Updated Policy Regarding Botting - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Updated Policy Regarding Botting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#26 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

Questing and grinding gives exp also and then you even learn the game Its story :o.
Omg you can lvl without botting what an shock.

Sorry for the sarcasme lol.
Anyway stop lvling with bots at one spot, but start to grind around while questing with just met friends.

#27 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

Funny no friends can put together a decent group. Obviously i'm not a botter if I was why the hell would I be talking on this thread lol That would be a very stupid move for a botter. I am just saying I am all for botting going away, this is the absolute wrong way.

#28 m3nn13m3n

m3nn13m3n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:23 PM

So a few days ago when I made the post Botting time for a serious discussion I am happy to announce that I have been ignored completely. By the community, and the gm. That is fine everyone should have their own opinion. 

With this new botting policy all that will be achieved is loads of gm wasted time and no actual results and on top of it killing off of the player base that for the most part would be happy to not bot, but since it is such an advantage it can't be ignored.

This is a free to play game, if we were in a pay to play game execution of banning accounts might have an effect. Since we are not, it also will not.

An earlier poster above talked about how many of the top here have used botting and are also the same group that are pushing for stricter botting policies and that poster is correct. The top have gotten a lot of their benefits from botting already and they are much happier to be kings among peasants then peasants among kings.

This has not helped the leveling situation as I forecasted and now am experiencing for myself. I have not had a problem leveling until now, I may have been with botting groups but they actually helped me and contrary to popular belief here not a single one of them ever went afk as we talked the whole time. I now see no groups anywhere I want to level and no friends will join because no groups are anywhere now.

Thank you botting hatters for literally destroying any reasonable leveling chances, you have completed your task at keep new players away from the game. IM is the only choice in reasonable leveling now and IM doesn't keep new players since people actually want a good game before they are willing to spend money on IM items.

Yesterday, the day before the botting change, and with the event already in full swing I was able to get a leveling group immediately at my leveling spot and there were all sorts of people around leveling. I have spent every hour since the change looking for a group and not only is there not a group there is literally no one leveling at all now. I have multiple maps that I check for groups this is not a matter of the time and place. Every serious leveling location in multiple lvl zones are empty.

Look I am all for no botting, hell I don't even like multiclient. But this game has set itself up as those being the only serious options. Yes you can do it the hard way, but just like the amount of players in this game, no new player is likely to stick around and enjoy being even more and more masochistic as their levels rise and they leave.

Five of my friends have actually just left the game because they can no longer find any groups. They don't bot, but at least botting groups help new players actually level. Those of you that are already max are in a completely different world and perhaps you were willing to be masochistic at first and got through, but if we seriously want this game to grow the whole experience to do anything worth while can't be increasingly masochistic we just won't keep players.

The goal should not be to get rid of the player base as many want here but get them to stop botting because botting no longer is in their best interest. Instead we are just getting rid of the players that might be perfectly fine but made the wrong decision and botted. 

Enforcement has never saved a game and it won't save ROSE either. Only incentive towards making botting no longer the most viable option is the only way and it makes the player base happier at the same time. Now we have specifically created a divide in the player base that it is ok to hate others if they do x. Botters have been the only ones that have actually leveled me seriously in any way and also the only ones that have actually been willing to take the time to share information and help with the game for me.

I saw someone claim that a group was a botting group and the group and the player fought each other in chat for the next hour today. Great that is real productive...

I hope you are all happy, either this will be a great success and the game will die from lack of players or the enforcement will be a joke and have no effect at all but good thing it has wasted all of our time from actually doing something real.

Thanks.

This ^

Edited by m3nn13m3n, 04 December 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#29 m3nn13m3n

m3nn13m3n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

Nah, fun thing is, the people that whine the hardest mostly are the ones that bot/botted the most of all.

Edited by m3nn13m3n, 04 December 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#30 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Good job! Lets make it harder for the new comers.

#31 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:10 AM

Good job! Lets make it harder for the new comers.

Like afk parties made it any easier..

#32 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:41 AM

Nah, fun thing is, the people that whine the hardest mostly are the ones that bot/botted the most of all.

i always waited for this moment, that we could get rid of botters, and i will say one thing, I DO had already botted, idc if im saying i already botted or w/e, but one thing i will say, i will NEVER do it again, 24/7 in a spot auto aoe, wth is that? is like im in hell, srsly so boring to be there and bla bla bla, wen i stopped botting, i started reporting most of bots, wana know how frustated i was? my reports was 0

this might be a f2p game, but it is need to use bot? is like u using hacks in the game, also since you, and the other guy that is frustated about this, is like u guys dont care about u acc, lvl up with botters is like u guys are botters too

one thing i will say, u can start botting, but wen u make a new char and want to lvl up, u wont be motivated to do it again, because is boring af, and the only thing u will do is, afk in the city doing nothing

i just use bot for open boxes (since the bot i have is for hotkeys) but due that hell program, i'm not even motivated for lvl up anymore in rose with it .....

