Most treasured memories of Rose - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Most treasured memories of Rose

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:23 AM

Hello Roserians,

Since its the 10th Anniversary of Rose,

I want to ask everyone to share screenshots/stories of their most treasured memories of rose :p_idea: .

Just to share some nostalgic moments :p_smile: .

Happy Anniversary to all :ok: .

~Angel :p_angel:

Ps. i hope to see stories from everyone (incl staff, moderators and devs since they are also part of the game)

Spoiler

Edited by angeltje, 08 December 2015 - 02:31 AM.

#2 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

I have too many great memories  :p_laugh:

Some memories....

Got to know some fantastic people.  One being was Forum user Mentos, who made me my Forums Avatar and sig. 

I told him i would always use and i have done for several years now. 

Running the Who Dunnits??! on Forums

1/ Genesis was guilty!! I think he ran over Huey in Adventure Plains  :p_omg:

2/ Coffeemuse's crime of passion LOL...(His crime) I think he gave Crune in Junon Polis a wedgie!

There was more, but those two were the funniest.

Setting up shop in Luna, boy oh boy those were the days.

Moon Childs <3 

Good time's  :ph34r:

#3 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

Nice memories Naughty :no1:

I think i got a list myself.

1. when i joined miss rose online 2013, it was lots of fun and i even made it into the finals :p_laugh:

The support from my friends made it great.

2. When i joined SpaceMonkeys, i became great friends with the master (also IRL) :p_idea:

3. Meeting some of my amazing friends, some i still have and others i dont but i treasure them all with whole my heart :kis: :lv:

4. When i got the nickname angeltje from one of my friends. Its always funny when people try to pronounce angeltje :p_devil:

It always makes me laugh to hear it but to be nice i always tell people that angel is fine also :p_angel:

I will try to find some screenshots with those memories later and i might think of more cause all those memories is hard to choice from hihi

Edited by angeltje, 09 December 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:58 PM

I remember making this back in the pre-Evolution era. You can still see the character fountain in the background. :D

Back then, showing off the Castle Gear was a big thing because they were so very rare to see.

Attached File  GM.gif   60.39KB   20 downloads

This was back when I was the Head GM. My how time flies, and things change.

Anyone remember this picture?

Can you name who that is?

Attached File  I-win.jpg   103.23KB   23 downloads

xD

#5 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

Yeah Leonis! Players thought you were so rich and powerful when you had a Castle Gear during that time :)

One of my most treasured memories is when Akram Kingdom Set and Ancient Royal Set prices were less than or equal to 500M, most of my party members had been wearing those King/Royal Sets, even at their low character's level.

Let's bring back the memories!!!! [Adjust the droprate Leonis!!!!!! xD]  :heh:

#6 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:12 PM

@leonis nice memories :D and i know which npc that is [Eucar Judge] Ishtal.

And @cottoncandies also good memories but no suggestions Please just share :)

Lets keep those stories comming!!

Edited by angeltje, 10 December 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#7 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

All 10 years (and more if you count iROSE) for me have been an experience, but some memories are stronger than others:

• Gem quest groups
  • Those long leveling and farming sessions in Forgotten Temple when the max level cap was 140.
  • When characters of all levels used to hang around Aqua King / Grand Master Golem.
  • That time when Shabu Shabu was introduced into the game too early just before the first Eldeon maps were released.
  • And some of these.

It's hard to imagine that 10 years ago, I was just a kid still in high school playing an MMORPG, and now I have the privilege of developing the same game 10 years on.

#8 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

Gosh I have so many special memories of ROSE. I grew up with this game and am really happy that it's still around so many years later. It's just part of my life. Since I was not here for the whole time, many of my memories are connected to the other servers I played at and it wouldn't be appropriate to share those but here are a few things that I look back at and giggle about now.

- When I played at iROSE, I had a dial-up connection. Most of the time the game was like a series of screen shots because I never actually saw myself moving. I remember walking to Junon Polis and being killed by Porkies in Anima Lake again and again and I never saw it happen- just suddenly found myself dead lol

- The huge mob that was always waiting for the Aqua Kings to spawn in El Verloon. When one appeared, the lag from everyone attacking it almost always caused me to d/c.

- Guardian Trees- there were always a ton of ppl waiting for them too and you could pretty much bet that one would end up spawning on top of me, killing me instantly. Finally my bf at the time got me a set of garnets (even tho my character was a soldier) in the hopes that I could survive the trees long enough to get the proofs for the Hero/Episode Quest

- Doing temple quests for the hearts. T3 was level 130 max and always a war zone ( I disliked pvp then as much as I do now), but T2 was usually empty so we just did the quests there on our little characters, killing them off so they wouldn't outlevel it.

