December 2nd Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 2nd Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:46 AM

Theres a point where joking becomes harassment, that point is asking someone to stop and they still continue to , I know someone who has an album of 200 screenshots over a period of 2 months of him spamming and abusing. Tell me thats just "joking".

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:38 AM

Uh, what speedup was doing went from "lol speedup" to nasty. things probably would have been ok if he hadn't over stepped that mark. I assume he learned his lesson now!

Edited by Xellie, 07 December 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#53 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:09 AM

Since you guys don't seem to be particularly keen on implementing the rest of Pre Renewal's content up to 13.3, would it be possible for you to implement the Boitata MVP from Brasilis (the final Pre Re content patch) and shove it somewhere in the game world so that we have something new to comp and hunt? Its drops are nothing that we don't already have access to on the server and it has no card, so there's no harm in allowing those drops to be entered into the market considering it'd be a sorely needed non-botted source of Ori and Elu, and the prices on its weapons would be driven down to reasonable levels. It would just be a new thing for us with a hassle-free implementation due to it already being available in the DB, that people could enjoy alongside existing content.

Heck why don't you place it in a GD like Luina, as tying it to WoE may serve to promote a little bit of competition to gain access, and it fits quite well with the "natural", cavern-like theme of that dungeon alongside Spider and Worm mobs and scattered pools of water, thereby giving sense to the MVP's water-based attacks and summoned mobs.

Either that or Challenge Dungeon it when you cycle the current one out, but I'd rather see a PvM ~ GvG tie-in.

But if that's not possible, as it seems it might(?) be given the issues surrounding the existing Challenge Dungeon mobs, it might just be worth considering the use of Boitata's drop list and skills for the next MVP.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 07 December 2015 - 04:28 AM.

#54 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

New content in general would be nice.

After a discussion with a guildie about ways to make BGs more active and fun instead of a bot/afk farm fest last night, I want to suggest the following changes to battlegrounds if possible, ordered from most important and/or likely to least:

-Improve randomization, right now the top/bottom split puts every bot that is in there on one team. Make it every-other at least.

-Lower the number of people required to run it to 5 a side from 8. If you can make it 5 minimum but allow up to 8, even better, It is still hard to get enough people to start and there are almost always alts brought in that just afk anyway.

-Remove badges for losing, double them for winning. Randomizing already takes care of the "my team can never win so I never get badges" problem, people need motivation to try and win instead of afk for easy badges.

-Auto-kick people afk-ing on the boat somehow if possible, or some system to remove afk-ers.

-Provide temporary consumables (character bound, weight 0, value 0, only work on BG maps) that players can use in BGs so they aren't averse to wasting their own supplies. This could be done by adding an NPC in either the waiting room or the BG boats or both (depending on if you want people to resupply, my vote is both) that players can talk to with an option that will give them supplies up to the designated limit, and one to remove the supplies from their inventory that they don't want.

Also, Flavius is useless and bad, it should be reworked and modified into a new more interesting BG type.

Edited by rojoky113, 07 December 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#55 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:06 AM

New content in general would be nice.

After a discussion with a guildie about ways to make BGs more active and fun instead of a bot/afk farm fest last night, I want to suggest the following changes to battlegrounds if possible, ordered from most important and/or likely to least:

-Improve randomization, right now the top/bottom split puts every bot that is in there on one team. Make it every-other at least.

-Lower the number of people required to run it to 5 a side from 8. If you can make it 5 minimum but allow up to 8, even better, It is still hard to get enough people to start and there are almost always alts brought in that just afk anyway.

-Remove badges for losing, double them for winning. Randomizing already takes care of the "my team can never win so I never get badges" problem, people need motivation to try and win instead of afk for easy badges.

-Auto-kick people afk-ing on the boat somehow if possible, or some system to remove afk-ers.

-Provide temporary consumables (character bound, weight 0, value 0, only work on BG maps) that players can use in BGs so they aren't averse to wasting their own supplies. This could be done by adding an NPC in either the waiting room or the BG boats (depending on if you want people to resupply, my vote is on the boat) that players can talk to with an option that will give them supplies up to the designated limit, and one to remove the supplies from their inventory that they don't want.