ANY mmorpg is supose to be fun, ppl exploring, etc, not afk in one place, get max lvl, pvp only and done, but u guys never learn that.

now if u want to know how botters is annoying, go to Lineage 2 (original server) and try to lvl up u char, in that time u will see many orcs mages, guess what, wen u target a monster, the bot is already killing it, it is that fun? low spots taked by bots?

yeah that's one of the other disadvantages of botting, what's the fun taking a spot for farm materials wile the bot is runing not allowing newbies play normaly

the problem is, if there wasn't no bots, players would be already exploring the map and having fun with friends

you don't know how beautifull is Luna planet, you guys just skip it like Luna is nothing

soo yeah before u 2 be like that "oh no how i will lvl up nw ...." maybe try to lvl up one char per turn (get strategy wich one should be important nw), take u dam time, and just have fun, is not like this u guys will have fun.

keeping like this (lvling up with botters) u guys will lose the motivation faster then getting lvl max and gear up

just saying

and again, i do botted, but it was a hell experience that i wont repeat again

if u dont believe me, ask angel, or pam, trang, katsura, maybe anyone that ik if i do bot again, is been months i dont play rose due boredoom and this program, i just installed again my rose for do a project in mind, and maybe in holidays i might will lvl up my Dual pvp char, might will be hard but there's ways

Now ways for lvl up

from 1 to 100~120, do quests

once u can get into dungeons, get a group and do toons of dungeons to 200, after 200 is more easy to lvl up

u guys are luck due Devs allowed exp in DGs, before only premium could get exp, but now everyone can get, soo use it wiselly, because the exp u get from DGs is more then the exp u get from OT and ruins

~FilipeKun

#33 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:35 AM

Great  :) But unfortunately people are still botting on birth island blatantly.....

#34 Selmaaa

Selmaaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:43 AM

Oh for gods sake all this whining about botting, did any of you guys played ROse like 10 years ago? Botting wasnt even a question u got to ask about in forums ( Beocose it was that forbidden), and now all of sudden all this whine about using a 3d party program that  is against the rules and allways was.

What kind of community is this where 89% of it got trough lvln by littlerly SLEEPING?
Why play a game if u arent going to actually play it?

I know for fact and even some friends of my that lvld their chars and i mean lvln like having 6 clients up full party of 1 guys chars and just afk trough it all. The other day me and friend were talking openly about how fun Behemoth king and Mammoth place was for lvln back in days when Kings werent OP as hell, and this guy lvl 230 asked about mammoths in this game? Seriously he never been to anywhere else but mauls in Luna, dont you find that sad????

i agree that lvln is hard and somewhat boring becose lvln before used to be about farming for uniques and mats and other stuff, and lvln before was easyer when Kings werent that op, people would just kill kings for exp and drops!
But solution isnt  having groups of people sleeping and getting exp, and as newb in game dont u find it annoying going to a party asking for inv and hearing crickets??

And dont you find it unfair that 1 guy can hold "best" lvln spot in area with all his chars?
Or ur group lvls legitly, and then group of botters comes to that spot place party and goes afk, and u try to communicate with them but cant cuz they are afk!

i mean didnt u guys meet all that crap in game allready?

#35 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:58 AM

Thank you for this update. I've been waiting for it.

46393856.jpg

#36 xafier

xafier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:00 AM

o_0

yeay....

#37 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:45 AM

This policy is in regards to macro use as well. Please know that if you are using macros to bot, even if they are attended it will be treated as a third party program with the same repercussions.

Does this include macros in other areas?  Macros for potting red potions?  Macros for buffs?  

I know you said it does not include macros for crafting but what about the others?

Just trying to clarify.  I was asked the question and don't want anyone caught off guard.

Edited by Bendersmom, 05 December 2015 - 05:00 AM.

#38 poligamy

poligamy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:22 AM

just limit 1 character to log in for everyone . that will solve the problem . having a handy tools to help punching those f1-f12 is a way to save my fingers from hurting them . if some one is afk and doing bott than go a head and ban the permanently . but when some one is present behind their pc and playing on the other character doesn"t mean he is afk and botting . well if this rule is applied you can say good bye for the new comers ..

#39 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:03 AM

You can't be AFK when you bot cause you have to look every 10 minutes atleast. When you don't you will die, so what's the problem. Most people are just ignoring new people cause they're too lazy to explain things to new players. Has NOTHING to do with botting.

stop complaining ,, if you dont like it , then just find another game where you allowed to bot ...

stop being lazy , its not good for your future ( real life )

#40 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

just limit 1 character to log in for everyone . that will solve the problem . having a handy tools to help punching those f1-f12 is a way to save my fingers from hurting them . if some one is afk and doing bott than go a head and ban the permanently . but when some one is present behind their pc and playing on the other character doesn"t mean he is afk and botting . well if this rule is applied you can say good bye for the new comers ..

