• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 talkingtomtom

talkingtomtom

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:21 AM

i am wondering why gm do not plan to create some new ultimate skills for char after 3rd job change. :p_sad:  The question marks in the skill tree of 3rd job remained unchanged since 3rd jobs were released. Many new ideas like chain combo was added, but why did the blanked ultimates still not change? I believe this game will be more interesting if gm try to invent a series of new ultimates.(at least i think it is :heh:

P.S. sorry for my poor english. I am not a native english speaker lol.

#2 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

Every class has one ultimate. We don't really need any more. Most players prefer to use their Awakening on different skills

#3 talkingtomtom

talkingtomtom

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:28 AM

Every class has one ultimate. We don't really need any more. Most players prefer to use their Awakening on different skills

aww. Probably i used the wrong term. I mean that why gm are not planning to make new awaken skills. :p_smile:

#4 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:36 AM

Maybe they don't because a few other things are more... urgent, in a way. Namely reworking the element system, balancing classes so that no one is forced to play a class chosen from only three among the ten we have...

I can only imagine the amount of work and dedication needed for this, but I assume a few awakening skills won't bring as much to everyone as one of these big updates would. It would feel like "Galaxia, part 2 : skills to use in an environement full of bugs" ! :P

#5 talkingtomtom

talkingtomtom

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

Maybe they don't because a few other things are more... urgent, in a way. Namely reworking the element system, balancing classes so that no one is forced to play a class chosen from only three among the ten we have...

I can only imagine the amount of work and dedication needed for this, but I assume a few awakening skills won't bring as much to everyone as one of these big updates would. It would feel like "Galaxia, part 2 : skills to use in an environement full of bugs" ! :P

This pretty disappointed me but it is true. :sob: Still wishing the new awaken skills will be released one day. :p_smile:

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

+There can only be so many awaikening skills for them to make sense, since you know, you need to have some of that bar left to use the skills. Maybe we can have a few more skills, perhaps as a part of class balancing, but that's not something I think the team should worry about too much.

#7 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:01 AM

+There can only be so many awaikening skills for them to make sense, since you know, you need to have some of that bar left to use the skills. Maybe we can have a few more skills, perhaps as a part of class balancing, but that's not something I think the team should worry about too much.

Actually, not many classes use Awakening skills : Overlord (1), Sorcerer (0), Sentinel (1), Destroyer (0), Savage (1), Ninja (1), Earth Master (1), Jumeaux (don't know).

Since the ultimate skills were re-worked into base-damage (except Dragoon), those skills become extremely weak and not even worth 60 points to skill.

However, I believe new skills would also optimistically contribute part of balancing.

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

My opinions on awakenings:

Dragoon (Both awakenings are underrated.)

Overlord (Only one is decent)

Invoker (All hail the Naked CC Storm Goddess!)

Sorcerer (Only one is useful in PvE against bosses like BD or something)

Sentinel (One is insane damage and slow, the other is okay at best)

Destroyer (Why use them when sniping outdamages both?)

Savage (One is an amazing stun, the other is kinda useless.)

Ninja (One is amazing, the other is crap)

Summoner (Petrification, Slow, Jump/Dash block in one, a godlike summon in the other)

Twin (Both suck)

#9 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:59 AM

My opinions on awakenings:

Dragoon (Both awakenings are underrated.)

Overlord (Only one is decent)

Sorcerer (Only one is useful in PvE against bosses like BD or something)

Destroyer (Why use them when sniping outdamages both?)

I don't actually deny your observation.

As you mentioned before, for the dragoon part, i really like Ascension Dragon & Dragon Dive because they rapid multiple hits. Ascension dragon strikes 10 times and Dragon Dive strikes 8 times which are very good at pvp & pve. However, it still depends on time; good timing will make a lot of damage. And also the effect.

As awakening skills, these two make damage based on weapon. It is really strong.

For Overlord, Death Stinger is your favorite, really decent.

Sorcerer so far I have seen and known that they don't use any awakening skills in pvp. In pve, especially arcade mode, obviously for ranking but I believe that they have enough skill to "spam" due to low cooldown. Awakening skills are not actually necessary, none of them.

For Destroyer, the important part of using Particle Cannon is getting rank in arcade mode. It has large range and damage while H.E grenade, Gatling Gun, Snipe, Shootdown & multishot can't clean up a bunch of mobs in 1 sec and continuously.

For sentinel, I don't understand why people say Wind Blade sucks when i read the description, it's underrated that I don't see many people use it. I cap my sentinel lv60 so I really don't acknowledge much.

Edited by SoulSight, 29 November 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#10 talkingtomtom

talkingtomtom

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:00 AM

so about a rework for the existed awaken skill instead of addition of new awaken skills? :hmm:

#11 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

As a  sentinel

Ice Shower= Incredibly strong, 0 super armour

Wind Blade= Meh dmg, Strong super armour, bleed was never updated to the new bleed effect(which would make it something like 500dmg/sec instead of 10)

Our ultimate Multi Stripe is the strongest ultimate in the game with the highest damage potential and it's worth getting if you have the extra skill points for PvE.

I can't really see the need for anymore awakens for this class, maybe a trap line of awaken skills?

#12 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Am I the only one who uses demolition charge on the overlord?

#13 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

Sadly Demolition charge doesn't do any demolition damage.  :heh: 

#14 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

Sure it does, if you have 600% cd and fully charge it on a woodie with 120k Patk.

#15 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

I don't think the fact that some skills suck calls for more skills though, just changes to the old ones. If every class has 3 too awakening skills, 4 if you count the ultimate, that'll be enough of those in my opinion.