- When we played here for a few months in 2009, I remember being shocked that a drill dropped from a monster. Had no clue exactly what could be drilled lol. Then in Zant we saw that people would pay pretty good for those drills. Selling them kept us in kiwi and we were thrilled about that.  :P

The best part of ROSE is the many people that I have met over the years. The friendships have lasted and I cherish every one of them. The ROSE community is like a big family. Sometimes family members move away for awhile, but the connection remains and when they come back (even years later) it's like they never left.  Family is forever

#9 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:39 AM

I'm just a fresh part of the ROSE community and by now I guess everybody knows I'm from DragonSaga.

So I can't come up with lots and lots of amazing memories, even if I would love to. It will be just a few from me to add on to the bige ROSE treasured memory collection. But I guess that's pretty okay and even if my list is small, I treasure every single point of it.

So here we go:

I'm very thankful for all the help I got from so many nice people in the forums and in the game. It were those people that helped me through the game, quests and answered tons of my questions. So it is you guys, you are one of my most treasured memories.

This one random rock I got that stuck into only a re-log got me out. I was on mount and we somehow managed to get partly - in - said rock.

I'm a pretty relaxed person, but this damn thing made me explode.

On a mount, yes, that brings up another one of my memories - Bob. I guess I will never forget this little bugger and his bridge problem.

Angel, my little -cough- spider mount I got from Angeltje. This is not really a memory, yes that I got Angel is for sure one. But it is a goal too, one day I will ride Angel. Not sure when this day will be, but I will.

Last and one of the most treasured ones, Rainbow. He's basically Bob's son and the mount I'm constantly using. There is a bright rainbow colored story to him I won't reveal in public though, sorry guys. However, I once again want to thank a very special person for him.

#10 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

@fliederduft78 i totally remember giving that mount to you :). i love to help people and those moments belong to my memories also :).

Keep the stories comming guys and girls :p_idea:

Lol i just remember another thing. I deleted a lowbie and by mistake that lowbie still had my item mall flowers -_-". So i did send a ticket and shazam0 & support team worked on it for 2weeks to get my flowers back. Gosh that was stupid from me, but mainly shaz his help with poking support was great.

Edited by angeltje, 10 December 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#11 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

getting a +9 with old refine system, some might know how difficult this was back then.

(

screen015.jpg

#12 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:05 AM

I too have many wonderful memories of Rose. It's only been 5.5 years since I started playing, but so much has changed. I remember doing Union War, and seeing lots of CGs in it, and thinking to myself that some day I would have one. Well I do now, but ofc they are just toys to play with at this time. I also remember leveling at Moon Children, Hell Vulcans (Vulcan Kings now), Goblin Caves, and more! I remember helping to make Sound of Smokers 2-5 grade 7 clans. Oh! And the Epics, I remember when they came out, and a bunch of us got together and went farming for them. The very first one I ever got was a Devastation. The people are truly wonderful in this game, and although I don't get along with everyone, I wish everyone a great time playing Rose. I have been privilidged with becoming a Class Representative, and the honor of working with the community and staff has been wonderful. One of my favorite memories though, was when a friend gave my mage an Ein Stern +10. That meant something back then! Here is to more good times to come.

#13 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:39 PM

Waking up at stupid AM (think it was 5am) to enter clan fields for those jelly

Miss the old character fountain login, felt epic logging in

GMG days

Moon child

The feeling of finally getting a (9)

Luna and Eldeon vending

Just a few so miss the good old days :(

#14 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

My most memorable memory on ROSE was the start of my PVP career.

Last year I had met a mage in TG. In my thought, scouts are best next to raiders in 1v1 [ I didnt know there were a lot of changes since I just came back from playing] so i could easily beat him. I proudly challenged him to a 1v1 , me playing as a scout. To my surprise I did not make any damage at all and I lost. I frankly told him I was so disappointed, after all the hardwork of farming to get myself fully geared I just lost to a mage. Then he explained things to me and I was enlightened. Later then we always meet in TG and he invited me to do wars with him. He was so good, especially in playing dual raider. Even though I wasnt doing well in wars, he invited me to his clan. It was like a dream come true to become a part of a purple clan who wars in TG. I was invited in Ares.

Day by day he taught me the essential stuff to learn in this game. He trained and helped me to become better. Even though my progress was slow, I didnt give up and he did not give up on me too. He earned my outmost respect and I became loyal to a clan for the first time for the past 9 years.