I like idea except the kick afk and no badges for losers part, it would heavy discourage getting an alt and running it when you dont have people, hell I rather get 5 alts to get it running cuz I know i ll get atleast 70minimum(1 winning 5 losing) than get 5 alts after it gives nothing to alts.

Also I am not sure if they can do a min5 max 8 system, unless they make it a time thing, where timer starts after 10 players and waits for a while, till start, if 16 then instant start.

I really like the supplies on BG thing, its great, add an npc for whites and blues at start and when you leave(the exit npc/ or the bg entrance npc) removes them.

Edited by Heart, 07 December 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:16 AM

Me and some other guys were suggesting get rid of randomization because all it does is cause problems and didn't remove farming. (we talked this through a lot last night)

I'd like to be able to go kill some ppl when they're pissing off my support chars that need badges. For that I need a team. A real team. Not one of mostly bots.

edit: side rant

I literally cannot stand bg because I'm forced to help my future opponents get badges. There are people who go in there just to be annoying and not even fight (truth!) it's botted, I can't call a team to come deal with it, it's hard to organize anyway. Like, so many reasons.

Oh so n so players are there farming their woe supplies on their mains or bots? Cool we'll just leave because it's not possible to form a team to prevent them from winning. And everybody loses because bg lol

Then there's stuff like blabla new character for player in guild needs badges for their bg set and the randomization puts them on an opposite team to a guildie who needs badges for blues or wants them for pvping and it causes so much community disruption and problems to our team unity. BG drama is probably the stupidest and most annoying thing to deal with ever. I'd rather we could continue to be a team than being forced to **** eachother.

tldr; I'd be happy without bg because it's nonsense without the ability to side with your party/guild/team

Edited by Xellie, 07 December 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#57 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:27 AM

I like idea except the kick afk and no badges for losers part, it would heavy discourage getting an alt and running it when you dont have people, hell I rather get 5 alts to get it running cuz I know i ll get atleast 70minimum(1 winning 5 losing) than get 5 alts after it gives nothing to alts.

Also I am not sure if they can do a min5 max 8 system, unless they make it a time thing, where timer starts after 10 players and waits for a while, till start, if 16 then instant start.

I really like the supplies on BG thing, its great, add an npc for whites and blues at start and when you leave(the exit npc/ or the bg entrance npc) removes them.

BGs should not be free badges for bots and alts who sit there doing nothing, that turns tierra into nothing but an afk farmfest which is neither fun nor healthy, the whole point is to stop rewarding people for doing that. It's tiring hearing people wonder why new players quit because this game and server aren't fun when crap like this is going on everywhere they go. Woe blues aren't free charity supplies, the least you can be expected to do for your reward is to actually try to play the game.

The lowering to 5 people a side is indeed needed for that reason, there usually aren't 16 people there and people log alts just to get it going. 10 actual players is much easier to get, and even then you can log an alt or two to get it going but they shouldn't get free badges for sitting there doing nothing.

For the 5 min 8 max that is how we saw it working, start a countdown after 10 is reached then start with however many you have or instantly once it hits 16.

For the BG supplies, you could even provide needed class specific supplies like BG EDP for sinx's to use, or champs get a couple BG yggs, casters some gems, etc.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

BGs should not be free badges for bots and alts who sit there doing nothing, that turns tierra into nothing but an afk farmfest which is neither fun nor healthy, the whole point is to stop rewarding people for doing that. It's tiring hearing people wonder why new players quit because this game and server aren't fun when crap like this is going on everywhere they go. Woe blues aren't free charity supplies, the least you can be expected to do for your reward is to actually try to play the game.

The lowering to 5 people a side is indeed needed for that reason, there usually aren't 16 people there and people log alts just to get it going. 10 actual players is much easier to get, and even then you can log an alt or two to get it going but they shouldn't get free badges for sitting there doing nothing.

For the 5 min 8 max that is how we saw it working, start a countdown after 10 is reached then start with however many you have or instantly once it hits 16.