The game is designed to be played and if it is boring then don't play it.  New comers will not leave lol, they don't even know that you can bot when they start.    Botting takes away from everyone's full experience of the game.  

#41 GreylaVu

GreylaVu

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:32 AM

who decides who is botting? I myself and my friend both spam F1-F2 at kings when we have competition for the kings to try to get first hit most of the time we win. and the other people make comments like nice bot nice auto target. my F1 - F2 are target enemy and normal attack. if you learn to use them it is an effective way to hunt kings. on birth island i spam them to get hits on as many mobs as i can trying to get my proofs or duckys no bot needed no macro just 2 fingers spaming 2 F keys we keep our party full with our own chars. we prefer not having Randoms in with us.but if you look at our group you will see 2 killers and the others doing nothing if you watch long enough you will see one killer stop (most of the time it's me) then you will see cleric buffing.after all are buffed you will see 2 killers again. and still we are accuses of botting. so who decides who was botting????

#42 HermyoneBr

HermyoneBr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrasil - Santa Catarina

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:27 AM

Just log in to try to make the event and is full of bots in every corner , summarizing no avail :(

#43 Selmaaa

Selmaaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:52 AM

Just log in to try to make the event and is full of bots in every corner , summarizing no avail :(

People didnt take it seriously, that they will get banned about it + they know GM's arent active at this hours, i mean its still very very early in usa..  so i guess people will continue botting when gm's are sleeping. its sad  yea birthisland is capital of botters now

#44 poligamy

poligamy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:10 AM

well if third program is bot allowed to help punching those keyboards than it is the developer team or GMs are the ine who should make sure those 3rd programs not going to work on rose clients . so no more botting ... problems solved

#45 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:45 AM

While I am happy that Rose has decided to return to the previous terms for botting, and is seriously going to try and curb the practice, I feel that there is much more that could be done. Enforcement does help deter some people from breaking the rules, but not all. If they would fix it so that leveling was more pleasurable, and not such a chore, then people would not feel the "need" to bot. There needs to be a second look taken at the quests in the game, and more added. Mob spawns should be more spread out, so that people can't just sit in one place and spam aoes. Perhaps make spawns a bit slower, so that a character could progress deeper into mob territory, without fear of the ones being killed respawning and getting him from behind. As for events, I would love it if they fixed it so that high level characters could not get event drops from low level mobs. It is frustrating trying to do an event, and having a high level character come steal all the mobs, then kill them. All so they could farm event drop items to make money. If the staff would seriously take a look at the leveling experience, and work to improve it, make it so that events could be enjoyed by everyone, then I truly believe that more people will discontinue using bots, and get back to actually playing the game. You don't necessarily need to make it easy, but at least make it more enjoyable. In the meantime, for those who do use bots, I am sorry, but I do have to agree with, if you don't want to play a game, why are you here "playing"?

#46 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

wont work at all + it will make ppl work wasted in vain, because even if is only one client, players still can bot

Oh yep, lets go ahead and perma ban the 80% of the community who bots to level 230, Nobody finds it fun to sit there and spam aoes on the same mobs for days on end. 

This is what you guys put your time into? Rather than working on a better end game content. *facepalm* 10/10 guys not at all a waste of time, Who cares if people bot, not like rose has an active community anyways, some players are better than none right? no matter how they got to 230. This might be a good patch if the game had more than 2000 players but the fact is that it's almost a dead game, can you honestly say rose will still be around in 2-3 years time? 

Lets rewind to 2013 and compare how many players we had then compared to now, it was over double the amount, the excuse I get given is "There are other games people go to" That's not true. I know people who play games for years regardless of what new games come out, it's just the fact you guys waste time on stupid updates like this instead of improving the game play and just listening to a small percentage of the community instead of having a fair way of getting community feedback.

I am for some stupid reason sitting here wasting my time saying this because I know it won't even be read but hey, i've done it once.. or 50 times but why not do it again? 