Thru wars I gained enemies. I witnessed how people talk trash to each other but i just ignored it. I just focused on how to play. I go along with my clannies and allies. I gained also a lot of good friends who later helped me also.

Even now, thru pvp's I continue to gather friends.

#15 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:31 AM

Wow monna thats such a nice memorie :)

#16 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:15 AM

Thanks :) althou I do have so many memories of this game, Id say the one I shared is the best of all since it made me actively play for a year, and counting.

#17 Burj

Burj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

Reading the above posts makes me cry. How time flies so fast. I remember saying goodbyes and taking screenshots with friends ingame/irl on the last day of Prose before shutting down. Afterwhich i joined Narose and had hoped that my friends would do the same. They did joined other private server otherwise. I was so sad on the first few months of playing but became happy afterwards when i met some great new friends. I remember faction war when almost everyone would join only junon order and arumics. I remember hating span2047 because he was too fast that i couldn't catch him with his aspd/mspd buff set. I remember doing the death glitch and would kill almost everyone under the crystal (mage here). I remember when my cannon bourg had an insane aspd and with a long range dominates everyone in tg.

#18 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

Haven't got any old screenshots saved anymore aside from those that happened to be on an old photobucket acct.

jagzedlvl118.jpg

Early 2006. I didn't play raider much longer, but the name has stuck.

unionwar.jpg

Union Wars was why I sped home at 3:40 or so every day from work. Racing to the NPC to sign up!

2010, That AP.

APspainshirtfairy.jpg

The day BourgSquad started, I told ChickenBucket, hey, enough of Godly, Bourg master race clan leggo!

rosebourgies.jpg

#19 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:55 AM

iRose time

• Getting unique drop from boss... unique was really an "unique" item... 
  • u need a big bunch of players to down every boss... impossible to do it if you have less than 10 players... 
  • IM costume is really a costume (without any added advantage)...

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

@Jagz, that OG Gigantic Wave Skin <3 

#21 twinke

twinke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Union warring in Castle gear back when your stats effected them making CG huge war machines from hell 

#22 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:28 AM

Y2h2oLu.jpg

I remember my first CG.. back then my +5 refined carrot staff was still cool! That's one of my favorite memories, all my friends participated to a birthday gift back when I was poor :)
Instead of focusing on one champion, we all leveled 5 together and wasted money on crap.. literally. All ballroom costumes, because why not?

When I made my first clan "symbiotic" and all my favorite people were in it. We were basically just really close friends that have played for awhile together, it was probably one of the best times in Rose other than my time spent in EverybodyKillazz , we had a policy to collect bunnies and instead of a traditional clan picture we wanted an artsy one :)

3pREHRo.jpg

And we'll never forget how I joined Ms Rose two years in a row and failed to win both years because I'm not good enough (sobs)
Didn't care for the corwn in particular, I just remember that I really wanted the dress that I collaborated with Xenobite on making, 2012. I got to the finals both 2012 and 2013.. I shall win another year! ;)

lvAM6Bv.jpg <--- Does anyone have the original files left? I seem to have lost the concept art to it!

I remember spending 3 hours trying to make the gif work because it was choppy but oh I loved the first contest 

cKRb3hl.gif<

My old friends were so cute so when I sat at the "afk" spot in Junon while I ate dinner, I came back to a lot of shops rooting for me to win.
413698_10150926746911769_2064288248_o.jp

Please take back Miss Rose sometime! 

Another thing that was a precious memory was when Xenobite turned my concept art into an item! The cute bunny cap is still in game, and for those who were in my old clan Symbiotic having bunnies as a policy, all know how great we all looked matching with them. I lost the pictures however!

Do you guys remember when ShazamO was a CM? He used to spawn butterflies at random places... in the Island as well! I miss dancing randomly in Junon having butterflies spawning around me :)

1_zpse13573e2.jpg

I also had plenty of fun when the costume came out and everyone did the same quest.. Rose had been dead for awhile before that quest, at least in terms of PvE and questing... 
Seeing everyone wait patiently until Kera spawned was a magical moment on it's own, made some new friends! 

IqMMU6l.jpg

And that one time when Draconis Peaks buffs wouldn't leave Ana alone, we stalked Genesis and named the blue Draconis buff "Tommy"

cYMRmDs.png

There's plenty of more memories that I've gathered from Rose, both new and old ones... these ones just sum up the ones I have with picture proof :) I'll of course never forget how much help I got back in Draconis from Zurn's clan Shiragiku, or all the times I've warred in TG with EverybodyKillaz, Interex or all other old war clans... No matter how many times I come back or quit, I'll always remember the precious moments I've had from the old days of Rose online. Especially the ones where EBK had Karaoke nights on Ventrilo and everyone was jealous of how good Kevin sang even though he had an asian accent to every english word.

