps they can add a Mutiny option in the guild system. If enough guildmembers vote to Mutiny, the current guildleader could get booted and the first person to click the Become Guildleader button gets guild leadership.

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:04 PM

Every guild wants to be Hydra.

#21 SilentHero13

SilentHero13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Locationサンフランシスコ

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

Every guild wants to be Hydra.

#Inhumans4Lyfe

tumblr_nm5treuBEV1tcbchho4_250.gif

#22 ChangsAltron

ChangsAltron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

The fact that you even thought about taking off a Leadership, pissed me the **** off. There's something called respect, that most (if not all) vice-leaders learn through experience  when co-leading a guild.

A guild is synonymous of an ideal, a common goal, accepted and followed by all of their members, if the guild master doesn't feel anybody would carry those ideals, and randomly goes M.I.A without a word, that's a sign.

If you're talking about The Pact guild, don't do it. The life time of any guild is determined by his leader to keep it up or give it away. WarpPortal can do whatever they want, but respect is an "internal rule", we follow when co-leading a guild.

Take your 99 members off and start a brand-new guild with fresh ideals and goals.

Ciao

respect should run both ways, if you expect to quit the game and never come back, as a leader you have the responsibility of passing leadership on to someone else, if they dont want to then the leader should have kicked everyone and disbanded the guild. 

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

Which also begs the question as to who does the guild belong to: the person who created it (guildleader) or the people he/she recruit into the guild?

#24 ChangsAltron

ChangsAltron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

Which also begs the question as to who does the guild belong to: the person who created it (guildleader) or the people he/she recruit into the guild?

my take is to everyone in the guild, but semantics mean it is the leader's

it also depends on the circumstances. the guild i was in, the original leader (one who made it) quit (abandoned us more like), a new one replaced him, there was a falling out and most members left, guild kinda died but there were a handful of members left who wanted to continue, new leader just stopped playing, won't even respond to facebook, only heard from him a year later..

in this situation, democracy is more important than "the supreme creator of the guild" as he's out of the picture.

should be easy to give back leadership to original leader anyways, that's easier to take care of than trying to deal with a dead leader.. leaders shouldnt have to be afraid of being overthrown, it's an in guild affair, and no other persons other than the members of a guild decide the fate of a guild.

i'm all for dethroning an inactive leader, the only problem i see is what if everyone the original leader knew are now non-existent in the guild and basically all members and leader of the guild are new blood, a new page. well.. it's gonna be messy.

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

my take is to everyone in the guild, but semantics mean it is the leader's

it also depends on the circumstances. the guild i was in, the original leader (one who made it) quit (abandoned us more like), a new one replaced him, there was a falling out and most members left, guild kinda died but there were a handful of members left who wanted to continue, new leader just stopped playing, won't even respond to facebook, only heard from him a year later..
in this situation, democracy is more important than "the supreme creator of the guild" as he's out of the picture.

should be easy to give back leadership to original leader anyways, that's easier to take care of than trying to deal with a dead leader.. leaders shouldnt have to be afraid of being overthrown, it's an in guild affair, and no other persons other than the members of a guild decide the fate of a guild.

i'm all for dethroning an inactive leader, the only problem i see is what if everyone the original leader knew are now non-existent in the guild and basically all members and leader of the guild are new blood, a new page. well.. it's gonna be messy.

Which is exactly why WarpPortal shouldn't get involved in it by aiding in such drama through the Support system. If guilds have issues with leadership, then that's on them. For WarpPortal to step in and officially offer usurping services is what's disconcerting about the whole thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users