[Chaos] Secret Odin Gift Event (2015) - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Chaos] Secret Odin Gift Event (2015)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

POPULAR

Why Secret Odin instead of Secret Santa? Because reasons.

DO NOT PIN! THIS IS STRICTLY A FORUM COMMUNITY EVENT! DO NOT ADVERTISE THIS ON FACEBOOK OR ANYWHERE ELSE! THANK YOU!

Following up on last year's event, rules are different once again. Please read through the modified rules THOROUGHLY for I will not repeat myself if your post didn't qualify.
  • Post your in-game name and indicate what gift you would like in THIS thread. As this is an event for members of the iRO forum community, you must have at least 30 posts in order to qualify.
  • You must post in a letter format in order to make it on the list. Only 1 ITEM can be requested, which cannot be a God Item and it has to already exist on our server.
  • Deadline to sign up is DECEMBER 7. The list of all registered players and their gift requests will be finalized and no more players can be added.
  • Players that want to do the gift-giving must pick a player from THE LIST and PM me your choice. **DO NOT POST WHO YOU'RE GETTING A GIFT FOR AND DO NOT CONTACT YOUR PLAYER!** The player's name will then be marked in green on the list to indicate that player has been chosen.
  • Players doing the gift-giving have the option to give a Gift Box if they are unable to get the requested item by the event date.
  • GIFT EVENT WILL COMMENCE ON DECEMBER 26. All participants are to meet near the Santa sleigh in Lutie to do the trades. You will be giving the gifts directly to your chosen player(s). Christmas fireworks, Santa Suits, and Santa Hats are encouraged.
  • ANYONE CAUGHT MAKING MULTIPLE FORUM ACCOUNTS TO GET MULTIPLE GIFTS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED! Also, people making brand new characters to avoid giving out their true identity WILL ALSO BE DISQUALIFIED! This event is created to allow members of the community to give back and thank those who make positive contributions to the community (whether it be in-game or on the forums) as well as encourage the season of giving. If you've been a negative ninny in-game and/or in the forums, well, shame on you and try to change your villainous ways for next year's Secret Odin.
:go:

List updated!

Gift registration deadline is set for December 7 11:59 PM PST! Please have your gift requests posted by then. On December 8, 12:00 AM PST, Secret Odin requests will begin acceptance.

There will be a follow-up thread for participants to determine a suitable time, but at the moment the default is set for 10PM PST.

When requesting an item, PLEASE be as specific as possible (i.e. unnamed egg, weapon[2], etc.) so players don't give you the wrong item. I will not be changing anyone's gift request. I also won't be going back and rereading edited posts if you messed up. If you didn't make the list or no longer want the item you requested, too bad. There's always next year. If you don't want to take things seriously, then I will not bother with you.

Please note that being registered on the list DOES NOT guarantee that you'll get your gift. It is up to each unregistered player to decide if they are in a giving mood this year or not. Also, if you decide to be someone's Secret Odin, don't be a jerk and not hold up your end of the exchange.

THE LIST
Spoiler

Edited by ZeroTigress, 26 December 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#2 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

Dear Santa, even though my belief and trust is in Jesus Christ i'll believe you exist as well for this one time. I have been a pretty good guy this year, started playing RO mid September. In the past 2 months of playing this game I've met some epic people, and I've made some pretty cool memories. Definitely love what this game and it's players have to offer, if it's not too much trouble to ask I'd like a RWC Rally Box. Happy Holidays~

Yours Truly: Angelolol3 (IGN: SuperAndroid17)

#3 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:45 AM

Dear Odin, the great all father.

I am but a little and weak Sorcerer, I've been bullied by mean people at South Prontera. I heard there's an item that will repel the bullies, it is an item that will make you look like those creepy people from Lighthalzen. I believe it is called C Subject Aura.

Sincerely yours, (IGN: Jude Almaire).

Edited by kucingila, 03 December 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:14 PM

The list has begun! 8U

#5 8464131223201318730

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

too bad i cant join this event this year :( 

can i still become someone secret odin, even though i late , or can i give it to you first zero so u can give it to him/her ?

