8 replies to this topic

#1 Lapse

Lapse

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

Because the main website just isn't doing it for me. I'm familiar with the older state of the game from back in '11, with there being so many complex factors as to how a class plays. The site just doesn't do it justice.

I'm thinking of playing Sorcerer, Dragoon, and Ninja.

However, I'm completely unaware of how Dragoon's leveling through PvE is right now (last I checked it was meh). I didn't really get to play through Wizard to even get the basics of Sorcerer. I'm not sure if Ninja still costs organs to actually play effectively in any setting.

If anyone can drop some summaries on these classes and their current states in PvE, that'd be great.

Do not require tips with elements, am aware of Evasion/Parry nerf, etc. I'm a fast learner on that end.

#2 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

Warriors

Overlords-Very basic. Not strong and not weak. Very average damage if you were to give a punching bag all you can do for 5 seconds. Health hungry for fast runs with bloody roar decent clear speed.

Dragoons-Mana hungry. Not strong and not weak. very average damage if you were to smack a punching bag for 5 seconds. Takes only 5-7 skills to pve efficiently

Mages:

Invokers:- Easy to play.Very high damage. X spam all day for dungeons. For Mission maps you may need to use 1-4 skills to rack up points for an SSS.

Sorcerors:- Easy to play. Not strong and not weak. Damage output is slightly above average if you were to hit something for 5 seconds. Excels at mission maps. Few skills required to clear maps/mobs.

Thief:

Ninjas:-Mana hungry. Quick burst damage. Should be easy to pve with. Decent damage since they moved critical damage from 300% to 600%. 

Savage:-Fun to pve with just 2 skills(headspin/windmill) given enough movement speed and damage. Decent damage in pve.

Archer:

Destroyers: Easy to play. Low skill variety. Very high burst damage with snipe, especially now that they can get up to 500% CD.

Sentinal: Easy to play in pve. good clear speed given enough damage. very high damage with awakening skills.

DragonKin:

Twins: made for pvp, you can still pve if you'd like. Mana hungry, above average damage(Given that you know how to attack for high dps).

Summoners: Easy to play. Strongest dungeon clearing class and a strong pvp class. Can easily solo the end game boss with 1 button. x spam oriented. May require you to cast skills to get an SSS in mission maps.(This is probably the all around class if you ever want to pvp or pve at top tier)

I tried to refrain myself from saying other things since you may already know them so I gave the basics.

Edited by Agitodesu, 30 November 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#3 Lapse

Lapse

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

So I'm assuming I won't have to deck out using my wallet for Ninja?

I'm experienced with Monk and how boring it is to mash a single button...but the heals were too good. I'd rather play something else though.

I'm not picking Dragoon for damage however. If I'm forced into solo runs then it will be relevant, but Time Aura and how that works with Ninja is so effective that I still remember it from years ago. It looks like I'll need to stack potions again for him to not go dry in 40 seconds.

As for Sorcerer, could you tell me how they do in F7?

#4 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

It looks like I'll need to stack potions again for him to not go dry in 40 seconds.

The good news is that the lv60 potion had been developed. It recovers 3k5 mp over 10s so you really don't have to worry much.

#5 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

As for Sorcerer, could you tell me how they do in F7?

Sorcerer is one of the best class for F7 since they can freeze monsters, but they lack in damage against bombs (which is partly compensated with burn.)
This is why I think dragoon is the boss in this mode, since he can reduce cooldown of skills. Using knights and sorcerers will lock the monsters easily.

#6 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Using the penguin in F7 bugs your skill, unless it got fixed.

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

Ninja is no more expensive then any other class to play, to be good in pve in high lvl's you need a +20 wep, to be good in pvp you need the elements, that's the same for all classes.

#8 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:05 AM

Using the penguin in F7 bugs your skill, unless it got fixed.

Leveling it up from 0 to 1 did and still does, but I never heard of any problem with casting.

#9 Lapse

Lapse

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:48 AM

I was unaware of the bug, so thank you for that.

Never liked bombs and am usually forced to solo, so I might have to drop Sorc entirely if it's too much of a pain to handle them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users