12-09-2015 Maintenance Notes - Page 6 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12-09-2015 Maintenance Notes

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#126 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:37 AM

Not 100% related to the WoE discussion but how do people feel about some sort of investment system similar to GD/HoA Investment on Renewal with a revised item list to better suit our server?

Adding WoE and PvM essentials to it including supply items not currently found in GSBs might be nice, and perhaps non-ranked whites and blues as an alternative to the BG system, along with whatever else might be needed or nice to have. It would be a great zeny sink regardless, and it could be tied to any number of things.

I'd also like to see the bot monopoly on low-end mobs' cards disincentivised somehow, and this might be the way to go about it if handled correctly, like giving out some form of alternative OCA that can't be traded 3:1 with that NPC.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 12 December 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#127 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Are we going to get rebel in classic?

#128 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

Are we going to get rebel in classic?

lol no

@CMs can we have Bradium Stonehammer and/or Vecer Axe as drops in the next Challenge Dungeon? I'd also love to see the Veteran Gear; Veteran Sword for Swordies (Bash / BB damage +%), Veteran Hammer for Acos (Heal power +% and +CRIT) and Veteran Axe for Merchies (MB on Hammerfall and +ATK for Forging skills). All Pre-Renewal New World items and competitive in their own right.

Also

CEgBxip.jpg

Partnership with a ping reduction service provider to offer subscriptions with VIP when? Not even kidding when I (and many others, repeatedly, over a very long period of time) say that it's the no.1 reason behind potential new players, pserver vagrants and returners not giving iRO a chance.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 13 December 2015 - 02:10 AM.

#129 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:59 AM

Seconded almr.

Here's my point of view, from asian player point of view (some):

1. I start playing in mid 2014, that is like few years after iRO server established. We did not know there is international server. We just thought the game died --> lack of advertising. Ads in facebook is superb enough. A lot of mRO players still looking for private server because of not knowing there is iRO.

2. Bots, afk-er, low population can be still be adapted. One thing that just can't be tolerated --> RMT kills it. Kafra shop is legalized RMT which is acceptable but purchasing mvps via 3rd party.. That just -_- up.

3. Lag and delay. This is main reason u shouldn't own the title "international RO". Just change it to USRO or anything because the way the lag is, the non updated websites, really doesn't represents international level.

What I'm trying to say is, with proper advertising, proper updates (content update is like asking the impossible, what I meant is website contents such as month boxes, spotlights, events), proper RMT handling and proper ping/traffic/routes management, u'll get ur sales from all around the world. Face it, current generation won't play games that is so poor animated. They have xbox, better computer games. The one that is playing is returning players.

With pRO closing, we had a temporary boost of players from pinoy. That happens when classic is at a danger state. But now? What should we expect when there's reduction of player numbers and there's no more source of new players.

Edited by AmericanPie, 13 December 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#130 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:21 AM

A partnership with a ping reducer would be great but it's not going to solve all the latency issues. To put this into perspective I play from the UK with about 180ping on average. Most of the time I don't use or need a ping reducer. A lot of people blablabla at me about how can I play with such lag, but most of the time I don't feel it. I'm just used to it. It does not bother me.

When I run a ping reducer, I often find that it helps a little, but it also causes a lot of problems. Sometimes those programs make things worse... don't ask me why. I've tried lowerping, wtfast, battleping... and well. Since the data center move the servers have felt sluggish anyway.

A lot of people are used to a different kind of software too. So there's that. Although it wouldn't hurt to set up such a thing (infact I think it'd be great) I don't think a ping reducer is going to solve all the issues.

Plus there's a reason games are normally split into US/Latin america/SEA/EU. You're never going to be lag free.

I do however think iRO needs to think about changing their ISP. What I'm saying is the solution runs deeper than pingzapper.

Regarding advertising... motivate the playerbase. That's free advertising.

And start damage mitigation now. Every passing week is saturating the server more and more making it worse and worse for incoming players. imo we might be past a point of no return but that's not a reason to put off taking action. Get a trade in for surplus gear/cards, lock down castle loots for the rest of the year, figure out how to add value to rewards again, come up with an action plan and launch it with the new year.

Oh, cheater policy when? That really needs to be addressed, Classic is not like renewal in this regard and pretending it isn't happening is pretty harmful when the GMs are now scared to take action because of perceived biases. It's sick that the community have bullied the GM team into inaction via tantrum throwing so if that's what they want and they are adverse to certain illicit activities being reported, just legalize it already!

Edited by Xellie, 13 December 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#131 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

Enforcement over legalization. Do not reward people for breaking your rules and cheating. Not only does that further degrade the game itself but you are also teaching people that they are free to push the envelope and ignore the rules because you will just acquiesce to them doing so.

The longer you wait to start putting your foot down the worse it is going to get. You don't have to jump straight to permabans but you have to send the message you are serious and will no longer stand for people trampling all over the rules and fair play.

If you don't demonstrate that breaking the rules will at least eventually result in punishment I don't see how you can be surprised at how many people maliciously cheat, and keep in mind these are other players that they are intentionally doing it to. And they are not going to put up with it forever, quite the opposite.

Edited by rojoky113, 13 December 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#132 StevieMac

StevieMac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:52 AM

Can you please check out the melee in woe i feel like it's been boosted, I was gone for a whole 1 year so maybe in that time it was enhanced?. Yesterday during woe I was unable to out pot a crit sinx which is hard for me to believe since i had full demi resist on, it just didn't make any sense to me. Also can you please do a MVP card check because there is a guild out there that seems to have MVP cards every week and they havent even been on this server very long. I'm really kinda worried about this whole rmt thing seems like it's getting worse everyday, thanks.