I'm simply grateful for all the wonderful people I've met and gotten to know in Rose Online, two of them are still my best friends since 5 years back.

224995_10150885143521769_985572000_n.jpg 
(Taken from Sams good bye party in EBK when she had to quit even though she didn't want to)

#23 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

I have many fond memories of Rose going back to the earliest days during simpler times.  I started with the Irose beta test version in Feb 2005 and when that closed down the following August I signed up for the NArose version a few weeks later.  Rose was unlike any other game I had played, which is why I thought it was so cool.

I've met many people over the years of playing Rose but my fondest was meeting someone who posted on the forums as Handyman in 2006 but later returned under other names in 2008.  We fell in love over the months that followed and this coming March we will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary!  <3

Of course I have enjoyed many hours playing Rose and remember many fun times in on Luna in the Moon Child room and when Eldeon was still new too.  Fun times indeed.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 31 December 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#24 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

So I got a spare time, Id share some photos on my old photobucket account. (Photos were taken year 2009 I think.)

Signature made by Mentos for me, but I ended up having an argument with him  :p_sad:  I really loved Rose uniforms ! (Until now)

PorPBnS.jpg

When Sikuku Ruins had just been opened and when you lure the Elder Warbiz, TONS of mini warbizzz will spawn!! and look at the loots.

ft1Yc7e.jpg

Looted FMR in Turak King in Shady Jungle which costed 10mil way back!! I think this was the best ring before UW started

sYg4HDg.jpg

Way back then there were still tons of Shops in Xita

jsfZeYu.jpg

I had a full refined 7 set of Brave Gears both for my raider and champ. You know it was actually so hard to make it to 9 so getting a 7, I was already contented and happy. :p_hi:

ftOguHd.jpg

The 3 chars I leveled way to 210, No botting there!

ggOMvVt.jpg

J6XM5xm.jpg

So finally I got maxed, and hanged out in TG

eAGejj2.jpg

66CD0mv.jpg

And finally, to my surprise, did I actually had ANCIENTS? :p_omg: I didnt knew what were ancients way back then, I was just a kid  :p_sick:

StpDsHE.jpg

Edit:In this photo i assume IM rate was around 10mil/100points. (Bought reset stats for 22m only)

dTllSIv.jpg

Edited by MonnaLise, 06 January 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#25 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

I have some screenshots from 2006 on pre-evo:

Nothing special here, just a random screenshot of my raider, that's still my main char until today:

Fy8v2DF.jpg

Here's a screenshot killing a Behemoth just to find out how much exp it would give me (26k exp, that was a lot!): 

tmekKg2.jpg

In this one, when I was about to level I went to Adv. Plains and killed some jelly beans to level. I know that was stupid and today I'm really ashamed of that:

tGIQedc.jpg

Ok, now a really special moment to me. This is when I hit level 100 and got second job on pre-evo. I played for 3 months to reach level 100. Exp was really slow and hard that time,

and I was crazy to use Jaguar set and my Dragon knuckle:

I0dggm9.jpg

And the Winner is..... low level players ksing at Grandmaster Golem in Gorge of Silence (channel 1). This is a mage I created and went to Gorge to join the madness, but after evolution I

deleted this char due to the awful character name and wrong builds:

WjnVfsV.jpg

Now a screenshot from 2008 I think, when Sikuku Underground Prison was introduced, and people were rushing to get to lvl 200. I did not take this screenshot, but I found my raider in this

screenshot taken by another mate, and I saved it. I was using some Grey Astarot Wings. I got that wings from the item mall, that was just released as well. When the item mall service was 

introduced in the game, old players got some points for free. I spent that points on that wings.

The thing special about this screenshot is my weapon. For a long time I used the same Hawk Knuckle (6), because I had no money to afford a good Raven Knuckle. I bought

and farmed a lot of other Hawk Knuckles to try one into (7) refine, but all of them failed. When I eventually got a Hawk Knuckle (7) after some time, my friend crafted a Garnet [4] for me, but then

I spent all my money in drills and could not socket the weapon. Only fails again. Can't recall if that was before or after level 200 though.

When people asked me why I didn't have a Raven Knuckle, I would say it's because my Hawk had high dura/accuracy (which was true, it had 100 dura, but actually I wanted a better weapon and was

broken from all the fails). When I got level 200, I was in the Raider Top 10 of the server, but then I stopped playing short after that.

uTpAcLz.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users