Best Accessory To Put an Elvira Card in? - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Accessory To Put an Elvira Card in?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

I have no idea, and don't want to place it in something I'll regret later on. Can someone give me some assistance please?

#2 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

1) Rwc pendant if you can have perfect enchants matk% 3/3 int3/dex3

2) Maelstrom pendant. Cheaper and not account bound.

Edited by Richkr, 28 November 2015 - 07:23 PM.

#3 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:54 AM

Thank you for this advice! Phen carded 2nd accessory? Or buwaya Tattoo and just get an Orlean's?

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:13 AM

Dont restrict to 1 elvira pls.

Go orleans or geffen magic robe. If you have the money to afford it, spellflow shadow set

#5 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:43 PM

Mmk, understood. After doing a bit of extra research it seems like alot of the things I need take a bit of time to find. Ill just keep buying them 1 at a time until im ready to move forward with my future mage. There is another thread around here that I found that asked about the ideal warlock gear for woe, in it i found alot of good information i can apply to my own builds as well. Thanks guys.

#6 TothWL

TothWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

How bad is 3/3 cast instead of 3/3 matk for RWC with Elvira?

After two years of waiting they came into bRO and I invested a good ammount of money  thinking 3/3 cast would be the best to put an Elvira in when they're available.

Worst case scenario I think I can trade or sell them, but what would I be missing in dps on the long run is really worth it? 
Assuming my matq right now is 309 + 521, I did some math and it's something like 26 matq less than 3/3 matk.

thoughts?

Edited by TothWL, 29 November 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:25 AM

Seems like you've answered your own question

#8 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:15 AM

Thank you for this advice! Phen carded 2nd accessory? Or buwaya Tattoo and just get an Orlean's?

The best would be +10 Spellflowset, 2 elviras and use whatever armor you want like unfrozen elemental. Orlean's/Geffen Robe if you don't have spellflow. I don't like phen. I'd use it only if I need both unfrozen & elemental reduction. But since spellflow was released, never anymore. I love spellflow cuz It allows me to use Bryn + gtb + 2x elviras w/o having cast penalty.

Buwaya is not bad but It's unslotted. Like Ash said, totally worth investing in 2 elviras.

How bad is 3/3 cast instead of 3/3 matk for RWC with Elvira?

After two years of waiting they came into bRO and I invested a good ammount of money  thinking 3/3 cast would be the best to put an Elvira in when they're available.

Worst case scenario I think I can trade or sell them, but what would I be missing in dps on the long run is really worth it? 
Assuming my matq right now is 309 + 521, I did some math and it's something like 26 matq less than 3/3 matk.

thoughts?

If you are 175 and still having problems with casting time, then sp3/3 will do.

But I guess matk% 3/3 is more dps wise. It stacks pretty well with 40% from 2 Elvira taking your SE/CL to another level. It's outstanding.

Edited by Richkr, 30 November 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#9 TothWL

TothWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, for some reason I didn't think of the % cast reduction on Intense Telekinesis (we still don't have the 175 expac., in my defense :P).

Getting 3/3 might be hard at this point, only 1 day left to close the maintenance and end the sales. I'm going with a 2/3 and whatever hahah

#10 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

Alright, got my 2nd Elvira Card today so I'm definitely going to be moving forward with the build full-force. The Spell-Flow Shadow set is 950 in the shop, think im going to invest into that and just slowly upgrade it myself as i go. Already looking into what potential armors ill buy. Someone offered to sell me a +12red pom w/ lichtern yellow. I know that's more woe related but the 10% ghost magic damage seems pretty appealing lol. Headgear is pretty much up in the air for me as well, cause realistically don't think i'll ever get a kiel card. And even if i did come across it most of my budget is focused on my Rune Knight so i don't think it would be wise for me to invest into it. I have a +7 HBP i can use as my robe for now, maybe during xmas season ill try to +9 the hbp and just use that since it's just collecting dust atm.

#11 TothWL

TothWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

I'm so happy =3

Invested a liiittle bit more and got a  3/3 3 int matk and a 2/3 2 int matk, this is going to do.

My other 3/3 cast i'm going to use with scaraba for leveling and what not (still 150 in bRO).

#12 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

Alright, got my 2nd Elvira Card today so I'm definitely going to be moving forward with the build full-force. The Spell-Flow Shadow set is 950 in the shop, think im going to invest into that and just slowly upgrade it myself as i go. Already looking into what potential armors ill buy. Someone offered to sell me a +12red pom w/ lichtern yellow. I know that's more woe related but the 10% ghost magic damage seems pretty appealing lol. Headgear is pretty much up in the air for me as well, cause realistically don't think i'll ever get a kiel card. And even if i did come across it most of my budget is focused on my Rune Knight so i don't think it would be wise for me to invest into it. I have a +7 HBP i can use as my robe for now, maybe during xmas season ill try to +9 the hbp and just use that since it's just collecting dust atm.