#16 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

@Agitodesu : It was a joke, I mean this demolition.

m1CQOU2.png

I don't think the fact that some skills suck calls for more skills though, just changes to the old ones. If every class has 3 too awakening skills, 4 if you count the ultimate, that'll be enough of those in my opinion.

Actually there is one skill does not consume awakening gauge.

Seriously, talktomom is right. A rework should be done before adding more skill. Adding more skill only waste SP to skill the prerequisites.

I'm pointing out the CONs of "unpopular" awakening skills.

Demolition Charge : Too slow, no superamor, 1 hit only.

Demolition Bomber, Reverse Gravity, Lightning Storm, Club Mania, Multi Illusion and Cross Fist : too weak, rather spending 60 SP on something else.

Magma Piston and Soul Drain : Slow and weak.

Nuclear : Slow, Particle Cannon is better.

Marionette : Nice martial art but...*facepalm*.

Shadow Blade : No idea but Cross Blade is enough.

Dragon Rage : X spamming is better.

Infinite Scuffle and Consecutive Hit : No idea.

#17 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

"Reverse gravity" is a flashy move that clearly shows how strong a Sorcerer's magical power is. As a sheer demonstration of their ruling over physic laws, it earns itself the name of "ultimate skill".

Seriously though, it's true that it doesn't deal that much damage : I never saw any numbers other than (base) 50/100/150 thousands. Less than a Blizzard + Emblem combo.

#18 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

I've found the ultimate skills great for groggying bosses in black claw nest, but other than that, they're not very impressive, and certainly not worth the Awakening. I can agree that some Awakening skills could be updated, but I feel an entire rework is unecessary.

#19 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:09 AM

"Reverse gravity" is a flashy move that clearly shows how strong a Sorcerer's magical power is. As a sheer demonstration of their ruling over physic laws, it earns itself the name of "ultimate skill".

It cannot even lift a SWAT!

Back to topic, I wonder not only fixing/reworking awakening skills to balance but also other normal skills which cause imbalance at the same time since this is a game of playing with personally creative combo or even XXXXXXXXXXX!

Edited by SoulSight, 30 November 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#20 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

Back to topic, I wonder not only fixing/reworking awakening skills to balance but also other normal skills which cause imbalance at the same time since this is a game of playing with personally creative combo or even XXXXXXXXXXX!

It is all about the stats. Pretty sure X spam will can be dunked to the lower tuer if you remove their attack speed and nullify their (critical) damage.

In my opinion, skills aren't the main source of the unbalance beetween classes (for most of them.) Just one of the consequences.

#21 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

It is really literally wrong when normal strikes make more damage than skills, it's a sign of exuberancy of the existence then what's the point?

Removing attack speed and nullifying their (critical) damage will hurt them especially who already invested such those stats. When I look at the Earth Master's chain combo, I realize that I prefer to add 2s cooldown in the chain combo to prevent X-spamming and consider when to use properly. There are many other chain combos, they should use it. Probably they will turn off chain combo as a management but without chain combo, the damage does not have mini-stun effect and mini-superamor.

Originally, people cried out the "vengeance" for nefting dragoons since dragoons are too OP with spamming skills, overwhelming pvp area and similarly so will they; I shall see it done.

I don't have an opinion of balance non-x spammer class since most of them are underplayed/unpopular. An fortunate update has recently given non-x spammer more power, I like to watch how the tendency goes, especially Ninjas.

Edited by SoulSight, 30 November 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#22 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:12 PM

You mean, you still haven't realized that summoners will do more damage in pvp than ever now? MDef is probably the hardest to stack while summoners coincidentally has the highest Matk, you will wet your pants once you see a stacked summoner doing at least 2000-4000+ each ball that they shoot to a person with over 20,000 resist. And let me tell you, that not only one ball is shot in less than a second.

The fortunate update boosted pve gameplay tremendously, while in pvp they buffed everyone so it's basically the same. instead of the classes power looking like this: 5,5,5,3,3,3 they now look like this 9.9.9.5.5.5 or some sort of analogy that works.

Then again you should try to pvp later to see how much they do. Don't stay in pve for life, I know you want to pvp eventually.

I totally exagerated the damage in pvp.

Edited by Agitodesu, 30 November 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#23 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:18 PM

You mean, you still haven't realized that summoners will do more damage in pvp than ever now? MDef is probably the hardest to stack while summoners coincidentally has the highest Matk, you will wet your pants once you see a stacked summoner doing at least 2000-4000+ each ball that they shoot to a person with over 20,000 resist. And let me tell you, that not only one ball is shot in less than a second.

The fortunate update boosted pve gameplay tremendously, while in pvp they buffed everyone so it's basically the same. instead of the classes power looking like this: 5,5,5,3,3,3 they now look like this 9.9.9.5.5.5 or some sort of analogy that works.

Then again you should try to pvp later to see how much they do. Don't stay in pve for life, I know you want to pvp eventually.

I totally exagerated the damage in pvp.

Nation fury, Force Reinforcement and Force Amplification give them tons of damage and I had my pant wet already. Wipe out 100k hp in a flash!
In addition, Nation Fury is expandable skill, reaching lv10 is really ... *fill it*.
It's true that they are also buffed tremendously. Mentioning about pve, non-x spammer for themselves seems to have a great opportunity to expand their power.

I ended up playing pvp with non-X spammer only when i realize the power of those X spammers

Edit : A moment of distraction, forgot that ultimate skill does not impact to pvp.

Edited by SoulSight, 13 December 2015 - 06:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users