#101 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

RT has made a considerable difference for me in leveling. I seem to do more damage with RT and a crappy Drifter than I do with Desperado and  HF&HF. The knockback is a nice addition, and it's nice not to have to deal with desperado's tendency to do variable crap damage due to not hitting fully(Especially frustrating vs 2-cell attack or ranged mobs)

Edited by Musclecub, 15 January 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#102 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:19 AM

Desperado with the 99 gun, soloing mid ti

#103 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:17 AM

I had a bunch of low TIs that I hadn't bothered to do yet, so I did those with Heaven/Hell pistol and Desperado. Fallen Angel improves things a little bit over gunslinger leveling, mostly for costing 10sp, but the mobility is nice, and the gun itself is a huge improvement, and you can use Platinum Alter to get even more mileage.

#104 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

talking about Fallen Angel, I think they will make a wonderful pair with Round Trip. Fallen Angel > swap weapon > RT that way you can jump straight into the mob instead of walking.

Since the bullet unequipped bug is fixed, this can be done I think.

I cant try this though because I fccked my skill set again. What do you guys think about this?

Neuralizer is 50m at least, anyone want to donate? :Emo_23:

Edited by KirinKishi808, 13 January 2016 - 07:34 AM.

#105 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

Bug is not fixed, is just that both weapons use same ammo, so nothing happens. And this combo is bad since you habe to wait the desperado cooldown to then use RT.

#106 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

desperado CD? do you mean the Fallen Angel 2 sec CD? because Desperado doesn't seem to have CD to me.

#107 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

Use it on strings and outside

Cast delay* , whatever

Edited by Ashuckel, 13 January 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#108 MatagiAsagi

MatagiAsagi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationUnknown place inside Rune Midgard

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

Noob question:
Which stats is formula damage for Dragon Tail skills, and is DT still consider as range attack?

Edited by MatagiAsagi, 13 January 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#109 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:25 AM

Noob question:
Which stats is formula damage for Dragon Tail skills, and is DT still consider as range attack?

DEX/ATK '-'

yeah,it's ranged.

#110 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

Would it be more effective to use Hit Barrel+Elemental Bullets, or Platinum Altar+Purifying+Converters? I seem to get a considerable damage increase with RT after using the appropriate converter with Purifying+PA, but converters are a PitA.

#111 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:48 AM

Would it be more effective to use Hit Barrel+Elemental Bullets, or Platinum Altar+Purifying+Converters? I seem to get a considerable damage increase with RT after using the appropriate converter with Purifying+PA, but converters are a PitA.

For RT damage, Hit Barrel won't add a lot of damage. It adds a percentage of your normal attack damage onto all the hits you do for the duration, with a max of 160%. So it will add 1.6 x [regular attack damage] onto your RT damage. Plus there's a 10 second timer when it runs out where you are basically defenseless, so if you're mob leveling and it runs out while you're surrounded, you're kind of screwed. I think it would be way more inconvenient than using converters.

Regarding converters, if the issue you have is that you can't tell when they run out, you could try using authoritative badges while leveling. They have the same duration as converters, so if you pop both at the same time, then whenever the agi-up icon disappears you'll know to re-apply.

#112 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

For RT damage, Hit Barrel won't add a lot of damage. It adds a percentage of your normal attack damage onto all the hits you do for the duration, with a max of 160%. So it will add 1.6 x [regular attack damage] onto your RT damage. Plus there's a 10 second timer when it runs out where you are basically defenseless, so if you're mob leveling and it runs out while you're surrounded, you're kind of screwed. I think it would be way more inconvenient than using converters.

Regarding converters, if the issue you have is that you can't tell when they run out, you could try using authoritative badges while leveling. They have the same duration as converters, so if you pop both at the same time, then whenever the agi-up icon disappears you'll know to re-apply.

Appreciates the Clarification. I seemed to do more damage with PA+Earth Converter than I did with MS Bullets when I tested it against a Carat, but I wasn't entirely sure. I didn't think about using the badges, I might take a trip to Payon 4 later and farm a bunch. 

I've been having great results with racial cards but I do have to ask, how do elemental bonus cards stack against racial bonus cards? Nogg Road 2, for instance, has 2 Dragons, but 3 fire-weak, so wouldn't double Vadons be more effective overall than double Earth Petites?