Valk armor / slotted elemental armor if you default spellflow. Afaik yellow lichtern increases earth and ghost by green lichtern. If that's true this +12 rpb is not as good as you think. At least It should have a bad resale value. For headgear I use +12 Ordinary magician hat KK card. It has a bypass effect which is wonderful. rpb if you woe. +9 hbp is ok to start with. Aim for +9 Faw in the future.

I'm so happy =3

Invested a liiittle bit more and got a  3/3 3 int matk and a 2/3 2 int matk, this is going to do.

My other 3/3 cast i'm going to use with scaraba for leveling and what not (still 150 in bRO).

Nice. Since you got 2, I'd just leave sp3/3 clean and use it for something else. It's gonna be useful for other classes. Unless WL is your main

#13 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

i saw someone put it on the geffen ring :D they're slotted :)

#14 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

geffen ring is ok too. But I think you need to combo with either Robe/Suit for optimal effect.

#15 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:49 AM

Well, FAW really is that much better huh. In that case I won't even bother upgrading the Backpack, I'll save up and get a FAW in 2-3 weeks time, might as well save up for one with max enchant and save myself the trouble of doing it myself. I read up on RWC pendants and I'm a bit confused, it says you can slot them but they can no longer be encanted once you do? Or maybe that was in the past, and now they can be both enchanted and slotted. Cause from what i understand it's a 50% chance of me getting one from a rally box, so it's not even guaranteed that I'd get 2 right away. I'm also confused on pendants of maelstorm, since there are similar ones that are called pendant of harmony (but they don't have a slot, maybe it's a hidden slot and same item?). If it is indeed a different item, how do i obtain a maelstorm pendant eden? Ended up having an unfrozen valk armor in my storage so im pretty ok in that regard.

Edited by Angelolol3, 01 December 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#16 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:02 AM

+9 HBP is the best all-around gear cuz It works off your stats only instead of specific enchants like +9 Faw (It has stats bonus too). You need just one and most classes can share the same hbp. You can't go wrong with it. It provides more neutral reduction than Faw and also more affordable. I'd recommend having at least one.

+9 Faw is better if you know what you're doing cuz It's good at doing 1 thing specific (Ranged% ATK/aspd/Crit/ATK/-%cast/mdef). Aim for both :)

Yes you can replace your RWC 3rd enchant with a slot but you can't do the other way around. And no, It's a 100% chance of getting the pair (ring & pendant)

Pendant of Harmony and Pendant of Chaos are not slotted and dropped/obtained in Nightmarish Jitterbug (instance). At the end of the run there is an NPC that combines both into Pendant of Maelstrom. This one is slotted with the good effects you want. I can't provide much details about the instance cuz I've done just once and almost died of boredom. You can buy from other players for 150-200m. Again, malestrom is not account bound and relatively cheaper than rwc so It might be a good alternative.

#17 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Awesome to hear that, because everytime i make a new character it always seems like my HBP gets pushed to the side. Both my RK and GX have +9 FAWs and I always say "I'll use my HBP someday". Thank you for the explanation and clearing up a lot of my confusion! As soon as im done saving up then, I'll scoops 2 maelstorm pendants before anything else. For now, I'll get a cheap Moon Rabbit Hat for 15m, until i have the income to get a better headgear. I saw a Skullcap for 99m today in eden and was sooo close to buying it, but saw the price +9's go for and it was pretty reasonable. I'll leave the weapon and boots till the very end, because I think i want to try to enchant my own weapon w/ Seagods and alot of the enchanted dex boots i see are so expensive. I might just use a variants i have laying around for now.

Edited by Angelolol3, 01 December 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#18 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:52 AM

Pendant of maelstrom absorb magical aoe dmg, so no sure if is a good idea to put elviras on, i dont have a pair but i sought those on WOE and they dont have a very good sinergy with mage classes, actually even when friendly guildies wore them, my DMG keep being sucked, i dont know if that happen aswell on PVM and with your own maelstrom because that would be potentially disastrous. I think RWC is one of the best option, the enchants really depend on your build and your MATK at the moment, %MATK gives you a huge boost as long as you have a lot of MATK, the spell reduction gives you more DPS in terms you cast faster, if you can go around the casting problem, then %MATK would be better. All of that is depending what are you want to do with your warlock, go to WOE or PVM.