#133 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

Woe is currently missing the melee reduction. I believe they should be adding it back in, should make crit sins more reasonable.

I second that rmt concern, it's not even subtle when a new guild suddenly has like two of a highly coveted and camped mvp card that should be dropping like once a year statistically that as far as I know they haven't been camping and hasn't been auctioned for sale. And that's not even half of what they suddenly have. It's like magic!

If we report the individuals using these cards will there be action taken to check them? Might not be the greatest time if everyone has to start reporting every mvp card they see but hey feel free to develop and execute a more reasonable response.

Edited by rojoky113, 13 December 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#134 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:28 AM

I remember making a topic about the woe reduction not being put back properly after the last set of event woes and everyone being like NAAAAAAAH U MAD CUZ BAD now suddenly it's a huge deal lmfao - get it fixed already!

I know who you guys are talking about and I also know they've lost multiple Taos in the past couple months ^^; But hey mentioning such things leads to forum abuse and harassment - so if you're going to report, do so but don't talk about it and warn them.

But yes reporting the items does get it looked into. It also gets innocent people's accounts shut down for weeks at a time *cough VARIANTS cough*

Edited by Xellie, 13 December 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#135 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:08 PM

A partnership with a ping reducer would be great but it's not going to solve all the latency issues. To put this into perspective I play from the UK with about 180ping on average. Most of the time I don't use or need a ping reducer. A lot of people blablabla at me about how can I play with such lag, but most of the time I don't feel it. I'm just used to it. It does not bother me.

I play from Australia. I used a ping reducer to GET TO 180 ping, and the game plays smoothly. I'd like to see what it's like at a good 40ms ping, though.

#136 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

I play from Australia. I used a ping reducer to GET TO 180 ping, and the game plays smoothly. I'd like to see what it's like at a good 40ms ping, though.

Also from Aus, and I can also testify to ping reduction services improving my gameplay experience pretty goddamn immensely.

From 250-300 ping normally to around 180 through Battleping. 200 through WTFast. I literally could not play this game without being subbed to one of those services.

Unless I was a perpetual vendor or afker. That's not really "playing" though despite what many "active" people will tell you.

#137 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:37 AM

Playing without them is impossible; it's a shame LowerPing is apparently dead, since BattlePing is awful, and PingZapper, while good, takes a while to actually connect by proxy, sometimes I start it, play for 5 minutes, disconnect, to only then find out it JUST connected.

#138 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:51 AM

Once changed address, it really was horrible connection. Mend it please.

Disconnected when you select the character. When you try to select character, the same thing.

It must be some problem with the route. From Brazil here...

Edited by Xandyzor, 15 December 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#139 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:33 AM

So what are you saying, they should continue using a -_- isp? It's not just people in aus that have issues with the connection you know. A lot of people in the USA do too.

#140 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:06 AM

The lag is good, it makes the game balanced for people from asia ( 240ms pings), since everyone is laggy.

#141 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:08 AM

I dont know what is the problem. Just fix this.

#142 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

Can you please check out the melee in woe i feel like it's been boosted, I was gone for a whole 1 year so maybe in that time it was enhanced?. Yesterday during woe I was unable to out pot a crit sinx which is hard for me to believe since i had full demi resist on, it just didn't make any sense to me. Also can you please do a MVP card check because there is a guild out there that seems to have MVP cards every week and they havent even been on this server very long. I'm really kinda worried about this whole rmt thing seems like it's getting worse everyday, thanks.

Yo Ric, how's the Booty Hunting? Well I hope!

I feel absolutely flattered about all the comments on my crit sinx. My guildies have the utmost trouble dealing with you so it's up to me to stop you from stealing our castles :3. Even my beloved char-deleter Rom praised me live in a very popular stream channel  :heh:

Spoiler

On a more serious note, I'd also like to see some answers aboout that melee auto attack reduction. When I created my sinX (~1month and a half ago) we ran lots of tests with ~Rampage members. A decent VIT (80 or 90 total) with average gears (42% demi, proxy) could outpot me with no problem in siege and BG. The same character only could outpot me in PvP wearing my asprika. Wearing DR and/or elemental weakness (such as holy vs ED) seems to be suicide regardless of the context.

So I believe there must be some reduction going on on siege. Or maybe the targets were laggy, we play from Brazil and our ping sucks anyway. (We also rely on ping reducers to be able to play decently smooth, so +1 to the busty 2d lady idea).

Also I'm not very good at english but it seems the current reduction in WoE for skills is 50% instead of 40%. Is it right?

I mean come on, every single build I ever used was created around 40% reduction. How can I live with 50%?  :p_sad:

Will try to look the thread for answers.

Love y'all.

Ry.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 15 December 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#143 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

did you consider testing damage per hit rather than ambiguous "outpotting"? x.x

#144 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

We did, Shadd had the numbers but I can't reach him atm. I believe it was a ~20% difference. I just mentioned outpotting to (try) to enlighten Ric about why I killed him several times. He seems pretty tanky when it comes to gfists, maybe I got him wearing DR. All the dozens of times  :heh: . We'll try to test it again this saturday, since we were warned again of how keeping econs right now is a bad idea (thanks, hun :3). But I'd like to see GM/CM data because I'm BR and I might end up HUEing everything. I'm sure you understand.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 15 December 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#145 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:51 AM

Well BG and siege are different types of reduction.

And you're welcome <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users