For the BG supplies, you could even provide needed class specific supplies like BG EDP for sinx's to use, or champs get a couple BG yggs, casters some gems, etc.

That has been stated impossible by the staff before. The skills hard hardcoded to take the item by item ID. They can't just make new ones. It was discussed a lot before.

The can do it with consumables. That's it. And thats how woe blues/whites work.

>

The ideal BG would work with 5v5 up to 8v8

I think it can be done by starting a timer when the chat reaches 10 players and if another player enters within say 2 mins, it waits for 12 to restart the timer for 14 or start after 2 mins with 12, repeat process up to 16 players or 16 = instant start.

I would also like to see players sorted by party before randomization. So Party 1 all end up on one team, party 2 on the other team, then randomize by partyless player.

Edited by Xellie, 07 December 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#59 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:42 AM

Uh, what speedup was doing went from "lol speedup" to nasty and personal. things probably would have been ok if he hadn't over stepped that mark.

So we all know about the spam bots and chats in game.... speedup was doing that before his ban and all I know is that a lot of the people "defending" him (not all) were involved. Some of you may not know how far he went or that he was doing the same, but it's not ok.

edit: it's really disappointing to see someone who is new to the community leaping on the bandwagon and defending someone who posted nsfw photo links in game, as well as the spam bot harassment. I chose to believe that those people don't know the full extent or history of what is going on, but then again, they could just be outright nasty people.

Like the person responsible for this.

When Section 9 has to get involved to protect someone from bot harassment, something has serious gone wrong with community attitude.  I for one am deeply ashamed at this behavior and those associated with it.

#60 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:46 AM

Problem is people are there for the woe pots (particularly blues), they don't want to use what they are there to get. Consumables would be enough, just so they have at minimum stuff to pot that they don't care about so they can fight.

Being able to party into BG with other people creates a problem if you remove the badges for losing which IMO is pretty important to get people to stop afk-farming. The randomization also keeps things fresh and interesting each fight when you get teamed up with different people, and makes it more social.

We don't want tierra to become like flavius was when you could pick teams. It wasn't just afk farmed by some people while others fight like tierra is now, it was just straight farmed. That was even more horribly bad and boring. Random is important to not take a step back towards that.

#61 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:06 AM

if you take away the reward for losing people on either side are just going to afk even more since theres a chance of losing supplies

they could have 2 seperate badges one for the white/blues another for materials that regularly come from gsbs some people may fight over it some may not

Edited by needmorezleep, 07 December 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#62 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

Random teams and double badges for a win means the same number of badges on average, assuming you try.

Also people don't want to waste supplies already, that's why I suggested basic consumables be supplied for them.

Or we can just have BGs be afk-for-gear-and-blues rooms and wonder why people don't want to play this game or server outside of woe and new players don't have fun and quit.

Edit: my problems with parties are:

1) It makes it easy to go to BGs and put together an alt party for you to have a badge farming party. People would do that to farm flavius and if anyone wanted to join or mess it up, they would just leave. Random at least prevents you from setting up a winning party able to quick-farm as fast as possible and means roughly half the non-alt characters will be getting less badges each time. BGs shouldn't be someplace you go effortlessly farm without fighting just like you shouldn't be able to afk farm. Random pushes BGs to be a bunch of people having random not-as-serious fights all night and walking out with badges for it, whereas partying pushes it towards organized farming cheese.

2) If you let people party, people will form parties to crush all the other randoms/support classes/newbs unopposed unless a second serious party forms, which will be even more terrible for those people than getting a bad random every so often and getting stomped. Either they are getting wrecked by an overpowered organized party even if that party wasn't put together specifically to troll/stomp them and you know they will be, or they are pushed out by a second powerful party coming to compete and get excluded. Not every one of them is a member of a large powerful guild they can call on to come form a counter-party. Random keeps it less serious and competitive in general, making it more casual/fun compared to woe where there is the hard divide between guilds competing with each other and all the animosity that comes with it.

3) Allowing parties means other changes I suggested to stop the afk-botting farmfest won't work as well or at all, like the no badges for losing, meaning it also makes changes to solve that current dilemma even harder.