#113 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:59 AM

Appreciates the Clarification. I seemed to do more damage with PA+Earth Converter than I did with MS Bullets when I tested it against a Carat, but I wasn't entirely sure. I didn't think about using the badges, I might take a trip to Payon 4 later and farm a bunch. 

I've been having great results with racial cards but I do have to ask, how do elemental bonus cards stack against racial bonus cards? Nogg Road 2, for instance, has 2 Dragons, but 3 fire-weak, so wouldn't double Vadons be more effective overall than double Earth Petites?

I'm not sure how to lay out a general strategy for choosing cards, but taking your example of Nogg Road 2, I would probably optimize by using purifying bullets with 2x Vadon cards. That will boost your damage against shadow property mobs and fire property mobs, which covers everything in that area, and allows for platinum altar, so hopefully you'll one-shot everything with no problems, which is really your goal, right? If that doesn't work, the next best thing might be Archer Skel cards because the strongest mobs there are Nightmare Terrors and the two Deleter variants, and Archer Skel is the only card that will boost damage on all three.

#114 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

I'm not sure how to lay out a general strategy for choosing cards, but taking your example of Nogg Road 2, I would probably optimize by using purifying bullets with 2x Vadon cards. That will boost your damage against shadow property mobs and fire property mobs, which covers everything in that area, and allows for platinum altar, so hopefully you'll one-shot everything with no problems, which is really your goal, right? If that doesn't work, the next best thing might be Archer Skel cards because the strongest mobs there are Nightmare Terrors and the two Deleter variants, and Archer Skel is the only card that will boost damage on all three.

Yeah, I've been using a double kingbird for most places, but I've been using a double dragoon in Nogg for the bonus against the deleters, which lets me one-shot everything in there except the champ. I do plan to get a double vadon anyway for when I start doing Thor. I just got another minigun to +7 so I'mma put drainliar cards on it for use in the ice dungeon and I also have a double flora for Byalan 6. Are there any areas where size bonus cards would have similar usefulness, or will they always be trumped by elemental/racial?

I apologize for all the questions, I've never really paid much attention to carding and bonuses in the past, but now that I'm over 100 it's important that I try to get the most out of my carding decision.

#115 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

There are a good number of armors listed as usable by every class except Rebel, yet a few of them I have put on before so the wiki doesn't seem very updated for Rebel regarding gears. Does anyone know if Valkyrie gear and Temporal Dex Boots can be equipped by Rebel? I'd rather not waste my money buying a piece of gear I can't equip and I can't really go by the wiki. I have a pair of Silverleather boots for when I hit 160, so I'm looking for a non-EV substitute until then.

#116 xotolito

xotolito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:27 AM

Dude what the heck is going on in your signature? Been wondering this for a few days haha

Anyway Rebel cannot equip valk gear or the temporal dex boot, just tested this to be sure...a cheap alternative to e variant is vidar's boots, sadly, or regular non-transformed temporal boot upgraded, since this can be equipped by all job. 

I know Vidar boot kinda sucks but its the best option for hp sp pool besides e variant+9 firelock, vidar, or normal temporal boot. Too bad silverleather is 160 only and can only use it at max level, its like the perfect rebel boot (well temporal dex EA enchant is better but we dont get to use it sadly) 

Also for armor glittering jacket with dex+3 and dame of sentinel card is my personal favorite armor for rebel, it's not terribly expensive to make yourself if you're somewhat lucky with the enchant armor guy and dame cards aren't that expensive, with a puny 75 vit I get +7 dex from this armor alone, very handy. Zerom carded accessories give a cheap +6 dex boost as well, so there's that to consider. Dex seems to boost RT damage quite a bit so it's worth it to me to focus on the dex boost you can get from anywhere. 

Dont forget you can get an e. variant for the low price of regular variant shoes if you have the time and patience to do 30 high energy crystal quests with one char, which is really tedious but I think it's worth it, even un-upgraded e variant is better than vidar's, but in 30 days you'll probably be 160 anyway so it won't matter at that point/ 

#117 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Dude what the heck is going on in your signature? Been wondering this for a few days haha

It's a clip from the song Ru Girl by Alaska Thunderfvck 5000. I found it amusing so I made it into a gif image for signature purposes.

And yeah, I was using Vidar's until I bought an unrefined E. Variant during a price drop and slapped a Verit card on it. Now that I got my Heroleather Boots I'm gonna sell my E. Variants and switch back to Vidar's since I don't seem to notice much of an improvement to survivability and I can use the money to buy a Sentinel card and more slim. I'm still using a Vali's and until I can afford a +9 EMH Ulle's Cap seems to be the best choice for headgear, so I can get the set bonuses with Odin's. Currently using two RWC Rings with Zeroms, which seems to be the best I'm gonna get with my current budget.