#6 bunnywunny

bunnywunny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:45 AM

Dear Mighty All Father,

I've been nothing but good this year, aside from recent times as rebel has just been released and i went all rogue (in my alter-ego) on to obtain the new costume. But I swear it was all in the name of being kawaii and no one actually got hurt! This Christmas,I'm asking for nothing more than another piece headgear of Costume Ice Wing Ear, to prevent my ears from freezing up while playing around in Lutie. The icicle swirls which be the perfect touch need to make me look fashionable and festive enough for Christmas! 

Always nice,never naughty! 

yellie (actual IGN)

#7 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:54 AM

Dear Odin/ Santa,

I am writing you this year, in hopes that you hear the plea of this baby ranger. Ever since I became a ranger, people have treated me like a weakling, denied my parties because my SP was lower, and really hate my SP issues. I would love to get an Arc Angeling card for Xmas, so others may want me in their parties, and I can return the favor of giving by dropping turn in mobs where they stand.

Thank you Santa.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

List has been updated!

too bad i cant join this event this year :(

can i still become someone secret odin, even though i late , or can i give it to you first zero so u can give it to him/her ?

Secret Odins can begin claims after December 7 when the gift registration list is finalized. If you cannot make the event, then you can set up a private meeting after the event to give your gift. I tried holding gifts the first year and it didn't pan out too well.

#9 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

Dear Odin,

I've been a really good Warlock this year who has recently started walking a new path toward becoming a glorious Rune Knight. I'm currently taking baby steps, trying to learn stuff here and there, and trying to gather necessary gear that I can afford. If it's not much trouble, could you whip me up a Costume: Cake Hat pretty please? I'm aware that there's only one flavor available, and it's perfectly fine, as long as I can have a sweet Christmas this year!

Thank you and merry, merry Christmas!

Triple Chocolate

PS [to ZeroTigress]: Can the event time be a bit earlier (maybe 2 hours earlier)? :mellow:

Edited by Exuro, 04 December 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

List updated!

PS [to ZeroTigress]: Can the event time be a bit earlier (maybe 2 hours earlier)? :mellow:

Wait for the follow-up thread and we'll see.

#11 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:51 PM

oh! i missed it when this was first posted!

Dear Odin,

I've spent hundreds of coins trying to get a Luk Glove [1] with no luk so far. I would be immensely grateful if I could get one this year.

Sincerely,

hmrabbit

#12 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:09 PM

Dear Odin,

When I started typing I thought about being materialistic and asking for a cute hat.

But after some thought, this year I'd much rather receive a nice letter in my mail on Christmas.

You know, for those secret Odin's on a budget.

I'd like to read it at the event. Make me laugh or make me (happy) cry, it's up to you.

Yours truly,

Ceinwyn

#13 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

O mighty Allfather who art seated high in Asgard,

Thou hath bestoweth thine generosity upon this lowly Midgardian a year ago and the year before.This lowly Midgardian be thankful and shalt treasureth it always.

However,this lowly Midgardian craveth more Midgardly being of which it be called Costume: Chilly Breath and pleadeth thine generosity for once more.

This lowly Midgardian doth knoweth highly well and be profound of his bad deeds more so hath wrongeth his many fellow Midgardians this year.

Let it be thine will if this lowly Midgardian deserveth mercy of thine,for thou shalt bringeth more of thine kindness to this lowly Midgardian again.

Gordon

#14 carnage777

carnage777

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

Dear Odin:

I just want a +15gspear, just a consolation for my RK unrecovered fallen items.

ign M~O~N

server: thor

yours truly,

mon

Edited by carnage777, 04 December 2015 - 08:33 PM.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

List updated!

server: thor

Sorry, this event is for Chaos server. Someone else can host a Thor version since I don't play on there.

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

This year seems so quiet D:<

#17 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

Dear Odin, Allfather and lord of the Aesir,

I know very well that you are not one to respect the conventions of us mortal beings, but on these days leading up to Yuletide and the Wild Hunt I would ask that you lend me your ear in this occasion, so that I may request something of you.