Other possibilities are a second BG or a second tierra room where you can party and have selected teams, especially if the second BG was designed to cater to that as well. Or, you can have it (if this is possible to do) that people can party in small groups like say 3 people for 5 a side, and the random will put those three people on a side together. This way you can have a couple guildies playing together, or a support class tied to the classes/people they want to support, and if two parties form they will be put on opposite sides but there will still be randomization for the other slots on the teams so if theres a 3 person party of people you dislike you can form a counter party and play against them without dominating the whole BG with your party versus party. And if it is just one or two people being randomed around that you don't like you can probably just live with it especially if changes are put in to promote people not afk-ing all the time.

Edited by rojoky113, 07 December 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

bg is dumb

give us alternatives that don't involve helping enemies

I have some other suggestions to put up real talk about BGs regarding making it more motivating, but that can wait till I'm awake

#64 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

Random teams and double badges for a win means the same number of badges on average, assuming you try.

Also people don't want to waste supplies already, that's why I suggested basic consumables be supplied for them.

Or we can just have BGs be afk-for-gear-and-blues rooms and wonder why people don't want to play this game or server outside of woe and new players don't have fun and quit.

Look alex, heres why random+no badges for losers is a bad idea.

You get 2 alts to run bg cuz u need badges on main, now i am considering this is 5v5.

Imagine is both ur alts are in the same team, its basically a 3v5 , and now you are about get 0 badges for the round.

Its okay a couple of times, but after a while people will stop.

Also imagine you are a new player, and you dont have crazy amount of supplies, (okay bg gives me consumables,if possible), but imagine a player trying to get gears, like probably BG gears. How does this help him? He will almost always lose to those higher up farming blues/whites. Instead of being a slow farm its going to be a waste of time. Explain to me how that is fun.

#65 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

The point of that situation is running alts to get it going is not ideal, so as soon as actual people come to play you get rid of the alts. Having it run with 8 people at all is better than not having it run without the alts, and both alts on the same team won't happen every time nor will it necessarily mean a loss because those 8 people are not necessarily going to be on the same level. Two of them might be able to stomp the other people combined. Random means not every fight is even or ideal, its literally a toss up. That's kinda the point. BGs is about casual/non-serious random pvp and then you walk out at the end of the night having earned badges for it.

Your counter examples are "but what if the random puts this combo in every once in a while that won't be as perfect/fun for that fight", the point is the way it is now the majority of times BGs are running almost every round is more flawed and unfun than those scenarios. Right now if someone comes to join BGs, chances are they will get put on the bot team first round and get stomped by all the actual players on the other side. And currently the random makes extremely uneven teams all the time. You laugh it off or do your best and then the next round you get placed on a different team and you might be on the easy-win team, thats how it already is. Double wins zero losses will get you about the same number of badges in the end because there will be rounds you are put on the team with the overpowered/high level players fighting. And a good BG will have more mechanics designed so that low level players can still make a difference i.e. the flag and food in tierra being plant so even if you can't kill other players you can help break those things.

Random means that sometimes those low level players will be put on the winning team and sometimes they won't, they will get badges when they win in twice the amounts as a loss and it will be practically the same in the end. If it were teams however, THEN they would get crapped all over by people organizing parties to stomp them in BGs. See the edit in my last post above.

bg is dumb

give us alternatives that don't involve helping enemies

+1 for non-BG alternatives for these things. Let BGs be for people who want to enjoy some random non-serious pvp and get badges out of it, let people who hate BGs do something else for their stuff. This also cuts down on the afk farmers.

Edited by rojoky113, 07 December 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#66 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

Rush, Conquest and Team Death Match pls.

Give bg supplies for free that are only usable in bg.

Do not allow alts into bg and add an afk timer that lets the other users kick them when they're inactive for a certian amount of time

#67 bootywarriorr

bootywarriorr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ilovecheesecake

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

Can Santa bring us free pet tames this holiday season? I would like that alot, maybe some pets we can't obtain yet. But either way i'll be happy with what i get.

Thank you, sincerely booty. 

p.s-if you are on my friend-list I'll be giving away random things this holiday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users