I think it kinda sucks that Expanded classes got the short end of the stick with how much gear is "transcendent only".

Edited by Musclecub, 22 January 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#118 xotolito

xotolito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

Oh, about EMH...

Last nite a friend let me borrow a +9 king poring hat with dolomedes card, and I was doing more damage with that than with a +9 emh, around 1.5k more damage. Pretty surprising, but something to consider. Seems like +7 dex is better than the +7 atk% for emh, where round trip is concerned anyway. Even better would be +14 king poring with DLE conc3 but that's a pipe dream for me at the moment. Still, might be cheaper to get a +9 king poring hat than a +9 emh, although the emh could be used with other chars, whereas the king poring will probably only benefit rebel the most. 

Edited by xotolito, 22 January 2016 - 07:32 AM.

#119 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

Selling a +14 gun of your choice!!!!

#120 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:19 AM

Oh, about EMH...

Last nite a friend let me borrow a +9 king poring hat with dolomedes card, and I was doing more damage with that than with a +9 emh, around 1.5k more damage. Pretty surprising, but something to consider. Seems like +7 dex is better than the +7 atk% for emh, where round trip is concerned anyway. Even better would be +14 king poring with DLE conc3 but that's a pipe dream for me at the moment. Still, might be cheaper to get a +9 king poring hat than a +9 emh, although the emh could be used with other chars, whereas the king poring will probably only benefit rebel the most. 

I've thought about aiming for an Airship Captain's Hat in the meantime since it gives the same 7% attack bonus as the EMH gives, without having to refine it to +9. Plus, it's incredibly sexy.

#121 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

No, captains hat gives 7% ranged dmg. EMH gives 7% atk and 5% ranged.
And, atk% is totally different from ranged%.

@xotolito
Thats because the actual dex amount is not enough to make the EMH better. Is like on sorc, INT plays a massive role in your skills damage, but if you go all int and no matk, your damage is low. If you go all matk and forget int, is low too.

#122 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:33 AM

So, at last for waiting over a decade on the 2nd job for the GS class I finally decided to go and start my journey as a Rebellion. I'd like to call it Rebel but for some reason the auto-correct is messing with me. :heh:

My only question is: What's the difference between a level 1 Fallen Angel and a level 5?

#123 Musclecub

Musclecub

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:59 PM

So, at last for waiting over a decade on the 2nd job for the GS class I finally decided to go and start my journey as a Rebellion. I'd like to call it Rebel but for some reason the auto-correct is messing with me. :heh:

My only question is: What's the difference between a level 1 Fallen Angel and a level 5?

From what I understand, it seems that Fallen Angel casts Desperado of the same level as FA. So if you use FA level1, it uses Desperado level 1, and if you use FA level 5, it uses Desperado level 5.

It honestly seems that way in practice, as I noticed I seemed to do less damage with FA 5 than I did with Desperado 10.

Edited by Musclecub, 01 February 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#124 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Level 1 = useless because of the horrible 3 sec cast delay & 10 sec cool down. a prerequisite for getting Heat Barrel.

Level 5 = available only if you are using Pistol. Need to swap weapon if you are using Gatling gun.

cant say anything about the damage difference because I dont have FA skill to test it right now. But I always thought FA regardless of level will always cast lvl 10 Desperado.

The last time I test FA lvl 1 in low TI the Desperado damage doesn't differ much compare to my manual lvl 10 Desperado. Need some clarification on this.

#125 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

Level 1 = useless because of the horrible 3 sec cast delay & 10 sec cool down. a prerequisite for getting Heat Barrel.

Level 5 = available only if you are using Pistol. Need to swap weapon if you are using Gatling gun.

cant say anything about the damage difference because I dont have FA skill to test it right now. But I always thought FA regardless of level will always cast lvl 10 Desperado.

The last time I test FA lvl 1 in low TI the Desperado damage doesn't differ much compare to my manual lvl 10 Desperado. Need some clarification on this.

True that. I had tested them now as well. I've been trying not to get past 100 just to unlimitedly reset my skills.

I just find it funny that pistols have lame skills set.

Also, is it normal that Rebellion's job level exp growth is somewhat lower compared to a Kagerou/Oboro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users