For many years, ever since I was first blessed with them, I wore the Wings of Victory whenever I dove into battle. They gave me the strength of the wolf and fortitude of the mighty bear, enough to take up the cause and dive into all manner of conflicts knowing that I would emerge victorious. With each swipe and thrust of my blade in your name, dedicated to the visceral frenzy of combat with the blood of all before me as spilled wine in celebration of the chaos, I enjoyed your patronage as I cut swathe through the battlefield and proudly bore the embodied power of your Valkyries - those Wings of Victory - atop my head, to remind my foes of their terrible wrath embodied in my weapon, and your spiritual favour that guided each strike.

But as times changed and years passed, I lost those wings to circumstances beyond my control. I know not where they've since ended up, or if they still exist at all, but every day since then I have thought about them, and have been lesser in their absence. The glorious fight has since lost its brilliance, and I grow weary of the discord that I once reveled in.

Have you by chance seen my old wings in your travels? I know you are one for wandering, questing the great expanse of worlds linked from the roots and branches of Yggdrassil for reasons that only the divine can claim to muster understanding, so I am hopeful that you have stumbled across them. Try as I might I could not unearth their whereabouts on my own, despite having searched far and wide across all the realms open to us Normans, but it is said that no item of importance, no matter how small can escape your eye, and there is nowhere you cannot go.

So in the spirit of Yuletide and in honour of the Hunt, I ask that you once again bless me with those Wings of Victory. If they cannot be found, though I am hopeful that you have seen where they lie or know of them in all the wisdom you possess, I would request but a mere facsimile - known to the people of Midgard as a "costume" - so that I may at least continue on with their likeness as my helm. It would mean the world to me.

Thank you for your patronage once again, and I hope for the best.

- Isra

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 04 December 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#18 MatagiAsagi

MatagiAsagi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationUnknown place inside Rune Midgard

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:41 PM

Dear Odin and Freyja,

I once has lost my beloved wife and I make a stupid act
Spoiler
After that, I've heard a lot of voice calling me back, it is my friends, and my dearest fellow who are wishing me to meet them back and adventures on whole Rune Midgard together. I has fulfilled all requirement but only one yet still not fulfill which I must have a special aura,
Spoiler
which is known as Costume: Subject Aura. May you bless and bestow me a breath again with this aura? I don't mind to come back as a girl.

"Little" wish from Matagi

Edited by MatagiAsagi, 04 December 2015 - 09:44 PM.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

List updated!

This year seems so quiet D:<

Less lag in Lutie, then. :B

#20 nowpast90

nowpast90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

Dear Odin/Santa;

A very Merry Xmas to you and everyone in the server;our guild often being bullied by Ifrit and Valkyrie during Endless Tower Run;So as a guild geneticist;i would like to have a +12HURRICANE FURY EA12 .I know u already check that ive being a very good player this year .So when i have this ;i can contribute for in the guild .

Thank You

Nowpast
IGN: Nowpast_Chemist

#21 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

DO NOT PIN! THIS IS STRICTLY A FORUM COMMUNITY EVENT! DO NOT ADVERTISE THIS ON FACEBOOK OR ANYWHERE ELSE! THANK YOU!

:p_devil:

#22 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

Dear Santa. It's been a crazy year. We've had new realms created and many people come. Many rebellions were formed to protest against Rekenber's evil tyranny. You must have had a hard work getting all these people's wishes make true. I too enjoy helping as many people as I can. If I get Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo, I can work even harder. Pretty please and xoxo.

Luknovice

#23 Raitonagata

Raitonagata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Location( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º) o Y o ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
  • Server:Chaos ( QUIT !! )

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:12 AM

Arch Angeling Card

**sorry for broken English, too much grammar n a z i  -_-, sorry i need that card badly** 

Edited by Raitonagata, 22 November 2023 - 02:22 PM.

#24 Nzadis23

Nzadis23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

This thread is getting amazing fast !  :rofl:

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts