Best Accessory To Put an Elvira Card in? - Page 2 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Accessory To Put an Elvira Card in?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:13 PM

I upgraded my +7HBP to a +9, got an amazing deal on a Valk Armor +3INT enchant, bought a SkullCap and upgraded it to +7, oh and a bought a tsod. Also found a random Robo Eyes laying around inside one of my storages. Next up is the hunt for some Dex Boots. I'll need two of them since i also have a rune knight, I know Rune Knights get Firelock...but for a sorcerer i should buy enchanted ones? Or maybe i should just share the boots with both characters lol.

#27 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:49 PM

Runaway Magic is too awesome to miss.

#28 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:48 AM

Gotcha, so I'll be looking for some Runaway/Spell5's.

#29 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

Runaways are definitely nice for damage but do keep in mind it will drain your sp very quickly each time it activates

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:57 AM

for sorc thats not a problem

#31 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:45 PM

So far I've come across several Temp INT boots with MR/Spell5 but no dex boots. I'm just going to be really patient until a the dex ones pops up. Any idea what the proper asking price should be? I want to go to eden in like 2-3 weeks and request to buy it...but have no clue. I searched google and previous vends and only saw ranges of pricing for int boots. 

On a side note, got a +9skullcap now and will be saving for a KK card sometime in the near future.

#32 Cormael

Cormael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

Is the thread starter warlock or sorcerer? I asked because I've been considering on Elvira cards for my SP3/3 RWCs on my sorcerer.

However, I get the feeling that this is a warlock thread when looking at the replies.

It might be a bit offtopic but if not Elvira cards on my sorc, may I know which other cards are good?

My initial choices were between Elvira cards, DL Essence Int3 or Scaraba cards.

So far I've come across several Temp INT boots with MR/Spell5 but no dex boots. I'm just going to be really patient until a the dex ones pops up. Any idea what the proper asking price should be? I want to go to eden in like 2-3 weeks and request to buy it...but have no clue. I searched google and previous vends and only saw ranges of pricing for int boots. 

On a side note, got a +9skullcap now and will be saving for a KK card sometime in the near future.

It would be nice if someone would also answer this question because I'm also looking for one.

#33 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:13 AM

Is the thread starter warlock or sorcerer? I asked because I've been considering on Elvira cards for my SP3/3 RWCs on my sorcerer.

However, I get the feeling that this is a warlock thread when looking at the replies.

It might be a bit offtopic but if not Elvira cards on my sorc, may I know which other cards are good?

My initial choices were between Elvira cards, DL Essence Int3 or Scaraba cards.

It would be nice if someone would also answer this question because I'm also looking for one.

I'm actually just a mage at the moment, i have been purposely waiting and leveling another account at the moment because I do not know which path i should chose. I had originally made this thread with the intent of playing a warlock...but many people have been telling me go for a sorcerer, and now I'm torn between the two and have no sense of direction. So until I decide which of the two is best for what I'm trying to accomplish, I'll remain as a mage lol.

#34 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:36 AM

I was under the impression he was playing a warlock. Are elviras really that useful for sorcs?

Edited by hotel, 12 December 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#35 Cormael

Cormael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:41 AM

I'm actually just a mage at the moment, i have been purposely waiting and leveling another account at the moment because I do not know which path i should chose. I had originally made this thread with the intent of playing a warlock...but many people have been telling me go for a sorcerer, and now I'm torn between the two and have no sense of direction. So until I decide which of the two is best for what I'm trying to accomplish, I'll remain as a mage lol.

While I havent played a warlock, I loved my sorcerer.

My sorc should've just been a converter maker but I decided I needed an SP slave.

When it got to the point where I can make it a sorc, I was like "wth, why not." and I loved it ever since. haha.

Although its probably because I got some spare equips it could use which was really good enough that I could do fast casts / instant casts.

My bias on sorc would probably be from my feeling that sorcs are a bit more straightforward than warlocks.

I was under the impression he was playing a warlock. Are elviras really that useful for sorcs?

Maybe instant cast wind-element PWave on target under water insignia?

Edited by Cormael, 12 December 2015 - 02:02 AM.

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:25 AM

I can do 110k wind pwaves on my sorc with water insignias against water mobs, 240k vaetyr.(RM proc ofc)
And about 80k pwaves and 150k vaetyr on fenrir on GMT with a +11 kvm.
And you dont really need to cast water insignia to have a great damage on wind pwaves when you use elviras, i do easily 60k per hit with just the elviras.

The price of a dex boots sp5/RM should be something around 250-350

PS: i wish there were more demi-human mobs of water element xD

#37 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

I can do 110k wind pwaves on my sorc with water insignias against water mobs, 240k vaetyr.(RM proc ofc)
And about 80k pwaves and 150k vaetyr on fenrir on GMT with a +11 kvm.
And you dont really need to cast water insignia to have a great damage on wind pwaves when you use elviras, i do easily 60k per hit with just the elviras.

The price of a dex boots sp5/RM should be something around 250-350

PS: i wish there were more demi-human mobs of water element xD

Thank you for the pricing information. I bought a Temp Dex RM/SP5 for 250m today. I also bought a KK card for the +9SkullCap. I haven't carded the cap yet, figured id leave it uncarded for now since I'm using a +7leafcathat to level anyways. I have a clean TSOD i had originally planned on enchanting. But ....after reading i need a +10 for the Skullcap effect, not even going to bother. I'll just use this clean one to level and straight up buy a 10. Once i have that 10 I'll work on enchanting it as i go.

#38 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:19 AM

Spell enchants have more general use, and are better on early levels. Later on if you really want to make this aorc strong you will opt for INT enchants on it, 10 or above. The damage is higher, and you can reach insta with dex+int

#39 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

[Total dex x 2] + [total int] = 530 or higher for stats based variable instant cast.

And as ashuckel said, spells are good if you cant get enough equip reduction to cast time. Later levels, int is a higher modifier cause total int is a base multiplier in sorc damage, whereas matk is additive. Thats why runaway magic proc is much better on a sorc. Indulge and 200 int is roughly 2.25-2.5 times more damage

#40 TothWL

TothWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:48 AM

Not related to this, but I don't feel like creating a new topic on this subject also: what does you guys think about vesper? I don't think it's worth the money, unless you have A LOOOOT of money and nothing to spend on. 

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

Vesper is meh

I'd prefer a lot more Kiel over it, unless u are partying with a stringer.

#42 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

I'd love a vesper. Thats something i want to test to see if its worth it. With a sorc, a kiel isn't AS useful as i would value a vesper (for solo mvping only.)

Usually, after playing sorc for a while, you can figure out the best way to cycle your 4-5 spells with minimal downtime. Simply because Varytr spear has a 2 sec cooldown. High int>dex>vit builds generally doesn't have enough agi for spell spamming, Dex>vit>int>agi builds generally don't pull as much damage, and 1 dex builds require ventus to be viable, thus forcing you to wind convert and then i'd suggest water insignia. but vesper would add more damage, i would like to see how that damage is calculated. 

edit* i refer to agi in the sense of aspd and cast animation. 

Edited by Lapphy, 15 December 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:37 AM

with 175 cap you can have a lot of agi, as well as maxed int, 120 dex and high vit

Also, as scholar, either go Free Cast 10, or dont get it at all. It will drop your aspd significantly when you cast anything, making chaining harder/worse.

Edited by Ashuckel, 16 December 2015 - 01:38 AM.

#44 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

Define alot, at 125 int, 110 dex and 115 vit, can only afford 30~ points in agi

Thats for my stats instant, and i can only afford 20 agi, and need str for pots and gems, elemental stones etc

120 dex, 130 int, what 95 vit? 30 agi? For a max damage dex boot sorc? Really expensive for that 130 int, rather just do 120/120 at that point to get more agi.

Easiest on the 1 dex sorc but its not really as viable

By the by, i consider a lot 70+

I get like freecast 3-5 depending on role. Its not so much for the aspd, as im pretty good at spell chaining, but more for the pos bug that happens so often when you cast and get hit. Free cast helps a lot when you can position better

Edited by Lapphy, 17 December 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:31 AM

For pvm you dont need more vit than stun immunity. My sorc has 90 vit, 130 int, 120 dex, 65 agi.

#46 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

I woe on em

#47 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

No strength ash? How did you get by in bio4 with carrying gems.

Edited by Ashore, 17 December 2015 - 04:32 PM.

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

mistress.

Also, is not like its much of a trouble anyway, sorcs can stay 89% just fine, think well about wich gears to bring and how many pots, use them wisely. then just bring gems. Its pretty easy to go with almost 1k of each per run if you have Gym passes lv10

Edited by Ashuckel, 17 December 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#49 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

Like Ashuckel said, on PVM is not really a problem to go OW on a sorc, anyway you can recover your SP easily, when i go to Bio tough i dont even need that many gems, basically is like 300-350 (blue/yellow) per run to keep a constant ME spam and like 500 condensed if you go full resistance there (because you cant do that much dmg anyway with ME on top) plus some ygg leafs because, you never know xD.

In WOE tough is a little bit more difficult, because you have to control a lot more your weight for things like resistances, tough, i think that is more important if you are going to be frontline dealing with the SC 1o1, i have a debuffer/support sorc and i invested a lot on AGI even if i can reach instant with stats (with foods tough) but i guess that even with 175 cap you have to chose, if you go full dmg you wont be able to resist like an hibryd or like a full support Sorc

#50 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:59 PM

Update: Got a +9FAW and on my first try (free enchant) got Spell 17. What an awkward enchant to land on first try...a part of me wants to leave it since it cost no zeny, but another part says perfect enchant..............anyways i think im going to leave it uncarded since i already have a raydric backpack. Not sure what the most optimal card would be for me...oh and i had some fun w/ enriched hammer, i was able to +9 my temp dex rm/sp5 shoes. I failed to +9 my +7Valkarmor w/ +3 Int though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users