Sigh I miss the good old days when this game was alive, too bad this game has a guaranteed end due to lack of interest in these new updates. When rose shuts down i'll be the first one to say "I told you so"

:)

there's no need a big community for take care of bots, 1/2 players that care about the game is already enough, because not only devs will get them respect but once u did many reports and all of them were real (player rlly botted), that means next reports might can be insta ban (who knows)

but is stupid that no one cares about botters, let me see, wen i was for lvl up and asked for party, guess what, all of them were afk, or didn't care, wana know what i did most of times? if there's near a boss, i just lured out don't giving a single * about them party or them progress, just seeing players afking botting makes a player hating them

before the reports was 0, u could send as many as u could, and yet nothing, they still was there, but now who knows, might be after 1/2 making sure that they are botting, poof bye bye progress, they are botting? is them responsability, not ours, get reported? then dont complain and think twice

mmorpgs games aint for be afk botting for hours, but yes for players have fun and playing WEN they have time, not wen they are at work and botting, oh yeah let me say another thing, wen i was in partys with botters (even me), the others went afk, do i need to res them all the time? i didn't needed but for get out of there alive and keeping my progress i always needed to res them, them armor? 0 dura, them weapon? also 0

is like the ones even **botting but checking 24/7 the pc are being the meatshield, or even the players who don't bot and do all the work, is that fun?

** i mostly wasn't against this part, but since i've stopped botting long time ago, i didn't even cared if player was checking 24/7 the pc ... one thing i've learn with that is, using bot? must be reported.

#47 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

wont work at all + it will make ppl work wasted in vain, because even if is only one client, players still can bot

there's no need a big community for take care of bots, 1/2 players that care about the game is already enough, because not only devs will get them respect but once u did many reports and all of them were real (player rlly botted), that means next reports might can be insta ban (who knows)

but is stupid that no one cares about botters, let me see, wen i was for lvl up and asked for party, guess what, all of them were afk, or didn't care, wana know what i did most of times? if there's near a boss, i just lured out don't giving a single * about them party or them progress, just seeing players afking botting makes a player hating them

before the reports was 0, u could send as many as u could, and yet nothing, they still was there, but now who knows, might be after 1/2 making sure that they are botting, poof bye bye progress, they are botting? is them responsability, not ours, get reported? then dont complain and think twice

mmorpgs games aint for be afk botting for hours, but yes for players have fun and playing WEN they have time, not wen they are at work and botting, oh yeah let me say another thing, wen i was in partys with botters (even me), the others went afk, do i need to res them all the time? i didn't needed but for get out of there alive and keeping my progress i always needed to res them, them armor? 0 dura, them weapon? also 0

is like the ones even **botting but checking 24/7 the pc are being the meatshield, or even the players who don't bot and do all the work, is that fun?

** i mostly wasn't against this part, but since i've stopped botting long time ago, i didn't even cared if player was checking 24/7 the pc ... one thing i've learn with that is, using bot? must be reported.

This has got to be one of the worst replys I have had yet, it's like repeating the same thing over and over. 

Here's the facts

•  80% of level 230 players in this game botted their way there
  • Spamming aoe by hand isn't fun
  • There are pretty much no partys going these days without botters as it is.
  • Take the botters away there will be no partys what so ever

Like it or not those botters are what keep rose going, just because you object because you can't always get into a party that's not their problem, you should mind your own business, they aren't hurting you, you're just jealous because you're not wise enough to get that same advantage by setting one up yourself.

I mean i'm talking from the point of view that will keep rose going, you say a big community doesn't matter? You're wrong. Without a big community there is less people buying item mall and Premium, without that they won't profit from the game, if they aren't profiting from the game then the game shuts down. 

Big community doesn't matter? lmao are you okay? do you need some help or? 

Let that sink in before you reply because I don't want to read another answer provided with the same thing over and over, that isn't even backed by any reasons or examples. Your answer is fully opinion, and not at all factual. 

#48 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

Me reading the responses by the botters in this thread.

2895571-7089934988-lol_s.gif

Edited by Feuer, 05 December 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#49 ripaton2

ripaton2

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:12 AM

I'm sad to post this, coz ROSE is a great game at basis.

- ROSE community is going down time after time (well, maybe it's how things goes after 10 years)

- Most vending activities are around IM (it's cool to have costumes, some are really good, but it's funny to see that it's almost impossible to find a good old blue Legendary armor... -- okay, i have to farm it myself..)

- Locking mechanisms are everywhere : binding, maps levels, scroll levels...

Making good rules is a basis, and i can only approve that. But what makes a good game is also challenge. News challenges. I dream of new planets (Rush on Seven...).

I'm not using bots : i tried them in a previous ROSE server (iRose) and was not pleased with that gaming way. My point is to take pleasure in front of screen, not to reach the high levels 1st. And sure that the best way is to cross and meet people (real ones, behind their kb). But im afraid that the effort to keep ROSE living is somewhere else than in botting rules...

Still there today, after many years. But how long for...

nota : just an idea to improve gaming and make players come back --> give people some tools and make them create new planets map ! When i see people creating worlds in Minecraft, i guess some would make crazy things here !

Edited by ripaton2, 05 December 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#50 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

Once they increase the level cap. Stuff is going to get real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users