The big problem about Warlocks tough is the spamability, most warlocks rely heavily on Stringers to actually do something because of their long global skill delay. One way to turn around that is using gear that actually drop the cast delay off. Granted if you have kiels is extremely easy, but kiels give you only 30% at top 60% with both and they are MVP cards, so are not easily obtainable. There is gear that actually can reduce your cast delay by alot and they are not MVP, 2x expert rings slotted(10%) diabolous robe (10%) and is slotted, only usable by aco and mage classes i think, and the more important piece of gear will be TSOD highly upgraded, (it reduces cast delay according to the refine*3/2; so a +10 will reduce in 15% and a +12 will reduce it in 18%) with that setup you can achieve 38% cast delay reduction, so pretty much with proper cast reductions some spells could be spammed as fast as your aspd allows you, some other will be better in terms of dps as well, is pretty much halving the delay time of a lot of skills like, for example chain lightning wich has 3 seconds of global skill delay will be cut to practically 1.8 seconds.

You could keep adding things but you have to manage to get some dmg, in fact +9 COD gives you 5% reduction aswell, but i think Skull CAP will be better in terms of DMG. As i told before this is for more a PVM use, because TSOD is a mandatory staff to achieve this kind of reduction.

So im counting you go for spell flow because you wont have access to orleans or phen with this setup, and you have most of the items posted before.

Edited by Sewasan, 02 December 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:12 AM

Costume Quve gives aspd -.-

#20 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

Costume Quve gives aspd -.-

My mistake for that, the other day one guy from a well recognized guild told me about that, i take it for granted, the other gears still work tough, and why the face, lol xD some people on this forums are kind of salty, ok already fixed :)

Edited by Sewasan, 02 December 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#21 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:36 AM

Interesting, thank you for your thoughts. Just thought I'd put this out there btw, i haven't made my mage yet. All I've done thus far is bought gears, theory crafted and asked for opinions. My original idea was to make a warlock, but many people have been telling me in-game to make a sorcerer instead. That i would make a lot more use of my gears and that i would have alot of fun. I have no experience with mage classes at all, so im going to keep doing some more reading on what the characters have to offer and pretty much take other people's opinion into high consideration since they have "been there done that". I'm going to not be cheap at this point and get 2x rwc, but im going to wait for x-mas time to purchase those pendants because of the potential dollar sink. In the meantime, I'm focusing on either obtaining, or upgrading already obtained gears so that I'm ready once the time comes. TSOD is mandatory huh, thank you noted.  I have 30 seagods atm, waiting to obtain 30 more and just keep them around until enchant time comes across. 

And yes, i will be using a spell-flow shadow set 100%. I've been looking at the price ranges for the +9 sets to see if it's worth obtaining instead of making my own. Funny, i have 3 quve costumes and sold them all XD

#22 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

I would say it depends.

I own Pendand of Maelstrom x2, RWC (matk 6%) x2, Geffen Intensification accessory thing x2 and Expert Ring x2 all with Elvira Card in it and I can say that it depends on the situation.

If I use Anti Magic Armor, I use Geffen Accessory... if I decide to go full damage (usually precasting), I go with RWC... Leveling or rushing emp I go with Maelstrom and If I go solo with LYC, I go either with 2 Expert Ring or combination of any depending on the gear I'm using.

#23 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

I would say it depends.

I own Pendand of Maelstrom x2, RWC (matk 6%) x2, Geffen Intensification accessory thing x2 and Expert Ring x2 all with Elvira Card in it and I can say that it depends on the situation.

If I use Anti Magic Armor, I use Geffen Accessory... if I decide to go full damage (usually precasting), I go with RWC... Leveling or rushing emp I go with Maelstrom and If I go solo with LYC, I go either with 2 Expert Ring or combination of any depending on the gear I'm using.

Wait, then, i was thinking on obtain the geffen intensifiers, but i have a doubt, they do stack? i mean when you used them with the anti magic suit they give you 10% aftercast delay reduction? because if they do, those will be better than expert ring at some point because also gives reduction against demi human and 5% matk. but only if they stack.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

Item Combo doesnt stack on RO. It checks +/- like this:

Combo of X+Y parts.
X part is present
Y part is present (even if you have more than one)
Activate combo effect

#25 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

Item Combo doesnt stack on RO. It checks +/- like this:

Combo of X+Y parts.
X part is present
Y part is present (even if you have more than one)
Activate combo effect

Oh ok, thx :D, then i think is good but better put one elvira on one of the geffen instensifier then a second one on an expert ring i guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users