• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Kayroll

Kayroll

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

I think that RO2 need a wiki just like RO1 so we can browse through quest and classses and we really need a monster and item database that are completely like the RO1 with detailed monster drop and its rate..and many more 

http://db.irowiki.org/db/     <---- this is the sample of the database...

Please .... WarpPortal we really need it

#2 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:19 PM

roguard.net
ro2.doskoi.org

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:28 PM

WarpPortal can barely keep their websites up to date, you really think they can manage their own wikis?

#4 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

http://ro2.doskoi.org/ heres the nice boat Guild database thats been here for everybody to use!

#5 natasyacindy

natasyacindy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

http://ro2.doskoi.org/ heres the nice boat Guild database thats been here for everybody to use!

what flashed in my mind when someone talk about database  :p_laugh:

is ro2.doskoi created by nice boat guild? i mean did you guys who created this useful website  :p_omg:

#6 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

what flashed in my mind when someone talk about database  :p_laugh:

is ro2.doskoi created by nice boat guild? i mean did you guys who created this useful website  :p_omg:

It was created by one of our members. and he went off and put our logo on it. thats why its nice database XD. but he does everything him self.

#7 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:35 AM

ye dis game much fun such success that we prefer programming instead of playin' it.

giphy.gif

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:01 AM

Dat Windows XP.

#9 kayinnn

kayinnn

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

there is no database for ro2? 

i cant open these site

roguard.net

ro2.doskoi.org 

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

there is no database for ro2? 

i cant open these site
roguard.net
ro2.doskoi.org 

I'll try to contact the admin of RO Guard, but considering it hasn't been updated since December 2014, chances are it's been shut down for good.

As for Nice Database, it looks like the domain name expired so either the domain is in the process of being renewed or that site has been shuttered as well. Deathcauser is the admin of Nice Database, but she hasn't logged into the forums since May so I don't know if messaging her here will amount to anything.

With those two gone, I'm afraid there's no more fanmade databases for RO2. Doesn't look like anyone capable is willing to start another one up considering the sordid state of RO2.

#11 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

Just a FYI since this thread got bumped, all Nice Boat developers, and our leader Leila/deathcauser, are long gone. I killed all my RO2 related projects last year (guild website, status page, browser add-on...) and now Palimpseste who had the dedication to make and maintain the ro2.doskoi.org database is also leaving the scene. It takes time and money to maintain these kind of projects (and we did without any kind of monetization whatsoever) and with the petty state of RO2 it's just not worth it anymore.

RO Guard and older databases were unmaintained before we even started, despite having ad income which should tell you how low traffic this community has become compared to it's debut. I hope the community will get new volunteer developers as time goes on, I saw Tonitrua made a website lately, that's always nice to see. Just manage your expectations, an RO2-related websites only has a couple hundred visitors a month, so if you do want to start making a website do it for yourself, not the traffic.

#12 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

The other VCRs have nagged me to work on my site and make it a full database, if I have free time I'll work on that at some time soon. In the mean time my site already has some basic database information for the items you can search for, though it's limited to any items that are in auction at the time at the moment.

Just a FYI since this thread got bumped, all Nice Boat developers, and our leader Leila/deathcauser, are long gone. I killed all my RO2 related projects last year (guild website, status page, browser add-on...) and now Palimpseste who had the dedication to make and maintain the ro2.doskoi.org database is also leaving the scene.

Do you know if Palimpseste would be willing to share any of their source code or documentation/utilities? I've still got a lot of the client files left to decipher.

Edited by Tonitrua, 09 July 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#13 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

The other VCRs have nagged me to work on my site and make it a full database, if I have free time I'll work on that at some time soon. In the mean time my site already has some basic database information for the items you can search for, though it's limited to any items that are in auction at the time at the moment.

Do you know if Palimpseste would be willing to share any of their source code or documentation/utilities? I've still got a lot of the client files left to decipher.

That's really up to him. For now he's making all sorts of terrible excuses like how his code is not good enough to be shared. How he wants to improve it but doesn't want to spend the time on it. Nonsense of course, I hope he changes his mind!

#14 akemarufin

akemarufin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

both 

roguard.net
ro2.doskoi.org 

are down!!!!

#15 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:42 PM

Just an update for everyone who is missing the Doskoi database (RIP), I've begun updating my database to incorporate similar features to the site, more updates to come in the future which I'll post on over on this thread

That's really up to him. For now he's making all sorts of terrible excuses like how his code is not good enough to be shared. How he wants to improve it but doesn't want to spend the time on it. Nonsense of course, I hope he changes his mind!

Thanks anyway, I've got most of the client data files figured out now, though my source code is surely more of a disaster than his :P 

With those two gone, I'm afraid there's no more fanmade databases for RO2. Doesn't look like anyone capable is willing to start another one up

:hmm:

Edited by Tonitrua, 21 July 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#16 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

giphy.gif

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

:hmm:

Good luck. You'll be getting a lot of traffic considering you'll be the only database host around.

#18 Kyperion

Kyperion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

A proper Wikipedea guide for Ro2 would be a great help for new players, since its easy to search...  :wah:

#19 kayinnn

kayinnn

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

great! im looking forward for the database :p_laugh:

#20 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

A proper Wikipedea guide for Ro2 would be a great help for new players, since its easy to search...  :wah:

I've been working on the idea of adding a series of guides to my site as well, though it may be some time before I can get around to it. Since there isn't really any good centralized source of RO2 info/guides and most of the guides on the forum are pretty outdated. I'll post updates over on that other forum thread if I make any progress with that. 

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:12 PM

Problem is not a lot of people want to contribute to wikis so guides are most likely to be made via forum threads. An iRO2 Wiki did exist at one point, but the admin shut it down because it received little to no contributors.

#22 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:39 PM

I was able to restore www.roguard.net (well most of it). Some icons and news seem to be gone, maybe more not sure yet.

Edited by Flash2k6, 28 July 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

#24 xhan

xhan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Last post is almost a year ago... so I am guessing there is none updated database out there...

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

Nope, all fanmade RO2 databases have died off and WP is completely incapable of hosting their own official database.

https://forums.warpp...ions/?p=2584473

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users